Big Ten Expansion Discussion

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Big Ten Expansion Discussion

Post by Skate4RnR »

The league should FORCE those arrogant mick faggots Notre Dumb into the Little Eleven conference IMO. They were discussing possible teams that could go to the Little Eleven and they named Kansas as one of 'em.

Now you hear me and you hear me good. Over my fucking dead body will Kansas ever lower itself to that fucking pussy assed conference. You can have Iowa State but if Kansas was to ever join I'd die and I'd haunt those Little Eleven queers for eternity. Just imagine Kansas in the Little Eleven playing basketball. Jesus.

They're talking about taking Mizzou. I hate Mizzou with a passion but goddamnit you can't have them either no matter how bad you pussies want 'em.
ImageImageImage
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Big Ten Expansion Discussion

Post by thejuggernaut »

The Big Ten (and Pac 10) should be made to expand and play a conference title game if they want to remain part of the BCS.

Personally, I'd rather see the BCS dissolved and everything broken into conferences but, barring that, at least make the "big 6" conferences all have to play a conference championship game.

That goes for the Big East too - how that basketball conference with that pathetic attendance gets an automatic berth is astounding.

Right now, looking at the Big Ten, Pac 10 and Big East, can anyone honestly say that they have teams that are clearly better than TCU, BYU and Utah ?

Fuck Notre Dame as well. They should never get anywhere near a BCS game.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I don't need to cut and paste any of your post because I agree with every word.
ImageImageImage
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

If I'm the Big 10 the school I target more than any other is Rutgers. Getting into the New York market would be a HUGE boost on so many levels.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Well Kansas did lose alot of weight when Mangino resigned. Just sayin'.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

those arrogant mick faggots Notre Dumb
:lol:

As much as I liked that, ND will never give up the $$$ they rake in being an independent...
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Well Kansas did lose alot of weight when Mangino resigned. Just sayin'.
Sheeeit! :lol:
doctordestructo wrote:

As much as I liked that, ND will never give up the $$$ they rake in being an independent...
Fuck those guys man.
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

doctordestructo wrote:

ND has enough money to fire Charlie Weiss a hundred times. No one really grasps how much dough that school has.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

I'd like to see the Big 11 grab Rutgers, Syracuse, and Mizzou. That opens up a Big 12 spot for TCU. The Big East will grab Memphis for basketball purposes, opening up a C-USA spot for Troy (we've got to get out of the Sun Belt). Then, if you can convince the PAC-10 to take BYU and Boise, that leaves Utah as the only legit non-BCS contender.
NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

tyke wrote:I'd like to see the Big 11 grab Rutgers, Syracuse, and Mizzou. That opens up a Big 12 spot for TCU. The Big East will grab Memphis for basketball purposes, opening up a C-USA spot for Troy (we've got to get out of the Sun Belt). Then, if you can convince the PAC-10 to take BYU and Boise, that leaves Utah as the only legit non-BCS contender.
Why would the Pac-10 take BYU over Utah? The Utes have proven they can not only win BCS bowls, but destroy their competition in them, twice.

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
Alabama Slammer

NickasInSaltLick wrote: Why would the Pac-10 take BYU over Utah? The Utes have proven they can not only win BCS bowls, but destroy their competition in them, twice.
Either / Or
chadcroz
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by chadcroz »

thejuggernaut wrote:The Big Ten (and Pac 10) should be made to expand and play a conference title game if they want to remain part of the BCS.

I think that's why they want to go to 12. They could break it up into an east/west and have a conf championship.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Personally I think a school like Pitt or Cincinnati makes the most sense. Kansas or Mizzou won't go. The regional nature of the Big 12 is too strong for them to move to a conference that is more upper midwest than they are now.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

tyke wrote:I'd like to see the Big 11 grab Rutgers, Syracuse, and Mizzou. That opens up a Big 12 spot for TCU. The Big East will grab Memphis for basketball purposes, opening up a C-USA spot for Troy (we've got to get out of the Sun Belt). Then, if you can convince the PAC-10 to take BYU and Boise, that leaves Utah as the only legit non-BCS contender.
NO! FUCK THAT!

