Good Ol' Bert Favor

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Good Ol' Bert Favor

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Minnesota gets the ball at their own 16 down by 2 with 1:48 left. Plenty of time to go 50 yards and set up a potential game winning field goal. If the defense gives the QB the center of the field he can take it and just move the chains. And if needed there is enough time to use his RB who is averaging almost 5 yards per carry.

But Bert don't play way. Gotta be all or nothing.
Incomplete pass
Incomplete pass
Pick 6, baby!

Game-set-match

I wonder how Moss feels going from 3-1 to 1-3? Maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut and played?
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Good Ol' Bert Favor

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

i almost cried...had the the vikes +4 for $100.

all the shit head had to do was NOTHING!!!

he scores...i win.

he takes a knee...i win.

he did the ONE FUCKING THING that he could do to cost me the bet.

fuck brett faavraahhh.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:i almost cried...had the the vikes +4 for $100.

all the shit head had to do was NOTHING!!!

he scores...i win.

he takes a knee...i win.

he did the ONE FUCKING THING that he could do to cost me the bet.

fuck brett faavraahhh.
You bet on Favre in a game that his team had to win?

You could make a highlight reel of all the must-win games & playoff games that have ended with a Favre pick.

The Vikes have a retarded coaching staff to go along with a knuckleheaded QB. That first play, the one that the coached drew up and the team practiced, with Favre lining up under center and then becoming a receiver was ILLEGAL because the QB can only do it out of a shotgun. But not one person connected to the offense on that team knew it. Duh!
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

For about 10 minutes dude was money....but then he turned back into Bret Favre. Still have to say thouhg, that TD pass he threw to Moss might be one of the prettiest passes I have ever seen.....I still hate the dude though.
ImageImage
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

How fucking stupid do you have to be to provide a multimedia paper trail of you committing sexual harrassment?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Dude is tanking avery good team. This defense is playing really well right now and Peterson might be having his best season yet.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I wonder how Moss feels going from 3-1 to 1-3? Maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut and played?
That's cute how you act like those are the numbers he's concerned about.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
XXSTATIC
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by XXSTATIC »

Can't you see that we're all freedom slaves?

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:How fucking stupid do you have to be to provide a multimedia paper trail of you committing sexual harrassment?
About the same level of stupid that it takes to try to force it down field to a double covered receiver when there is an open receiver a few yards away. In a tied game. In a conference championship or any other big game.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

NeverSurrender wrote:Dude is tanking avery good team. This defense is playing really well right now and Peterson might be having his best season yet.
It is a pleasure to watch Peterson run the football.

I hate the Favre worship from the sports media, though. The commentators sounded like they wanted to kiss him or some shit, going "Congratulations !!!" all hearty-eyed when he got that 500th TD pass or whatever it was.

That was a nice one to Moss, at any rate.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Last year was IT. They fucked up and Ziggy is pissing away millions this year for nothing.

Typical Vikes. Can't wait for Sunday, though... :oops:
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Another Favre Pick-6 that winds up being the difference in the game. And a 50.4 QB Rating. It's a shame he's wasting a season for a good RB and defense, but I guess the Vikings have no choice but to play Favre.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

i am enjoying watching him fail and literally limp off the field.

the guy is sorry.
the moron should have never returned for the 2010 season.
:lol: :lol:
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Another Favre Pick-6 that winds up being the difference in the game. And a 50.4 QB Rating. It's a shame he's wasting a season for a good RB and defense, but I guess the Vikings have no choice but to play Favre.
I was laughing my balls off at the pickoffs and his limping. AP is not a good RB. Dude is fucking great. I wish the Pats could get him.

Oh, and what coach has his team take a knee with 30 seconds left in the first half with the ball on the 40 yard line and 2 timeouts available?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Another Favre Pick-6 that winds up being the difference in the game. And a 50.4 QB Rating. It's a shame he's wasting a season for a good RB and defense, but I guess the Vikings have no choice but to play Favre.
You're an idiot. This has already proven. What cost the VIkes the game were TWO blatantly blown calls that negated a legitimate Vikings Touchdown, and another that gave the Packers an undeserved touchdown. That's at least an 11 point swing. THAT"s what cost them the game. The NFL continues to ruin games with poor officiating. No one can argue that those calls were correct. Call it whining, call it making excuses, but those are facts. And I'm no Vikings fan, either.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

WTF

Post by WTF »

HEy P-13. If the officials had ruled Shiancoe's play incomplete on the field, do you think they could have overturned that decision after watching replay?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I don't think there's a chance Bert finished this season. They'll try to make it dignified by saying he's hurt or something, but with this season over and no future with Farve - and with Farve dealing with this cock shot stuff and retirement looking better and better - you gotta think all involved will want to come up with an easy way to end this all.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
You're an idiot. This has already proven. What cost the VIkes the game were TWO blatantly blown calls that negated a legitimate Vikings Touchdown, and another that gave the Packers an undeserved touchdown. That's at least an 11 point swing. THAT"s what cost them the game. The NFL continues to ruin games with poor officiating. No one can argue that those calls were correct. Call it whining, call it making excuses, but those are facts. And I'm no Vikings fan, either.
You really don't know shit about football. Favre threw three INTs, and two of them were balls that he had no business throwing. That one that was returned for a TD wasn't even thrown to the side of the field it was supposed to go. That had nothing to o with officiating. Favre also threw a pass to the back of the endzone to Harvin and he only got one foot in bounds so that was correctly overturned. The one that Schiancoe caught should have been a TD because it appeared he had control after he crossed the plane, but one blown call isn't worse than 3 stupid INTs.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

I thought the Vikings out played GB, Rodgers wasnt throwing all the great either
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The Bears are 0 for 10 scoring a TD when it's first and goal from the 1 yard line this season.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
ac/dc sucks
Headlining Clubs

Post by ac/dc sucks »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
You really don't know shit about football. Favre threw three INTs, and two of them were balls that he had no business throwing. That one that was returned for a TD wasn't even thrown to the side of the field it was supposed to go. That had nothing to o with officiating. Favre also threw a pass to the back of the endzone to Harvin and he only got one foot in bounds so that was correctly overturned. The one that Schiancoe caught should have been a TD because it appeared he had control after he crossed the plane, but one blown call isn't worse than 3 stupid INTs.
No, you don't know shit. Those blown calls changed the game. The refs gave the game to the Packers. I was at the game and am waiting to see the "apparent" Moss pass interference on the bomb he caught right before the half. Hell, Packer fans even thought the Vikings got screwed. Yes the interceptions hurt, but the Vikes still shoud have won the game. Wake the fuck up!
WTF

Post by WTF »

johnk5150 wrote:The Bears are 0 for 10 scoring a TD when it's first and goal from the 1 yard line this season.
That is fucking crazy.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Levi, you're a dipshit if you think teh season isd over at 2-4. Espcially in a pretty crappy division.
Oh, and what coach has his team take a knee with 30 seconds left in the first half with the ball on the 40 yard line and 2 timeouts available?
he claims he didn't want to risk McFatty calling his 2 tos he had left and getting the ball back. Uhhh, even then he wouldn't be able to get the ball bck, you BTK killer looking fucking moron.

Childress is a moron.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Brett Favre was diagnosed Monday with two separate fractures in his left ankle, and his status for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots is uncertain.

An MRI revealed an avulsion fracture -- which takes place when a tendon or ligament pulls off a piece of the bone -- and a stress fracture, coach Brad Childress said. Favre, 41, has played in 291 consecutive games.

Surgery is not required and Childress said: "Once he's functional he can play. ... I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of the end of the week. I don't really have a time framework on it."

Childress says Favre is wearing a walking boot.

Childress says Favre's streak will not affect his decision whether to play him Sunday at New England. The coach says they have to do what what's right for the Vikings.

