NFL draft, your favorite team (s)

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Re: NFL draft, your favorite team (s)

Post by Angry Jew »

The Buffalo Bills should trade their first round pick (#9) for Big Ben. He is better than anyone they could possibly draft at that position. Well,I should say he is better than whoever The Bills WILL draft at #9. Big Ben and Lynch on the same team! After that let's see how many more potential criminals we can get on this team.
I'm sure Buffalo will be moving in a few years anyway and knowing our luck they will win the SuperBowl within a few years of moving to their new city.
Where's Izzy?
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Some of these "experts" are now saying Clausen could fall to Minnesota 2 30. This would be a dream come true for me.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

So far:
Bradford
Suh
McCoy
Williams

No surprises.
thewonkytits
Headlining Clubs

Post by thewonkytits »

Miami Dolphins need to get Malcolm Jenkins. They have really got to build their defense.

GO DOLPHINS!
bobbystoney
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by bobbystoney »

Bengals on the clock with Dez Bryant still there.

*crosses fingers*
bobbystoney
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by bobbystoney »

damn

:(

Gresham's good but with Dez still on board :cry:
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Kindle was there for the taking at #22 and NE traded down to pick up a 4th round pick. I hope GB doesn't grab him and he's there at #24.
doghead2009
Opening for Slaughter

Post by doghead2009 »

FUCKIN A!! DEZ BRYANT A DALLAS COWBOY!!!
bobbystoney
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by bobbystoney »

Hey Tawny, how you feel about Tebow?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I think Denver screwed up trading up to get Tebow. He would have been there in the 2nd round.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The Patriots just blew it big time. Kindle was there for the taking and they took McCourty - a CB. If they had any semblance of a pass rush their corners wouldn't have had as many issues.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

bobbystoney wrote:Hey Tawny, how you feel about Tebow?
My first thought was :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I always thought he looked good in orange and blue. :) I think this is a good thing, he has that locker room leadership the Broncos sooo need.

Soooo now we have Tebow, Quinn, Orton, and Brandstater...fuck, is it Training Camp yet?! This is gonna be FUN!
Fuck sigs.
thewonkytits
Headlining Clubs

Post by thewonkytits »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:
bobbystoney wrote:Hey Tawny, how you feel about Tebow?
My first thought was :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I always thought he looked good in orange and blue. :) I think this is a good thing, he has that locker room leadership the Broncos sooo need.

Soooo now we have Tebow, Quinn, Orton, and Brandstater...fuck, is it Training Camp yet?! This is gonna be FUN!
I think TVJ is a nut :)
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tebow is gonna be a flop.

Stupid, stupid trade by the Broncos.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Soooo now we have Tebow, Quinn, Orton, and Brandstater...fuck, is it Training Camp yet?! This is gonna be FUN!

Tebow will fit right in! And Denver passing up on Dez for Demaryius? I wouldn't have.

Raiders - LB Rolando McClain = not happy.

Jets - Drafting CB Kyle Wilson makes me wanna draft the Jets D next year.

Jaguars - DE Tyson Alualu? FAIL!

Will be curious to see who makes the probowl first, Suh or Gerald McCoy.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thousandcasts
Headlining Clubs

Post by thousandcasts »

I'm happy...Lions got Suh and J.Best. Two playmakers at positions of need.

If you're a St. Louis fan, you have to be sick. I mean, they have the first pick in the 2nd round tonight and Clausen is sitting there. Ok, you got Bradford, but how does it feel to know that you could've gotten Suh AND Clausen instead. Priceless.

Go Lions!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Tebow is gonna be a flop.

Stupid, stupid trade by the Broncos.

Broncos made a HUGE reach with tebow.
I'm shocked!
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

thousandcasts wrote:I'm happy...Lions got Suh and J.Best. Two playmakers at positions of need.

If you're a St. Louis fan, you have to be sick. I mean, they have the first pick in the 2nd round tonight and Clausen is sitting there. Ok, you got Bradford, but how does it feel to know that you could've gotten Suh AND Clausen instead. Priceless.

Go Lions!
There must have been some rumblings that someone else was interested in Best for Detroit to trade up. Nobody in front of them really needed a back. CB/LB/OL need to be addressed next.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Nobody in front of them really needed a back.

