Reggie Miller- Greatest Shooter of ALL TIME

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

The best:

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Reggie Miller- Greatest Shooter of ALL TIME

Post by killeverything »

Ummmmm no.

This guy is.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

killeverything wrote:Ummmmm no.

This guy is.

Bird was good, but Reggie was better, as a shooter that is.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Reggie is also the greatest clutch player of all time.

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I think Pete Maravich would have something to say about it.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I think Pete Maravich would have something to say about it.
Yeah, Micheal Jordan might have something to say about the "greatest clutch player" too.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Reggie failed when it counted the most. His only chance for a ring against the Lakers, I was there when LA took out the Pacers for the series win

ESPN best clutch ever

5. Reggie
4.West
3.Kobe
2.Jordan
1. Bird

Reggie is lucky to be that high

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3630 ... ver#page/7
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

If your team is down by 1 point with a couple seconds left on the clock and you have Bird, Jordan, and Miller in the huddle, you would no way in hell set up a play for Miller. If there was 10-12 seconds left and time for a player to make his own play then you give the ball to Jordan and let him go to the hoop. But if there is just enough time to get the ball and take a shot you have to go with Bird.

Opponents knew Bird was going to take the last shot, and Larry would often tell them exactly how he was going to make the shot, and then he would do it:
On a West Coast trip in 1986, Bird told the entire Dallas Mavericks bench that after the time out, Ainge would inbounds the pass to DJ, who would hit Bird in the corner where Bird would step back and take a three. "So you got that?" Bird queried the bench. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you here will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." And that's exactly what happened. Bird winked at the Maverick before heading back down to the other end of the court.
"I started talking a little trash to him," Horace Grant recalled, when the Celtics were the defending champions. "I'm saying, 'You're not going to score. You're not getting this basket. I remember him then telling me exactly what he was going to do to me. He says he's going to fake me left and then he's going to shoot a right-hand hook over me. And then he goes and does it and scores."

We'll let K.C. Jones tell what it was like:

"We are playing in Seattle. Five seconds left on the clock and the score is tied and it is our timeout. In the huddle, I am thinking Xavier McDaniel is guarding Larry.

"So I said, 'Now Kevin, you take the ball out and get it to Dennis and Dennis you can finish that.'

"Larry said, 'Why don’t you just give me the ball and tell everybody else to get the hell out of the way?'

"So I said, 'Larry you play, and I’ll coach.'

"And he said, 'All right.'

"So I said, 'Dennis, you take it out and you get it to Kevin. Kevin you get it to Larry and everybody else get the hell out of the way.'

"That is communication. Before the timeout was over, he leaves the huddle, and I said to myself, where is he going.

"And Xavier was right there and Bird said, 'Xavier, I’m getting the ball. I’m going to take two dribbles to the left. I’m going to step back behind the three point line and stick it.'

"And that is what he did. So when he stepped back behind the line and released the ball, as soon as he released it, his arm was still in the air going to the dressing room. Game over."

Not only was Larry Bird a better pure shooter and clutch shooter than Miller, he also made everyone else on the floor a better player. How many rings do each of them have? Yeah, not even close. Bird > Miller
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

I'll be a bastard and say that Ray Allen is the best shooter of all time.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:If your team is down by 1 point with a couple seconds left on the clock and you have Bird, Jordan, and Miller in the huddle, you would no way in hell set up a play for Miller. If there was 10-12 seconds left and time for a player to make his own play then you give the ball to Jordan and let him go to the hoop. But if there is just enough time to get the ball and take a shot you have to go with Bird.

Opponents knew Bird was going to take the last shot, and Larry would often tell them exactly how he was going to make the shot, and then he would do it:
On a West Coast trip in 1986, Bird told the entire Dallas Mavericks bench that after the time out, Ainge would inbounds the pass to DJ, who would hit Bird in the corner where Bird would step back and take a three. "So you got that?" Bird queried the bench. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you here will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." And that's exactly what happened. Bird winked at the Maverick before heading back down to the other end of the court.
"I started talking a little trash to him," Horace Grant recalled, when the Celtics were the defending champions. "I'm saying, 'You're not going to score. You're not getting this basket. I remember him then telling me exactly what he was going to do to me. He says he's going to fake me left and then he's going to shoot a right-hand hook over me. And then he goes and does it and scores."

We'll let K.C. Jones tell what it was like:

"We are playing in Seattle. Five seconds left on the clock and the score is tied and it is our timeout. In the huddle, I am thinking Xavier McDaniel is guarding Larry.

"So I said, 'Now Kevin, you take the ball out and get it to Dennis and Dennis you can finish that.'

"Larry said, 'Why don’t you just give me the ball and tell everybody else to get the hell out of the way?'

"So I said, 'Larry you play, and I’ll coach.'

"And he said, 'All right.'

"So I said, 'Dennis, you take it out and you get it to Kevin. Kevin you get it to Larry and everybody else get the hell out of the way.'

"That is communication. Before the timeout was over, he leaves the huddle, and I said to myself, where is he going.

"And Xavier was right there and Bird said, 'Xavier, I’m getting the ball. I’m going to take two dribbles to the left. I’m going to step back behind the three point line and stick it.'

"And that is what he did. So when he stepped back behind the line and released the ball, as soon as he released it, his arm was still in the air going to the dressing room. Game over."

Not only was Larry Bird a better pure shooter and clutch shooter than Miller, he also made everyone else on the floor a better player. How many rings do each of them have? Yeah, not even close. Bird > Miller
Bird and MJ were both better players than Reggie. That's undebatable. But Reggie was the better shooter, and I'd argue that he was the better clutch shooter as well. With little time on the clock and a 3 pointer needed, there's no one I'd give the ball to over Reggie. With more time on the clock and only a 2 pointer needed, I'd give it to MJ.

Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

You'd give the "ball" to Bret.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
ac/dc sucks
Headlining Clubs

Post by ac/dc sucks »

Brian Winters
Freddie "Downtown" Brown
Dale Ellis
World B Free

a few lesser known guys.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Redman77 wrote:You'd give the "ball" to Bret.
:lol: :lol:
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

poizond13 wrote:Reggie is also the greatest clutch player of all time.
No championships. You fail.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

poizond13 wrote:Reggie is also the greatest clutch player of all time.
Agreed. Look at all those rings.

Reggie had great clutch moments. Havlicek, Russell and Jordan are the greatest clutch players of all time.

Jordan never lost a game seven for fucks sake.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Reggie is not even the best b-ball player in his family!!!
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
justinjc7
Headlining Clubs

Post by justinjc7 »

This guy is.

THIS

Reggie Miller was great and all but was never a better shooter or clutch player than Larry Legend
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

justinjc7 wrote:

This guy is.

THIS

Reggie Miller was great and all but was never a better shooter or clutch player than Larry Legend
Reggie made more 3s and probably had more game winning shots.

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Reggie made more 3s because he played until he was almost 40 whereas Bird's career ended early due to his back troubles. I'm hardly a basketball fan and I know this.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

This is funny:
Reggie Miller recalled his encounter with Larry Bird's legendary trash talking ability in his book "I Love Being The Enemy". Reggie tried to disrupt Larry's concentration when he was shooting free throws late in a game. Larry glared at him, made the first free throw and said, "Rook, I am the best fucking shooter in the league. In the league, understand? And you're up here trying to fucking tell me something?" Then Larry buried the second free throw.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
justinjc7 wrote:

This guy is.

THIS

Too bad they didn't happen when it matter most.

Bird had more field goals. A better percentage. He was also a vastly superior rebounder, distributor and defender.

Then there's the matter of how many rings each guy has.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:This is funny:
Reggie Miller recalled his encounter with Larry Bird's legendary trash talking ability in his book "I Love Being The Enemy". Reggie tried to disrupt Larry's concentration when he was shooting free throws late in a game. Larry glared at him, made the first free throw and said, "Rook, I am the best fucking shooter in the league. In the league, understand? And you're up here trying to fucking tell me something?" Then Larry buried the second free throw.
Funny, that exchange bears a striking resemblance to P13s attempts to talk smack around here.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

poizond13 wrote:
justinjc7 wrote:

This guy is.

THIS

Adults are talking and don't use probably when arguing sports.

$tevil
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

The greatest is Wilt Chamberlain. None of those other douches mentioned played for Kansas.
ImageImageImage
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Reggie thinks it's KOBE... and said so on TNT NBA post game.

poizond13

Ya fucking stupid asshole
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

JakeYonkel wrote:This is funny:
My favorite

The NBA introduced the 3-Point Shootout competition during the 1986 All-Star Weekend and for the first two years of the competition, Bird was dominant. He proved himself to be the best long-distance shooter in the league – this much was clear.

Before the shootout began Bird walked around the locker room and posed the most cocky of questions: "Who's finishing second?"

$tevil
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Reggie is my favorite NBA player of all time, and my co favorite athlete of all time with Peyton Manning, but he might fall a bit short of the greatest shooter of all time. Def. top 5 and def top 5 in most clutch. As far as Jordan goes....Reggie was one Rik Smits jump ball from de-throning Jordan in the Eastern Conference Finals and the Championship would have been a walk.

I highly highly Recommend "I Love Being The Enemy" as a read for any basketball fan. Great Inside stuff there, and I have read it several times....it never gets boring.
ImageImage
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:

Reggie thinks it's KOBE... and said so on TNT NBA post game.

poizond13

Ya fucking stupid asshole

Remember when Reggie whooped Kobe's ass at the end of a game???? That was sweet.
ImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

REMEMBER WHEN KOBE AND THE LAKERS DESTROYED INDIANA? THAT WAS AWESOME.

LMFAO @ BRET'S SEX TOY.

POSIONED12, KUDOS ON THE ATTEMPT TO DISCUSS ABOUT A MANLY SPORT, BUT YOU'RE DEFINITELY OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT HERE - THAT IS, BRET'S SPERM TASTE, THE MEASURE OF HIS DICK, HOW MANY TIMES HE EJACULATES A WEEK, HOW MANY BUTTCHEEK HAIRS HE HAS, ETCETC.

GO BACK TO SAFE WATERS.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

makaveli wrote:Reggie is my favorite NBA player of all time, and my co favorite athlete of all time with Peyton Manning, but he might fall a bit short of the greatest shooter of all time. Def. top 5 and def top 5 in most clutch. As far as Jordan goes....Reggie was one Rik Smits jump ball from de-throning Jordan in the Eastern Conference Finals and the Championship would have been a walk.
The 98 Finals were anything but a walk. I doubt it would have been any easier for Indiana than it was for Chicago. Reggie pushed off in game 6 by the way. I know Jordan did it two weeks later in Utah, I'm just saying.

That said, of all the basketball enemies I've accumulated, Reggie is by FAR my favorite. He was literally that polarizing guy that you loved if he was on your team and LOVED to hate if you wore the opposing jersey. Every playoff game that had Reggie was must watch as you didn't want to miss something special happen much like you had to watch the Celtics, Bulls and Showtime.

His defense on the other hand left a lot to be desired, but they had the three fuckers clogging the middle in Smits and the Davises. As a Bulls fan the only thing that came close was my loathing of the Pistons.

$tevil