Favre to retire....again

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Favre to retire....again

Post by LAglamrocker »

you mean like leading a team 1 drive from the Superbowl last year?
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

LAglamrocker wrote:you mean like leading a team 1 drive from the Superbowl last year?
Yeah because God knows that gets talked about more than his inability to make up his fucking mind. To be fair though leading his team one drive from the Superbowl then blowing it by tossing his 900th INT does come in a close second. We get it you like the redneck cocksucker but don't act like the other 98% of people who watch football have to like him too, trust me there's a reason nearly every NFL expert says his legacy is tainted, and that's because He's a selfish attention whore seeking asshole.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:LAMO @ all the haters here on the verge of going into full meltdown mode over the mere fact that Favre's name is in the headlines again.

MAKE HIM GO AWAY!!! WAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Too funny!!! :D
I don't see any meltdowns. It's a sports discussion board, and we are discussing the situation. I can't imagine Brett wants to go out with his last pass a pick. Even at his age, he is still one the best QB's in the game when healthy. The Vikings not having Favre will probably cost them 4 - 6 losses, unless Rosenfels or Jackson step it up severely. I do tire of Favres flip flopping, but I blame ESPN for making it into a stupid soap opera every summer.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Some more Brett Favre commentary. Good stuff.

http://deadspin.com/5608427/brett-favre ... ee-my-dong
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

Favre's on a plane to Minnesota right now. I hope he chokes on the inflight snack. Fuck him!
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
AnselmosSyringe
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by AnselmosSyringe »

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

the 3 vikings players that flew down to mississippi and literally begged the old man to comeback is pathetic.

2 former players on ESPN last night ripped the vikings "captains" that visited favre.
i think the 2 were bruschi and pierce(giants). they each said no circumstance would lead to them flying anywhere to beg their star quarterback to play again.

do these players plan to cook his food, wipe his ass, blow his nose, pick up his mail, etc....
:lol:
El Metalico
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Metalico »

One article in the Yahoo sports section reads:

"Which Brett Favre – brilliant or the rundown – returns to the Vikings may determine the entire NFL season"

Geez! :roll:

And BERTT (can we call him that? :P ) it's set to practice TODAY with the Vikings.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:the 3 vikings players that flew down to mississippi and literally begged the old man to comeback is pathetic.

2 former players on ESPN last night ripped the vikings "captains" that visited favre.
i think the 2 were bruschi and pierce(giants). they each said no circumstance would lead to them flying anywhere to beg their star quarterback to play again.

do these players plan to cook his food, wipe his ass, blow his nose, pick up his mail, etc....
How long til the ankle gives out? And if you are Jackson or Rosenfels how much respect do you have for your teammates and coaching staff at this point?
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:
Machado wrote:the 3 vikings players that flew down to mississippi and literally begged the old man to comeback is pathetic.

How long til the ankle gives out? And if you are Jackson or Rosenfels how much respect do you have for your teammates and coaching staff at this point?
Well said.
He is one hit away from being injured for weeks or for the entire season.
This team is not going anywhere with favre or without him.
No chance the team can put all the drama and bitter feelings aside and play football at a high level for the next 16 weeks.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

Well said.
He is one hit away from being injured for weeks or for the entire season.
This team is not going anywhere with favre or without him.
No chance the team can put all the drama and bitter feelings aside and play football at a high level for the next 16 weeks.
I don't know how any player on the team could respect Childress the more I think about it. He may as well let Favre coach the damned team. And you know what, Favre will probably pull this same shit next August....
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:
I don't know how any player on the team could respect Childress the more I think about it. He may as well let Favre coach the damned team. And you know what, Favre will probably pull this same shit next August....

i just read this base salary this season has been increased. he can also earn a few million based on incentives.

favre said in his press conference today that he owes it to the team to give it one more try.
who the fuck is he kidding?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

This year will DEFINITELY be his last.
"20 years and I'm done"
Last edited by Facedown on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

i just read this base salary this season has been increased. he can also earn a few million based on incentives.

