The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by dtmfs »

alright so one person hates luck, other than that Bane was right on the money ecveryone who's gone back and fourth about the top 2 picks has praised eash, it's just that most are aware RG3 is better all round statistically. Luck does seem to have that Elway, Montana, Marino clutch game winning drive thing going for him no doubt.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

I've never said a bad word about Luck except that the COLTS! cheated to get him and maybe he looks and talks a little goofy.
The kid is going to be great, no doubt.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WTF

Post by WTF »

44% completion avg. 3 ints.

He is going to be a great QB, though. People hate Peepee, not Luck.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Yeah the int's are high as fuck, but one of the reasons Greg thinks Luck is the roy is the yardage and of all things the massive attempt numbers.
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

Fucking Bears defense looked their age on those last two Seattle drives. Way to "Bear Down!" with the game on the line. The 3rd and 14 followed by the 4th and 3 conversion was especially painful.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Christian Ponder. You suck.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

jahlive 420 wrote:Fucking Bears defense looked their age on those last two Seattle drives. Way to "Bear Down!" with the game on the line. The 3rd and 14 followed by the 4th and 3 conversion was especially painful.
Marinelli not telling the D ends to stop shooting the gap allowing Wilson to get outside and make those plays yesterday was an epic coaching failure. They looked like french fried dog shit.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

AFC playoffs are just about locked up. Texans, Pats, Ravens, Denver, Colts and either Pittsburgh or Cinci. Texans and Pats should go 1 and 2. I'm not sure which one will lock it up though. Houston is seriously banged up on defense. They were one injury away from having a wide receiver play DB yesterday. That's not exactly how you want your secondary going into Foxboro next week. Houston still has Pats and Colts twice. Pats get Houston and San Francisco. It will go to the wire unless Houston can find a way to beat the Pats next week.
WTF

Post by WTF »

bane wrote:AFC playoffs are just about locked up. Texans, Pats, Ravens, Denver, Colts and either Pittsburgh or Cinci. Texans and Pats should go 1 and 2. I'm not sure which one will lock it up though. Houston is seriously banged up on defense. They were one injury away from having a wide receiver play DB yesterday. That's not exactly how you want your secondary going into Foxboro next week. Houston still has Pats and Colts twice. Pats get Houston and San Francisco. It will go to the wire unless Houston can find a way to beat the Pats next week.
And the Pats are banged up everywhere too. F
bane

Post by bane »

WTF wrote:
bane wrote:AFC playoffs are just about locked up. Texans, Pats, Ravens, Denver, Colts and either Pittsburgh or Cinci. Texans and Pats should go 1 and 2. I'm not sure which one will lock it up though. Houston is seriously banged up on defense. They were one injury away from having a wide receiver play DB yesterday. That's not exactly how you want your secondary going into Foxboro next week. Houston still has Pats and Colts twice. Pats get Houston and San Francisco. It will go to the wire unless Houston can find a way to beat the Pats next week.
And the Pats are banged up everywhere too. F
I know they're down a few guys on offense, but they still have Brady with Houston trying to cover receivers with special teams guys. The playbook says to run the ball and keep Brady on the bench, but Houston is missing two O linemen too. That game could get ugly.
WTF

Post by WTF »

bane wrote: And the Pats are banged up everywhere too. F
I know they're down a few guys on offense, but they still have Brady with Houston trying to cover receivers with special teams guys. The playbook says to run the ball and keep Brady on the bench, but Houston is missing two O linemen too. That game could get ugly.[/quote]

And fortunately our (yeah, I'm on the team :) run defense is decent...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Courtesy of Detroit Free Press:
Colts right guard Mike McGlynn told the Indianapolis Star that Suh and other Lions were laughing and dancing over a fallen and concussed player (tackle Winston Justice). The incident occurred in the wake of a Don Carey interception in the fourth quarter.

"Totally ignorant on their part," McGlynn said. "Just childish stuff. We're all battling out there. I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes this even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game."
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:Courtesy of Detroit Free Press:
Colts right guard Mike McGlynn told the Indianapolis Star that Suh and other Lions were laughing and dancing over a fallen and concussed player (tackle Winston Justice). The incident occurred in the wake of a Don Carey interception in the fourth quarter.

"Totally ignorant on their part," McGlynn said. "Just childish stuff. We're all battling out there. I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes this even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game."
I didn't see the game, just that last 2 minutes or so when the network flipped over after the Texans game, but that doesn't surprise me. Detroit has talent all over the place, but they don't have much discipline. They're a reflection of their coach. Classless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:
Machado wrote:Courtesy of Detroit Free Press:

I didn't see the game, just that last 2 minutes or so when the network flipped over after the Texans game, but that doesn't surprise me. Detroit has talent all over the place, but they don't have much discipline. They're a reflection of their coach. Classless.
Seems like just about every week the Lions do something disgusting on the field and the players involved shout out they are innocent.
:roll:
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Once again the Lions managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory!

I admit I thought the Lions COULD beat the Colts. No hate for Luck or the Colts though. On a side note if they get rid of Titus Young for his bad attitude they need to trade Duh as well. His higher profile status brings the team way more bad press than Titus does.
scarred but smarter
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
Seems like just about every week the Lions do something disgusting on the field and the players involved shout out they are innocent.
They may not have even realized the guy was hurt and were just celebrating the interception. It's all about perception, but that team gets called out for shit like this so often that it's pretty tough to give them much benefit of the doubt.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:
Machado wrote:
They may not have even realized the guy was hurt and were just celebrating the interception. It's all about perception, but that team gets called out for shit like this so often that it's pretty tough to give them much benefit of the doubt.
I'm looking forward to watching any film that might get released soon
on the play in question.
Maybe the birds eye view camera will show clear evidence of what actually happened.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

bane wrote:
Machado wrote:
Even as a fan I can agree with that statement.
scarred but smarter
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Oh anyone notice how the Bears were practically stepping over a knocked out Sidney Rice to argue with the refs that he fumbled the ball on what was the game winning touchdown.
scarred but smarter
bane

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:
How is RG3 having a better year? Because he's thrown for the second fewest attempts and, as a result, has a high completion percentage? Child please.
16 INTs vs 4. QB rating of 76 vs 104. Luck has 17 TDs with one extra game. RG3 has 16. Luck has taken 28 sacks, RG3 25. Anybody is going to put up big yards when they throw it 50 times a game. They'll also have a higher chance of making mistakes, but you can't praise the guy for his yardage total on one hand and ignore the fact that he's been a turnover machine on the other. Luck leads the league in interceptions. RG3 has the least. Luck has thrown 4 times as many INTs as RG3! That's an astronomical difference. The stats don't lie. Luck is really, really good. His intangibles are off the charts and he's going to have a distinguished career. Right now RG3 is better. If you weren't such a fanboy looking at everything with Colt colored glasses you'd see the same thing everybody else does.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

johnk5150 wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:Oh I hate on Luck. He's a piece of shit. So is his dad. Fuck 'em. And as a player, he has too many turnovers.
Peyton Manning still holds the rookie INT record. He turned out okay. You're going to be pretty disappointed if you're choosing to hate on Luck because he's going to be very good at his job.
Luck is alright, and will probably end up as a pretty good QB. That doesn't mean I have to like him, the colts, or his dad. Who cares? This team is winning close games this year. With the amount of turnovers Luck creates, they will be losses at some point in the future. Turn it over vs. the Patriots, got destroyed. Turn it over vs. the Lions, squeak out a win. The quality of opponent makes a huge difference. This team is riding a hot streak around the aura of this chuckstrong horseshit. It will end at some point. Just wait.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

"Andrew Luck likely locked up rookie of the year honors."

- John Clayton, 12/3

Get ready, Levy. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

WTF

Post by WTF »

poizond13 wrote:"Andrew Luck likely locked up rookie of the year honors."

- John Clayton, 12/3

Get ready, Levy. :lol:
THIS is the guy that said that:

just saying...
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Claytons getting senile, Lucks drive was impressive, but the INT's did nothing to help him overtake RG3, RG3 will have to have a shitty night tonight for Luck to even come close.
bane

Post by bane »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Oh I hate on Luck. He's a piece of shit. So is his dad. Fuck 'em. And as a player, he has too many turnovers.
That sounds personal. What'd Luck or his old man do to deserve "piece of shit"?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I've always been a fan of Romeo Crennel, and I was reminded of why this weekend. He handled that whole situation with class and grace. God bless that man.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
bane

Post by bane »

Tymaster wrote:I've always been a fan of Romeo Crennel, and I was reminded of why this weekend. He handled that whole situation with class and grace. God bless that man.
Yep. Horrible situation handled about as well as it possibly could have.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

bane wrote:
Tymaster wrote:I've always been a fan of Romeo Crennel, and I was reminded of why this weekend. He handled that whole situation with class and grace. God bless that man.
Yep. Horrible situation handled about as well as it possibly could have.
That man's calm demeanor made him the perfect coach for such a horrible situation. I miss him in Cleveland.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

I don't want a bland, boring nice guy as my coach. Romeo sucked for us in Cleveland. Mangini was on the right track. Shurmur isn't good at all; Heckert has drafted very well. But we need a real head coach running this team...I have heard Gruden is on his way....
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Everyones making rookie of the year out to be about RGIII vs Luck. But with Seattle poised to make the wildcard Russell Wilson is going to get some attention and votes.

After all, He has beaten Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Jay Cutler and Tony Romo.

I doubt anyone realistically thinks he will win it, but who does it hurt more? Will it take away from Luck who will I'm assuming be in the playoffs as well, or RGIII who Wilson is more like?
scarred but smarter