TSB 2k11: A RBO Review

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

TSB 2k11: A RBO Review

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Well, what the fuck is it?
It's Tecmo Super Bowl 2k11. A rom you can swoop up on the net if you know where to look so you can play it on the PC.

Tecmo Super Bowl? Does it got Bo Jackson?
Nope. It does got a full updated roster for the 2010-2011 season though along with some neat options. Like changing the quarter length, turning on weather conditions and a playbook mod so you can change around your 8-play playbook both in game and at the main menu.

So it's an 8-bit Madden now?
Not really. It's still TSB with a few nice touches in it to modernize the game of sorts.

How does it play? Are there any juiced guys like Bo, QB Eagles, Mike Vick from Madden 04?
The initial Read-Me on the forum where I got it from says no juicing, but Adrian Peterson is a fucking BEAST. There's also a defensive guy on Detroit who is untackleable after he scoops up a fumble or an INT. And of course, Suh.

It plays exactly like Tecmo Super Bowl with only a few graphic glitches in the opening. Same music, sound effects and graphics as the NES original.

Sounds nice. Who's good and who could go 0-16?
Believe it or not, the Lions are pretty good. Jahvid Best may not be Tecmo Bo, but I can average 10 yards a carry with him. Stafford isn't too shabby. He can air it out with Calvin Johnson or big yards and a few TD's.
(Also, I smoked the Pats 35-10. Suh is a Terminator.)

The Panthers however, are pure shite. They got a good 1-2 at the running game with Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams but that's all they got going for them.

Bottom line, it's pretty good. It's what Tecmo Bowl Throwback should have been and for the price, it's absolutely perfect. I think the only knock I got is the lack of a fake punt.

Get it STAT.
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: TSB 2k11: A RBO Review

Post by jahlive 420 »

sounds fucking cool.

why didn't they release this for the xbox instead of that piece of shit throwback?