The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

The redskins home field advantage evaporated when they built their new stadium, a huge giants stadium clone.

It had no covering, like the old cookie cutter rfk, so even though the place holds more people, the sound carries out instead of focusing on the field like it used to. Plus, it had 90,000 seats instead of 55,000, so now the stadium was flooded with visiting fans and tourists.

I'm hearing they have a similar problem in Dallas because the new place is so big. Indeed, I'm in Dallas this weekend and was able to pick up a pair of excellent seats for half price.

Still, Seattle has a new stadium, and they have great home field, do obviously it can be done.
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

jake locker with 45 pass attempts!! MVP!!
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

P13 just creamed his pants
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

COLTS WIN! COLTS WIN! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!

WOW! COMEBACK OF THE YEAR! ANDREW LUCK = MVP!

Seriously, I have NEVER, seen a rookie QB with this kind of poise and determination. That was simply AMAZING to watch.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote: Still, Seattle has a new stadium, and they have great home field, do obviously it can be done.
Sure it can. Reliant, where the Texans play is so loud it's ridiculous. It might be the loudest stadium in the league. It's a much better game experience and advantage than the Astrodome was when the Oilers played there. The only real negative is the tax payer funded 75 million dollar retractable roof that they NEVER open.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Ponder, you fucking blow ass bubbles.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Playoff spots being wrapped up in week 13.

In the AFC, Patriots clinch their division, Texans locks up a spot and are closing in on the #1 seed, Ravens can clinch today and Broncos pretty much have their division wrapped up. Indy looks to be in good shape for a wild card spot. Cincy & Pitt fighting for the last WC spot - can't see Jets, Bills, Dolphins or Chargers doing enough to get in. The AFC is mainly about seeding for the next month.

The NFC is a lot tighter. Atlanta about to grab their division and the #1 seed but 10 other teams fighting for 5 spots. San Fran choked that game away - have to be thinking about going back to Smith at QB. NFC North & East are getting interesting. The NFC will be the most fun to watch over the next 4 weeks.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

MVP! MVP! MVP!

Where are all the hater now?? After Luck leads us back with two back to back game winning drives within 3 minutes, where are the haters??? Please step up and show your faces. You know who you are, cowards. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:MVP! MVP! MVP!

Where are all the hater now?? After Luck leads us back with two back to back game winning drives within 3 minutes, where are the haters??? Please step up and show your faces. You know who you are, cowards. :lol:
Settle down junior. One game doesn't punch a player's ticket to Canton. I don't think anyone said Luck sucks, just that there are several QB's who are outplaying him at this point in the season, including Griffin. In fact a case can be made that the Colts' MVP to this point has been Wayne. As for MVP, it had been between Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Griffin, Watt (a DE in the mix), and Foster. Brees is out after his horrendous game on Thursday. I don't see them giving it to a defensive player. A rookie would have to be head & shoulders above everyone else to get it. I think with the rules the way they are it will end up being another QB so it's probably a 3-man race at this point. I'd say Manning gets Comeback player and Griffin gets RoTY. But with 4 weeks of football left anything can happen.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

Settle down junior. One game doesn't punch a player's ticket to Canton. I don't think anyone said Luck sucks, just that there are several QB's who are outplaying him at this point in the season, including Griffin. In fact a case can be made that the Colts' MVP to this point has been Wayne. As for MVP, it had been between Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Griffin, Watt (a DE in the mix), and Foster. Brees is out after his horrendous game on Thursday. I don't see them giving it to a defensive player. A rookie would have to be head & shoulders above everyone else to get it. I think with the rules the way they are it will end up being another QB so it's probably a 3-man race at this point. I'd say Manning gets Comeback player and Griffin gets RoTY. But with 4 weeks of football left anything can happen.
Well said. I haven't seen anybody hate on Luck. People are saying they think RG3 is having a better year. That's it. I saw that last Colts drive today. It was impressive. That kid has a bright future, but RG3 is still having a better year so far.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Oh I hate on Luck. He's a piece of shit. So is his dad. Fuck 'em. And as a player, he has too many turnovers. He has luck on his side and it will not continue with this many turnovers. They're feeling good to win these close games, but they could easily go the other way.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Oh I hate on Luck. He's a piece of shit. So is his dad. Fuck 'em. And as a player, he has too many turnovers. He has luck on his side and it will not continue with this many turnovers. They're feeling good to win these close games, but they could easily go the other way.
You hate him because you are a loser, and Luck is a winner.

Stick to soccer, and I mean that with the utmost seriousness.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

Brees and Griffin were never in the MVP race. Why? You need to win games to win MVP. Neither players are doing that. Andrew Luck IS doing that. He's taken a team that was widely expected to be last in the league, to an incredible 8-4 record and a likely playoff berth. It simply can't be overlooked. He's setting all kinds of records for yards and wins for a rookie. There have been mistakes, but they haven't cost us games, and that's the important thing. This kid is already a top 5 QB in this league.

And I've said all along Wayne's presence has been invaluable to the team and to Luck.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

Well said. I haven't seen anybody hate on Luck. People are saying they think RG3 is having a better year. That's it. I saw that last Colts drive today. It was impressive. That kid has a bright future, but RG3 is still having a better year so far.
How is RG3 having a better year? Because he's thrown for the second fewest attempts and, as a result, has a high completion percentage? Child please.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

I've said since day one, Andrew Luck is special. I've said this team is going to be special. Well it's already come to fruition, far sooner than even I expected. This is truly a magical season and absolutely anything can happen once we make the tournament. But regardless of that, this season is already a monstrous success. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year according to some, but the team did not buy that. Instead, they bought into a much larger vision, and you are seeing what happens when a team plays together as one. I've been through countless amazing seasons watching the Colts and countless amazing teams, but this one is right up there with them all. What a joy to watch it unfold game by game.

Today was another great memory to add to the list, which will forever be known as the "Miracle in Motown."

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Why are the haters still hiding??????Come out, cowards. You were all out in force after the New England game but where are you know, suckers? What do you have to say about Luck's two game winning drives today? What about the final drive, where he drove the team 75 yards with one minute left and NO timeouts for a game winning TD? How bout it, cowards? Show your faces and eat crow.

What about the fact that Luck already has more wins than any other QB taken at #1 in history?

What about the fact that he has 5 game winning drives already?

What about the fact that he's well on pace to shatter the rookie yards record?

How bout it?

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Who are these haters?

I knew 5 throws into the Vikes game the kid was different and said so here.

The only person we hate is you, not Andrew luck.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Who are these haters?

I knew 5 throws into the Vikes game the kid was different and said so here.

The only person we hate is you, not Andrew luck.
I wasn't talking about you, moron. There are others who have a lot of crow to eat.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Who?

Quote them.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Who?

Quote them.
Look it up yourself, fag.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:

Quote them.
Why? There are none. The only hate is for your trolling ass. Running your cumlickers about the Colts all the time like they're the goddamn 40 and 50s Yankees or something. Then we tell what an assdart you are and you act like that is hate for Luck.

It's hate for you. Because you suck. Bad.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

poizond13 wrote:
I wasn't talking about you, moron. There are others who have a lot of crow to eat.
none of em bet on today's game
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

Quote them.
Why? There are none. The only hate is for your trolling ass. Running your cumlickers about the Colts all the time like they're the goddamn 40 and 50s Yankees or something. Then we tell what an assdart you are and you act like that is hate for Luck.

It's hate for you. Because you suck. Bad.
Read the posts, jackass.

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

poizond13 wrote:COLTS WIN! COLTS WIN! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!

WOW! COMEBACK OF THE YEAR! ANDREW LUCK = MVP!

Seriously, I have NEVER, seen a rookie QB with this kind of poise and determination. That was simply AMAZING to watch.

Denver has the comeback win of the year, against the Chargers. With your old QB.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:This kid is already a top 5 QB in this league.
:lol:
Brady
Brees
Manning
Manning
Rodgers
Who is he better than, again?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:I wasn't talking about you, moron.
poizond13 wrote:Look it up yourself, fag.
poizond13 wrote:Read the posts, jackass.
poizond13 wrote:Your definition of trolling doesn't fit me. My INTENT is not to get those reactions.
Troll
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

ESPN Snap Decision
Who's The Rookie Of The Year: Luck or Griffin III
Result:
Griffin III - 51%
Luck - 49%

AMERICA HAS SPOKEN!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Tymaster wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Something to think about: Do modern stadiums somewhat negate the home field advantage? Yes, road teams still need to travel, adjust to time zone changes, and stay in hotels. But once they are at the stadium they get better visitor's facilities and then play in an arena where the home crowd isn't as close to the field as they used to be. Wider seats and more spacing means less fans right on top of the action, and luxury booths keep a bigger percentage of home fans behind glass. Higher priced seating changes the makeup of the crowd to less blue collar fans. And the playing surfaces themselves are more uniform. Not to say that some stadiums don't provide a definite home field advantage, or that newer stadiums don't provide any home field advantage, just that fewer of the new stadiums provide the amount of home field advantage that the older stadiums did. Thoughts?
Spot on post! I'd say homefield is negated indeed. Playing in old Cleveland Stadium behooved the Browns big time, the new generic pad, not so much.
I was at the first game the Colts ever played at Lucas Field (Bears). Having attended many games at the old, cramped RCA dome, their new digs were so comfortable compared to the old dump. It's really easy to just pour yourself into their comfortable captains chairs and sit there than get up and make a bunch of noise. The older stadiums WERE better for home field advantage.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Oh I hate on Luck. He's a piece of shit. So is his dad. Fuck 'em. And as a player, he has too many turnovers.
Peyton Manning still holds the rookie INT record. He turned out okay. You're going to be pretty disappointed if you're choosing to hate on Luck because he's going to be very good at his job.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil