P13's wet dream to come true during Super Bowl week!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TheMightyMaiden
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Re: P13's wet dream to come true during Super Bowl week!

Post by TheMightyMaiden »

Either the chick in your sig has a total butterface or she has nothing whatsoever to do with Wisconsin.

P.S. I'm male
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Super Bowl in Indianapolis = Fail.

Lets have our premiere event in a cold, icy B market. Fucks.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS »

Artemis2085 wrote:Super Bowl in Indianapolis = Fail.

I disagree Indy is a 3 hour or less drive to a fuck ton of people and smack dab in the middle of the mid west perfect location
Thats the TRUTH and sometimes the TRUTH hurts
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS wrote:

I disagree Indy is a 3 hour or less drive to a fuck ton of people and smack dab in the middle of the mid west perfect location
agreed, I love it...football should be played in the north
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I wish they would hold the Superbowl in some place like Lambeau. Playoff football was meant to be played in cold weather. Screw all the corporate "fans" and the pansy-assed dome teams.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I wish they would hold the Superbowl in some place like Lambeau. Playoff football was meant to be played in cold weather. Screw all the corporate "fans" and the pansy-assed dome teams.
The Super Bowl isn't even a game anymore as much as an event. I've never been to one, but people I talk to that have gone say going to the game kind of sucks.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

WRONG.

What's the matter, not enough gay bars in town for you? As for "cold and icy," as I recall, last year Dallas was exactly that, and what's worse, the city did not know how to handle it.

Indy is going to put on one hell of a show. They are used to having big sporting events in town, such as the Indy 500, the biggest sporting event in the world by attendance, every year. Granted the Super Bowl is a different animal, but they've been planning meticulously for it for a long time. LOS is right in downtown, and they will have a spectacular Super Bowl village set up. LOS, downtown, and the Super Bowl village will all be within walking distance. It's going to be a hell of an atmosphere.

Besides that, Indy is a great city on it's own. Plenty of stuff to do, the downtown area is phenomenal and one of the cleanest I've seen. It's a big city with a small town feel and you can't beat hoosier hospitality. I have no doubt the Super Bowl will be a huge success and will leave people raving about Indy as a world class city.

Contrast that with Dallas, who, by all accounts, botched last year's Super Bowl. They had a huge ice storm that they did not know how to handle, which led to countless injuries and major problems. Then there's the 10,000 or so people with tickets to the game who were left without seats. :lol: Indy is a world class city and the Colts a top notch organization, so we will not have a repeat of that this year.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

poizond13 wrote:

WRONG.

What's the matter, not enough gay bars in town for you? As for "cold and icy," as I recall, last year Dallas was exactly that, and what's worse, the city did not know how to handle it.

Indy is going to put on one hell of a show. They are used to having big sporting events in town, such as the Indy 500, the biggest sporting event in the world by attendance, every year. Granted the Super Bowl is a different animal, but they've been planning meticulously for it for a long time. LOS is right in downtown, and they will have a spectacular Super Bowl village set up. LOS, downtown, and the Super Bowl village will all be within walking distance. It's going to be a hell of an atmosphere.

Besides that, Indy is a great city on it's own. Plenty of stuff to do, the downtown area is phenomenal and one of the cleanest I've seen. It's a big city with a small town feel and you can't beat hoosier hospitality. I have no doubt the Super Bowl will be a huge success and will leave people raving about Indy as a world class city.

Contrast that with Dallas, who, by all accounts, botched last year's Super Bowl. They had a huge ice storm that they did not know how to handle, which led to countless injuries and major problems. Then there's the 10,000 or so people with tickets to the game who were left without seats. :lol: Indy is a world class city and the Colts a top notch organization, so we will not have a repeat of that this year.
Are you running for mayor or something? You sly dog!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

poizond13 wrote:

Indy is going to put on one hell of a show. They are used to having big sporting events in town, such as the Indy 500, the biggest sporting event in the world by attendance, every year.
isn't the tour de france the biggest sport by attendance every year?
what other BIG sporting events have "you" had.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

Indy is going to put on one hell of a show. They are used to having big sporting events in town, such as the Indy 500, the biggest sporting event in the world by attendance, every year.
isn't the tour de france the biggest sport by attendance every year?
what other BIG sporting events have "you" had.
The International Bukkake Festival. P13 was the center of attention.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:WRONG.

Have to give it up for Greg for forgetting his usual trolling and only using the word "we" once in his entire Indy praising.. :lol:
bigpaparob74
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by bigpaparob74 »

poizond13 wrote:

WRONG.

WRONG

Try 1000 ticket holders...but I'm sure it was just a typo

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/super- ... ickets.ece
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

bigpaparob74 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

WRONG.

WRONG

Try 1000 ticket holders...but I'm sure it was just a typo

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/super- ... ickets.ece
:D "countless injuries"? Try 7.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

You guys are not seriously questioning Greg's estimates are you? :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote: Countless injuries? Try 7.
Well, to be fair, I think it's quite within the realm of reason to assume Greg can't count to 7.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
bane wrote: Countless injuries? Try 7.
Well, to be fair, I think it's quite within the realm of reason to assume Greg can't count to 7.
:lol: I think he may be exaggerating just a tad to make his point. Dallas didn't do the best job last year, but making a ticket snafu and 7 stadium workers injured due to falling ice into "countless" might be a little over the top. I'm sure there were a few injuries due to car accidents etc that week as well. It was a bad storm, but they'd have car accidents in Indy too.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... bowl-host/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -planning/

Regardless of the specific numbers, my point remains true: Dallas botched their chance at hosting a Super Bowl and shouldn't expect to have that chance again for a long time, if ever. Indy will do a much better job this year.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... bowl-host/

Regardless of the specific numbers, my point remains true: Dallas botched their chance at hosting a Super Bowl and shouldn't expect to have that chance again for a long time, if ever. Indy will do a much better job this year.
Indy better hope they don't get hit with a blizzard Super Bowl week. That was an extremely bad storm, particularly for a region that just doesn't get that kind of weather very often. It was a freak thing with particularly bad timing, and yeah, that city isn't all that well prepared for handling freak ice storms. That said, the end result will probably be the NFL shying away from cold weather climes in the long run. Indy fits into that category. I'd expect to see a lot more Super Bowls in California, Arizona, New Orleans, Florida, Atlanta and Houston in the future.
Last edited by bane on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Indy shares one thing in common with Dallas -

The biggest disaster was that their egomaniacal owners and moronic fans expected their teams to play at home in the Super Bowl, and neither even made the playoffs.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:

Indy better hope they don't get hit with a blizzard Super Bowl week. That was an extremely bad storm, particularly for a region that just doesn't get that kind of weather very often. It was a freak thing with particularly bad timing, and yeah, that city isn't all that well prepared for handling freak ice storms. That said, the end result will probably be the NFL shying away from cold weather climes in the long run. Indy fits into that category. I'd expect to see a lot more Super Bowls in California, Arizona, New Orleans, Florida and Houston in the future.
The difference is that Indy is more than ready for any kind of winter storm. They're going to mobilize tons of snow plows that will be ready to go, regardless of the forecast. Obviously they are used to dealing with snow, and they've been planning for the possibility of snow and ice during SB weekend for a long time. I realize Dallas doesn't normally deal with those conditions, but nonetheless, they should have anticipated the possibility and been ready for it.

bane

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:
bane wrote:

Indy better hope they don't get hit with a blizzard Super Bowl week. That was an extremely bad storm, particularly for a region that just doesn't get that kind of weather very often. It was a freak thing with particularly bad timing, and yeah, that city isn't all that well prepared for handling freak ice storms. That said, the end result will probably be the NFL shying away from cold weather climes in the long run. Indy fits into that category. I'd expect to see a lot more Super Bowls in California, Arizona, New Orleans, Florida and Houston in the future.
The difference is that Indy is more than ready for any kind of winter storm. They're going to mobilize tons of snow plows that will be ready to go, regardless of the forecast. Obviously they are used to dealing with snow, and they've been planning for the possibility of snow and ice during SB weekend for a long time. I realize Dallas doesn't normally deal with those conditions, but nonetheless, they should have anticipated the possibility and been ready for it.
Dallas being prepared for that type of storm is like asking Indiannapolis to be prepared for a hurricane. It just ain't gonna happen. They just don't have the infrastructure for it. I'm not a Dallas fan. I dislike almost everything about that town, but it is what it is. That said, there is only so much you can do to prepare for an ice storm. If Indy gets one that week, there will be plenty of horror stories. It happens. I was stuck at the Denver airport for two days a couple years ago due to a blizzard. That airport is a huge hub and they get bad winter storms all the time. They're as well prepared as anybody, but there's only so much you can do. What happens if that kind of thing occurs Super Bowl week in Indy?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote: Dallas being prepared for that type of storm is like asking Indiannapolis to be prepared for a hurricane. It just ain't gonna happen. They just don't have the infrastructure for it. I'm not a Dallas fan. I dislike almost everything about that town, but it is what it is. That said, there is only so much you can do to prepare for an ice storm. If Indy gets one that week, there will be plenty of horror stories. It happens. I was stuck at the Denver airport for two days a couple years ago due to a blizzard. That airport is a huge hub and they get bad winter storms all the time. They're as well prepared as anybody, but there's only so much you can do. What happens if that kind of thing occurs Super Bowl week in Indy?
Not really. If it happened, that means there was a reasonable chance it could happen. It's the Super Bowl. You get one chance to get it right, and excuses don't mean anything. You have to go above and beyond in terms of planning and you have to be ready for anything. Obviously no one can control the weather. But you can control your response to it and how you handle it.

Again, I'm not slamming Dallas for the fact that they had bad weather. It happens. I'm questioning their response to it. Take this article for example:
Throughout the ice and cold snap, some visitors were shocked that they never saw plows or other service vehicles — nearly a year after heavy snow struck during the NBA's All-Star Weekend. And without using salt, the roads were covered by patches of ice.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... bowl_N.htm

So it looks like they also had a similar situation a year earlier when they hosted the all star game. So don't give me this crap that snow is completely unheard of in Dallas and they shouldn't have been ready for it.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Jesus Christ P13, this is what you are reduced to now?

Rooting for Indiannapolis to not have a shitty Super Bowl?

Look - NOBODY in their right mind wants to be in Indiana during the middle of the fucking winter. That's why there hasn't been a cold weather Super Bowl in TWENTY fucking years, when the Skins demolished Buffalo in the Hubert Dome.

All I know is the Colts don't have to worry about it - they'll be enjoying the warmth of their mancaves instead of having to venture out into that bullshit. Just like th Cowboys last year.

But hey, the real fun comes in a few years when they do the Supe at Giants Stadium. It's fucking freezing today, I couldn't imagine sitting through a football game. I love the idea but it's going to be a disaster.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Jesus Christ P13, this is what you are reduced to now?

Rooting for Indiannapolis to not have a shitty Super Bowl?

Look - NOBODY in their right mind wants to be in Indiana during the middle of the fucking winter. That's why there hasn't been a cold weather Super Bowl in TWENTY fucking years, when the Skins demolished Buffalo in the Hubert Dome.

All I know is the Colts don't have to worry about it - they'll be enjoying the warmth of their mancaves instead of having to venture out into that bullshit. Just like th Cowboys last year.

But hey, the real fun comes in a few years when they do the Supe at Giants Stadium. It's fucking freezing today, I couldn't imagine sitting through a football game. I love the idea but it's going to be a disaster.
I don't see why a Skins' fan's opinion of WHERE the Super Bowl should be played would matter, seeing as how the Skins will NEVER play in one again. :lol: And I'll take Indy any day over the vast shithole known as D.C.

bane

Post by bane »

The snow wasn't the problem dude. It was the ice. They don't salt roads in Texas (not that I've ever seen anyway, it's a big state, they might salt up in the panhandle where it does snow a lot). They sand them. That's why nobody in Texas has a rusted out piece of shit winter car. I wasnt there, but I'd lay good odds that they did what they always do when they get the occaisional freak storm: They sanded the roads and waited for it to melt. Usually, it's cold for a couple days, and then the temps go up and things get back to normal.

Anyway, you still haven't addressed my question of what Indy is going to do if the airport gets shut down?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:I don't see why a Skins' fan's opinion of WHERE the Super Bowl should be played would matter, seeing as how the Skins will NEVER play in one again. :lol: And I'll take Indy any day over the vast shithole known as D.C.
I don't live in DC and never have.

New York City might just have a slight leg-up on Indy as far as "world class cities" go.

India-fucking-napolis :lol: :lol:

Are you kidding me?!
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:The snow wasn't the problem dude. It was the ice. They don't salt roads in Texas (not that I've ever seen anyway, it's a big state, they might salt up in the panhandle where it does snow a lot). They sand them. That's why nobody in Texas has a rusted out piece of shit winter car. I wasnt there, but I'd lay good odds that they did what they always do when they get the occaisional freak storm: They sanded the roads and waited for it to melt. Usually, it's cold for a couple days, and then the temps go up and things get back to normal.

Anyway, you still haven't addressed my question of what Indy is going to do if the airport gets shut down?
It's like I said before, some things are beyond control. If the airport gets shut down, it gets shut down. I'm not faulting Dallas for anything like that. I'm questioning why, by all accounts, roads and sidewalks were coated with ice all week, while the city did nothing about it. There should have been a plan in place to deal with it. Any time you have that many visitors coming into town, you have one chance to make an impression. Obviously Dallas failed at that.

bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote:I don't see why a Skins' fan's opinion of WHERE the Super Bowl should be played would matter, seeing as how the Skins will NEVER play in one again. :lol: And I'll take Indy any day over the vast shithole known as D.C.

New York City might just have a slight leg-up on Indy as far as "world class cities" go.

Are you kidding me?!
I've never been to Indianna. I picture it as looking a lot like Iowa. There must be lots and lots of corn.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Are you kidding me?!
I've been to NY and it's never impressed me. Just a bigger, dirtier version of Chicago. And most of the people are pricks. I'd ask what you thought of Indy, but I'm willing to bet you've never been there, so your opinion of it really doesn't matter.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:Obviously Dallas failed at that.
Obviously.

But my question still stands - who gives a fucking shit? Why is this your new cause celeb?

Could it perhaps be because the Colts are wrapping up one of the worst collapses in NFL history and you are looking for something else to claim victory about?