NBA SEASON STARTS NOW!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NBA SEASON STARTS NOW!!!

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Remember last year's Nets squad that was really fucking awful? I think they could take out this year's incarnation of the Cavs.

Saddest. Bench. Ever.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

...and this years NETS are just collecting ex-Lakers and trying to start collecting ex-McNuggets.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

With Carmello, Billups and Rip Hamilton, it reminds me of what would the Pistons look like if they would have taken Melo over Darko.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I don't know what's scarier; the Clippers beating the Heat or the Clippers not sucking over their recent stretch.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Rainbow Bright wrote:I don't know what's scarier; the Clippers beating the Heat or the Clippers not sucking over their recent stretch.
Gordon can be deadly when he's on.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Not to mention they got this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7tczranv8
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

They put up 44 in the 1st last night against the Heat. Wow.

$tevil
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Even Boom Dizzle put down his order of nachos and racked up 20. :shock:
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Not to mention they got this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7tczranv8
Said it befo and I'll say it again...Blake Griffin=PIMP! Big 12 warrior.

:lol: Fuckin' watched the Thunder LOSE to the Rockets last night ha ha ha! Fucking what? Scola was a fucking beast. Right now it's half time Thunder vs. Magic and it's been a great game.
ImageImageImage
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

And they just notched a win over the Lake Show. They've been on fire as of late. :shock:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Boozer has an ankle. Price you pay when you sign a guy with a history. But when he's healthy, he's so good.

$tevil
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

^True. Roy apparently had surgery on both of his knees despite on not having any cartilage there in attempt to come back. Brandon, you're my boy and all, but you need to hang it up. Be a coach or something.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Rainbow Bright wrote:And they just notched a win over the Lake Show. They've been on fire as of late. :shock:
:shock:

That Blake Griffin dude's got game!
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Rainbow Bright wrote:^True. Roy apparently had surgery on both of his knees despite on not having any cartilage there in attempt to come back. Brandon, you're my boy and all, but you need to hang it up. Be a coach or something.
Tommy Lee should write him a song.

Roy's injuries have to be depressing if you're a fan. Such talent.

$tevil
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Tommy Lee should hang himself as a favor to his kids.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Duncan played like Duncan last night.

21Pts-16RBs-5 Bks-8 dimes.

No steals though. Slacker.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Big Sexy Kurt Thomas with 22 last night. I bet he needs a nap.

$tevil
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Kobe is top vote-getter in 2011 All-Star balloting

By Official release
Posted Jan 27 2011 7:46PM

NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, a three-time All-Star MVP, is this year's leading vote-getter in the NBA All-Star Balloting program presented by T-Mobile with 2,380,016 votes.

It is Bryant's 13th consecutive All-Star selection; only Jerry West, Karl Malone and Shaquille O'Neal, with 14 straight nods each, have more. Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, the second leading vote-getter overall with 2,099,204, paced the Eastern Conference.

Bryant, the youngest All-Star in NBA history in 1998, and the All-Star MVP in 2002 and 2007, and co-MVP along with Shaquille O'Neal in 2009, is joined in the Western Conference starting backcourt by the New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul (1,281,591). The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant (1,736,728), making his first All-Star Game start, and the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony (1,299,849) are the starting forwards. The Houston Rockets' Yao Ming gets the nod at center (1,146,426). NBA Commissioner David Stern will select a replacement for Yao, who is injured with a stress fracture in his left ankle.

Joining Howard in the Eastern Conference starting lineup at forward are the Miami Heat's LeBron James (2,053,011), the 2006 and 2008 All-Star Game MVP, and the New York Knicks' Amar'e Stoudemire (1,674,995). The starters for the East at guard are the Heat's Dwyane Wade (2,048,175), last year's All-Star Game MVP, and the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose (1,914,996), who earns his first All-Star Game start. James and Wade are the first set of teammates to start an All-Star Game for the Eastern Conference since Wade and Shaquille O'Neal represented the Heat in 2007 in Las Vegas.

2011 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile, with associate partner 2K Sports, allowed fans around the world to vote daily for their favorite players as starters for the 2011 NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT and ESPN Radio in the U.S., and reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages. The 60th All-Star Game will be played at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Feb. 20.

In selecting the reserves, the 30 NBA head coaches must vote for seven players within their conference, including two guards, two forwards, a center and two players regardless of position. Coaches are not permitted to vote for players on their team. After the coaches select the reserves, if a player is unable to participate in the All-Star Game, Commissioner Stern will select a replacement. Reserves will be announced Feb. 3, on TNT.

San Antonio's Gregg Popovich earned the right to coach the West following the Spurs' 113-102 win over the Golden State Warriors Monday, which guaranteed them the best record in the conference through Feb. 6. The East All-Star coach and coaching staff will be determined by the best record in the conference through games played Feb. 6.

NBA All-Star 2011 will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league's history for a global celebration of the game. The week leading up to the All-Star Game will feature a full slate of community-enhancing activities, fan festivals and events, including the NBA Cares All-Star Day of Service, the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam, and NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm. NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by adidas, the hugely successful interactive basketball celebration, will return to the Los Angeles Convention Center. Los Angeles and the STAPLES Center will host NBA All-Star 2011, marking the fifth time The City of Angels and the second time STAPLES Center will be the site of the annual celebration. STAPLES Center last played host to NBA All-Star in 2004, and L.A. also hosted the All-Star Game in 1963, 1972, and 1983.

The final returns of both the Eastern and Western Conference for the 2011 NBA All-Star Balloting program presented by T-Mobile are attached:
Eastern Conference

F -- Amar'e Stoudemire, New York
F -- LeBron James, Miami
C -- Dwight Howard, Orlando
G -- Derrick Rose, Chicago
G -- Dwyane Wade, Miami
Head coach: TBD
Western Conference

F -- Carmelo Anthony, Denver
F -- Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City
C -- Yao Ming, Houston*
G -- Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G -- Chris Paul, New Orleans
Head coach: Gregg Popovich, San Antonio

* Signifies injured player
2011 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: LeBron James (Mia) 2,053,011; Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 1,674,995; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 1,407,601; Paul Pierce (Bos) 804,838; Chris Bosh (Mia) 571,734; Carlos Boozer (Chi) 504,610; Danilo Gallinari (NYK) 390,658; Josh Smith (Atl) 387,843; Luol Deng (Chi) 291,118; Danny Granger (Ind) 279,522.

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 2,048,175; Derrick Rose (Chi) 1,914,996; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 1,587,297; Ray Allen (Bos) 890,951; Raymond Felton (NYK) 397,301; John Wall (Was) 337,368; Gilbert Arenas (Orl) 312,903; Brandon Jennings (Mil) 301,225; Jamal Crawford (Atl) 246,130, Joe Johnson (Atl) 224,571.

Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 2,099,204; Shaquille O'Neal (Bos) 906,284; Joakim Noah (Chi) 432,127; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 301,896; Al Horford (Atl) 287,083; Roy Hibbert (Ind) 250,614; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 215,123; Brook Lopez (NJ) 166,844; JaVale McGee (Was) 146,474; Ben Wallace (Det) 113,443.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: Kevin Durant (OKC) 1,736,728; Carmelo Anthony (Den) 1,299,849; Pau Gasol (LAL) 1,100,772; Blake Griffin (LAC) 1,033,646; Tim Duncan (SA) 839,599; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 785,120; Lamar Odom (LAL) 529,854; Kevin Love (Min) 492,173; Luis Scola (Hou) 411,576; Rudy Gay (Mem) 284,021.

Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 2,380,016; Chris Paul (NOH) 1,281,591; Manu Ginobili (SA) 748,840; Steve Nash (Pho) 718,934; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 660,244; Deron Williams (Utah) 657,806; Tony Parker (SA) 436,958; Jason Kidd (Dal) 394,793; Monta Ellis (GSW) 390,237; Vince Carter (Pho) 353,143.

Centers: Yao Ming (Hou) 1,146,426; Andrew Bynum (LAL) 974,546; Nene (Den) 599,048; Marc Gasol (Mem) 524,932; Emeka Okafor (NOH) 435,218; Brendan Haywood (Dal) 352,811; Marcus Camby (Por) 279,026; Chris Kaman (LAC) 196,268; Andris Biedrins (GSW) 175,547; DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 152,976.

http://www.nba.com/2011/allstar/2011/01 ... ef:nbahpt2
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Knicks just PUNKED OUT the Heat bwahahhahaha!
ImageImageImage
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The Heat are 1-8 in games decided by 5 points or less.

:lol:
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Lakers and their shitty defense lose to the Kings at the Staples and KOBE passes Hakeem on the all time scoring list.

Lake Show courtside view on Prme Ticket is fucking awesome. Needs announcing, but it's got some fucking great angles and tons of in arena shit KCAL and FS West don't show.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Lakers had better fuck up some Celtic scum tomorrow.

Heat vs. Thunder tomorrow at 1pm EST. Can't wait, I'm hoping my boys can pull it off.
ImageImageImage
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

You'll all be sorry when the Cavs go 34-2 from here on.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Lakers had better fuck up

With their fucking lazy shitty defense, the Lakers fucking up has become a safe bet.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I have Artest on my fantasy team and he's pissed me off all season.
ImageImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Punk wrote:You'll all be sorry when the Cavs go 34-2 from here on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Punk wrote:You'll all be sorry when the Cavs go 34-2 from here on.
Now they need to go 34-1.

Stacy King is much more interesting the Johnny Kerr as a color announcer.

$tevil
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

still funny, the ABC cameras set up a shot for Kobe's family to meet him in the players walkway for a hug and a kiss. I still laugh everytime

Lakers keep losing to Kings,Celtics,Heat at home it doesnt matter. No team will beat them in a series
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Awesome. Durant has a pulse off the court.

Durant: Bosh one of the NBA's 'fake tough guys'

When asked about it after the game, Durant had more harsh words for Bosh.

"I was talking to my teammate and he decided he wanted to put his 2 cents into it. I'm a quiet guy, a laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now, so he thinks he can talk a little bit," Durant said.

"There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them," Durant added.

Durant says he was upset because Bosh got involved in his conversation with a teammate. Bosh says Durant was telling James Harden that next time, he should dunk on Bosh. Bosh had fouled Harden on the previous play to prevent a fast-break layup.

"I think he was telling Harden to dunk on me, or dunk the next one," Bosh said before giving a cleaned-up version of the exchange. "I expressed that, `No, he's not going to dunk that.' And he expressed, `Yes, he is.' It just kind of went back and forth."

Both Durant and Bosh were called for technical fouls. It was Bosh's second of the season and the first that will count against Durant, who also had one rescinded earlier this season.

"I'm no punk. I wasn't even talking to him, first off. He decided to butt in and I'm not going to just let that slide, especially in our house," Durant said. "Like I said, he's not one of those guys that I look at and say, `Oh, he has a rap for talking back to guys or always getting into it.'

"No, he's a nice guy. He's not one of those guys, so I'm not going to let that type of person say something to me like that," he added.

Durant said he considers Bosh "a cool dude" off the floor, but "once I step on the floor, all that stuff goes out the door."

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

OJ Mayo tested positive for stupid.

$tevil