Look, the Kansas/Mizzou rivalry, there has been Civil War blood spilled. They can't leave. It won't happen. Even scum fucks like Mizzou wouldn't lower themselves to Little Eleven standards. Plus TCU? Get the fuck outta here. We'll take Arkansas, fuck that shit.
ImageImageImage
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Expand it. The Longhorns will just dominate more teams.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Sixdgritt wrote:Personally I think a school like Pitt or Cincinnati makes the most sense. Kansas or Mizzou won't go. The regional nature of the Big 12 is too strong for them to move to a conference that is more upper midwest than they are now.
Pittsburgh would be good. Penn State's Paterno has said repeatedly in interviews that he would like to see another team from either Pennsylvania or New York be the Big Ten's 12th team.

Here's a question, though...if they get a 12th team, what would they rename the Big 10?
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

The Little 12
ImageImageImage
Alabama Slammer

Skate4RnR wrote:
NO! FUCK THAT!

Look, the Kansas/Mizzou rivalry, there has been Civil War blood spilled. They can't leave. It won't happen. Even scum fucks like Mizzou wouldn't lower themselves to Little Eleven standards. Plus TCU? Get the fuck outta here. We'll take Arkansas, fuck that shit.

You can have Arkansas, but I seriously doubt they'd give up their piece of the SEC pie.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I doubt it too.
ImageImageImage
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

thejuggernaut wrote:

That goes for the Big East too - how that basketball conference with that pathetic attendance gets an automatic berth is astounding.

The Big East was an OK football conference for a while until Miami and BC defected and Syracuse started sucking.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

The Big East was an OK football conference for a while until Miami and BC defected and Syracuse started sucking.
Agreed. But the automatic berths are revisited every few years and Miami's been gone for a while now.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

Pitt and Rutgers are the two that are getting the most talk, and are probably the front runners. In order for a school to come into the Big Ten, they will have to be strong academically. The conference states that all Big Ten schools must be part of the Association of American Colleges, and there are only 60 universities that are (Cincinnati is not one of them). With New York being the biggest TV market and the Big Ten having their own network, I would think that Rutgers would be their first choice.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

You just don't want your Gayhawks coming to the Big House. Tate Forcier for the Heisman next year.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Redman77 wrote:You just don't want your Gayhawks coming to the Big House. Tate Forcier for the Heisman next year.
God, that would be fucking terrible.
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

uwec95 wrote:Pitt and Rutgers are the two that are getting the most talk, and are probably the front runners. In order for a school to come into the Big Ten, they will have to be strong academically.
Really? I went to Iowa because they said, 'if you have the money you can come here'. Everyone else told me the world needs ditch diggers too.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
BigCooler
Forming a Band

Post by BigCooler »

Redman77 wrote:Tate Forcier for the Heisman next year.
Baby steps, Red. Shoot for .500 and the Little Caesar's Bowl next year.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I live right outside of C-Bus, and I have come to loathe the Buckeyes. That's pretty unheard of around here. Heck, that mere statement got me banned from the cleveland fan dot com. But, my hatred of the Buckeyes stemmed from complete and total oversaturation by the media around here. The Buckeyes can do no wrong (although who ever their coach and or qb is, is always on the hot seat) and people actually compare being a Buckeyes fan to a religion. That, and half the Buckeye fans waving their OSU flags in the trailer park never stepped foot in a college, let alone OSU.
That's my rant.
For the record, I went to OU, and am a season ticket holder. I know, they are not a football factory, but at least I'm loyal to my college. I find MAC football to be ten times more entertaining than the Big Ten.
Last edited by Tymaster on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

BigCooler wrote:
Redman77 wrote:Tate Forcier for the Heisman next year.
Baby steps, Red. Shoot for .500 and the Little Caesar's Bowl next year.
That's about the nicest way you can slap Redfag in the face like that.
ImageImageImage
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Just wait until next year & take that ball sack out of your eyes & you'll see Skate.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4943237

Fuck the Little Eleven. Texas don't wanna go to your stupid ass conference. Notice how they're not looking for the small schools, they only want big money schools. Ain't gonna happen, if you want Big 12 you're gonna have Iowa State and that's it. Dumb asses, I fucking hate that faggot fucking conference.
ImageImageImage