The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Bludegeon wrote:Fuck, even in a loss, Romo is mentioned. Dude is on his couch at home, yet, he still gets mentioned in a loss. LOL. The guy can't win.... At anything.
Well...that happens when the backup QB "pulls a Romo" to blow the game. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

BLACK MONDAY

The Browns firing Chud after one season was a bit of a shock, but I'm not going to rally around a 4-12 coach.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

BLACK MONDAY

The Browns firing Chud after one season was a bit of a shock, but I'm not going to rally around a 4-12 coach.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Tymaster wrote:BLACK MONDAY

Same old Browns, can't be a consistent winner, without a consistent coaching staff.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I wouldn't blame a first year coach for all of it. There's a reason Joe Banner isn't in Philadelphia anymore.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I wouldn't blame a first year coach for all of it. There's a reason Joe Banner isn't in Philadelphia anymore.
A top ten defense, signs of promise in the receivers, and until Brian Hoyer got injured, signs of promise in the QB. Hoyer was the best QB in the division when he was starting. But firing the coach will fix everything.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

So far Cleveland, Washington, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Detroit have sacked their coaches today...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Well,

That was a lot more closer than I thought it was going to be.

More bummed the actual season is about done than Dallas losing.. Such the same from this team. Completely wasted performance by the Defense of Dallas..

Yeah, it stings a bit. How could it not? But, it is what it is..

8-8 once again. Another year of talent this team does have wasted.

And, still nothing will change. For us Cowboys fans, that sucks royally..

Good times for the rest of the NFL fans. The Cowboys will non existent and the laughing stock of the NFL for years to come. Ain't changing until Jones is gone. ALL OF EM.

Yes, I am and still will always be a Cowboys fan. It's in the blood.. It's also insane..

Gave the eagles and their fans a scare there for a moment. Fuck, even in a loss, Romo is mentioned. Dude is on his couch at home, yet, he still gets mentioned in a loss. LOL. The guy can't win.... At anything.

Cowboys fans are like Skins and Raider fans now...

"Oh well, there is always next season"...

Fuck.

Time to fire Garrett.
Three consecutive seasons at 8-8 is mediocre.
Time for a change.
I'm afraid if his services are retained the team will once again
be mediocre.
Garrett had more than enough opportunities to take this team to a
higher level and he failed.

Monte Kiffin also has to go. Was a major mistake to hire that man in the first place.

Jerry Jones needs to surround himself with people that are able to make
better decisions than he can for the team.
Not sure if that will ever happen but the coaching staff needs a major overhaul.

Romo was not to blame for the 8-8 season
Neither was Orton
Neither was Witten or just about everybody on offense.

Defense played very well last night for a group ranked last in the NFL.
The D matched up very well against the Eagles and were able to
get more than a few 3 and outs.
Too bad the offense failed on multiple drives to take advantage.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote: Three consecutive seasons at 8-8 is mediocre.
In a lifetime of Machadoisms, this may be the Machadoest!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:
Machado wrote: Three consecutive seasons at 8-8 is mediocre.
In a lifetime of Machadoisms, this may be the Machadoest!
What is your problem?
You enjoy taking words out of context and making them out
to be something they are not.
Furthermore, was I directing my post to you?
Are you a Dallas fan, speaking about Dallas, wanting to discuss the 2013 season, etc....?
If yes, then get your shit together.
If not, move along.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote: What is your problem?
You enjoy taking words out of context and making them out
to be something they are not.
Furthermore, was I directing my post to you?
Are you a Dallas fan, speaking about Dallas, wanting to discuss the 2013 season, etc....?
If yes, then get your shit together.
If not, move along.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd prefer to talk about my M.A.S.H unit.

SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Best quote: "I love how Tony Romo just somehow took over Kyle Orton's body and caused him to choke. It's like that old show Quantum Leap!"

:lol:

Seriously though, The Eagles need to pull their shit together.
Eagles need to work on defense and protecting Foles, Dallas actually did a good job of pressuring him. Now bring on the Saints I hope its a snowstorm this Sat in Philly lol Drew cant throw well in the cold.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

From USA Today:

"It was ironic this game ended with a Tony Romo-esque, late-game mistake on a night when Orton stepped in and played well subbing for the $108-million star, who underwent Friday surgery for a herniated disk suffered in last Sunday's comeback against the Washington Redskins."

"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

In breaking news, Aaron Rodgers plays for the PACKERS. :D

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:From USA Today:

"It was ironic this game ended with a Tony Romo-esque, late-game mistake on a night when Orton stepped in and played well subbing for the $108-million star, who underwent Friday surgery for a herniated disk suffered in last Sunday's comeback against the Washington Redskins."

Machado will just call USA TODAY ignorant Dallas haters who know nothing.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:The guy can't win.... At anything.
Finally, a Cowboy fan admits it!

Actually while surfing the Cowboy's forums I noticed the majority of fans was tired of RomoChoke and his contract. Kind of refreshing to see they didn't all have Machado's sickness.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Bummer for the Steelers... Then again, who knows if Succop would have made an easier FG?

NFL admits error on Kansas City Chiefs' FG attempt

The NFL has admitted an officiating error in Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs-San Diego Chargers game that played a role in determining the league's playoff field.

"With 0:08 remaining in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers, Kansas City faced a fourth-and-12 from the San Diego 23. The Chiefs attempted a 41-yard field that was no good," the league said in a statement.

"On the play, San Diego lined up with seven men on one side of the snapper. This should have been penalized as an illegal formation by the defense.

"Rule 9, Section 1, Article 3(b)(1) of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that 'No more than six Team B players may be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper at the snap.' The rule was adopted this year as a player safety measure.

"The penalty for illegal formation by the defense is a loss of five yards. This rule is not subject to instant replay review. Had the penalty been assessed, it would have resulted in a fourth-and-7 from the San Diego 18 with 0:04 remaining, enabling the Chiefs to attempt a 36-yard field goal."

There's no guarantee that Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop would have connected on the 36-yard field-goal attempt. But if the correct call was made and Succop connected on the re-kick, the Chargers would have lost the game and the Pittsburgh Steelers would be preparing to play in Cincinnati this weekend.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... fg-attempt
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:The guy can't win.... At anything.
Finally, a Cowboy fan admits it!

Actually while surfing the Cowboy's forums I noticed the majority of fans was tired of RomoChoke and his contract. Kind of refreshing to see they didn't all have Machado's sickness.

I'm ready for Dallas to be Romo-less. And, I have been for years now. But, the ego that is Skeletor Jones isn't going to see that happen. Romo will in Dallas for another 5-6 years. Dallas will pass on some would be good rook QB's and the talking will remain the same in Dallas, and it's players. Just talk..
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

Luminiferous wrote:Bummer for the Steelers... Then again, who knows if Succop would have made an easier FG?

The NFL has admitted an officiating error in Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs-San Diego Chargers game that played a role in determining the league's playoff field.

"With 0:08 remaining in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers, Kansas City faced a fourth-and-12 from the San Diego 23. The Chiefs attempted a 41-yard field that was no good," the league said in a statement.

"On the play, San Diego lined up with seven men on one side of the snapper. This should have been penalized as an illegal formation by the defense.

"Rule 9, Section 1, Article 3(b)(1) of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that 'No more than six Team B players may be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper at the snap.' The rule was adopted this year as a player safety measure.

"The penalty for illegal formation by the defense is a loss of five yards. This rule is not subject to instant replay review. Had the penalty been assessed, it would have resulted in a fourth-and-7 from the San Diego 18 with 0:04 remaining, enabling the Chiefs to attempt a 36-yard field goal."

There's no guarantee that Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop would have connected on the 36-yard field-goal attempt. But if the correct call was made and Succop connected on the re-kick, the Chargers would have lost the game and the Pittsburgh Steelers would be preparing to play in Cincinnati this weekend.
Eh, as a life long Chargers fan I'm satisfied with stealing the #6 seed. Now someone else (Steeler's fans) can feel the kick in the nuts like we did last year when Ray Rice converted that 4th and forever.

nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

*flick* wrote:Eh, as a life long Chargers fan I'm satisfied with stealing the #6 seed.
Since you're the first Chargers fan I've heard from, let me ask ya flick, how do you feel about your team's chances of going forth after struggling against pretty much the second string and backups of a team that it took overtime to beat?
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Hey, no bashing flick just yet. Besides Utah's, that's the most entertaining post I've seen here in awhile.
scarred but smarter
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

I'd never bash flick, I was just wondering what his thoughts were..

