Most Underrated Boxer of All Time?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Most Underrated Boxer of All Time?

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Juggs thinks it's Buster Douglas which is ludicrous, to say the least.

We can talk about Oliver McCall.

1) Oliver McCall KO'ed Lennox Lewis in da face in 2 rounds. He dropped that overrated fool like a sack of potatoes.

2) He dropped future champion Oleg Maskaev in one round

3) Never been knocked to the canvas by anyone, including Lennox Lewis in their rematch

4) All of his losses were by decision except that bizarre rematch with Lewis where he had a nervous breakdown and quit.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Most Underrated Boxer of All Time?

Post by thejuggernaut »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:Juggs thinks it's Buster Douglas which is ludicrous, to say the least.
What's ludicrous is I said no such thing.

Please provide us with a link where I said that.

I can agree on McCall.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

And for the record, I don't believe the nervous breakdown angle for one second.

He was told to take a dive to setup a trilogy and wouldn't do it. Immediately after the campaign to discredit him as a nut began.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote:

He was told to take a dive to setup a trilogy and wouldn't do it. Immediately after the campaign to discredit him as a nut began.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are not sane. You are like the sports version of the Mel Gibson character in Conspiracy Theory. Tell us, were the terrorists behind this failed trilogy or was it just Don King?

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

You are not sane. You are like the sports version of the Mel Gibson character in Conspiracy Theory. Tell us, were the terrorists behind this failed trilogy or was it just Don King?

I see.

So when you see boxers signed to trilogy contracts, you don't think there's anything suspicious about that ?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote: I see.

So when you see boxers signed to trilogy contracts, you don't think there's anything suspicious about that ?

Sure, if an actual trilogy contract existed. Please, do post it. I think the boxing world would really like to see that. I mean you do have proof to back up this statement, right?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Sure, if an actual trilogy contract existed. Please, do post it. I think the boxing world would really like to see that. I mean you do have proof to back up this statement, right?
So, are you going on the record as saying 3 fight contracts between two fighters do not exist, and never have ?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote:
So, are you going on the record as saying 3 fight contracts between two fighters do not exist, and never have ?

No, I'm going on record as saying that McCall and Lewis never had a 3 fight contract. You are. And you have failed to back up your claim. I have beaten you by Technical Knockout. Good thing I'm not just lazy, like Buster Douglas.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

thejuggernaut wrote:

No, I'm going on record as saying that McCall and Lewis never had a 3 fight contract. You are. And you have failed to back up your claim. I have beaten you by Technical Knockout. Good thing I'm not just lazy, like Buster Douglas.
I am sure you can provide a link where I said they had a 3 fight contract.

I'll be waiting for that. Perhaps you can find it in the same place where you claim I said Douglas is the most underrated fighter of all time.

Or maybe it's in the same place as the magical land where baseball players don't need endurance.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote: I am sure you can provide a link where I said they had a 3 fight contract.

:lol:
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

thejuggernaut wrote: I am sure you can provide a link where I said they had a 3 fight contract.

Exactly. LOL. It was never said by me.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote:

I think you said it somewhere on this thread. Help me find it.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

thejuggernaut wrote:

I think you said it somewhere on this thread. Help me find it.
If I said it, you should have no problem finding it.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote:And for the record, I don't believe the nervous breakdown angle for one second.

Is this it?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

thejuggernaut wrote:And for the record, I don't believe the nervous breakdown angle for one second.

Is this it?
I am sure in the land of baseball players not needing endurance, it is.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Okay, give me another chance....

Here it is!

The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

McCall might be the right answer but I think Marvelous Marvin Hagler is historically underrated because he didn't want to "play the game". He just wanted to fight and when his time was up, he left and didn't look back.
Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

The Cusack wrote:McCall might be the right answer but I think Marvelous Marvin Hagler is historically underrated because he didn't want to "play the game". He just wanted to fight and when his time was up, he left and didn't look back.
Another good call.

And a guy who got screwed because of Leonard's round stealing and popularity.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

I'm gonna go with one that most would say is overrated, and that is Evander. I think between being a bulked up cruiserweight and the heart issue, we missed a lot of his career. Had Evander fought Lewis 5 years earlier, he IMHO would have won the dual. As it is, Evander has done e/t he can post Lewis to tarnish his career.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Mike Tyson :)
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

"Smokin" Bert Cooper was an underrated dude in the heavyweight division for a guy his size.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Vittles
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I don't think anyone who has followed boxing at all ever would underrate Hagler. I've never read a word from the boxing press that would underrate his boxing skills.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

ParaDime77 wrote:"Smokin" Bert Cooper was an underrated dude in the heavyweight division for a guy his size.
Oh come on...he never beat ANYBODY of note. He was a fat cruiserweight who gave Evander Holyfield a decent fight and never beat anybody I've ever heard of...that's not exactly "underrated" material.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Crazy Levi wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:"Smokin" Bert Cooper was an underrated dude in the heavyweight division for a guy his size.
Oh come on...he never beat ANYBODY of note. He was a fat cruiserweight who gave Evander Holyfield a decent fight and never beat anybody I've ever heard of...that's not exactly "underrated" material.

Yeah Bert Cooper was a clusterfuck. Spider Rico from the first Rocky movie could have beaten that guy.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

What about Tim Witherspoon, guys?

I'd like to say Frank Bruno, but the fucker never beat anyone any good.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

MickeyG wrote:What about Tim Witherspoon, guys?

I'd like to say Frank Bruno, but the fucker never beat anyone any good.
Bruno had massive potential. He looked scared shitless in the Tyson fights. It was over before it started.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

He did rock Tyson with a hook in that first fight, but then got owned.

He never had the killer instinct, old Frank.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

MickeyG wrote:He did rock Tyson with a hook in that first fight, but then got owned.

He never had the killer instinct, old Frank.
Always loved his accent.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Tony Tucker. Broke his hand in his fight with Tyson.

And Hagler lost to Leonard because he let Leonard dictate the fight. Did he "steal" some rounds? Sure. But Marvin gave away the first four rounds by half-assing his way around the ring chasing Leonard and looking foolish.