Adam Morrison - Contribution to Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Adam Morrison - Contribution to Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals!

Post by grishnak boss »

Adam Morrison - Contribution in 2010 NBA Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f11JJKEskKw

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
grishnak boss

Re: Adam Morrison - Contribution to Lakers in 2010 NBA Final

Post by grishnak boss »

HE HAS 1 MORE RING THAN LEBRONZE JAMES, KARL MALONE, JOHN STOCKTON OR CHARLES BARKLEY :lol: :lol: :lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
RicheyJamesEdwards
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by RicheyJamesEdwards »

grishnak boss wrote:Adam Morrison - Contribution in 2010 NBA Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f11JJKEskKw

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Freaking Hillarious. :lol:

Too bad he didn't do this when they won...
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Jeff Lamp= 1 ring!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

grishnak boss wrote:HE HAS 1 MORE RING THAN LEBRONZE JAMES, KARL MALONE, JOHN STOCKTON OR CHARLES BARKLEY :lol: :lol: :lol:
Two more rings...
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Whoa! I remember that dude when he played in college. Didn't know he was on the Lakers' roster. Weird. He was a fan fucking tastic college player. I remember he was diabetic and would shoot insulin during games and shit.
ImageImageImage
doghead2009
Opening for Slaughter

Post by doghead2009 »

wasn't this guy a high draft pick like top 3 in the NBA Draft?? now this guy can't even suit up on the bench... BUST!!
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

He blew the fuck out of his knee his 2nd year in the league, not to mention Larry Brown exposed him for being soft and a sub par player.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

ParaDime77 wrote:He blew the fuck out of his knee his 2nd year in the league, not to mention Larry Brown exposed him for being soft and a sub par player.
I'm not sticking up for the guy because on court with the Lakers he didnt look comfortable at all, but as this post says, he had major, and I mean MAJOR knee surgery that takes a couple of years to get somewhat back to normal. Unfortunately for him he was on the greatest team in the league that cannot afford to wait for a player of his caliber to comeback.
It will be interesting to see what team picks him up. Its hard to believe that he made 5 million last year. If a team gives him the league minimum, I would be very surprised.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Wizards waive Adam Morrison, Sean Marks

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former lottery pick Adam Morrison has been waived by the Washington Wizards, less than a month after signing with the team.

The Wizards also have waived center Sean Marks, and Thursday's moves allow the team to cut its roster to 15 players.

Morrison averaged five points and two rebounds in five preseason games with Washington. He was drafted with the No. 3 overall pick by the Charlotte Bobcats in 2006 after starring in college at Gonzaga.

The 6-foot-8 forward has played in four NBA seasons, two with Charlotte and two with the Los Angeles Lakers, with career averages of 7.5 points and 2.1 rebounds.

Marks has played for five teams since entering the league in 1998. He didn't appear in any games for the Wizards this preseason.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1416 ... te_Bobcats
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

yeahbuddy wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:He blew the fuck out of his knee his 2nd year in the league, not to mention Larry Brown exposed him for being soft and a sub par player.
I'm not sticking up for the guy because on court with the Lakers he didnt look comfortable at all, but as this post says, he had major, and I mean MAJOR knee surgery that takes a couple of years to get somewhat back to normal. Unfortunately for him he was on the greatest team in the league that cannot afford to wait for a player of his caliber to comeback.
It will be interesting to see what team picks him up. Its hard to believe that he made 5 million last year. If a team gives him the league minimum, I would be very surprised.
What's pathetic is that he was one of the top 5 or so highest paid on Lakers. The knee injury excuse can only be played so long. He looked so uncomfortable anytime he played.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

The strange case of Adam Morrison

I think there are way too many people these days who take satisfaction in others' troubles. I find that a little sick. But I do think there are lessons in why certain people fail, and certainly so in the case of Adam Morrison.

Morrison was waived by the Washington Wizards this week. That followed several years when his presence on the Los Angeles Lakers was due only to a sizeable guarantee.

