NFC Championship Game (Green Bay @ Chicago)

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: NFC Championship Game (Green Bay @ Chicago)

Post by Machado »

I have a feeling the Packers will win by around 17 points.

Cutler has played well for the Bears so far this off-season and both he
and Rodgers threw close to 17 int's this past season, but I just have a feeling that Cutler will choke and Rodgers will perform at a high level.

Packers 27
Bears 10
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:I have a feeling the Packers will win by around 17 points.

Cutler has played well for the Bears so far this off-season and both he
and Rodgers threw close to 17 int's this past season, but I just have a feeling that Cutler will choke and Rodgers will perform at a high level.

Packers 27
Bears 10
I just hope the Bears don't embarrass themselves in another nationally televised game. I hope the power of Jim Cornelison's vocal chords will inspire the Bears to not suck. My God would I be happy if the Bears don't suck.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

I'm a Bears fan, and originally from Chicago. I think the Packers are the better team, but the Bears have luck on their side and I think they'll win. They seem to come up with wins when you least expect it. Plus Rodgers won't play as well this weekend as he did the last two weeks. Just my 2 cents...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

wickedsensation wrote:I'm a Bears fan, and originally from Chicago. I think the Packers are the better team, but the Bears have luck on their side and I think they'll win. They seem to come up with wins when you least expect it. Plus Rodgers won't play as well this weekend as he did the last two weeks. Just my 2 cents...
I spoke with a guy from Fox here in Chicago and he said this game will make their whole year.

$tevil
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I think the Packers are the better team, so they should win, but the Bears are capable of pulling an upset. It could go a couple of ways: Green Bay either blows Chicago out, or it's a close game won by the team that gets a break or two.
El Metalico
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Metalico »

I've seen both defenses playing really well and tightly, but Packers are more explosive on the offense.

I think Green Bay will win, but I'll be rooting for da Bears 8)
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Alright official score prediction going down:

Packers 34
Bears 27
"FUN'S OVER."
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The Packers. I love how the media treats Jay Cutler like Rex Grossman. Way to keep the scapegoat front and center when the whole team wets the bed Sunday afternoon.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ParaDime77 wrote:The Packers. I love how the media treats Jay Cutler like Rex Grossman. Way to keep the scapegoat front and center when the whole team wets the bed Sunday afternoon.

to be fair, the QB position is high profile and that position usually gets the majority of the blame for losing a game or not advancing further into
the playoffs.

when i heard that both QB's threw almost the same number of Int's this season, i was shocked.
i was certain Rodgers was having the best year ever for a QB.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Pack 28
Bears 7

Rodgers is playing too well to be stopped.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
MetalDad72
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by MetalDad72 »

Cutler will gag and turn the ball over at least twice. Green Bay is on a mission. GB 38 - Da Bears 24.

Super Bowl GB - Jets.
ac/dc sucks
Headlining Clubs

Post by ac/dc sucks »

Packers and Rodgers are way overrated. They got beat by the Bears once and barely got by them when the Packers had to win and the Bears had nothing to play for. The Eagles kicker David Akers never misses and he goes ahead and misses 2 field goals in that game. If he makes one of those field goals, he can go ahead and kick another at the end to win it instead of Vick throwing a pick in the end zone. Seems like after the Atlanta game, the Packers have all of a sudden been anointed this great team. They are NOT!
Go Bears.
btw, I live in Oshkosh.
Gitarrrjam
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Gitarrrjam »

Machado wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:The Packers. I love how the media treats Jay Cutler like Rex Grossman. Way to keep the scapegoat front and center when the whole team wets the bed Sunday afternoon.

to be fair, the QB position is high profile and that position usually gets the majority of the blame for losing a game or not advancing further into
the playoffs.

when i heard that both QB's threw almost the same number of Int's this season, i was shocked.
i was certain Rodgers was having the best year ever for a QB.
Rodgers didn't throw 17 interceptions, he threw 11 w/28 TD's in 14 games. I live in Green Bay(by way of Cali), and if the Packers lose this week to the Bears - people here will be jumping off bridges. Seriously
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Isn't the line Greenbay by 3? Same with Pitt?

I'm pondering hitting a sports book. Greenbay should cover that. They'll either lose a close one or destroy the Bear's because of Cutlerfuck's mistakes.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Green Bay's defense comes after QBs while Chicago's D seems to sit back and wait for a QB to make mistakes. Rodgers is playing at another level right now, and GB has better receivers. Cutler is prone to making mistakes. As long as GB doesn't give up big plays on special teams I don't see how Chicago wins this game. I'm thinking Green Bay winning something along the lines of 31-14
SgtPeppers
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by SgtPeppers »

Like somebody else said. Bears beat the Packers the first game. Second game, the Bears has nothing to play for and the Packers had to win to keep playing. The Packers won by a touchdown. I'm rooting for the Bears but its gonna be close.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Terry McCauley is reffing the game. He's the guy that nailed the Pack for 18 penalties the first game.

$tevil
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

wickedsensation wrote:I'm a Bears fan, and originally from Chicago. I think the Packers are the better team, but the Bears have luck on their side and I think they'll win. They seem to come up with wins when you least expect it. Plus Rodgers won't play as well this weekend as he did the last two weeks. Just my 2 cents...

Conversely, Cutler can't play as well this weekend as he did last weekend.
ac/dc sucks
Headlining Clubs

Post by ac/dc sucks »

johnk5150 wrote:Terry McCauley is reffing the game. He's the guy that nailed the Pack for 18 penalties the first game.
funny thing is, is that some of those penalties actually helped the Slackers.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

ac/dc sucks wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Terry McCauley is reffing the game. He's the guy that nailed the Pack for 18 penalties the first game.
funny thing is, is that some of those penalties actually helped the Slackers.
You talking about those slew of holding calls before Peppers was able to eviscerate Rodgers?

$tevil
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

I'm going to the SoFla Fair today, so I'm gonna miss it. :| But I'm rooting for the Pack. I have no beef with Da Bears, except for Cutlerfuck. I'm hoping he'll get sacked 17 times, picked off 6, though more wouild be nice. Go Pack Go
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Our own announcers aren't giving the Bears a shot. If you want to be entertained for the next few hours, listen to Dan Hampton on the local sports radio show here. The meatball fans are coming out of the woodwork on both sides.

http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPla ... tation=391

$tevil
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Picking a Pack/Steelers matchup...

The winner plays the Colts in the 'Bowl right?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Luminiferous wrote:Picking a Pack/Steelers matchup...

Heh. I'll be spending next year's SB week in Indy for work. I was there when Butler made the finals last year and THAT was crazy. I can only imagine what it would be like if Indy made their own damn SB.

$tevil
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

johnk5150 wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:Picking a Pack/Steelers matchup...

Heh. I'll be spending next year's SB week in Indy for work. I was there when Butler made the finals last year and THAT was crazy. I can only imagine what it would be like if Indy made their own damn SB.
It's gonna happen. In the words of Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Looking forward to some great football today. As for predictions, I'm taking the Bears and Jets. Both games are very hard to predict and could easily go either way. Having said that, I think the adversely cold weather and shitty turf will help slow down GB's offensive attack. The Bears are used to the horrible footing on that field, so that will benefit them. I also think Peppers will create havoc in the GB backfield.

As for the AFC game, Rex Ryan's defense has absolutely been on fire. They've been able to slow down the league's best quarterback and absolutely shut down Tom Brady. I don't see Big Ben being able to do any better. As usual, Sanchez and the Jets offense will do just enough to win and not screw it up for the defense. This should be a close game but I see the Jets riding their hot hand to the SB.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Bears 23-20

Steelers 17-14
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Cybersavior
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cybersavior »

Who is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDyip44TZo this asshole that sings the National Anthem?!

He makes a complete mockery of our nations theme and we CLAP WHEN HE'S DONE??! Come on Chicago! Are you guys all out of bullets?!?
Question authority. (not mine)
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bears don't have much faith in their kicker, huh?

If this is the best they can do moving the ball they are going to have to start attempting some kicks.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

poizond13 wrote:As for the AFC game, Rex Ryan's defense has absolutely been on fire. They've been able to slow down the league's best quarterback Tom Brady and absolutely shut down Eli's brother. .
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie