WildCard Weekend Prediction Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

WildCard Weekend Prediction Thread

Post by Tymaster »

I like the New York Jets to upset the Bengals (but if I'm wrong on this one look out, the Bengals could be this years wildcard team to go all the way, they are schizo. World beaters one week, chumps the next).

I'll take Green Bay over AZ. Take AZ out of the NFC West and they are not even a playoff team.

New England beats the Ravens. The Ravens are peaking at the right time, but Belichick always wins at least one play off game.

Philly and Dallas. I'm torn on this one. But, I can't imagine Philly getting drilled two weeks in a row, and Romo and Wade have never won anything in the post season, so I gotta go with Philly. But, see my above statement about the Bengals. If Dallas wins they may make a serious run.
The NFC all depends on how the Favre Childress marriage works out in the playoffs.
The AFC is wide open.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: WildCard Weekend Prediction Thread

Post by OverMe »

Cin over NYJ
Dal over Phi
GB over AZ
NE over Bal
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Jets over Cinci

Dallas over Philly

NE over Baltimore

GB over Az
Last edited by nycyankee on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Dead set:
GB over AZ
NE over Bal

Not sure:
NYJ over Cin 14 to 7 3rd Q - Jets
Phi over Dal
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Dallas surprised me. Look out world.
Cincy, not a let down at all. Living in Ohio I (unwillingly) follow those schmucks every year. Carson Palmer and Marvin Lewis have yet to win anything.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Both games surprised the shit out of me. Carson Palmer was flat, but wtf is wrong with their offensive line in passing schemes?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Another lesson for Cincy to teach the league: don't lay down on your last game of the season. The Bengals looked at the Jets the way Tyson looked at Buster Douglas. They figured "we'll lay down, see what the Jets have, then we'll beat them when it counts." Didn't work out for ya there Marvin Lewis did it??? The Bengals may have been able to beat the Texans or Steelers, but they laid down and chose the Jets. Bad move.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

I forgot the game was on at 1 today and turned it over to see whats up and HOLY SHIT Bal 21 NE 0 :shock: And the NE fans are booing,i fucking love it!!! And there is anouther INT HAHAHAHA!!! Im sorry NE fans i dont mean to rub it in,game just started they might come back...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

tripsgirl wrote:I forgot the game was on at 1 today and turned it over to see whats up and HOLY SHIT Bal 21 NE 0 :shock: And the NE fans are booing,i fucking love it!!! And there is anouther INT HAHAHAHA!!! Im sorry NE fans i dont mean to rub it in,game just started they might come back...
Yeah, they're getting killed. Too bad 2T isn't around anymore.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Wow not challenging that turnover could come back a bite Bal in the ass...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Tymaster wrote:Another lesson for Cincy to teach the league: don't lay down on your last game of the season. The Bengals looked at the Jets the way Tyson looked at Buster Douglas. They figured "we'll lay down, see what the Jets have, then we'll beat them when it counts." Didn't work out for ya there Marvin Lewis did it??? The Bengals may have been able to beat the Texans or Steelers, but they laid down and chose the Jets. Bad move.
Not sure they should have treated that Week 17 game this it was the Super Bowl, BUT...... I don't know too many intelligent coaches that would want to face a team that has the league's top-ranked rushing attack and top-ranked defense in the brutal cold to open the playoffs. That's essentially what Lewis decided to do by having his team roll over in that last game.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

This Cards/Pack game is INSANE!! :shock: Wow, very entertaining, but wtf was that, Rackers??!?!

Overtime. Come on Cards...
Fuck sigs.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:This Cards/Pack game is INSANE!! :shock: Wow, very entertaining, but wtf was that, Rackers??!?!

Overtime. Come on Cards...
Another kicker potentially blows a game by missing an easy field goal. Sad.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

That's game!!! Sick ending!
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

I think the Saints are going to easily beat AZ next week.

AZ defense sucks.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:I think the Saints are going to easily beat AZ next week.

AZ defense sucks.
Yeah, but their offense is explosive, and the Saints haven't been playing well for quite some time. I think it will be a decent game.

TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Ultimate irony: Cards defense wins the game. :lol:
Fuck sigs.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Next week's picks:

Cowboys over Vikings

Jets over Chargers ( Jets are my team, can't pick against them)

Baltimore over Colts

Saints over AZ
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:Next week's picks:

Baltimore over Colts
You'll regret this.

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

poizond13 wrote:

Baltimore over Colts
You'll regret this.

I picked Pats over Baltimore this weekend even though my gut kept telling me Baltimore would easily beat the Pats. I am not going to make that mistake 2 weeks in a row. I have a feeling Baltimore will win.