Obviously the Bobcats made the original mistake of drafting him third overall, when Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay were still available. But to me, the turning point for Morrison happened after his rookie season and after he'd recovered from his knee injury.

It was that half-season playing for Larry Brown, when he seemed so scared to shoot. He was so hyper-conscious of the town's expectations that he played dramatically worse at home than on the road (not that he was playing well on the road). One night Brown put him in a game, and every time the ball hit Morrison's hands, he'd immediately pass it, like it was made of Plutonium.

After that game, Brown posed this question: How could he play Morrison -- a guy whose only real skill was as a scorer -- if he refused to shoot? Sometime around then, Brown asked Morrison how he couldn't have grasped the attention that being the No. 3 overall pick entails. Basically, Morrison wanted to collect that huge salary and never experience the expectations that went with it.

So then he goes to the Lakers in a trade and hardly ever plays. Granted, Phil Jackson had a lot of options at small forward, but wouldn't you think if Morrison was an NBA player, at least one of two Hall of Fame coaches would have figured out how to use him?

And then Morrison shows up in Washington, on an unguaranteed deal with a team needing a makeover, and gets cut before the regular season.

Adam just doesn't have the emotional makeup for this. He didn't compete and he didn't do nearly enough to work on his weaknesses. He's lucky he made a bunch of money before all that was confirmed, but his was one of the odder careers I've covered in the NBA.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... rison.html
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
The strange case of Adam Morrison

I think there are way too many people these days who take satisfaction in others' troubles. I find that a little sick. But I do think there are lessons in why certain people fail, and certainly so in the case of Adam Morrison.

Morrison was waived by the Washington Wizards this week. That followed several years when his presence on the Los Angeles Lakers was due only to a sizeable guarantee.

Obviously the Bobcats made the original mistake of drafting him third overall, when Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay were still available. But to me, the turning point for Morrison happened after his rookie season and after he'd recovered from his knee injury.

It was that half-season playing for Larry Brown, when he seemed so scared to shoot. He was so hyper-conscious of the town's expectations that he played dramatically worse at home than on the road (not that he was playing well on the road). One night Brown put him in a game, and every time the ball hit Morrison's hands, he'd immediately pass it, like it was made of Plutonium.

After that game, Brown posed this question: How could he play Morrison -- a guy whose only real skill was as a scorer -- if he refused to shoot? Sometime around then, Brown asked Morrison how he couldn't have grasped the attention that being the No. 3 overall pick entails. Basically, Morrison wanted to collect that huge salary and never experience the expectations that went with it.

So then he goes to the Lakers in a trade and hardly ever plays. Granted, Phil Jackson had a lot of options at small forward, but wouldn't you think if Morrison was an NBA player, at least one of two Hall of Fame coaches would have figured out how to use him?

And then Morrison shows up in Washington, on an unguaranteed deal with a team needing a makeover, and gets cut before the regular season.

Adam just doesn't have the emotional makeup for this. He didn't compete and he didn't do nearly enough to work on his weaknesses. He's lucky he made a bunch of money before all that was confirmed, but his was one of the odder careers I've covered in the NBA.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... rison.html
Yup, pretty much.
What's funny is he came to the Lakers only because the Lakers wanted to get out of the Vlad Rad contract (hated that guy). Shannon Brown was just a throw in, but definite keeper. My guess is Mitch Kupchak knew Shannon Brown was going to work in the Lakers system. Same as Trevor Ariza. Ariza was stupid to try and play hardball with the Lakers when it came to a new contract. Now Ariza goes back to being what he was before the Lakers,,, a journeyman small forward. I wonder when New Orleans is going to trade him?
Kupchak is very underrated as a GM, but I think he likes it that way.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Good Adam Morrison article.
ImageImageImage
GutterCreep
Headlining Clubs

Post by GutterCreep »

First Ryan Leaf and now Adam Morrison. We Montanans are so very proud. :D