Jim Rome

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Jim Rome

Post by ParaDime77 »

Like or Dislike?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Jim Rome

Post by JakeYonkel »

Ginormous douchebag.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I can't fathom how he still has a show on ESPN. I can see the radio gig, but the guy brings nothing to the table tv wise. "Talking Smack" is so passe now.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Jim Everett should have dropped him on his head.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

JakeYonkel wrote:Jim Everett should have dropped him on his head.
That was the lamest "fight" ever.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

TV shows blows, but I like the radio show.Rome can be pretty goddam funny....Although I have to say that after listening for about a decade, the whole Jungle lingo, buzzwords, and delivery style of Rome is wearing on me...I find myself changing the station alot more than I used to.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:TV shows blows, but I like the radio show.Rome can be pretty goddam funny....Although I have to say that after listening for about a decade, the whole Jungle lingo, buzzwords, and delivery style of Rome is wearing on me...I find myself changing the station alot more than I used to.
yeah, he tries WAY too hard to be hip with the forced lingo. I find guys like Dan Patrick much more entertaining because they KNOW that they're geeky middle aged white guys.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Agreed. I used think the guy was unique with all the Jungle lingo, but after listening to him the past few weeks again, the schtick has gotten old.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:TV shows blows, but I like the radio show.Rome can be pretty goddam funny....Although I have to say that after listening for about a decade, the whole Jungle lingo, buzzwords, and delivery style of Rome is wearing on me...I find myself changing the station alot more than I used to.
yeah, he tries WAY too hard to be hip with the forced lingo. I find guys like Dan Patrick much more entertaining because they KNOW that they're geeky middle aged white guys.
Gotta agree on Dan Patrick...Dan and the Danettes are a great mix, reaally funny, self depracating, and they dont try to hard...BY FAR my favorite sports talk show..
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I like Colin Cowherd.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I could only take 10 mins at a time when I listened to him & now won't turn the dial to him. I always pictured him looking in a mirror at himself while doing the show.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

My Rome impersonation:

"Just had a great interview with Joe Blow. Joe Blow said he's ready for the playoffs. (pause) The playoffs are here and Joe says he's ready for them. (pause) Joe is ready...for the playoffs.

"Great interview with Joe."
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

JakeYonkel wrote:I like Colin Cowherd.
VERY close race with Rome for who I like less.
Another guy who's even more annoying on TV than radio.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Lardbucket wrote:
The should have kept 'herd on the radio, dude looks too much like Jonathan Cain for my taste.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Lardbucket wrote:
Cowherd is one of my least favorite sports personalities, no matter what media he's in. I don't like Rome, but I'll take him all day over Cowherd.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Shinerrox
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Shinerrox »

I used to be a HUGE Jim Rome nutswinger in the late 90's early 00's. I went to several of his "tour" stops, had some Jungle swag and whatnot..
I forgot that he was still on the radio until a few weeks ago. I gave a listen and it's still a lot of the same shtick.. While it's not what it used to be, I'll give him a listen if I'm out and about...
Cowherd on the other hand is a COLOSSAL DOUCHE!
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I don't watch ESPN and therefore don't see any of these guys on TV. This is just what I happen to catch on ESPN Radio from time to time.

Cowherd can be funny but talks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much about college sports and I wind up changing it within 30 seconds, generally.

Rome talks about more interesting stuff but he seems like a d-bag.
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

Rome's shtick doesn't bother me, I half listen to his TV show sometimes. I like Cowherd because he makes thought out points and football is usually his main topic even in the off season. He's repetitive though. During football season I'm more of a Mike and Mike listener.
NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

I still listen daily, but it was better when Travis Rodgers was producing it. Kyle Brandt just isn't as good in that role.

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

I dont like Rome but I like his TV show...I havent heard him on radio in 10 years but when I did I hated him on radio
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:Jim Everett should have dropped him on his head.
That was the lamest "fight" ever.
still, it was hilarious
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: "Talking Smack" is so passe now.
no...talkin smack is always welcome...problem is, he doesn't do it enough, and when he does, it's nothing that anyone else doesn't do...just the same go with the flow, "what's acceptable at the moment" shit...

even I could have a show and blast Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, and Rafael Palmeiro, or whoever else the media is riding at the moment...ooohhh, how original
Stoner wrote:
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

whammybar wrote:Rome's shtick doesn't bother me, I half listen to his TV show sometimes. I like Cowherd because he makes thought out points and football is usually his main topic even in the off season. He's repetitive though. During football season I'm more of a Mike and Mike listener.

I'm getting to like M&M more, the rare times I tune in

while not hard-edged, they are honest, free-thinking, with no ulterior agendas, and they come up with original stuff, factoids, etc.
Stoner wrote:
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

does jim still have his obsession about how bad and unamerican 'soccer' is?
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Dude is extremely obnoxious.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:My Rome impersonation:

"Just had a great interview with Joe Blow. Joe Blow said he's ready for the playoffs. (pause) The playoffs are here and Joe says he's ready for them. (pause) Joe is ready...for the playoffs.

"Great interview with Joe."
That's a fucking money quote.

I hate Rome. First time I heard him, I asked a co-worker who was listening to him "how does this guy not get the shit kicked out of him?" He reminds me of the weak kid that would hide behind their older brother, mom, or teacher and talk shit.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

I stopped listening after hearing the Merkur story for the 10th time, and the fact that he's a hypocritical kiss-ass.

He slammed the X-Games and guys like Tony Hawk for years. Then when Hawk finally comes on his show, he couldn't get on his knees and swallow fast enough. He's done it with other athletes as well.

I will give him props for the "batteries and cough drops as Halloween candy" idea, though.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Heenan Snuka wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: "Talking Smack" is so passe now.
no...talkin smack is always welcome...problem is, he doesn't do it enough, and when he does, it's nothing that anyone else doesn't do...just the same go with the flow, "what's acceptable at the moment" shit...

even I could have a show and blast Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, and Rafael Palmeiro, or whoever else the media is riding at the moment...ooohhh, how original
That's what I meant, the way he does it. It may have been edgy in 1995 or whenever he had his show on ESPN 2, but the rest of the world has caught up with his shtick.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

He's a cunt and a pussy...
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

He was dropped here at the beginning of the year and replaced by a local sports show. I like the local show but Rome was entertaining at times.