The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote:Is the Sun night game on NBC
Chargers vs Jets?
Seattle and San Fran.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

It better not be.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

I have a feeling the Gay Bay Vikes game will be moved to sunday next week and I work Sunday nights. Fuck.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Chargers vs Jets?
?
Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Machado wrote:I heard the "flex schedule" game this week is the
49ers vs Seattle.
That game will now be played Sunday Night on NBC.
Doubt it since the Patriots are playing the 49ers Sunday night.
My mistake
I meant the game next Sunday between those
2 teams has been moved due to the flex schedule.

49ers will be playing on Sunday night football for two consecutive weeks
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:
Chargers vs Jets?
?

i know. this morning i double checked the schedule and i read
the chargers vs jets was sun night.
the website must be late with the update.
then i thought well maybe there was a change of heart since the Jets
are making all the headlines lately, :lol:
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Rob "Not a cornball" brother and married to a black chick (thank God) only suspended 30 days. lol.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

So Chuck Pagano has been cleared to return to the sidelines.

So if you are Colts fan, how excited are you about this? I mean, things have been going pretty well with the B-team, no?

Is there a coaching controversy?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Crazy Levi wrote:The Jets circus keeps getting better.

headlines today are that Rex Ryan "loves" Mike Vick and is very eager to make him starting QB next season.

And Tebow is kinda pissed about not starting this week - or in fact, being told he's #2 and not #3 behind Sanchez.

And Norv Turner, in town to play a game against the Jets that nobody wants to see (I just turned down 4 free tickets), is sounding really amenable to taking the Jets' offensive coordinator job next season.
:lol:
Mike Vick.
:mrgreen:
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:So Chuck Pagano has been cleared to return to the sidelines.

So if you are Colts fan, how excited are you about this? I mean, things have been going pretty well with the B-team, no?

I wonder how much Pagano had to do with game planning etc? If it was all on Arians, don't you just let him finish out the string? Maybe Pagano just plays a support role the rest of the way this year?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:

I wonder how much Pagano had to do with game planning etc? If it was all on Arians, don't you just let him finish out the string? Maybe Pagano just plays a support role the rest of the way this year?
As a cheerleader? The guy hasn't coached a single game as a head coach, and just had a near-death experience. I'd think he's ready to call a game.

If only we had someone here on Sludge who is a Colts expert, and privy to the inner workings of the Colts organization and knows everything they are going to do before they do it, like Keeping Manning while drafting a new guy...
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I won't pretend to pay much attention to the goings on of 2nd place teams, but Im pretty sure he coached the first 3 games.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:I won't pretend to pay much attention to the goings on of 2nd place teams, but Im pretty sure he coached the first 3 games.
Good point. You may be right - I also tend to overlook the goings on of also-ran teams struggling to back into the playoffs as a wild-card, despite playing in a division with two of the worst teams in football, and a cupcake last-place schedule in general.

Still, I think if he's on the sidelines, he'll be coaching. Although losing to the Chiefs might send him back to the hospital.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The Colts and their rookie qb and sick coach would be a great story, if lapboy's mom's abortion hadn't gone wrong. But he lived. and here we are.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Love how Turner is sucking Ryan's nuts a bit to land a gig.
Weren't they sniping at each other just last year?

Can't Turner hasn't had enough fucking chances in this league. Not even Bill Walsh could do anything with the lack of offensive talent on the Jets.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

veritas wrote:Love how Turner is sucking Ryan's nuts a bit to land a gig.
Weren't they sniping at each other just last year?

Can't Turner hasn't had enough fucking chances in this league. Not even Bill Walsh could do anything with the lack of offensive talent on the Jets.
Turner is TOTALLY licking balls. And yeah they were bitching at each other last year after Ryan said if he had coached Turner's Chargers, he'd have a couple rings by now.

"Norv Turner, the embattled Chargers coach, left the door open to taking an offensive coordinator position with another team if he is fired by San Diego (5-9) after the season. “People that know me, know I’m a coach,” Turner said. “I like to coach. I’d love to continue to coach, no question.”

Turner, 60, also said he has a solid relationship with Ryan, who may be in the market for a coordinator if Tony Sparano is fired. “I think Rex knows the respect I have for him,” Turner said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... z2FiJwzFmy
"
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Peanut and Tim Jennings are 1-2 for CB in fan voting. Nice to see the BOT I set up at NFL.com is working.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

johnk5150 wrote:Peanut and Tim Jennings are 1-2 for CB in fan voting. Nice to see the BOT I set up at NFL.com is working.
anything to feel better about the bears season...
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
bane wrote:

As a cheerleader? The guy hasn't coached a single game as a head coach, and just had a near-death experience. I'd think he's ready to call a game.

If only we had someone here on Sludge who is a Colts expert, and privy to the inner workings of the Colts organization and knows everything they are going to do before they do it, like Keeping Manning while drafting a new guy...
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Coach Pagano coached the first 3 games of the season. And since then he's been far from absent. He's in constant contact with the coaching staff and players, every single day. He's been watching tape of practices from home. He's involved in every game plan. He has attended several games, calling certain plays from the press box. It's still HIS team, even though he hasn't been physically there. He texts players everyday, in fact one game, one of his tips to a player directly resulted in him scoring a game changing TD that week. He's been coaching all along.

Your ignorant opinion is wrong as usual, Levy. This is and was Chuck's team from day one. When he returns he is still head coach, no questions asked.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Like I said, I generally don't follow 2nd-place teams struggling to make the playoffs as a wild card (unless they are the Redskins!) so you'll have to forgive me for forgetting that Chuck Pagano coached the Colts to a 1-2 record before getting sick.

But the question is, how will the Colts handle the coaching controversy?

Do you really want to go with the guy who coached your team to a 1-2 record, (including a loss to the JAGUARS!!!), or do you stick with the guy who has gone 8-3?

Very troubling times for Colts fans, what with this conundrum and the alarming decline in the play of Andrew Leaf. Unless maybe Arians is to blame for the drop in the rookie QB's play over the past 10 weeks?

Maybe Pagano can reverse this trend, which has seen Leaf become the NFL's LEADER in turnovers?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Like I said, I generally don't follow 2nd-place teams struggling to make the playoffs as a wild card (unless they are the Redskins!) so you'll have to forgive me for forgetting that Chuck Pagano coached the Colts to a 1-2 record before getting sick.

But the question is, how will the Colts handle the coaching controversy?

Do you really want to go with the guy who coached your team to a 1-2 record, (including a loss to the JAGUARS!!!), or do you stick with the guy who has gone 8-3?

Very troubling times for Colts fans, what with this conundrum and the alarming decline in the play of Andrew Leaf.
Not a troubling time at all. This is a great time. We're already in the playoffs. The return of Coach Pagano will only be a huge boost to the team. Bruce Arians deserves a lot of credit, but Pagano has been here all along coaching as well.

Meanwhile, the Skins MUST win out to make the playoffs. Their margin for error is zero. Not a great position to be in when you have a rookie QB who plays the game like Vince Young. Oh wait, Vince actually threw for more yards. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The Colts have clinched a playoff spot? When did this happen?

Of course, nobody ever made themselves look stupid by counting their chickens when it comes to sports, right?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:The Colts have clinched a playoff spot? When did this happen?

Of course, nobody ever made themselves look stupid by counting their chickens when it comes to sports, right?
Ok, how bout a wager? I think the Colts make the playoffs, you think they don't. You name the stakes?

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Would you sit on coach Pagano's lap if he let you?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

:roll:

Wow that's ballsy. I didn't see you trying to make playoff bets when they were 1-2.

We already have one wager dipshit, and that's enough for me. Starting to lose faith in your rookie turnover machine?

When did I say I didn't think the Colts would make the playoffs? I just think it's weird that you don't seem to realize they aren't "in the playoffs" yet.

You can celebrate on Sunday, if the Colts manage to beat the Chiefs.

It would be quite an achievement for a team 2 years removed from being a Super Bowl favorite to back into the playoffs as a wild card, a year after tanking the season to get a new QB.

Still, I got bigger fish to fry. While division titles are but a distant memory for Colts fans, Redskins fans indeed have their eyes on the prize.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote::roll:

Wow that's ballsy. I didn't see you trying to make playoff bets when they were 1-2.

We already have a wager dipshit, and that's enough for me. Starting to lose faith in your rookie turnover machine?

All I'm saying is the Colts have yet to clinch a playoff spot, which you didn't seem to realize. You do realize they aren't "in the playoffs" yet, right?

You can celebrate on Sunday, if the Colts manage to beat the Chiefs.

It would be quite an achievement for a team 2 years removed from being a Super Bowl favorite to back into the playoffs as a wild card, a year after tanking the season to get a new QB.

Still, I got bigger fish to fry. While division titles are but a distant memory for Colts fans, Redskins fans indeed have their eyes on the prize.
THOUGHT SO. What a pussy. :lol:

Yeah, I admit the Colts haven't technically clinched. We have about a 1% chance of not making the playoffs. So I will continue to say, we are in the playoffs. The Redskins are not.

As for being Super Bowl contenders two years ago, maybe you can tell me how many players and coaches we actually still have from that team? Because it seems to me that would be a totally invalid point. The more valid point is that most people, including yourself, thought the Colts would win less than 4 games this year. Yet here we are, in the Playoffs.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:
Yeah, I admit the Colts haven't technically clinched. .
Ok, that's a start.
poizond13 wrote:Yet here we are, in the Playoffs.
Ummm....
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
THOUGHT SO. What a pussy. :lol:

Yeah, I admit the Colts haven't technically clinched. .

So you admit you are full of shit? Great, that's a first.

As far as being a pussy, well you just said that the Redskins will lose to the Eagles this week.

Care to wager?
Of course we haven't clinched. That's why I offered you the bet, which you declined like a coward. :lol:

Where did I say the Skins would lose to the Eagles?

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote: Where did I say the Skins would lose to the Eagles?

That's what I thought. What a pussy!

And where did I say the Colts - as of today - wouldn't make the playoffs?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote: Where did I say the Skins would lose to the Eagles?

That's what I thought. What a pussy!

And where did I say the Colts - as of today - wouldn't make the playoffs?
You said the Colts are "struggling" to make the playoffs. So surely you can put your money where your mouth is on that statement, can't you? :lol:

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:
You said the Colts are "struggling" to make the playoffs. So surely you can put your money where your mouth is on that statement, can't you? :lol:
You said the odds are against the Redskins winning their division. So surely you think they'll lose to the Eagles. So surely you can put your money where your mouth is on that statement, can't you? :lol:

Umm...so do we now have to do this back and forth for the rest of the day? It seems kind of silly.

Unless you can find me saying, today, "The Colts will not make the playoffs," there's no bet to be had.

In fact, I BET you can't find me saying that. Loser leaves Sludge.

Bet?