Lesnar vs Overeem

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Lesnar vs Overeem

Post by yeahbuddy »

So, fight fans,,, who is going to win?
I have no idea. I'm rooting for Brock.
From what I've seen in interviews with
Dana White is he's not a big Overeem fan.
Privately I think he has told Brock "beat the
shit out of this guy".
Its gonna be a good card, and a great way to
wrap up the year.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: Lesnar vs Overeem

Post by yeahbuddy »

watched the weigh in-
funny to see Dana chase after Brock after weigh in so Joe Rogan can interview him. Brock took the face off pics & walked away. Funny stuff. Joe's comment was "Mr. Lesnar has left the building".
Also noticed that Joe Rogan didnt mention the two fights on Spike. Usually he makes a comment about Spike broadcasting the two fights, not today.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Actually, Dana has always stated that he liked Overeem as a person, just did not think he should be as high ranked as some people consider him. Overeem hasn't really fought top contenders since he moved up to heavy weight.

The other thing I thought was interesting at the weigh in was the height of Overeem and Brock. Brock is listed as 6'3" and Overeem at 6'5". Standing next to each other, there was no disparity in height. Brock is going to have the weight and reach advantage. Brock looked pretty ripped, a lot better than in the Cain or Shane fight.

For some reason, I have a feeling that Brock is going to take this. I think Overeem has had way too many distractions and Brock wants to come back and prove he can take a punch. I'm sure he watched the replay of the Cain fight and realized he looked kinda girly. The way I see the fight playing out is Overeem being tentative, much like the Verdum fight , for fear of the take down. He will try to pick apart Lesnar from afar. Lesnar is going to stand and trade with him and once Overeem feels comfortable to throw a knee or kick, Brock will rush in like a runaway freight train and bulldog him to the ground.

If Brock gets killed in the first minute, I don't see him continuing in the UFC as his contract is up after this fight.

I do like Overeem. Watching him on the mma hour, he comes across as very down to earth. he seems to have a very grounded outlook on things. Just hope its a good fight.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

Rooting for Brock all the way but I just dont like the way he reacts to getting hit, unless he can get him down and do what he did to Mir in the second fight, I'm scared shitless for Brock every second they're on the feet.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Actually, Dana has always stated that he liked Overeem as a person, just did not think he should be as high ranked as some people consider him. Overeem hasn't really fought top contenders since he moved up to heavy weight.

The other thing I thought was interesting at the weigh in was the height of Overeem and Brock. Brock is listed as 6'3" and Overeem at 6'5". Standing next to each other, there was no disparity in height. Brock is going to have the weight and reach advantage. Brock looked pretty ripped, a lot better than in the Cain or Shane fight.

For some reason, I have a feeling that Brock is going to take this. I think Overeem has had way too many distractions and Brock wants to come back and prove he can take a punch. I'm sure he watched the replay of the Cain fight and realized he looked kinda girly. The way I see the fight playing out is Overeem being tentative, much like the Verdum fight , for fear of the take down. He will try to pick apart Lesnar from afar. Lesnar is going to stand and trade with him and once Overeem feels comfortable to throw a knee or kick, Brock will rush in like a runaway freight train and bulldog him to the ground.

If Brock gets killed in the first minute, I don't see him continuing in the UFC as his contract is up after this fight.

I do like Overeem. Watching him on the mma hour, he comes across as very down to earth. he seems to have a very grounded outlook on things. Just hope its a good fight.
Yes, Overeem is very likeable.
The mistake Brock made in the Cain fight was bull rushing in the way he did at beginning of fight. Once Cain survived the initial onslaught, Brock looked gassed, and got picked apart.

I'm thinking about buying the fight, I havent purchased one fight all year. Maybe this will be the one.
Clovis Died
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Clovis Died »

I am cheering for Lesner. Not sure who will win this one.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I'm also rooting for Brock. Funny how when he first started UFC I wanted him to lose, now I'm on his side. He's entertaining.
Clovis Died
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Clovis Died »

tin00can wrote:I'm also rooting for Brock. Funny how when he first started UFC I wanted him to lose, now I'm on his side. He's entertaining.

It's odd, same with me. I'm also getting that way with Nick Diaz, hated him but now starting to like him.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Clovis Died wrote:
tin00can wrote:I'm also rooting for Brock. Funny how when he first started UFC I wanted him to lose, now I'm on his side. He's entertaining.

It's odd, same with me. I'm also getting that way with Nick Diaz, hated him but now starting to like him.
Same here as well. I hated him during the Mir fights, but I'm a big fan of his now.
Always been a Diaz fan. He rolls on his own rock. Funny during the Diaz/Penn post fight press conference once he stepped in, the pc shifted and it was all about him.
I can watch the Diaz/Daily fight over and over and over again. Next to the Henderson/Shogun fight, it was fight of the year. Although the Edgar/Maynard 2 fight was epic as well.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

I rarely watch UFC unless Lesnar is on.Can anyone tell me around what time this fight should go on? The last Lesnar/UFC match I watched ,Lesnar was beat badly and it seemed like it took about four hours of undercard bouts til his fight was on.Thanks guys.
Where's Izzy?
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Anybody have a link for this fight? Don't be selfish. 8)
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

http://chanfeed.com/other-sports

Should be working when the ppv starts, or else use google.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Angry Jew wrote:I rarely watch UFC unless Lesnar is on.Can anyone tell me around what time this fight should go on? The last Lesnar/UFC match I watched ,Lesnar was beat badly and it seemed like it took about four hours of undercard bouts til his fight was on.Thanks guys.
Hell then I hope you have to sit through watching all the previous fights going to a decision until Lesnar shows up to do his break dance turtle moves and loses in the first, you fuckin faggot.

GTFO! NOW!

Edited to give this gif to Nancy Jew:

tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The Stun Gun!!
The stun gun my ass!!!!
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

yeahbuddy wrote:The Stun Gun!!
The stun gun my ass!!!!

Dude seemed pretty stunned though.
jens

Post by jens »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Actually, Dana has always stated that he liked Overeem as a person, just did not think he should be as high ranked as some people consider him. Overeem hasn't really fought top contenders since he moved up to heavy weight.
Dana talks crap about everyone who's not in UFC. And when they sign, they're suddenly the next best thing. Yaahwn.

I'm a huge Overeem fan, but this can go either way.

Who would've thought Fitch would be out in seconds. Nice!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Brock is done...retired
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Pimp_From_The_Grave
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

Fedor is fighting tonight in Japan (DREAM) on the HDNet channel. Mignight central time.

:wink:
ImageImage
Pimp_From_The_Grave

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Brock is done...retired

What happened?

:?:
ImageImage
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Damn I'm good. called it before he said it hehe
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Pimp_From_The_Grave wrote:

What happened?

I dont want to spoil it for anyone else Pimp...but I doubt Brock would be done if he was next in line for a title shot...if ya get my drift... :wink:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Pimp_From_The_Grave

BodyBagz wrote:
Pimp_From_The_Grave wrote:

What happened?

I dont want to spoil it for anyone else Pimp...but I doubt Brock would be done if he was next in line for a title shot...if ya get my drift... :wink:

I just heard what happened...DAYUM............ :wink:
ImageImage
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Ok...my $.02...

Brock should have retired prior to this fight. Diverticulitis is a "big no-shitter" disease. I know he had 2 years off, but over 2/3 of that was sickness, hospital stay/surgery and recuperation. With him having Abdominal/Intestinal issues, taking a fight with a K1 type fighter was really not smart IMO. I hate to see him go because I do think he was competitive when you factor in how "juvenile" his MMA experience actually is. Look for him to turn up at either TNA or WWE within 6 months...

Donald Cerrone let himself get beat by trying to prove he could "brawl" with Diaz. Not a single time did Cerrone capitalize on any of the 7 or 8 leg sweeps in rounds 2-3 that dropped Diaz to the canvas. I know "they" say Diaz is the stronger of the 2 in BJJ, but, Cerrone is stronger in his BJJ than he is in his stand-up..and his stand-up is far weaker than Diaz, so the least he could have done was hedge his beats and go with his strength..he had opportunities...

Hendricks vs Finch was a total letdown. Finch just plain got clipped. Would have been nice to see that fight go a couple of rounds atleast. I like Finch, have seen him fight a few times so I wanted to see what Hendricks had to offer... Oh well, maybe in a couple more shows...

None of the other fights interested me...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Pimp_From_The_Grave

Pimp_From_The_Grave wrote:Fedor is fighting tonight in Japan (DREAM) on the HDNet channel. Mignight central time.

:D
ImageImage
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:Ok...my $.02...

Brock should have retired prior to this fight. Diverticulitis is a "big no-shitter" disease. I know he had 2 years off, but over 2/3 of that was sickness, hospital stay/surgery and recuperation. With him having Abdominal/Intestinal issues, taking a fight with a K1 type fighter was really not smart IMO. I hate to see him go because I do think he was competitive when you factor in how "juvenile" his MMA experience actually is. Look for him to turn up at either TNA or WWE within 6 months...

Donald Cerrone let himself get beat by trying to prove he could "brawl" with Diaz. Not a single time did Cerrone capitalize on any of the 7 or 8 leg sweeps in rounds 2-3 that dropped Diaz to the canvas. I know "they" say Diaz is the stronger of the 2 in BJJ, but, Cerrone is stronger in his BJJ than he is in his stand-up..and his stand-up is far weaker than Diaz, so the least he could have done was hedge his beats and go with his strength..he had opportunities...

Hendricks vs Finch was a total letdown. Finch just plain got clipped. Would have been nice to see that fight go a couple of rounds atleast. I like Finch, have seen him fight a few times so I wanted to see what Hendricks had to offer... Oh well, maybe in a couple more shows...

None of the other fights interested me...
I already commented on mma topic-
in a nutshell- The Cowboy looked ordinary. Everybody & I mean EVERYBODY predicted the Cowboy to win, ahhh didnt happen.
I always laugh when a fighter like Finch gets knocked out like that.
He went stiff as a board.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

brock looks like he lost a ton of weight. kinda flabby in spots.

just in time for wrestlemania.

vs. undertaker.
Pimp_From_The_Grave

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/1002 ... ishii.html

Watch Fedor fight if you don't have HDnet.

ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Cerrone pissed me off more than Lesnar did (I lost on both of them). He looked like a statue in the first round and as mentioned, didn't capitalize on the many leg sweeps. Frustrating night for me.