The NFL gets even gayer

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

The NFL gets even gayer

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Issuing penalties and suspensions for "devastating hits" to protect the overpaid prima donnas. I thought these guys were supposed to be warriors, and gladiators, and all that shit.

They will be playing 2 below by 2020.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL gets even gayer

Post by Crazy Levi »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Issuing penalties and suspensions for "devastating hits" to protect the overpaid prima donnas. I thought these guys were supposed to be warriors, and gladiators, and all that shit.

Moron. This is serious business. Or maybe you think these guys deserve to end up like Mike Webster because they get paid well for about 5-10 years of their life.

Here, read all about a guy who used to have to taser himself to sleep...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1972285
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Put fucking skirts on all of them!!! I don't want to pay to watch 2 hand touch.
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Issuing penalties and suspensions for "devastating hits" to protect the overpaid prima donnas. I thought these guys were supposed to be warriors, and gladiators, and all that shit.

Like I stated in another thread I hardly watch sports anymore, the games not the same as I grew up with. It's pussified.

Players get injured, it's a sport people! While sports in the XGames are going insanely bigger pushing the envelope football seems to be set on turning the game into a bunch of overpaid and overpadded bitch playing tag.

I don't wanna hear shit about Mike Webster or being paid because is it's tough. They get paid MILLIONS for a fucking sport people like myself PAID to fucking play and why? Because it's a sport! It's about passion for the fucking game. Take out the passion and what's left? Nothing.

My last year of playing football cost me $1,500, 2 broken ribs and a neck stinger that left spurs and chips in my fucking neck. Fuck over paid crybaby athletes.....Go be sports announcers.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The head to head has to go, but just because somebody has a big hit? Don't like that. Saw nothing wrong with Robinson's hit on DeSean jackson Sunday. he looked like he turned his head to teh side.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I hate all the recent rules that have made the game less physical, but this is one that I agree with. The modern helmet is constructed differently and fitted differently than years ago and it's now a weapon when used helmet-to-helmet. Players can still hit hard, they just need to hit the body and not the head.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

NFL players are entertainers, not fucking Roman Gladiators that need to spill blood or worse to entertain us. Like Lickety, I think a lot of the rules are misguided but I agree with this one. Meriweather should be suspended the rest of the year for trying to take Todd Heap's head off during last Sunday's game.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The worst "Hit" over the weekend was the one Todd Heap received.
Now that DB should be suspended because the hit was vicious, helmet to helmet and the hit was unnecessary.

If coaches would "teach" the players to tackle the right way, maybe there would be less helmet to helmet hits in the game.

How many times do you see a defender use proper technique when making a tackle? Very rarely.

Just look at the kid from Rutgers who is not paralyzed. He led with his helmet and suffered the worst fate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRaRyTw1I0
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Meriweather should be suspended the rest of the year for trying to take Todd Heap's head off during last Sunday's game.
Belichick ripped Merriweather a new asshole on the sideline after the play. It was a stupid penalty in a close game and if Merriweather had stayed back he would have had an INT with nobody in front of him for a good 15 yards. Then afterward Merriweather said he wasn't going to change the way he plays. No way in hell he gets on the field if he won't listen to Belichick.

I don't think a player can be suspended after the fact for a play before a new rule was put in place, but he can be fined a couple of game checks and put on probation so the next time he does it he gets a suspension. Same thing for the Steelers' Harrison - who also came out after and said he wouldn't change the way he plays. That's like telling the cops you are going to run every stop sign in town and daring them to write you tickets. The guys aren't exactly rocket scientists, are they.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Machado wrote:The worst "Hit" over the weekend was the one Todd Heap received.
Now that DB should be suspended because the hit was vicious, helmet to helmet and the hit was unnecessary.

If coaches would "teach" the players to tackle the right way, maybe there would be less helmet to helmet hits in the game.

How many times do you see a defender use proper technique when making a tackle? Very rarely.

Just look at the kid from Rutgers who is not paralyzed. He led with his helmet and suffered the worst fate.

Did you see the hits by Dunta Robinson? Those were pretty bad too. There were three players that were all guilty of bad hits - Merriweather, Robinson, and Harrison - and they all need to be dealt with the same way.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

Did you see the hits by Dunta Robinson? Those were pretty bad too. There were three players that were all guilty of bad hits - Merriweather, Robinson, and Harrison - and they all need to be dealt with the same way.
Yes I did see that play as well.
IMO, the worst hit was by merriweather. i did not know that his own coach ripped him a new one after the play.
the NFL should come down on these vicious hits because this can not continue.
at the same time, the fucking greedy Commish/Owners who think its a great idea to play an 18 game regular season, should re-consider what sort of impact adding 2 games will impact the players physically.
WTF

Post by WTF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

I have watched the Robinson hit several times. Even though it is a very hard hit, he clearly hits Jackson with his shoulder pad in the chest and he never left his feet during or before the impact. Merriweather's was blatant and I saw it happen right there at the game. I was like, "What the fuck was that for?"
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:NFL players are entertainers, not fucking Roman Gladiators that need to spill blood or worse to entertain us. Like Lickety, I think a lot of the rules are misguided but I agree with this one. Meriweather should be suspended the rest of the year for trying to take Todd Heap's head off during last Sunday's game.
But they make more money than us!

