Jack Tatum = Dead. Good Riddance!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Jack Tatum = Dead. Good Riddance!

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The lowlife piece of shit finally croaked. Good fuckin' riddance you scumbag. I hope you were in agony at the end, and I hope Darryl Stingley kicks your ass before they condemn you to hell.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Jack Tatum = Dead. Good Riddance!

Post by chungasrevenge »

WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

You really think that hit was dirty? Come on.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:You really think that hit was dirty? Come on.

Amen to that.

Tatum was a hard hitting defensive back, but was the tackle meant to injure the wide receiver? I don't think so.

What happened was a tragic accident that nobody wanted to see.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Jesus H. Christ, you wouldn't wanna say that here in Columbus. A Buckeye died, the whole city is shutdown. I'm serious. :roll:

That said, and my loathing of Buckeye over saturation aside, Machado is right.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:You really think that hit was dirty? Come on.

Amen to that.

Tatum was a hard hitting defensive back, but was the tackle meant to injure the wide receiver? I don't think so.

What happened was a tragic accident that nobody wanted to see.

Fucking seriously, might as well blame the fucking turff for Bill Gramatica's ACL while you're at it.

Tatum was a tough mother fucker on the field in a day when they still played full contact football.

RIP
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tatum admitted that he meant to hurt Stingley. It was a cheap shot in a meaningless preseason game. The hit came after Stingley went up for a pass over the middle and had already dropped the ball and then landed and Tatum loaded up on him blindsided. If you watch the video there is no way you can say it wasn't a dirty hit. It's about 14 seconds in on this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz07Fxhk0sg

And regardless of his intention he never apologized or attempted to visit Stingley. Shouldn't have been too tough to do since Stingley was hospitalized in Oakland. Madden went straight to the hospital after the game, and plenty of Oakland players including Upshaw went to visit him. But Tatum the dirtbag only reached out to Stingley when he was trying to publicize his book and Stingley's family rightfully told him to go fuck himself.

So yeah, good riddance to a complete fucking scumbag.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

You're such a dripping vagina, Lickety. Tatum repeatedly tried to apologize to Stingley but was not allowed to. And in 1978, Tatum played the game the way he was paid to play, the way he was expected to. It's a tragedy what happened to Stingley, but to condemn Tatum for eternity is retarded. You're a fucking homer and that's it. If Stingley had played for another team you wouldn't give a flying fuck about it and you'd still be pretending to be a bodybuilder and making jokes about women getting murdered.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Kings1967
Playing in a Garage

Post by Kings1967 »

SkyDog112046 wrote: It's about 14 seconds in on this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz07Fxhk0sg
The Patriot getting the forearm shiver at the 00:14 mark is wearing #18. Stingley was #84. There's more of that hit at 1:01 of this http://buzzytimes.com/jack-tatum-darryl ... d-raiders/ and shows #18 getting back up.

SkyDog112046 wrote: And regardless of his intention he never apologized or attempted to visit Stingley.
I've read both LATimes.com and SI.com say he did try to visit the hospital but was turned away from Stingley's family. Here's the LATimes piece: http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/ ... 5481.story

I can understand a person disliking Tatum and the Raiders for their 70's antics, and his unapologetic stance towards Stingley but that was a legal hit. Stingley's coach has even voiced it and there were no flags thrown on the play. As someone said it was a terrible accident.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Tatum admitted that he meant to hurt Stingley. It was a cheap shot in a meaningless preseason game. The hit came after Stingley went up for a pass over the middle and had already dropped the ball and then landed and Tatum loaded up on him blindsided. If you watch the video there is no way you can say it wasn't a dirty hit. It's about 14 seconds in on this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz07Fxhk0sg

And regardless of his intention he never apologized or attempted to visit Stingley. Shouldn't have been too tough to do since Stingley was hospitalized in Oakland. Madden went straight to the hospital after the game, and plenty of Oakland players including Upshaw went to visit him. But Tatum the dirtbag only reached out to Stingley when he was trying to publicize his book and Stingley's family rightfully told him to go fuck himself.

So yeah, good riddance to a complete fucking scumbag.

You're a moron.

The Stingley family rejected Tatum from visiting Stingley in the hospital.

It wasn't a cheap shot you dipshit, there wasn't even a flag thrown on the play. Tatum never apologized because he didn't do anything wrong so fuck you.

MANY football legends from the 70's have stated it wasn't a cheap shot. It was a freak play that happened. If I remember right even Steve Sabol has made the same comment.

If you've ever played competitive football, no game is meaningless, you hit at 100% on every play even in practice. If you don't, get off the fucking field.

70's football was a violent fucking sport, what do you expect? everyone played like an animal, are you too young to remember? That's the way the game was played! It was either Dick Butkus or Deacon Jones who said their intention was to put you on the sideline for the rest of the game, to strike fear and physically punish you!

Anyone have the Chappelle's Show DVD's and watched the extra footage where Charlie Murphy talked about Stingley running his mouth at a restaurant? Stingley was hating on Eddie Murphy and would not shut the fuck up so Charlie went over and said "if you don't shut the fuck up I'll flip that chair over and stomp your mother fucking mouth!" "Since that's the only thing you got working, you wanna lose that too?"

"When I see guys huddling up after the game, to pray, that's what scares me about the game. I'm a Baptist, but I'm also a quarterback killer, and I ain't praying with you. But I will give you 30 seconds to ask your Lord and master to keep me from killing you." -- Hall of Fame defensive end "Deacon" Jones on what aspect of the modern game most upsets him.
"With NO remorse in my heart I tried to put them in the hospital" David "Deacon" Jones
I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important - like a league game or something.
Dick Butkus
"If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."
Bo Jackson
I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault.
-Jack Tatum
Anyway Skydog, you should stick to watching golf. Football is clearly too much of a contact sport for you to handle.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

LOL

Yet Lickety is a huge Sox fan who loved Pedro throwing at people's heads.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:LOL

Totally!

I bet he likes Brett Farve too.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:LOL

Totally!

I bet he likes Brett Farve too.
He might even like playing dress up.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

It's Amazing the hypocrisy that spews from the crusty lips of certain Pats fans since Tatums death. Especially on Fox sports and Espn boards, all this talk of roasting in hell and "I'm glad he suffered and lost limbs to disease" and shit is really fucking classy. Nothing like wishing eternal pain on a guy who tragically and accidentally hurt another player, Yeah all those douches are the epitome of class.

when did lickety butter his fat ass up and squeeze back through the fucking door,? I didn't realize him and his baggy drawers were back.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

dtmfs wrote:It's Amazing the hypocrisy that spews from the crusty lips of certain Pats fans since Tatums death. Especially on Fox sports and Espn boards, all this talk of roasting in hell and "I'm glad he suffered and lost limbs to disease" and shit is really fucking classy. Nothing like wishing eternal pain on a guy who tragically and accidentally hurt another player, Yeah all those douches are the epitome of class.

when did lickety butter his fat ass up and squeeze back through the fucking door,? I didn't realize him and his baggy drawers were back.
He's been back a while, yet he will completely ignore you if you bring up his past "untruths".
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dtmfs wrote:It's Amazing the hypocrisy that spews from the crusty lips of certain Pats fans since Tatums death. Especially on Fox sports and Espn boards, all this talk of roasting in hell and "I'm glad he suffered and lost limbs to disease" and shit is really fucking classy. Nothing like wishing eternal pain on a guy who tragically and accidentally hurt another player, Yeah all those douches are the epitome of class.
:lol:

That mentality kills me. If Tatum was really a scum bag they're no fucking better. Hypocritical fuckheads the lot of um.

Tatum was a fucking monster on the field and played the way the game should still be played. No one including Tatum wanted Stingley to end up a cripple, it sucks but to place the blame on Tatum is moronic.

RIP Tatum, you was one hell of a player.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tatum tried to injure opponents and admitted it. He's partially responsible for an NFL rule change because of his dirty headhunting hits. And regardless of his intent(he meant to injure Stingley, not completely paralyze him) the scumbag never attempted to apologize to Stingley until years after the hit when he was trying to publicize his book. And that's when Stingley's family told him to fuck off. Good fucking riddance and rot in hell you scumbag.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Tatum tried to injure opponents and admitted it. He's partially responsible for an NFL rule change because of his dirty headhunting hits. And regardless of his intent(he meant to injure Stingley, not completely paralyze him) the scumbag never attempted to apologize to Stingley until years after the hit when he was trying to publicize his book. And that's when Stingley's family told him to fuck off. Good fucking riddance and rot in hell you scumbag.
Maybe Tatum's wife threw a hairdryer at him & we was just venting on the football field.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Tatum tried to injure opponents and admitted it. He's partially responsible for an NFL rule change because of his dirty headhunting hits. And regardless of his intent(he meant to injure Stingley, not completely paralyze him) the scumbag never attempted to apologize to Stingley until years after the hit when he was trying to publicize his book. And that's when Stingley's family told him to fuck off. Good fucking riddance and rot in hell you scumbag.
I don't remember you condemning Rodney Harrison when he played for the Pats.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Did you read anything that was posted above, dummy? He TRIED to contact Stingley multiple times. LOL at your indignance.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

thejuggernaut wrote:
I don't remember you condemning Rodney Harrison when he played for the Pats.
Same could be said for Seymour. Lickety is a homer. No shame in that I guess.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Tatum and many other players with his mentality including ray lewis, dick butkus, mean joe greene all said similiar things, one player said it last year can't remember who. what they're talking about in case it goes over your head is they won't change the way they play the game and if a player gets knocked out of the game then so be it, I highly doubt Tatum thought to himself "Yes this is the perfect oppurtunity to render Stingley a parapeligic for the rest of his life". There's nothing wrong with playing hard, it's a rough sport, tragic shit happens.

Stingley him self was kind of a prick from what I hear just check the youtube vid of charlie Murphy talking about Stingley running his trap in a bar about Eddie Murphy in Chicago back in the 80's. in Your mind it might not be as bad as accidentally hurting a guy, but He was enough of an Asshole to where Charlie threatened to dump his chair over, So because he was a miserable prick from the sounds of things by your logic it would be allright to say how wonderful it was that he fucking croaked.

None of us have any idea to what exactly went down as far as Tatum trying to contact Stingley, I've heard conflicting stories, of course because You're a pats fan you're gonna buy everything Stingley's family has to say even though they could've been the ones who kept Tatum from seeing him. You just sound like your typical, classless bitter patriots fan who'd probably brag if OJ Mayo broke mark sanchez' neck.

Heres the vid where Murphy talks about the confrontation with Stingley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97hZ5XSCYqM
Kings1967
Playing in a Garage

Post by Kings1967 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:He's partially responsible for an NFL rule change because of his dirty headhunting hits.
Partially only because he wasn't the only one doing it. There were plenty of other players in that era who delivered hits that we today consider dirty. Is it just Tatum, or do you have a similar dislike for Atkinson as well? How about Andre Waters of the Eagles?

The Autumn wind is a Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

dtmfs wrote:Stingley him self was kind of a prick from what I hear just check the youtube vid of charlie Murphy talking about Stingley running his trap in a bar about Eddie Murphy in Chicago back in the 80's. in Your mind it might not be as bad as accidentally hurting a guy, but He was enough of an Asshole to where Charlie threatened to dump his chair over, So because he was a miserable prick from the sounds of things by your logic it would be allright to say how wonderful it was that he fucking croaked.

None of us have any idea to what exactly went down as far as Tatum trying to contact Stingley, I've heard conflicting stories, of course because You're a pats fan you're gonna buy everything Stingley's family has to say even though they could've been the ones who kept Tatum from seeing him. You just sound like your typical, classless bitter patriots fan who'd probably brag if OJ Mayo broke mark sanchez' neck.

Heres the vid where Murphy talks about the confrontation with Stingley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97hZ5XSCYqM
Stingley was real angry for a couple of years after being paralyzed. A lot of people are like that after something tragic happens to them, and I guess you can't blame them. But Stingley eventually came to grips with it and ended up counseling other people who had spinal cord injuries.

The fact is Tatum never apologized. Even when Stingley died Tatum still refused to say he was sorry for what happened. Stingley's family kept Tatum away mostly because Tatum was trying to get to Stingley for the publicity. Even if he was refused contact, he still could have said something in the press to the effect that he played hard and played to win and wanted to intimidate opponents but was sorry for what happened to Darryl Stingley. And yet he didn't. He made sure that everyone knew he wasn't the least bit sorry for what happened.

You are wrong if you think Patriots fans want to see an opponent paralyzed. I have been at games where an opponent has been hurt and Patriots fans cheered when the player got up and they knew he was ok. Seeing an opponent take a hard clean hit is one thing. Seeing them get injured is another thing all together.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

SkyDog112046 wrote:You are wrong if you think Patriots fans want to see an opponent paralyzed.
No, they just want them to burn in hell. :roll:
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Stingley was real angry for a couple of years after being paralyzed. A lot of people are like that after something tragic happens to them, and I guess you can't blame them. But Stingley eventually came to grips with it and ended up counseling other people who had spinal cord injuries.