favre said in his press conference today that he owes it to the team to give it one more try.
who the fuck is he kidding?
He should thank Don Majkowski for buckling his ankle and handing his job over to Favre. I love how people still ridicule Jerry Glanville for trading Favre. Chris Miller was coming off a Pro Bowl season and Glanville had Tolliver and Wade Wilson to back Miller up for the 1992 season. No one knew how great Favre was gonna be. Of course all of the revisionist fans and journalists would like for you to think they knew of him. No one, not even the most dyed in the wool Packer fan knew a thing about Favre until the "Majik Man" went down. Even then they were chanting for Ty Detmer!! Hell, I bet most people couldn't tell you what college Favre went to to this day.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I can't tell you where more than a tiny handful of NFL players went to college, so what?

Nobody knew how great most of the greats were. Wasn't Joe Montana a 4th round pick? And Brady?

There's as many of those guys as Peyton Mannings I think.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Say what you will about this douchebag (unless you are Juggs as we are all sick of your hysterical drama queen bitching), but Farve puts meat in the seats.

I'm planning on going to the season opener in New Orleans...the day after Farve showed up in Vikings camp, the average ticket price for that game shot up about 75 bucks.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Tymaster wrote: I don't know how any player on the team could respect Childress the more I think about it. He may as well let Favre coach the damned team. And you know what, Favre will probably pull this same shit next August....
Funny you say that as now unnamed players are saying that Favre doesn't think Childress knows what he is doing and doesn't trust him.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Crazy Levi wrote:I can't tell you where more than a tiny handful of NFL players went to college, so what?

Nobody knew how great most of the greats were. Wasn't Joe Montana a 4th round pick? And Brady?

There's as many of those guys as Peyton Mannings I think.
Crazy Levi, that was the whole point of my post. I'm no Glanville fan (the guy is a kook) but e/t Favre "unretires," someone wants to point out that Glanville traded away a HOFer for next to nothing. It's easy to criticize that trade in hindsight, but at the time no one batted an eye. And like I said, it took a while for Packer fans to warm up to Favre when he replace Majkowski. Chants of "Detmer" permeated Lambaeu for a while. ESPN would have you believe that Favre was a star from day one. That simply isn't the case. His toughness and legacy as a gun slinger are not question though. And he will hold most of those records for a LONG time b/c QB is a very hard position to stay healthy in. Can Favre take the Vikes to the SB? Can Favre stay healthy? Only time will tell.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Tymaster wrote: I don't know how any player on the team could respect Childress the more I think about it. He may as well let Favre coach the damned team. And you know what, Favre will probably pull this same shit next August....
Funny you say that as now unnamed players are saying that Favre doesn't think Childress knows what he is doing and doesn't trust him.
Mutiny already. Favre proved who was in charge last year when Childress tried to pull him. I don't know if the Vikes have a magic run in them like last year. This years run may be more tragic than magic.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Go Bert!
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

NeverSurrender wrote:Go Bert!
That's what everybody keeps saying, but he won't listen.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
ac/dc sucks
Headlining Clubs

Post by ac/dc sucks »

uwec95 wrote:Favre's on a plane to Minnesota right now. I hope he chokes on the inflight snack. Fuck him!
too bad for you. 2 more losses for the green and puke yellow. i live in Oshkosh. the local media and local fans need to get a life. without Brett, who knows if the Packers would even still be in the state(ie... stadium vote). Wish they weren't. I was a Packer fan up until he left. since then, i've really become aware of how idiotic most Packer fans and local media are. they don't even know why they hate him. the Packers didn't want him. he wants to play football. it's really uncool to be a Packer fan. Nerds! that's fine however. You now have a Fantasy Football star leading your team. Ever notice that he doesn't do shit when you really need him to. He gets all his stats and productivity against the Rams, Browns, Lions and teams like that.
don't get me started on the most overrated school in the country either. Bucky is Sucky!
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Haha, Vin Scully in the Dodgers/Phillies broadcast just said "BERT Favre". I LOLed.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

These Farve threads just aren't the same with out Juggs.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
how does he know this?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

NeverSurrender wrote:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
how does he know this?
That's an all time classic. I will never change that signature.