Jets vs. Baltimore AFC Championship at the Meadowlands

If i would have said this a few weeks ago, people would have said I am a crazy crackhead. Now all they can say is I am on crack :lol:
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

Baltimore over Colts
You'll regret this.

I picked Pats over Baltimore this weekend even though my gut kept telling me Baltimore would easily beat the Pats. I am not going to make that mistake 2 weeks in a row. I have a feeling Baltimore will win.

If i would have said this a few weeks ago, people would have said I am a crazy crackhead. Now all they can say is I am on crack :lol:
Well, I can see the Jets over the Chargers. In fact, I would love that. But the Colts have beaten the Ravens seven straight times, including once this season. The Ravens didn't play great today, as much as the Pats just played horrible.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Cowboys vs Vikings = Cowboys
Buh-bye Brett

Jets vs Chargers = Chargers
SD is the most balanced team in the league

Ravens vs Colts = Ravens
Balt is hot and Indy will pull another one-and-done

Cardinals vs Saints = Saints
This one could go either way, but I'll say homefield and a week off will help a banged up N.O.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

"Well, I can see the Jets over the Chargers. In fact, I would love that. But the Colts have beaten the Ravens seven straight times, including once this season. The Ravens didn't play great today, as much as the Pats just played horrible"

The Ravens will eventually beat them one of these days. I guess you can say they are due.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:"Well, I can see the Jets over the Chargers. In fact, I would love that. But the Colts have beaten the Ravens seven straight times, including once this season. The Ravens didn't play great today, as much as the Pats just played horrible"

The Ravens will eventually beat them one of these days. I guess you can say they are due.
Of course anything can happen, but I just don't think the Ravens have enough fire power to keep up with the Colts offense. Yeah, they had a big game today, but that was against a pathetic Pats D, and an offense that gave them plenty of turnovers. The Colts have a very stout defense and you better believe that Peyton and the offense aren't going to turn the ball over the way the Pats did today.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

nycyankee wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

Baltimore over Colts
You'll regret this.

This is very possible. Not the crack part. But Baltimore and the Jets playing for the AFC championship at the Meadowlands. Both teams seem to peeking at the right time.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Joe Flacco's stats today:

4-10 34yds and 1int Pass rating:10

Wow, that's horrible. The Ravens don't stand a chance against the Colts.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

poizond13 wrote:Joe Flacco's stats today:

Don't forget that Trent Dilfer and Ben Toothlessburger have won super bowls with stats nearly equivalent to that. It's the playoffs and anything can happen.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Last I checked, the Ravens have a beastly O Line and the Colts have a smallish dline.

The Ravens have two feature backs to split the duties and stay fresh despite stacked boxes.

Not to mention, despite the box stacking on account of the inexperience at QB and lack of a deep threat, Baltimore's two backs each averaged over 5 YPC and combined for 19 td. Toss in another 78 rec for 780 yards for Rice, add McClain and that's a freakishly devastating backfield.

Can they get away without at least taking some shots downfield against the Colts ? Probably not. But, stranger things have happened.

Also, we don't know how Garcon/Collie are going to respond to the playoffs against the Ravens' D.

I'd say the Ravens have a very good chance.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

thejuggernaut wrote:

Last I checked, the Ravens have a beastly O Line and the Colts have a smallish dline.

The Ravens have two feature backs to split the duties and stay fresh despite stacked boxes.

Not to mention, despite the box stacking on account of the inexperience at QB and lack of a deep threat, Baltimore's two backs each averaged over 5 YPC and combined for 19 td. Toss in another 78 rec for 780 yards for Rice, add McClain and that's a freakishly devastating backfield.

Can they get away without at least taking some shots downfield against the Colts ? Probably not. But, stranger things have happened.

Also, we don't know how Garcon/Collie are going to respond to the playoffs against the Ravens' D.

You're damned skippy.
P13, musical differences aside, it's cool to see you support your team. But be careful thumping your chest in the playoffs. I've been watching the NFL for decades, and if one thing is for certain it is this: nothing is for certain. In the NFL, you can throw e/t you learned, or thought you learned about a team during the regular season out the window. The playoffs is a whole new battlefield where everyone is damned near equal. Are there going to be blowouts? Sure. But with parity and free agency, gone are the days of "the sure bet." The Ravens, Steelers, and Cardinals have proven that you back pedal into the playoffs and still make, and possibly win, the SuperBowl. And that is what makes the playoffs so great to watch.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Tymaster wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

You're damned skippy.
P13, musical differences aside, it's cool to see you support your team. But be careful thumping your chest in the playoffs.
poizond13 wrote:Fuck the pats and Brady's bitch ass. 19-0 > 18-1!!!! And on top of that, no cheating was required!