Childress...owned

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Childress...owned

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Coach 1 cuts player, who gets picked up by coach 2. Player proceeds to play against coach 1 who cut him, plays poorly, his team loses the game, and he dogs it on a TD Moss could have had if he tried. Player then proceeds to wax eloquent about his time under coach 1, giving a full 21 gun salute. Coach 2 cuts him meekly days later. Got played... :D
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: Childress...owned

Post by SkyDog112046 »

And gave a way a 3rd round pick that looks like it is going to be near the top of the round to rent a player for 4 games in which they went 1-3. He's going to be fired first thing January 3rd if he even lasts that long.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

In Childress' defense, not many people would have the balls to cut ties with moss when he did. Bringing in Moss was a mistake. We don't know how much of that decision was in the hands of Childress. But once he made the decision that Moss wasn't a right fit, he acted swiftly, whereas most coaches probably would have held onto Moss for the remainder of the season just to avoid conflict. Childress knew he'd face a storm of criticism, but he didn't care because he felt releasing Moss was best for the team. He didn't give a fuck if the players, management, or owners, were on board with the decision. That takes balls, and I give him props for that.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:In Childress' defense, not many people would have the balls to cut ties with moss when he did. Bringing in Moss was a mistake. We don't know how much of that decision was in the hands of Childress. But once he made the decision that Moss wasn't a right fit, he acted swiftly, whereas most coaches probably would have held onto Moss for the remainder of the season just to avoid conflict. Childress knew he'd face a storm of criticism, but he didn't care because he felt releasing Moss was best for the team. He didn't give a fuck if the players, management, or owners, were on board with the decision. That takes balls, and I give him props for that.
Man, you really are retarded, aren't you? Childress didn't do his due diligence, he gave up a 3rd round pick, and then couldn't be bothered to try to work things out with Moss. If he had any balls at all he wouldn't let players like Favre and Moss walk all over him. Balls would have been benching Moss for part or all of the next game and letting anyone in that locker room know that if they criticize anyone in the organization in public they are headed for the bench too. But he made no attempt to manage Moss and took the easy way out and cut him over what is really something minor as far as dealing with Moss. Moss didn't break a law, he didn't break a rule, he was just being his typical jerky self. Childress should of let Favre speak to Moss since it's Favre's team anyway.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

SkyDog112046 wrote:And gave a way a 3rd round pick that looks like it is going to be near the top of the round to rent a player for 4 games in which they went 1-3. He's going to be fired first thing January 3rd if he even lasts that long.
I dont get the Childress-being-fired talk...other than this mistake, he is a pretty good coach

only reason theyre 2-5 is cuz of Favre...the rest of the team (running game and defense) hasn't played bad and theyve been in every game in a tough schedule

the fact that he has the team ready to play, against the top teams on the road, with all the drama and BS shows he is a good coach
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
I dont get the Childress-being-fired talk...other than this mistake, he is a pretty good coach
While I agree that Favre is a big reason for their shitty record, Childress is an awful coach. His in-game decisions are just bad. I'll only mention having Peterson and Harvin on the sidelines on key downs, but there are many others.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

WTF wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:
While I agree that Favre is a big reason for their shitty record, Childress is an awful coach. His in-game decisions are just bad. I'll only mention having Peterson and Harvin on the sidelines on key downs, but there are many others.
You must watch Vikings games. childress is the worst game coach i have ever seen , and couldn't challenge his way out of a wet paper bag. Dude, peterson is always on the bench on 3rd down, no matter the situation,and I don't get it. he ain't the best blocker on earth, but he's fine at catching the ball. childress is a moron.
WTF

Post by WTF »

I watch Vikings games for the same reason I watch Jets games. I want to see them lose. I used to be a fan of Favre when he was with the Packers, but I cannot stand the guy anymore.

Childress is one of the top 5 worst coaches in the NFL.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I think i realized how bad he was when in 2008, he punted teh ball on his own 20, down by 14 with about 3 minutes left.

he quit.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I guess he and Percy Harvin aren't best buds anymore.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
ac/dc sucks
Headlining Clubs

Post by ac/dc sucks »

poizond13 wrote:In Childress' defense, not many people would have the balls to cut ties with moss when he did. Bringing in Moss was a mistake. We don't know how much of that decision was in the hands of Childress. But once he made the decision that Moss wasn't a right fit, he acted swiftly, whereas most coaches probably would have held onto Moss for the remainder of the season just to avoid conflict. Childress knew he'd face a storm of criticism, but he didn't care because he felt releasing Moss was best for the team. He didn't give a fuck if the players, management, or owners, were on board with the decision. That takes balls, and I give him props for that.
well said. i'm glad they got rid of him. with him they had no chance. without him, i believe they still do have a chance. hopefully Sydney gets back real soon.
Just.Saying
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Just.Saying »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:And gave a way a 3rd round pick that looks like it is going to be near the top of the round to rent a player for 4 games in which they went 1-3. He's going to be fired first thing January 3rd if he even lasts that long.

only reason theyre 2-5 is cuz of Favre...the rest of the team (running game and defense) hasn't played bad and theyve been in every game in a tough schedule

the fact that he has the team ready to play, against the top teams on the road, with all the drama and BS shows he is a good coach

Ummmmmm the defense only has one sack in the past 4 games, how is the defense good?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The defense is pretty good. gave up ten points today.

And the pass rush in the final 2 cards possesions was a big factor in the comeback.

Go Bert!
Bsab23
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Bsab23 »

Childress is a joke,although I do love that he seems to hate Favre.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Just.Saying wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:

Ummmmmm the defense only has one sack in the past 4 games, how is the defense good?
did you know the Vikes have the 3rd ranked defense in the league?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

How the hell are the vikings only favored by a point tomorrow? I predict Vikings 34, Bears 6.

Jesus I hate Lovie Smith. I can't help but hear Cleveland from Family Guy every time he opens his mouth.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Lovie Smith is better than Chilclown.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Fuck Brad Childress.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Vikings ownership says Childress is safe. How??? Oh well, not my team, not my worry. I'm stuck with Mangini.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

mangina and childress both have the worst personalities on earth, but mangina is a better coach.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Sundays are now free for me. Thanks, Vikes.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

gr8twhte wrote:Sundays are now free for me. Thanks, Vikes.
Pussy.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

I can think of lots of stuff to do that would be more productive than to watch these over-paid losers try to avoid going 3-7.

1. Playing with my kids.

2. Yard work.

3. Talking to my mother-in-law

4. Eating my mother-in-law's asshole while she watches Oprah.

5. Making fun of ColaZombie on sludge.

6. Listening to Stryper.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

i would rather watch Vikes Packers than do anything you mentioned (I don't have kids).

You've always come off as a bandwagon fan anyways, and this just proves it.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

NeverSurrender wrote:You've always come off as a bandwagon fan anyways, and this just proves it.
Totally. My five posts a year in the Locker Room about football because that is the only sport I care about has exposed my bandwagon ways. Idiot.

I've been watching them since the Tommy Kramer days. They break my heart again and again. Darrin Nelson's drop at Candlestick, 1998, 41-doughnut, last year, and now this putrid season. You wanna bang your head against the wall while watching a lame duck team complete with shit coaching, shit effort, have at it super-fan.

I will wait for the draft/collective bargaining to play out and start anew next year. It's better for my health and better for my family.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

yes, none of the players are trying.

I'm sure they won't be against Green bay, they never do against them.
Totally. My five posts a year in the Locker Room about football because that is the only sport I care about has exposed my bandwagon ways. Idiot.

No, the whining and crying and quitting on the team does that.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

NeverSurrender wrote:yes, none of the players are trying.

I'm sure they won't be against Green bay, they never do against them.

No, the whining and crying and quitting on the team does that.

Thank Stryper you didn't quit on the team! 31-3 at the Dome! I bet it was sweet watching that abortion. Cause you're like a real fan and all. Skol Vikings!
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

No it sucked, but i will be watching sunday as well.

what does stryper have to do with any of this?