Norv Turner playoff bloopers coming soon...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Norv Turner playoff bloopers coming soon...

Post by chungasrevenge »

This guy has the Schottenheimer disease. He always collapses under the pressure and goes into psychosis. Game management out the window.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Norv Turner playoff bloopers coming soon...

Post by thejuggernaut »

chungasrevenge wrote:This guy has the Schottenheimer disease. He always collapses under the pressure and goes into psychosis. Game management out the window.
The thing the Chargers don't do under Norv Turner that they did under Marty Schottenheimer is play tight once the playoffs arrive. Playing Martyball in both 2004 and 2006, San Diego wasted huge seasons with one-and-done homefield playoff exits, but the Chargers have won three playoff games the past two seasons under the laid-back Turner, and only the Giants have won more in that span. Maybe it's because Turner's Chargers have started slowly each year, forcing them to play with a sense of urgency from midseason on. By the time the playoffs roll around, they're used to the pressure, and it doesn't paralyze them. San Diego has played free and easy over the course of its NFL-high 11-game winning streak, and the timing finally seems right for the Chargers to return to the Super Bowl in Miami, where they last appeared on the game's grandest stage 15 years ago.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Chargers are going all the way this year. I've gone about six weeks without bitching about Norv, which is a record, so it is time to give him credit.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

tin00can wrote:Chargers are going all the way this year. I've gone about six weeks without bitching about Norv, which is a record, so it is time to give him credit.
Yeah, this is the year. The pressure is on.

The Pats going into San Diego makes me nervous. Coaching is our only edge.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Peyton Manning disagrees with you. Chargers have emerged as a deadly team, which is dope, because AFC playoffs got way more fucking interesting in the last three weeks
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

I mentioned it in another thread, but all of the Jimmy Johnson coat tail riders have been a joke. How Norv even got this job blows my mind. This is his chance to win the big one. Other wise, he and Dave W. will be considered decent assistant coaches who never deserved head coaching jobs.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

chungasrevenge wrote:
tin00can wrote:Chargers are going all the way this year. I've gone about six weeks without bitching about Norv, which is a record, so it is time to give him credit.

Guess you aren't gonna have to worry about that.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I'd say it's save to say that if Norvy blows this game and this Chargers team is a "one and done" playoff team, that Norvy will never be a head coach in the NFL again.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Chargers to choke against the Jets again at home in the playoffs?

yep, and it will suck like every year

seeing a NFL game in sunny San Diego does rule all

beach,game,strip club a good time always
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The Jets will find out what it is like to play a real team on Sunday. They'll leave the stadium on the loser bus.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

tin00can wrote:The Jets will find out what it is like to play a real team on Sunday. They'll leave the stadium on the loser bus.
While I agree the Jets beat a bunch of bums Saturday night, I think it would be unwise to completely underestimate a team with nothing to lose.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Crazy Levi wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:

Guess you aren't gonna have to worry about that.
You ain't kidding. Brutal.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

From the San Diego Tribune :lol:

The Chargers’ 17-14 loss to the Jets before the largest audience to watch the team play in Qualcomm Stadium has to rank up there with the greatest choke jobs in franchise history, and that covers some serious gagging: December 1979 against the Oilers, January 2005 against the Jets and January 2007 against the Patriots.

We weren’t allowed in the locker room in the first few minutes following this thing, but we guessed head coach Norv Turner handed out several game nooses, and hopefully he kept one for himself.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

chungasrevenge wrote: Norv Turner handed out several game nooses, and hopefully he kept one for himself.
Only one is needed and it's for Nate Kaeding.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

tin00can wrote:The Jets will find out what it is like to play a real team on Sunday. They'll leave the stadium on the loser bus.
..... That real team had a REAL tough time of it.

Jets are legit. #1 ranked defense in the league, #1 rushing offense in the league. When teams like that get on a roll... they're awfully tough to beat if you play scared which is exactly what the Chargers did. They were afraid of crapping the bed again in the playoffs and they did.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Yeah, I suck. And I was wrong. I'm all over the Jets bandwagon now.

And hey, the Chargers rewarded Turner with a three-year extension. No kidding.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Ehhh... You can only change coaches after first-round byes so often...

The Jets deserved to win, and Turner did some dumb things, but two makeable kicks by Kaeding and he wouldn't have had to make some of those decisions.

A little drafting and trading for running and defence and there's no reason to think the Chargers don't get back to the play-offs next year... And then it is on the players to show they've learnt something from this.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!