Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

Post by Tymaster »

I got slaughtered this weekend, so don't take my advice! LOL

I'm going with the Vikes over the Saints. If for no other reason than I think for whatever reason Favre is such a roll, combined w/ the perpetual bad luck of the Saint, and playing in the Superdome won't phase Favre at all. I say Vikes.

Colts. Jets get all the props in the world. Rex Ryan should have been coach of the year. What can you say about Sanchez. I wanted the Browns to pass on him, thinking he was all hype. Wish the Browns had that one back. At any rate, Peyton and the Colts are men on a mission.

Favre vs. Manning in the SB. Highest rated SB ever.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

Post by OverMe »

Saints/Colts
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

From Letterman last night:

Top Ten Signs The New York Jets Are Getting Cocky

10.Offered to give the Colts a 14 point head start
9.Just purchased Ikea shelving unit for Vince Lombardi trophy
8.Four words: Field goal kicking donkey
7.Several confused Jets have called Eli Manning to say, "See you Sunday"
6.Whole team is now dating Jessica Simpson
5.Posted playbook on Twitter
4.Focus on tomorrow's practice: executing a flawless postgame Gatorade bath
3.Players have this weekend off
2.Instead of focusing on Colts receivers, Darrelle Revis negotiating a deal to host "The Tonight Show" in 2015
1.Rex Ryan calling his abs "The Situation Plus 40 Years of Cheese Fries"
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

jets 38 Colts 3 :lol: awaits Poizon to respond

Minnesota 3 Saints 0

superbowl : Jets 45 Minnesota 7

My drugs are great.

P.S this is just a joke
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Colts by at least 10.
Saints/Vikes is a tougher call, but I'm rooting Saints, so I'm gonna go with them.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:jets 38 Colts 3 :lol: awaits Poizon to respond

Minnesota 3 Saints 0

superbowl : Jets 45 Minnesota 7

My drugs are great.

P.S this is just a joke
:lol:

Here are my prediction:

Vikings- 34
Saints- 28

Jets- 6
Colts- 28

I don't see the Jets as being able to put up a fight against the Colts. If you look at history, Peyton Manning has never really struggled against Rex Ryan lead defenses. In fact, last time the Colts went against Ryan's defense in Baltimore last year, they lit them up for 31 points. The Jets are obviously going to blitz hard, and Peyton manning will pick them apart. In recent years, Peyton has not really struggled against the Blitz. Blitzing heavily means there will usually be someone open, and there is no one better than Peyton Manning at finding the open receiver. Furthermore, the Colts have faced many blitzing teams this season and have never had problems with protection. Addai, Brown, and even Hart are excellent at diagnosing the free blitzer and picking them up.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Colts have been quite stout. Regardless of what's being said in the press, the Colts have been very good against the run for most of the season, with the exception of the Miami game, in which the Dolphins ran the wildcat, and the last two games of the season when the Colts were resting. They will hold the Jets to under 125 yards of rushing. That will put the game on Sanchez's soldiers, a load which he won't be able to handle. A rookie QB going into a hostile environment against a good defense is a recipe for disaster. Their only chance is to get the run going, and I don't see that happening.

If I were a betting man, which I am, I would say that the Colts -7.5 is a sure bet.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Colts by 13

Saints by 17
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

My predictions have sucked so far so I'm going to say fuck it and go with the upsets.

Vikes by 6

Jets by 4
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:
If I were a betting man, which I am, I would say that the Colts -7.5 is a sure bet.
For probably the first time ever, I agree with you on something.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I have to go with Saints and Colts

Jets are playing way over their heads - great season and the future looks bright but I think this is it for this season.

Saints are just too goddamn good. Bush made some insane plays on Saturday - Seems like AP hasn't done shit this year for the Vikes. Brett won't be able to win this game all by himself, and you can't help but wonder when the REAL Brett will show up and start chucking INTs.

It's fate. The Saints will make it to the Super Bowl for the first time ever.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

I don't care if it's by pure luck or the skin of their teeth, I hope the Saints beat the Vikings.
"FUN'S OVER."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
For probably the first time ever, I agree with you on something.
It sure ain't no Nostradamus prediction, Colts take this easy, I'm more then tempted to hit the sports book before the game.

No way the Rookie covers the spread, If Sanchez don't toss 2 picks if not 3 I'll be surprised.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Saints 38
Vikes 17

JETS 20
Colts 17
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Anybody but the Vikings. I don't want to listen to my in laws for the rest of my life about how great they are.

