Philadelphia Phillies- Road to Redemption!!!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Philadelphia Phillies- Road to Redemption!!!!!

Post by dtmfs »

It's September and the Phillies are Hot as fuck once again, 3 up on the overrated Braves faggots and the 3 games series next week the Phils throw Hamels, Halladay and Oswalt at the tomahawk choppin' assholes who counter with Jerkings, mike minor leaguer, and that fucking ginger cocksucker Hanson. But seriously the braves are dangerous but I think they need to sweep the mets and at least take 2 of 3 from the phils or their season is done. They're getting cold at the wrong fucking time.

Should the Phils get back into the postseason, lets face it anything can happen, The one team that scares me is the fucking rockies, I'm hoping they don't make it. The Padres are the phillies bitch bring those fuckers on any day. The Reds are kind of scary as well, Fuck the giants too fucking weak of an offense. Th Phils Should make a 3rd straight WS and I hope to fuck it's against the yankees.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Philadelphia Phillies- Road to Redemption!!!!!

Post by killeverything »

While I hope that NY gets knocked out in the Playoffs, a rematch of Philly/MFY would be a great fucking series.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Is Utely back yet, or is he supposed to come back this year?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Heenan Snuka wrote:Is Utely back yet, or is he supposed to come back this year?
He's back, hit a long HR the other night.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

My team's been out of it for months, so I'm pulling pretty hard for the Phils. I'd love to see Oswalt get a ring.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

bane wrote:My team's been out of it for months, so I'm pulling pretty hard for the Phils. I'd love to see Oswalt get a ring.
I'm glad the phils got Oswalt, take it you're a stros fan? I wanted to keep Happ though he's gonna be good for a while and Oswalt was brought in obviously for the next couple years as he'll start to decline.

Damn The phils and stros' have come up pretty even in their last couple trades, I liked Bourn, Fuckers a speed demon, and Lidge was good for at least the WS run. Astros did the right thing rebuilding this year, gonna be a good team pretty damn quick, Hell they're playing pretty good the second half, might be a surprise team next year.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

:x
Fuck sigs.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

TawnyVonJagger wrote::x
The Marlins have been victimized recently by the Phils. I've got love because Hanley and Uggla have been money for me in Fantasy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

So your who i traded hanley to, I couldn't remember, I didn't do so bad this year considering all the players i went through, thought i had the defending champion beat in the first round but he came back and fucked me up.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
TawnyVonJagger wrote::x
The Marlins have been victimized recently by the Phils. I've got love because Hanley and Uggla have been money for me in Fantasy.
Dude. Right now our pitching is paper thin. JJ and Nolasco are shut down, Sanabia and Volstad were suspended. Anibal Sanchez wasn't scheduled to pitch in that series. You ended up facing Andrew Fucking Miller :x , Althberto (sp?) Mendez (whom I quite like, he's got some good stuff. Too bad the bats couldn't get it together that night), and...our bullpen for the 3rd game. Horrors!

Speaking of Uggs...I'm bad for not saying anything sooner. Congrats to him, he is the first 2nd baseman EVER to hit 30 HRs four straight years. Much love to him. :D
Fuck sigs.
bane

Post by bane »

dtmfs wrote:
bane wrote:My team's been out of it for months, so I'm pulling pretty hard for the Phils. I'd love to see Oswalt get a ring.
I'm glad the phils got Oswalt, take it you're a stros fan? I wanted to keep Happ though he's gonna be good for a while and Oswalt was brought in obviously for the next couple years as he'll start to decline.

Damn The phils and stros' have come up pretty even in their last couple trades, I liked Bourn, Fuckers a speed demon, and Lidge was good for at least the WS run. Astros did the right thing rebuilding this year, gonna be a good team pretty damn quick, Hell they're playing pretty good the second half, might be a surprise team next year.
Yeah, I'm an Astros fan. I agree that they've had some good trades with the Phils. They seem to have worked out pretty well for both parties so far. Lidge was done here. He was "Lights Out Lidge" until Pujols fucked up his confidence in the NLCS, then he was just never the same. It was good to see him regain it after a change of scenery. I love watching Bourn play ball. The guy routinely turns singles into triples with his base path wizardry. He saves a shit ton of runs with his glove too. If he could figure out how to add about 20 points to his average, he'd be Pete Rose. As for Oswalt, I love the guy. He was nothing but class as an Astro. A soft spoken pro that always delivered. I was really sad to see him go, but I think the Astros made the right move in trading him when they did. They had to rebuild, he wanted a chance at a ring before he was done, and from what I've seen so far, they got good value for him. Happ looks like he could be a keeper if he can manage to iron out some consistency, and Myers (the guy they got from, fuck I forget, I want to say Toronto) out of that deal, looks like he just might be the guy to replace Berkman at first. Anyway. I'm pulling for the Phils this year, mainly because they have a couple of ex 'stros on the roster that are some of my favs. I hope they kick all kind of ass in the post season.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Myers? You mean wallace? that's a big mother fucker guys got legs like redwoods, I remember seeing that dude the series in which the astros flattened the phils in philly, I honestly thought the phils were done after that series then the braves started regressing. I'd like to see them back and get a crack at the yankees but fuck if the reds and rockies don't worry the fuck out of me, the way tulo and gonzalez are hitting I wouldn't want any part of them, and the reds offense is scary, Votto's a bad ass.
bane

Post by bane »

dtmfs wrote:Myers? You mean wallace? that's a big mother fucker guys got legs like redwoods, I remember seeing that dude the series in which the astros flattened the phils in philly, I honestly thought the phils were done after that series then the braves started regressing. I'd like to see them back and get a crack at the yankees but fuck if the reds and rockies don't worry the fuck out of me, the way tulo and gonzalez are hitting I wouldn't want any part of them, and the reds offense is scary, Votto's a bad ass.
Oops, yeah, Wallace, don't know where the fuck Myers came from. I'm about a 12 pack down tonight. :oops: That kid has legs like Earl Campbell. He hasn't shown much power yet, but you know it's gotta be there. The Phils look like they're gonna lock it up to me, but the Rockies are pretty fucking scary. I don't have much confidence in the Reds. Maybe it's an NL Central rival bias, but they ALWAYS seem to lay down when it counts.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

You were probably just thinking of Brett Myers, another former Phil who they let walk, he's proven they shouldn't have he's having a good year for Houston, he's a bad ass too not too many guy want to rush the mound at that dude considering his boxing background. Wallace will def be a good power hitter in time, especially in minute maid.
bane

Post by bane »

dtmfs wrote:You were probably just thinking of Brett Myers, another former Phil who they let walk, he's proven they shouldn't have he's having a good year for Houston, he's a bad ass too not too many guy want to rush the mound at that dude considering his boxing background. Wallace will def be a good power hitter in time, especially in minute maid.
Yeah, it's the first name Brett that through me off probably. He's been nails for them this year. That guy eats innings for breakfast.
Vettehead2006
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Vettehead2006 »

Didnt Brett have the best era in the national league after the as break?
bane

Post by bane »

Vettehead2006 wrote:Didnt Brett have the best era in the national league after the as break?
I'm not sure about that, but he had a looooong streak of going at least 6 innings.