The fact is Tatum never apologized. Even when Stingley died Tatum still refused to say he was sorry for what happened. Stingley's family kept Tatum away mostly because Tatum was trying to get to Stingley for the publicity. Even if he was refused contact, he still could have said something in the press to the effect that he played hard and played to win and wanted to intimidate opponents but was sorry for what happened to Darryl Stingley. And yet he didn't. He made sure that everyone knew he wasn't the least bit sorry for what happened.

You are wrong if you think Patriots fans want to see an opponent paralyzed. I have been at games where an opponent has been hurt and Patriots fans cheered when the player got up and they knew he was ok. Seeing an opponent take a hard clean hit is one thing. Seeing them get injured is another thing all together.

It wasn't a couple years later it was nearly a decade after his accident that he was talking shit because some chicks he was with were eyeing a much more famous person, He was miserable about his condition, of course but You don't take that out on other people, I've seen similiar shit, I knew a dude in a wheelchair and a bigger prick you'll never find. I'm not saying Murphy was right or anything, just saying not everyones a saint even dudes in wheelchairs, and what happened with Tatum was an accident, not an act of malice.

And You have no clue what went down between the two, only that Tatum never publically apologized, and as has been said He didn't have to, he did nothing wrong, and maybe had he been able to meet stingley he would've apologized just to be gracious.

I've literally seen about 100 burn in hell Tatum threads on other sports forums, And all by Pats fans, just pointing out that some of You can be Every bit as classless as You claim Tatum was, Hypocrisy is a shitty trait, try to hide it next time.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

You....Are.......A.......Moron.
Fact is, though, Tatum made efforts to visit Stingley. Before Stingley's death in 2007, intermediaries made several attempts to bring the two together, to bury the ugly past, and each time Stingley, feeling he was being exploited, declined involvement.

"I feel sorry for what happened to him," Tatum told Yahoo! Sports in 2007. "I tried to apologize to him a number of times, but people around him wouldn't let that happen."

If Tatum wasn't properly contrite, it's because he understood the incident was a tragic accident. Referees threw no flags. The league issued no fine. Stingley's own coach, Chuck Fairbanks, conceded it was a clean hit.

Let's read this again.......
Stingley's own coach, Chuck Fairbanks, conceded it was a clean hit.
Why the fuck should Tatum apologize for a clean hit? He stated it was a terrible outcome, what more do you fucking want? Again....IT WAS A CLEAN HIT YOU STUPID BEDWETTER!

Fuck Stingley, I hope he rots in hell for being such a pussy, no wonder he was a Patriot, everyone in New England clearly has a bleeding vagina.

Anyway it's pointless, you're a blind ignorant fuck like Pee13.

Tatum was doing what he had been trained to do. He was making the kind of punishing tackle that put Dick Butkus in the Hall of Fame and became Ronnie Lott's signature. Tatum was playing as he had been taught by coach Woody Hayes at Ohio State University, then John Madden and Al Davis with the Raiders.

Tatum made a simple football play on Stingley that ended with catastrophic results. Yet that snapshot polished Tatum's legend, sealing his reputation as a defender who specialized in terror.

Tatum understood as well as anyone that apologizing for his actions would have been disingenuous. He was paid to hit. To apologize for the hit itself was to apologize to anyone he'd ever hit, to everyone he'd ever tackled, for the tactics of football.

He was a creation of football and the violence it glorifies. People get hurt, sometimes seriously.

He was a tough man in a tough game. That's what he brought to the Raiders. If Jim Otto is the enduring symbol of the franchise, Tatum represents the enduring spirit.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Fast_Eddie_Schenker »

Here's an interesting short read on Tatum. Love him or hate him, this is worth 5 minutes of your time.

http://exiledonline.com/death-of-the-as ... more-26050
CARNAGE
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by CARNAGE »

I honestly didn't realize there was such hate for Tatum. I'm 42 and have been watching football since 1976. I remember the old days of tough, violent games. Tatum was no different than most of the guys who played then, he was just a better, harder hitter. The defensive mindset was to punish the offense as much as possible.

Was the hit clean? I believe so. Was Tatum trying to hurt Stingley? You bet he was. Was he trying to paralyze him? No way!

How many players have been paralyzed in football over the years? From high school to college to the nfl? How many of those were clean or dirty hits? How many of those players should roast in Hell?

It's a pretty high horse these Patriot fans are on.....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:Here's an interesting short read on Tatum. Love him or hate him, this is worth 5 minutes of your time.

http://exiledonline.com/death-of-the-as ... more-26050

Nice......Good read, great vid's. Thanks. Made my night remembering when football was still a contact sport. I don't have the same passion with today's game.