BCS Championship Game, Bama vs Texas!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

BCS Championship Game, Bama vs Texas!

Post by BodyBagz »

Its time for the biggest football game of the season...fuck a buncha Super Bowl!

Come on Bama, its time to Roll that Tide across those Longhorns and drown them in the muck.... :!:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: BCS Championship Game, Bama vs Texas!

Post by tripsgirl »

I HATE all this BS before the game,lets get the damn
thing started already...
And im pullin for the under dog in this one,plus i hateSabin...
Im just happy as shit Fla isn't in it this year we got some new blood in it...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Sorry Texas fans i think i jinxed you... This game looks like its over before half time...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

tripsgirl wrote:Sorry Texas fans i think i jinxed you... This game looks like its over before half time...
I feel REALLY bad now for rooting for The Tide. I was thinking revenge for Ohio State's loss to Texas last year in the Fiesta, but I didn't want to see McCoy hurt like that. Sucks hard for him. Now it's not even a fair fight...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

That got uninteresting real quick.
Blind Lemon Pledge
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Blind Lemon Pledge »

Texas showed a lot of heart.
I now own an astonishing twelve forks, of varying size and quality. Those ol' one fork, Hamburger Helper days are gone for good.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Even with McCoy out, Texas mounted a hell of a 2nd half...getting within 3 points. McCoy stayed out to protect his NFL prospects...no need to lose millions just for a trophy that only gets the school and the head coach additional money....

Bama looked bad in the 1st quarter, great in the 2nd, mediocre in the third and terrible in the 4th...right up until the last 3 minutes...

Here to the Alabama Crimson Tide...snagged their first Heisman this year, as well as going undefeated and winning the BCS Championship...Roll Tide Roll!!!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Nick Saban can suck a cock. Good for the players, though.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

After watching this mess tonight, I think it's clear Bama was lucky it caught Florida on a bad night.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

It got good in the second half, but then Gilbert started throwing interception, after interception...etc. But Texas showed heart.

I'm kind of a football novice though. Can somebody clue me in on why everybody hates Saban so much?
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Rorysfan wrote:After watching this mess tonight, I think it's clear Bama was lucky it caught Florida on a bad night.
Or lucky that ( True Heisman winner ) Colt Mc Coy was injured.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

That was anti-climactic.

Plus I knew Texas was truly screwed and jinxed when they showed Vince Young on the sidelines and pointed out he still had a year of eligibility rather than talking up any ability or stats "the true freshmen" may have had.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Even with McCoy out, Texas mounted a hell of a 2nd half...getting within 3 points. McCoy stayed out to protect his NFL prospects...no need to lose millions just for a trophy that only gets the school and the head coach additional money....
No, fuck that, If that dude could play even if injured you get your ass out there and play, again IF he could play, it's not like he won't get drafted and make millions. He was acting kind of funny after the game, and the announcers alluded to the fact that he's got "more" on the line next year. I didn't like none of that bullshit, it's basically saying, "yeah colt fuck this game it don't mean shit, fuck your teamates too!" Who was it jack youngblood played with a broken leg, Don Meredith played with a collapsed lung, emmit smith played with a fucked up shoulder, hell roethlisberger last week came out with a similiar injury and went right back in. If i'm an NFL scout i'm questioning that guys heart. they said x-rays were negative, I wonder what pops was telling him in the locker room.

And Monty one reason Saban is considered a prick is the way he handled his situation in miami, dude said with a straight face he wasent going anywhere and he was commited to the dolphins, not long after he was landing in Alabama to take the job there, WTF is so hard about saying, "yeah i might take the bama job"?
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

dtmfs wrote:
No, fuck that, If that dude could play even if injured you get your ass out there and play, again IF he could play, it's not like he won't get drafted and make millions. He was acting kind of funny after the game, and the announcers alluded to the fact that he's got "more" on the line next year. I didn't like none of that bullshit, it's basically saying, "yeah colt fuck this game it don't mean shit, fuck your teamates too!" Who was it jack youngblood played with a broken leg, Don Meredith played with a collapsed lung, emmit smith played with a fucked up shoulder, hell roethlisberger last week came out with a similiar injury and went right back in. If i'm an NFL scout i'm questioning that guys heart. they said x-rays were negative, I wonder what pops was telling him in the locker room.
Couple of thoughts...