Favre threw three interceptions against his old team, the Packers, and hurt the ankle when he was hit on one of the interceptions.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

If Chilsuck doersn't use this AS an excuse to get him out of there, he is a bigger dumbass than I thought.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

ac/dc sucks wrote: No, you don't know shit. Those blown calls changed the game. The refs gave the game to the Packers. I was at the game and am waiting to see the "apparent" Moss pass interference on the bomb he caught right before the half. Hell, Packer fans even thought the Vikings got screwed. Yes the interceptions hurt, but the Vikes still shoud have won the game. Wake the fuck up!
THIS!

NFL ADMITS TO BLOWN CALLS:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ight-game/

Favre didn't play his best game. He made some costly mistakes. But he also moved the ball well and made some good throws. All in all, if the refs made the right calls, Favre played well enough to win. The Vikings WOULD have won the game if the refs did their jobs. If the NFL lets this continue, it will ruin them. They need to shift their focus from worrying about severe hits, to worrying about getting referees who can do their job and not blow games week after week. There's nothing else in football that pisses me off more than this. I echo Brad Childress' thoughts on the situation. He also points out some inconsistencies in the way the game was called, beyond the obvious blown calls.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplay ... -AM&TRACK=

"WORST OFFICIATED GAME I'VE SEEN!"

And why call off. pass interference on Moss for barely touching the defender, when Harvin was clearly mugged on the would-be touchdown catch on the last drive and nothing was called?? The refs last night were bad. They blew several calls, they were out of position routinely, and they called an incredibly inconsistent game. They need to be disciplined or removed from their jobs. That's what would happen if a player had this kind of egregiously bad performance.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
ac/dc sucks wrote: No, you don't know shit. Those blown calls changed the game. The refs gave the game to the Packers. I was at the game and am waiting to see the "apparent" Moss pass interference on the bomb he caught right before the half. Hell, Packer fans even thought the Vikings got screwed. Yes the interceptions hurt, but the Vikes still shoud have won the game. Wake the fuck up!
THIS!

NFL ADMITS TO BLOWN CALLS:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ight-game/

Favre didn't play his best game. He made some costly mistakes. But he also moved the ball well and made some good throws. All in all, if the refs made the right calls, Favre played well enough to win. The Vikings WOULD have won the game if the refs did their jobs. If the NFL lets this continue, it will ruin them. They need to shift their focus from worrying about severe hits, to worrying about getting referees who can do their job and not blow games week after week. There's nothing else in football that pisses me off more than this. I echo Brad Childress' thoughts on the situation. He also points out some inconsistencies in the way the game was called, beyond the obvious blown calls.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplay ... -AM&TRACK=

"WORST OFFICIATED GAME I'VE SEEN!"
The biggest blown call all weekend long was Rapistberger's fumble and Dolphins recovery. They erroneously signaled TD and then didn't bother to see who got recovered the ball. Officiating has a long way to go to improve, but the NFL is best officiated league because of replay. It sure as hell beats the piss-poor umpiring in baseball and the crooked refs in the NBA.

But Favre being a bonehead is what cost the Vikings that game, and Childress called him out in his press conference. No way in hell he should have thrown that Pick-6 when his primary receiver was wide open on the other side. Take back that INT and Minn wins.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The NFL is cheap. They won't hire the official full-time.
These officials you see every week have day jobs.

If the NFL would hire them, the refs would be able to give up the day jobs, work on their skills as an NFL official and probably improve.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

What does a bloomin' Mexican know about Fútbol Americano? :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:Levi, you're a dipshit if you think teh season isd over at 2-4. Espcially in a pretty crappy division.
he claims he didn't want to risk McFatty calling his 2 tos he had left and getting the ball back. Uhhh, even then he wouldn't be able to get the ball bck, you BTK killer looking fucking moron.

Childress is a moron.
Well, you make a compelling if poorly spelled argument.

I'll amend my statement - the Vikings might not be done (especially in an age where 8-8 sometimes will back you into the playoffs), but Brett Farve is.