Therefore, they all deserve to be paralyzed. Thinking differently than that is gay!
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

Just give the players pink flags to match their pink shoes.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Crazy Levi wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:NFL players are entertainers, not fucking Roman Gladiators that need to spill blood or worse to entertain us. Like Lickety, I think a lot of the rules are misguided but I agree with this one. Meriweather should be suspended the rest of the year for trying to take Todd Heap's head off during last Sunday's game.
But they make more money than us!

Therefore, they all deserve to be paralyzed. Thinking differently than that is gay!

Blatantly dirty hits/head hunting should be penalized, but this new rule seems like it is going to make guys more cautious about hitting hard.

I wasn't implying that I want these fucking guys to get paralyzed.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Blatantly dirty hits/head hunting should be penalized
Agreed here...

Never understood the using your helmet to make the tackle. Leading with your head is beyond stupid. Not only do they risk injury to the other player, the player delivering the hit can suffer neck and head injuries the same...
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I was listening the radio a little while ago about this topic and the guy made an interesting point: Maybe the NFL should be talking to ESPN and asking them not to run hits like that as Sports Center highlights. All those guys are trying to make highlight reels. I'd rather see that than some judgment call rule involving suspensions. It's too subjective. What differentiates a viscous illegal hit from a vicious legal hit? They aren't just talking about hits to the head here. Also, if they legislate the ability for the DB to try and make the receiver drop the ball due to the hit, what's left for a DB to do? They've already made DBs practically helpless out there with all the no bumping or touching bullshit. Take the hard hit away and you may as well be playing catch. I understand the safety concerns, but I think they need a much more defined rule than the subjective stuff they're talking about right now.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

After hearing the NFL talk about the new rule the part that I don't like about the new rule is that they are not just going to penalize for helmet-to-helmet but are also going to go after safeties for hitting a defenseless receiver. That means if a safety puts a hard but clean hit on a receiver from behind to try to make them drop a pass just as they are catching it then it is a 15 yard penalty. I don't like that at all. May as well just turn it into flag football.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

guys arent trying to make ESPN highlights

first of all, everyone knows that ESPN is done...it's all about NFL Network now...and they dont glamorize stupid stuff like this

second, guys hit hard in order to establish a defensive attitude and intimidate the other team...in a league of parity, the team that comes out on top is the tougher, more vicious team...this comes from the coaches...so with the adrenaline running high, players try to take it next level
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Heenan Snuka wrote:guys arent trying to make ESPN highlights

first of all, everyone knows that ESPN is done...it's all about NFL Network now...and they dont glamorize stupid stuff like this

second, guys hit hard in order to establish a defensive attitude and intimidate the other team...in a league of parity, the team that comes out on top is the tougher, more vicious team...this comes from the coaches...so with the adrenaline running high, players try to take it next level
On the contrary, seems like the NFL network is done. They've been around for a few years now and still many cable companies aren't taking the bait. I live in NYC and I don't get that package with the cable company, they are never gonna go for it with the astronmic $$$ the NFL wants.

A few (usually shitty) thursday games a year isn't going to give them enough leverage. And the other problem is...wtf do you show the rest of the year? The NFL is the shortest season of any of the big sports.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Heenan Snuka wrote:guys arent trying to make ESPN highlights

Nobody gives a fuck about NFL network. If you don't think players are trying to make Sports Center top 10 plays, you aren't paying attention.
WTF

Post by WTF »

The NFL admitted it was a mistake to allow photos of illegal hits from Sunday’s games to be sold at NFL.com. Pictures of hits by Patriots cornerback Brandon Meriweather and Steelers linebacker James Harrison, which resulted in fines of $50,000 and $75,000, respectively, were made available by an outside vendor that used an automated process, the league said.

“We regret mistake,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tweeted Wednesday. “Those photos will be removed ASAP & we will ensure no photos of illegal plays r available again.”

Meanwhile, Harrison indicated he plans to appeal his fine, and he questioned if he could continue playing in the league following the “travesty” of his punishment.

“The way that things were being explained to me [Tuesday] and the reasoning for it, I don’t feel I can continue to play and be effective, and, like I say, not have to worry about injuring someone else or risking injury to myself,” Harrison said in a Fox Sports Radio interview Tuesday, adding, “I’m going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach [Wednesday] and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective. If not, I may have to give up playing football.”
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Heenan, don't troll in the goddamn Locker Room, keep it in the Lounge twat!
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Moron. This is serious business. Or maybe you think these guys deserve to end up like Mike Webster because they get paid well for about 5-10 years of their life.

Here, read all about a guy who used to have to taser himself to sleep...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1972285
Webster also drank a case of anything every day for 25 years.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

when I worked for Home Depot years ago one of my co workers used to play football for the Philly Eagles in the late 80s and early 90s. He told me for every player making 10 million there are 10 guys making 300 thousand! the vast majority of NFL players are not multimillionaires like everyone thinks and they need to protect these guys from injuries
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Well the new "faggy NFL" got off to a pretty good start this week. Sure it was gayer than Rob Halford blowing Freddie Mercury, but I don't think there were any concussions.

And you really didn't notice a decline in the play if you ask me, despite the super fagginess of nobody being paralyzed.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

This thread title had me thinking it was about the Bears offensive line and coaches.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

SkeletorsGhost wrote:when I worked for Home Depot years ago one of my co workers used to play football for the Philly Eagles in the late 80s and early 90s. He told me for every player making 10 million there are 10 guys making 300 thousand! the vast majority of NFL players are not multimillionaires like everyone thinks and they need to protect these guys from injuries

Awwww, poor guys.