1) Playing through an injury once you have your big pro contract like Roethlisberger is far, far different than a QB risking exacerbating an arm injury the year he is intending to go pro.

2) Assuming the injury WAS legit and he COULDN'T play, I don't think he was acting any more 'weird' than you might a kid who has just suffered a crushing disappointment and is worried about his future might.

3) That said, I agree with your general point, and don't know any more about the situation than what I saw and have read here.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

demolition23 wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
Couple of thoughts...

1) Playing through an injury once you have your big pro contract like Roethlisberger is far, far different than a QB risking exacerbating an arm injury the year he is intending to go pro.

2) Assuming the injury WAS legit and he COULDN'T play, I don't think he was acting any more 'weird' than you might a kid who has just suffered a crushing disappointment and is worried about his future might.

3) That said, I agree with your general point, and don't know any more about the situation than what I saw and have read here.
The thing that would concern me the most as an NFL GM, more than the alleged injury, was his father, the coach, Al Davising him.

What happens if McCoy is in a contract year and takes a hard hit ?

He and his father have just displayed they are in it not to win, for the moment, but to protect future paydays.

McCoy left more $ on the table by not coming back in than had he come back and performed poorly after being "injured", especially with a true freshman almost rallying them.

Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

dtmfs wrote: And Monty one reason Saban is considered a prick is the way he handled his situation in miami, dude said with a straight face he wasent going anywhere and he was commited to the dolphins, not long after he was landing in Alabama to take the job there, WTF is so hard about saying, "yeah i might take the bama job"?
He's always been about the next job, no matter where he coached.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Cool...thanks for the info guys. I just heard a lot of people the last week putting the bad mouth on him. Even people rooting for 'Bama...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

did not see much of the game last night, but i think the mccoy injury is basically a look into the future.

was he really going to be a 1st round draft pick?
was there a team that was going to risk drafting him early and tag him as the franchise.

mccoy to me is basically the next detmer, the next andre ware, the next akili smith, etc.....
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Machado wrote:did not see much of the game last night, but i think the mccoy injury is basically a look into the future.

was there a team that was going to risk drafting him early and tag him as the franchise.

mccoy to me is basically the next detmer, the next andre ware, the next akili smith, etc.....

Except......McCoy has the tools and credentials to be a good pro, whereas those guys didn't.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Machado wrote:did not see much of the game last night, but i think the mccoy injury is basically a look into the future.

Except......McCoy has the tools and credentials to be a good pro, whereas those guys didn't.
I've had this debate w/friends and have tried to pay attention to the "experts" on ESPN.
If I was a GM, no way I would draft him in round 1-4.
Perhaps I'm sick and tired of seeing QB's drafted in the 1st round, given tens of millions of dollars and never amounting to much.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

thejuggernaut wrote:
McCoy left more $ on the table by not coming back in than had he come back and performed poorly after being "injured", especially with a true freshman almost rallying them.[/color]
[/size]
Maybe. I think it depends on the extent of the injury. How much good was he gonna be on the field if he couldn't throw the ball? The kid was inexperienced, but at least he had a good right arm. He got them close. With a few less drops he may have pulled it out. I think McCoy may have ultimately done what was best for his team.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
McCoy left more $ on the table by not coming back in than had he come back and performed poorly after being "injured", especially with a true freshman almost rallying them.[/color]
[/size]
Maybe. I think it depends on the extent of the injury. How much good was he gonna be on the field if he couldn't throw the ball? The kid was inexperienced, but at least he had a good right arm. He got them close. With a few less drops he may have pulled it out. I think McCoy may have ultimately done what was best for his team.
his father was on espn this morning and said the kid tried to throw some balls in the locker room during halftime, but the dr's concluded it was not in his best interest to suit up again and risk taking another hit to his arm.