I'm going with the Saints and Colts. Vikings have not done well on the road towards the end of the year and Manning's strength is picking up the blitz.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Redman77 wrote:Anybody but the Vikings. I don't want to listen to my in laws for the rest of my life about how great they are.

yea but then if the Vikings lose, maybe ur wife might not give u any...is that a risk ur willing to take?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

She's not a huge football fan, so that's not an issue.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Redman77 wrote:She's not a huge football fan, so that's not an issue.
ok, well if ur father-in-law gives u any trouble then I'll beat him up...I hate him already anyway so that works out
Stoner wrote:
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Are you jealous of me spending time with him? :lol:
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Redman77 wrote:Are you jealous of me spending time with him? :lol:

no no no, u got the wrong idea...u see when u go visit him, u miss out on concerts
Stoner wrote:
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I hope the Jets win, unless the Colts kicker misses at least 3 fiield goals they have no chance, Indy by 24

Saints vs Bret, i like both teams..Im good with either

would be be great in the end it was Vikings vs Jets

the team Bret last played for vs the team he wanted on for the SuperBowl

if the Jets win the whole thing, that would be unreal..an avereage team gets in and wins it all

the Jets being the underdog is just so great and fun..Jets 2010 Superbowl Champs!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

A few years from now people will look back on this and wonder how a shitty team such as the Jets managed to make it all the way to the AFCCG. They'll wonder how the Colts got so lucky to play such an under qualified team in such a big game. The Superbowl will be the real test for the Colts. The Saints and Vikes are both great teams.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:A few years from now people will look back on this and wonder how a shitty team such as the Jets managed to make it all the way to the AFCCG. They'll wonder how the Colts got so lucky to play such an under qualified team in such a big game. The Superbowl will be the real test for the Colts. The Saints and Vikes are both great teams.
That's because your stupid and ignorant generation of nerds who's closest experience to football is on PlayStation don't have a fucking clue about defense or running games and will never understand how someone like Dilfer ever won a championship.....Let alone even remember who the fuck Dilfer is.

No one that's ever played or understands the game would say the stupid shit you do and the best part is your tiny brain will never get it.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:A few years from now people will look back on this and wonder how a shitty team such as the Jets managed to make it all the way to the AFCCG. They'll wonder how the Colts got so lucky to play such an under qualified team in such a big game. The Superbowl will be the real test for the Colts. The Saints and Vikes are both great teams.
Actually, in the internet age, it really won't be much of a wonder. They'll see a team that led the league in rushing offense, scoring defense, total defense, passing defense. You know, the things that have been preached as the fundamentals of football since the game was conceived.

They won't have to look very hard because years from now, when Darrelle Revis is being talked about as not only one of the best ever, but exactly where in the top 10 CBs of all time he belongs, it'll make sense.
Last edited by thejuggernaut on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Just two words:

If by some miracle of events New Orleans ends up winning the Super Bowl on top of Bama's National Championship, no football season would ever be able to compare.
WTF

Post by WTF »

I fucking hate the Jets, but Revis a beast. I don't think I remember a shut-down CB like him since Deion.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Vikings win out.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Frank Barone wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
That's because your stupid and ignorant generation of nerds who's closest experience to football is on PlayStation don't have a fucking clue about defense or running games and will never understand how someone like Dilfer ever won a championship.....Let alone even remember who the fuck Dilfer is.

No one that's ever played or understands the game would say the stupid shit you do and the best part is your tiny brain will never get it.

Haha... I like that response.
Me as well. Somehow I don't believe P13 ever played organized football in his life. My God, I remember the torture of two-a-days in August.........
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Tymaster wrote:
Frank Barone wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Haha... I like that response.
Me as well. Somehow I don't believe P13 ever played organized football in his life. My God, I remember the torture of two-a-days in August.........

What would give you that idea ?

His girlish nine iron build ?

Or maybe it's that his comments on football, when not dominated by his usual fanboy obsessiveness, seem like copy/pastings of trite NFL cliches slapped together from a greatest hits of Don Banks, Peter King, Len Pasquarelli and Adam Schefter.

One of my favorite P13 moments of delusion was this >

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
hairmetalhasbeen wrote:I love how this douche keeps saying "We" like he is on the sidelines calling the plays....not only that, but why is it that whoever has a different opinion them him "knows nothing" about football? How many times have you said that in this thread? And Who died and made you John Madden?

God, you're a fucking idiot, you band wagon jumping ass sucker.

And remember, the nine iron weighs about 160 pounds soaking wet. But he claims to have played football. He plays beer pong and wears Harley Davidson clothes. In my experience, the dirtbags who wear Harley Clothes weren't known for their athletics because they had issues "belonging" to a team type of environment.
There's no doubt in my mind that I'm a better athlete than you.
Last edited by thejuggernaut on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

WTF wrote:I fucking hate the Jets, but Revis a beast. I don't think I remember a shut-down CB like him since Deion.
The difference between Deion and Revis right now is, teams actually throw at Revis. I believe he was 3rd in the league in passes defended. When Deion was out there, QB's didn't even bother to look over there.

They have a different style too. Deion would give the huge cushion because of that explosiveness he had to break on the ball. Whereas Revis just blankets the receiver.

He's obviously got to do it a little longer, but if he continues to do what he's doing against teams #1's, he could very well go down as the best ever. The numbers are just mind boggling as to what he's doing.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Sabu wrote:
WTF wrote:I fucking hate the Jets, but Revis a beast. I don't think I remember a shut-down CB like him since Deion.
The difference between Deion and Revis right now is, teams actually throw at Revis. I believe he was 3rd in the league in passes defended. When Deion was out there, QB's didn't even bother to look over there.

They have a different style too. Deion would give the huge cushion because of that explosiveness he had to break on the ball. Whereas Revis just blankets the receiver.

He's obviously got to do it a little longer, but if he continues to do what he's doing against teams #1's, he could very well go down as the best ever. The numbers are just mind boggling as to what he's doing.

That, and people really didn't want to put the ball in Deion's hands.