Just that was not a pretty showing by the Chargers yesterday..
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Luminiferous wrote:I'd never bash flick, I was just wondering what his thoughts were..

That's a shitty fucking most embarrassing win since the Tuck Rule and if I was the Chargers owner I'd overturn the playoff to the rightful owners. The Steelers!

But hey, if the Chargers beat Denver again I'll accept the leagues apology and say they made the right call.

As of right now I'm cool with everyone in the playoffs except the Donkey's and anyone who beats them will be my favorite team. In fact I'll suck the cocks of everyone on the team who beats Denver. I'll just pretend I'm Colin Kaepernick.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:I'm ready for Dallas to be Romo-less. And, I have been for years now. But, the ego that is Skeletor Jones isn't going to see that happen. Romo will in Dallas for another 5-6 years. Dallas will pass on some would be good rook QB's and the talking will remain the same in Dallas, and it's players. Just talk..

Dallas are the new Raiders. it's no secret Jerry and Al Davis were good friends and Davis rubbed off on Jerry. They both took the same approach and controlling power over their teams. Al Davis was great, knew football and talent till age turned him totally insane. Jerry doesn't know Football but his ego like Davis wont allow anyone else to make the calls. Basically, Jerry Jones is Al Davis, the over controlling Davis who went bat shit crazy over decade ago.

Dallas fans are stuck in the same Black Hole Raider fans were....Mediocrity of sucking until the death of it's owner do they part.

Look at Dallas:
A forever damaged QB on the down side with a long guaranteed MEGA contract
A forever damaged budging disk star WR Dez I'm not Calvin Johnson
An old on his way out star TE...Witten, woton, wankin?
No Rb to count on, unless you like the inconstant fumbler
Major defensive issues
OL issues
Coaching staff should be fired but probably wont because the owner has a brain virus.
I'm guessing, cap issues now.

They have, I mean had talent. Dallas should have been winning division titles and playoff games over the last 5 to 7 years but their staff, system, choking QB and owner failed now they're a broken team on the down who's future is possibly fucked and they can't even enter a rebuilding phase.

Dallas conclusion: No where to go but down

Enjoy the ride bitches, Dallas Cowboy's...Americas team, everyone loves to fail.
gatomike

Post by gatomike »

Luminiferous wrote:
*flick* wrote:Eh, as a life long Chargers fan I'm satisfied with stealing the #6 seed.
Since you're the first Chargers fan I've heard from, let me ask ya flick, how do you feel about your team's chances of going forth after struggling against pretty much the second string and backups of a team that it took overtime to beat?
I'm a San Diego fan from and living in San Diego Chargers always make me nervous and they have played bad against shitty teams and have a history of being chokers when it counts most.That being said most of the games were close this year and most of the ones they lost could of went in there favor.They also beat the Eagles,Broncos in Denver,Cheifs starters in KC,and the Colts who are all in the Playoffs.

They did lose against Cinci but the game was close.They have not lost against any team twice this year but Cinci has won all there home games.They did beat Denver and KC at home but KC has gone down hill in December.

The main thing its hard for them have a complete game but for some reason Rivers does well in December.Young coaching staff and lots of young players who have not been to the playoffs worries me.

Also there are bad calls all the time Chargers have been victims to more the one it does not help anybody for the NFL to say they fucked up the next day on certain calls and not admit it on others.Also one call does not make a whole game either team had there chances to build a bigger lead.

Not to mention the Steelers and Chargers should not have had to rely on anybody else to lose to be in a position clinch on the last game.There were 15 other games to get that shit sowed up.

Also I remember a divisional game where Rivers was out the whole second half and LT was out and the Chargers went on to beat a Peyton Manning led colts in Indy with backups plus Gates was injured.So it's not like the backups are always a bunch of scrubs the Colts were a tuff team then with plenty of playoff experience and had won the superbowl the previous year.
*flick*

Post by *flick* »

Luminiferous wrote:
The Chargers have always played to their competition's level. Swept the Chefs and beat the Donkeys at Donkeyland. Held the Donkeys to their lowest scoring game of the year and 3rd lowest (20 and 28). Lost to the Bengals by a touchdown. Similar record on the road as at home. Rivers always plays lights out in December, but December is almost over. They historically have always had trouble in Cincinnati in the cold. They have taken Manning out of the playoffs a few times when he was in Indy.

Look at the Ravens last year, they needed a 4th down prayer to win against the Chargers to even get into playoff position and then an unexplainable/inexcusable blown coverage by Denver to win that game. Hell, the Chargers have won four in a row, maybe they have four more in them. Those recent Championship Giant's teams were lead by a retarded Int slinging QB and they had no business winning. So I guess that's why the games are played.

My brain tells me one and done. But my heart says they could beat the Bengals, have and could again beat the Donkeys and could beat the Patriots (I'm putting them in the AFC Championship game early).
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
gatomike

Post by gatomike »

UtahRatt wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:I'd never bash flick, I was just wondering what his thoughts were..

That's a shitty fucking most embarrassing win since the Tuck Rule and if I was the Chargers owner I'd overturn the playoff to the rightful owners. The Steelers!

But hey, if the Chargers beat Denver again I'll accept the leagues apology and say they made the right call.

As of right now I'm cool with everyone in the playoffs except the Donkey's and anyone who beats them will be my favorite team. In fact I'll suck the cocks of everyone on the team who beats Denver. I'll just pretend I'm Colin Kaepernick.
Chargers have knocked Manning out of the playoffs twice and Rivers owns him in big games and like you said they already beat them at home this year.He does not want to see them in Denver.So you might as well got on your knees if they end up going back to Denver.I'm sure Manti would be down.

Also the Chargers already beat KC starters in KC,the Eagles,The Colts and The Broncos in Denver all playoff teams this year.I know that the Steelers beat a Rodger less Greenbay and one other playoff this year which was the Bangles once and started O and 4.Both teams should of had it taken care of prior to the last game where they had to rely on other teams losing and Refs not fucking calls up like they always do in the NFL.Not to mention Chargers lost way too many games to shitty teams that they should of beat,but were use to that in San Diego.
Last edited by gatomike on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*flick*

Post by *flick* »

Forgot this:

I don't care what anybody says, Von Miller's injury is this year's most significant for the playoffs.
gatomike

Post by gatomike »

*flick* wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:
The Chargers have always played to their competition's level. Swept the Chefs and beat the Donkeys at Donkeyland. Held the Donkeys to their lowest scoring game of the year and 3rd lowest (20 and 28). Lost to the Bengals by a touchdown. Similar record on the road as at home. Rivers always plays lights out in December, but December is almost over. They historically have always had trouble in Cincinnati in the cold. They have taken Manning out of the playoffs a few times when he was in Indy.

Look at the Ravens last year, they needed a 4th down prayer to win against the Chargers to even get into playoff position and then an unexplainable/inexcusable blown coverage by Denver to win that game. Hell, the Chargers have won four in a row, maybe they have four more in them. Those recent Championship Giant's teams were lead by a retarded Int slinging QB and they had no business winning. So I guess that's why the games are played.

My brain tells me one and done. But my heart says they could beat the Bengals, have and could again beat the Donkeys and could beat the Patriots (I'm putting them in the AFC Championship game early).

Chargers don't want to see Pats in the AFC championship though or any playoff game.Rivers has never beat a Tom Brady led Pats.Pasties knocked them out of the Divisonal game in the 2006 season and the AFC championship game in 2007 season.Both games were pretty close and Lt and was basically out of that 2007 season game and Rivers and Gates were both beat up and they kept it close but still they have had no luck against them.But anything can happen.A beat up Chargers team held it close with a Patriots team in Foxborugh that did not lose tell the superbowl.

Lots more pressure was on them to win in the 2006,2007 and 2009 season when they had better records and arguably better teams.But will see anybody can win in the playoffs now and there is so much parody in the NFL which is why it's the best sport.The Champions from the last two years The Ravens and The Giants have not even made the playoffs this year.Also every year there is teams that have never made it and main stays that don't make it.I would not bet on the Chargers to go to superbowl but it's not impossible.It's usually the teams with the better records that are one and done or a team with a bye not a team that got hot at the end and slipped in.I remember in 2009 when they were 13 and 3 and had won 10 in a row.They probably overlooked the Jets and lost.Same thing can happen in Cinci if the Bangles are not careful.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Luminiferous wrote:Bummer for the Steelers... Then again, who knows if Succop would have made an easier FG?

No excuse for missing that alignment.
All the officials should be fined and disciplined.

Just one more reason why "instant replay" should be allowed on every single play.
Why not?
Dedicated officials might have seen the play for what it was.