ESPN built up this game for mccoy and because of that, i think ESPN did more damage to his draft status than mccoy himself.

just for the record: if any teams wants to draft this kid between rounds 1 and 4, let them have the player. he won't amount to much as a pro.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Machado wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

I've had this debate w/friends and have tried to pay attention to the "experts" on ESPN.
If I was a GM, no way I would draft him in round 1-4.
Perhaps I'm sick and tired of seeing QB's drafted in the 1st round, given tens of millions of dollars and never amounting to much.
Or perhaps it's your abject hatred of all things Texas on account of your Sooner homery.

He's the most successful QB in NCAA history, is a student of the game and has great intelligent, if average arm strength; he's definitely worth a first day pick to someone.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
bane wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
[/size]
his father was on espn this morning and said the kid tried to throw some balls in the locker room during halftime, but the dr's concluded it was not in his best interest to suit up again and risk taking another hit to his arm.

ESPN built up this game for mccoy and because of that, i think ESPN did more damage to his draft status than mccoy himself.

just for the record: if any teams wants to draft this kid between rounds 1 and 4, let them have the player. he won't amount to much as a pro.
I think your OU bias is showing dude. Colt has all the tools, including the most important one, leadership. I wouldn't take him in the first, but I think he'd be a very good second round pick. If he's still around in the fourth somebody will be getting a steal. Whether he falls on his ass or becomes the next Joe Montana remains to be seen, but I think he's a very solid second round pick for somebody.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Time will tell.
No homery involved here.
Shit, the Cowboys have 2 starters on offense from Texas and I cheer for them :)

Seriously, I'm very surprised at how much potential the ESPN experts believe mccoy has as an NFL QB

Fuck, I knew lazy-ass russell would not amount to shit. When a QB weighs that much, you know that lazy bastard lacks the work ethic.
Makes me grin to see another NFL team waste tens of millions on a 1st round QB pick.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Machado wrote:
bane wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
[/size]

You're just pissed because he was 3-1 in 4 starts vs Oklahoma.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

demolition23 wrote:[

1. Yeah, I'll admit i'm not up on college history as i am the NFL, I can't think of any college "willis reed" type moments where the kid says "fuck it, i'm hurt but i'm gonna play through it." You're right theres def a big difference, but any of those guys i mentioned could've prematurley ended their pro careers. big ben will be due another huge contract sooner or later and he went out there because he's a tough SOB.

2. Like I said if his shoulder was seriously fucked up, I don't blame him/the coaching staff for keeping him out. there was some fishy shit going on and it just seemed strange to me. They never had him take a couple practice throws, he was shown on the sidelines lifting the arm up, touching his face etc, and of course thats getting big talk on the net and cable sports shows, you know the inevitable "how hurt was he"? I'm not trying to rag on the guy, he's a hell of a player. I really thought the announcers comments though about the NFL being more important than the game were a slap in the face to his teammates.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Machado wrote:Time will tell.
No homery involved here.
Nope, never is.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=187310&start=0
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dtmfs wrote:
demolition23 wrote:[

1. Yeah, I'll admit i'm not up on college history as i am the NFL, I can't think of any college "willis reed" type moments where the kid says "fuck it, i'm hurt but i'm gonna play through it." You're right theres def a big difference, but any of those guys i mentioned could've prematurley ended their pro careers. big ben will be due another huge contract sooner or later and he went out there because he's a tough SOB.

2. Like I said if his shoulder was seriously fucked up, I don't blame him/the coaching staff for keeping him out. there was some fishy shit going on and it just seemed strange to me. They never had him take a couple practice throws, he was shown on the sidelines lifting the arm up, touching his face etc, and of course thats getting big talk on the net and cable sports shows, you know the inevitable "how hurt was he"? I'm not trying to rag on the guy, he's a hell of a player. I really thought the announcers comments though about the NFL being more important than the game were a slap in the face to his teammates.
Did Herbie and Musburger actually say the NFL might
be more important than the game last night?
WOW!!

He complained of a "dead arm". Losing feeling in his arm.
His father said the injury was a freak injury.
Guess he was hit with the right amount of force, at the wrong time, in the wrong place???

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Did Herbie and Musburger actually say the NFL might
be more important than the game last night?
WOW!!
at one point I heard musberger say something to that effect, not exact words but close enough. i remember it was after he mentined mccoys dad was back there with him.