A lot of people ahd the Vikes picking a rb since Chester taylor is gone.

Maybe they still get Clausen today.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Must not have needed one too bad to trade out of the spot with a division rival. I hope you get Jimmy, another reason to hate the Vikes.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Redman77 wrote:Must not have needed one too bad to trade out of the spot with a division rival. I hope you get Jimmy, another reason to hate the Vikes.
Oh no, i don't think they were going to pick a rb, but many of the "experts" had them picking one. I know they like Albert Young.

I'm sure you hate the Vikes since you never beat them. hell, you never beat any north teams. Wait, you never beat any teams.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Touche.

Fag.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Hey man, look on the bright side.

You're not a bandwagon jumper.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

thewonkytits wrote: I think TVJ is a nut :)
But you love me! :D

Looking forward to proving the naysayers wrong. At least I hope so. They won't start him right away, but they will use him in some plays, he has a lot to learn, and they want to do this the right way. He's wanting to get to work NOW. He's a proven winner, and he's willing to do anything he can to help his team win, including changing the mechanics on the way he throws. Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Ratty, I think the Thomas pick was the better one. Dez is a stud, but he's a Marshall clone. Thomas is a Marshall clone minus the drama. :) He's a perfect fit for Dallas.
Fuck sigs.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

thousandcasts wrote:I'm happy...Lions got Suh and J.Best. Two playmakers at positions of need.

If I was the Ram's I'd grab Clausen and fuck everyone off.

One of those fuckers is gonna be a stud and if both turn out then trade the other for a first rounder or a proven player. Either way you cement a franchise QB and get what you need eventually, Great QB's don't grow on tree's.....What's the QB of the future worth? More then a 1st and a 2nd.

In a perfect world.....The 2 rookie QB's would push each other to be the best while splitting the stress/weight and when they both prove they've got game you could name your price. How many teams "Raiders" sink the franchise into one drafted rookie QB who don't pan out and it sets back the organization at least 2 years? Ryan Leaf? Jeff George? Vinny Testicalverdie? Art Schlichter? The list goes on forever.

I may be nuts but I'm dead serious.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

One of those fuckers is gonna be a stud and if both turn out then trade the other for a first rounder or a proven player. Either way you cement a franchise QB and get what you need eventually, Great QB's don't grow on tree's.....What's the QB of the future worth? More then a 1st and a 2nd.

In a perfect world.....The 2 rookie QB's would push each other to be the best while splitting the stress/weight and when they both prove they've got game you could name your price. How many teams "Raiders" sink the franchise into one drafted rookie QB who don't pan out and it sets back the organization at least 2 years? Ryan Leaf? Jeff George? Vinny Testicalverdie? Art Schlichter? The list goes on forever.

The rams were foolish to take bradford. Imagine all the money that will be tied to him for the next several years.
There is no guarantee bradford will be any good.
Best choice these days, especially the last 10 yrs is to trade that #1 for several picks later in the draft.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

UtahRatt wrote:

A team can't bring in two high draft pick QB's and have them fight it out because they can't properly develop 2 at one time. That's a lot of money tied up for 2 players in which there is only one slot. The best way to develop a QB is to have a decent veteran QB there to mentor the rookie while the kid learns the ropes and the offense for a season or two and then the team hands the reigns over to him to see what he can do.

In your scenario they end up either not fully developing one of them or developing one and letting the other rot on the bench, in which case that 2nd QB has minimal value. Want to bring in a #1 pick as the heir apparent and then pick up another QB in the 5th or 6th round to be a long-term project and career back-up, then fine. But to waste 2 of the top 33 pick on QB's is stupid.

Besides, Clausen is most likely going to be a bust anyway.
Mutley Brew
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Mutley Brew »

Rams with the first pick in the second round with no less than twelve offers. I hope they can get a real sweat deal.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Well I'm happy with what the Skins have done but as for the Chargers...that kid better be the second coming of LT for what they gave up.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

We'll see about that two QB thing Carolina Panthers
took Jimmy Clausen & Tony Pike...
i think Pike will be the better QB in this years draft if he gets to play...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.