Black Monday for NFL coaches.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Black Monday for NFL coaches.

Post by Tymaster »

Mangini survives another day. You know the man is sweating bullets. He didn't exactly get a ringing endorsement. My gut tells me Holmgren is a stand up guy and does want to give him a legitimate chance to state his case. Still, I think we're going to see a West Coast Guy. All of the Belichick clones have faltered. Kind of like all of the Jimmy Johnson coat tail riders, although Norv has a chance to change that this year.

Edited to add: Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that Mike Holmgren has already been on the phone with John Fox. I like this.
Last edited by Tymaster on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:The Rooney Rule, established in 2003, requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operations opportunities.
The rule is named for Dan Rooney, the owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the chairman of the league's diversity committee, and indirectly the Rooney family in general due to the team's long history of giving African Americans opportunities that most NFL teams at one point didn't give.
It is often cited as an example of affirmative action.
Yeah but every team side steps it somehow. Mangini was the only guy Lerner brought into the Browns last year for an interview. His "loophole?" He didn't immediately fire Romeo Crennel, he gave him a chance to "state his case to keep the job" on his way to firing him. So he (lerner) technically did "interview" a minority, although in reality the interview was Romeo getting fired.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Tymaster wrote:Garbageman, is your real name "Art Shell?"
Close... I'm Artie Fufkin.

Where is that new Raiders' stadium? :twisted:
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Garbageman wrote:

No one outside of Oakland likes the Raiders, but Al wants to move to some state of the art stadium somewhere else. Meanwhile he puts out a football product that's akin to LA Clippers Basketball. I don't wish death on anyone, but his passing would be the best thing to happen to Raider Nation. At one point, he was a great owner, but he's off his rocker.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Tymaster wrote:
Garbageman wrote:
No one outside of Oakland likes the Raiders
I'm a Raiders fan and live in Venice, CA Image Image
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

doctordestructo wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
Garbageman wrote:
No one outside of Oakland likes the Raiders
I'm a Raiders fan and live in Venice, CA Image Image

Raider fan here foo!
Tymaster wrote:
Garbageman wrote:

No one outside of Oakland likes the Raiders, but Al wants to move to some state of the art stadium somewhere else. Meanwhile he puts out a football product that's akin to LA Clippers Basketball. I don't wish death on anyone, but his passing would be the best thing to happen to Raider Nation. At one point, he was a great owner, but he's off his rocker.
The Raiders need a new stadium, the Alameda Coliseum is a total shit hole but if they move anywhere other then LA I'll probably stop watching football or not give two shits, the game today is a watered down product of what I grew up with anyway.

What can be said about Al? The old man is totally off his fucking rocker but to compare the Raiders to the Clippers is a joke, they've won their share of championships and was in the super bowl what? 7 years ago?...It could be worse.

Sad part is, Al Davis is a cyborg and will out live us all.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

I predict Tom Cable gets fired, replaced by Jim Fassel and J.P. Losman will be the starting QB in Oakland next season. Fassel coached Losman in the UFL and really likes him...
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

UtahRatt wrote: The Raiders need a new stadium, the Alameda Coliseum is a total shit hole but if they move anywhere other then LA I'll probably stop watching football or not give two shits, the game today is a watered down product of what I grew up with anyway.

What can be said about Al? The old man is totally off his fucking rocker but to compare the Raiders to the Clippers is a joke, they've won their share of championships and was in the super bowl what? 7 years ago?...It could be worse.

Sad part is, Al Davis is a cyborg and will out live us all.
The league was pushing for the Raiders and 49ers to team up for one new football stadium similar to the Jets & Giants new building. Of course if that were to happen it would be like the Clippers... one team always gets greatly overshadowed and treated like a JV team. It's still funny to most that the Jets spent two decades playing home games at Giants Stadium.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer