The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

You're talking a lot of shit for a guy whose team got doubled up in offensive yardage. A win is a win but to act like it was some dominating performance is kind of funny. Have fun with some LeSean McCoy next Sunday night.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Typical fucking Cowboys fan.

His .500 team beat another shitty team on special teams and he thinks he's Super Bowl bound.

Fuck Machado and fuck the Cowboys. They are an average team and aren't going anywhere.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:You're talking a lot of shit for a guy whose team got doubled up in offensive yardage. A win is a win but to act like it was some dominating performance is kind of funny. Have fun with some LeSean McCoy next Sunday night.
Should we bring up the special teams stats and call it even?

Especially impressive WIN since the Dallas D-Line had just one starter playing in the majority of the game & Murray was not available for most of the game as well.

Bring of McCoy and the Eagles. Battle for 1st in Philly.
Too bad my local Fox network will not be airing the game.
I'll have to rely on NFL RZ channel
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Correct, The Cowboys aren't going to sniff the playoffs IMO. And, they shouldn't , they aren't even close to being a contender..

But, the Cowboys, with "luck" of course. hahahah.. Beat the sorry ass skins. I will take that anyday.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Cowboys would've lost, would the Skins win the game with "luck"..?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote:Correct, The Cowboys aren't going to sniff the playoffs IMO. And, they shouldn't , they aren't even close to being a contender..

But, the Cowboys, with "luck" of course. hahahah.. Beat the sorry ass skins. I will take that anyday.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Cowboys would've lost, would the Skins win the game with "luck"..?
And who are you quoting dipshit?

I never said it had anything to do with "luck." I don't do excuses. You won't see me whining about the $36 million bullshit cap penalty or the refs or any of that crap.

The Redskins special teams were a fucking embarrassment, and so was the O-line, getting schooled by a bunch of no-names off the street. This is just the latest in a neverending alvalanche of humiliation for Redskins Nation. Rg3 looks better every week but in the second half he didn't look great, plenty of his passes were shit and his pocket awareness seemed to be non-existent. He also fumbles too much - this was an issue last season but it didn't affect the bottom line.

The bright spot? What are they, 2 games out of first? Stranger things have happened but they sure do look like shit now. Is Shanahan officially on the hot seat yet? Washed up out of work coaches who need a new addition to their mansion (Gruden? Cowher?) have to be licking their chops.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I was kind of hoping they'd flex the game into the Sunday night slot but I see that game is Denver VS Indy. No way that's happening.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I was kind of hoping they'd flex the game into the Sunday night slot but I see that game is Denver VS Indy. No way that's happening.
They don't "flex" this early in the season.

And yeah, no way would happen anyway. I'll be watching and so will you.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Correct, The Cowboys aren't going to sniff the playoffs IMO. And, they shouldn't , they aren't even close to being a contender..

I never said it had anything to do with "luck." I don't do excuses. You won't see me whining about the $36 million bullshit cap penalty or the refs or any of that crap.

The Redskins special teams were a fucking embarrassment, and so was the O-line, getting schooled by a bunch of no-names off the street. This is just the latest in a neverending alvalanche of humiliation for Redskins Nation. Rg3 looks better every week but in the second half he didn't look great, plenty of his passes were shit and his pocket awareness seemed to be non-existent. He also fumbles too much - this was an issue last season but it didn't affect the bottom line.

The bright spot? What are they, 2 games out of first? Stranger things have happened but they sure do look like shit now. Is Shanahan officially on the hot seat yet? Washed up out of work coaches who need a new addition to their mansion (Gruden? Cowher?) have to be licking their chops.
Speaking of special teams, what was the Skins coach doing in the prohibited "white area" of the sidelines during the return? :lol:

RG 1-4 did look decent in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half once again he looked like an injured player. That knee still is not right and the little pounding he took during the game sure did take a large toll.
I thought RG 1-4 was foolish when running the ball towards the sidelines. Instead of running out of bounds and not giving the defense a chance to hit him or his injured knee, RG 1-4 stutter stepped or tried to get that extra yard at the expense of getting hit. IDIOT!
I know he drew some late hit flags, but a smart QB would not put himself in a position to get hit in the 1st place.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Rg 1-4 doesn't even make sense, you dolt.

You deserve the Cowboys. Rom-INT will break your heart once again, ese.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Rg 1-4 doesn't even make sense, you dolt.

You deserve the Cowboys. Rom-INT will break your heart once again, ese.

Makes perfect sense. Skins and RG are 1-4 this year, DUH!!!

Time will tell what Romo does in the future, but I know last night
he was the winning QB.

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Nice INT Luck! Sooooo happy to see the Dolts lose!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: lil pp is gonna be one confused lil shit licker next week, his first football man crush is comin to town.

Go Payton go run the score up on those fuckers make it look like one of those vidya games the kids are all into.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nice game from the Bolts against a good opponent.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Jon Gruden is almost as bad as Jeff Van Gundy. Almost.
gatomike
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by gatomike »

Finally my Chargers don't embarrass San Diego on Monday Night football.A complete game and no interceptions by Rivers nice.Also against a decent Colts team but Chargers have matched up well against the Colts since Rivers as been at the helm.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Nice performance by the Chargers. Good to get a win with (largely) no-mistake football, solid defence, clock control and rushing. Nicely timed with the Jags next week too, although the Chargers aren't good enough consistently to take anything for granted.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Jon Gruden is almost as bad as Jeff Van Gundy. Almost.
The bullshit that ESPN tries to spin that he's the next John Madden is totally unbelieveable.

The way he describes plays has got to go over the heads of most of the audience, I understand you were a football coach Jon but when you start the "that was a double bananna split halfback right zone thru the interior of the flank side and they pulled it off beautifully" shit I just wish you would shut the fuck-up.

Why they keep this fucker is beyond me, please take a coaching job next year so I don't have to hear you anymore.

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

What happens to the Minnesota Vikings next year? Blaine Gabbert or Eli Manning?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:

hahaha.. Check out the skins fan.. All high and fucking mighty and brought back to reality like a sag of soggy fucking bad potatoes... Fucking love it.. " I don't use excuses and waaaa. waaaa.. " STFU.

I am just glad my shitty team is better than your shitty team..

I do apologize for the "luck" statement. I read what you typed incorrectly.. Dallas won't need luck to win the East. I don't think they will, but, if they did, it would be because the other 3 teams in the East are worse than the Cowboys..
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I was convinced that the Colts were going to be the ones to end Denver's streak until last night. Unless it's because in all their planning for next weeks game they forgot that the Chargers don't suck this year.
scarred but smarter
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

The 1st meeting between KC and Denver in 4 weeks is going to have huge implications. KC has Houston, Cleveland, Buffalo coming up. They could very well be still undefeated, as the Broncos could be, when they play each other. Super offense against super defense. What is gonna give?

BTW, I've seen some criticism (not here, surprisingly) that the Chiefs haven't played anyone. The response to that is, Denver has played the same teams. So, I guess that makes them fraudulent too.

Edit to add: KC will be coming off their bye week going into that Denver game on Nov 17.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

In an interview with Jarret Bell of USA Today, Irsay eventually boils the departure of Peyton down to one fact: Irsay preferred to chase team achievements, not individual ones.

“We’ve changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these,” Irsay said, referring to his Super Bowl XLI ring. “[Tom] Brady never had consistent numbers, but he has three of these. Pittsburgh had two, the Giants had two, Baltimore had two and we had one. That leaves you frustrated.

“You make the playoffs 11 times, and you’re out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the Star Wars numbers from Peyton and Marvin [Harrison] and Reggie [Wayne]. Mostly, you love this.”

And again, Irsay pointed to the ring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ver-stats/
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
WTF

Post by WTF »

^Brady never had consistent stats? WTF is Irsay talking about? Maybe not in the playoffs, but... http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats

My favorite GIF from the weekend:

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

WTF wrote:^Brady never had consistent stats? WTF is Irsay talking about? Maybe not in the playoffs, but... http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/careerstats
Who knows, he was drunk no doubt.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The step-father or whatever the fuck (not the murderer) of AP's son claims that AP had never met the kid before he went to the hospital.

Not trying to make light of it but it's clear AP was daddy in name only. I guess that helps explain why he didn't seem to broken up by it.

------

The “father” of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s son is trying to set the record straight — even though his relation is not biological.

Bobby Ruffin, the man who raised Peterson’s son, Tyrese Robert Ruffin, took to Facebook, saying he was angry at people expressing sympathy for Peterson, because he had never met his son before his death.

Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, the boyfriend of Tyrese’s mother, was charged last week with aggravated assault and aggravated battery and is being held on $750,000 cash bond. Prosecutors expect to ask a grand jury to consider more serious charges against Patterson in the death of the 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

“So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson s–t,” Ruffin wrote. “Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son.”

Ruffin’s diatribe continued, as he went on to say: “Yes A.P. he was the biological father, but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz [sic] him and I both found out recently who the biological father was.

“AP met my son for the first time [yesterday] when my son was already in [a] coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday. So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP s–t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but [put] yourself in my place.”

Tom Wollman, Lincoln County state’s attorney, said Tuesday he will review the recently completed autopsy findings and other reports before looking at any new charges.

“We’ll seek a grand jury review in the near future,” Wollman said.

A message left for Patterson’s attorney Tuesday was not returned, and Patterson’s mother said she didn’t want to comment.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Nice lady there. Fucks Peterson. Has a boyfriend who claims to raise the kid. Ends up with a guy who kills the kid. All in 2 years. Nice!
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Crazy Levi wrote:The step-father or whatever the fuck (not the murderer) of AP's son claims that AP had never met the kid before he went to the hospital.

Not trying to make light of it but it's clear AP was daddy in name only. I guess that helps explain why he didn't seem to broken up by it.

------

The “father” of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s son is trying to set the record straight — even though his relation is not biological.

Bobby Ruffin, the man who raised Peterson’s son, Tyrese Robert Ruffin, took to Facebook, saying he was angry at people expressing sympathy for Peterson, because he had never met his son before his death.

Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, the boyfriend of Tyrese’s mother, was charged last week with aggravated assault and aggravated battery and is being held on $750,000 cash bond. Prosecutors expect to ask a grand jury to consider more serious charges against Patterson in the death of the 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

“So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson s–t,” Ruffin wrote. “Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son.”

Ruffin’s diatribe continued, as he went on to say: “Yes A.P. he was the biological father, but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz [sic] him and I both found out recently who the biological father was.

“AP met my son for the first time [yesterday] when my son was already in [a] coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday. So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP s–t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but [put] yourself in my place.”

Tom Wollman, Lincoln County state’s attorney, said Tuesday he will review the recently completed autopsy findings and other reports before looking at any new charges.

“We’ll seek a grand jury review in the near future,” Wollman said.

A message left for Patterson’s attorney Tuesday was not returned, and Patterson’s mother said she didn’t want to comment.

Wow...fucked up shit right there. Gotta feel for this guy.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Its one thing for us on here to pile on to lil pp back when Payton was a Colt but for Irsay to come out with this shit ya gotta be kiddin me what a douchebag.

I just saw'em on ESPN talking about the upcoming game and I'll be damned if he isn't just like lil pp he was all well regardless of all the talk that's gone on we're concerned about the game itself when the game starts we're worried about 300 lbs lineman comin down on you.

Pretty sure when those games are played he's not on the field what a dickhead.

And when he's talking about how we've changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these, so does that mean he is admiting to sucking for Luck?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

sin wrote:I was convinced that the Colts were going to be the ones to end Denver's streak until last night. Unless it's because in all their planning for next weeks game they forgot that the Chargers don't suck this year.
2 things. That Colts/Broncos game is an impossible ticket. And the Bears are a 1 point dog in Washington this Sunday.

What does Vegas know?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I told you before, fuck Vegas.