The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:sure. why not? since when does a player get to remain in the game because there is time left on the clock? that is a weak excuse. your opinion is just as bad as the officials who swallowed the whistle on each play.
WTF is your point around here besides being negative?

when was the last time you had an original thought?
like i have written before, you are not funny. your jokes get zero laughs.
don't blame the rest of sludge for the fact that you call Utah home. not our problem.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Browns have a huge problem on their hands. He cares more about his twitter followers and not enough about the other 52 guys and coaches on the team

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was involved in a fight in downtown Cleveland early Saturday.

The Cleveland Police Department's report stated that Manziel was approached by a fan named Chris Gonos who says he was assaulted by the rookie quarterback and "his entourage." The incident was reported at 2:36 a.m. from the Metropolitan at The 9 hotel in Cleveland. The report does not indicate that police made any arrests.

"Nonetheless, the time of the incident is concerning to us," Farmer said. "We continually stress to all our players the importance of sound decision-making in an effort to avoid putting themselves in these types of situations. We have addressed this appropriately with the player and will have no further comment at this time."
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:
Machado wrote:
sure. why not? since when does a player get to remain in the game because there is time left on the clock? that is a weak excuse. your opinion is just as bad as the officials who swallowed the whistle on each play.
Dude, I'm a Patriots fan. Raiola will get his due from someone else, including the league when they see his crap. The Pats got this:

"I'm sure there was a lot of frustration there from Raiola. That was obvious," Belichick said at his Monday press conference. "He's never beaten us. He had a tough day in there dealing with (Vince) Wilfork and (Dont'a) Hightower and those guys."

The Patriots have won all four regular-season meetings between the two teams since Raiola was drafted in 2001.

Belichick also called out two other Detroit players.

"We saw a lot of that at the end of the game -- (Tahir) Whitehead on (LeGarrette) Blount's touchdown, (C.J.) Mosley on the personal foul on the field goal."

Mosley leveled Patriots long snapper, a protected player, Danny Aiken on a late field-goal attempt
Once the Lions blew up the long snapper, the made FG was taken off the board and NE had the ball on the 1 yard line. First and goal.
Pats had every right to give themselves 3 tries to score a TD instead of taking a knee.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:Miami - Are the Fish really that good. At 6-5 I'm surprised, they could easily have a few more wins and that 1st round draft pick QB Tannehill is putting together a solid season in his 3rd year.
Yesterday was typical Miami just handing the game away, they get a lead and think it's over, their D couldn't tackle for shit and let some no name look like jim brown, They'll make you think they're good one week then shit the bed the next, Tannehill and Landry looked like the only ones who gave a shit yesterday.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:
kylel wrote:Hahahaha. I love the NFC South division this year.. All of those losses with the Panthers having a bye was great.. I just need Saints to lose tonight and I will be happy..

I think the Saints win big tonight and win most of their remaining games. I bite my tongue saying that with a suspect D but I believe the Saints take the West and will have it sewed up with a few games left.

If the Saints don't win tonight.....Fuck that entire weak division. I hope Tampa runs the table and makes it in.

:lol:

Got your wish.
Looks like the Panthers have their shot or Tampa is running the table. Saints suspect D has been confirmed as shitty. NFC South - Every team in the entire division has been minus in point differential for most of the season except for the Saints for a couple weeks. Saints are currently +2.

Atlanta's only 4 wins are Division wins so they have a leg up. Atlanta's schedule is tough, Panthers is soft. Watch that Panther TIE be the deciding factor. I wonder how many Hot Seats are in the division.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Started 0-4 in fanatasy this year. Went 7-1 after that and made playoffs. I'm way too excited about this.

Back to real football now.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I am the Raiders of fantasy football. I finally get invited to join my bosses (the shops) fantasy league and the only person I am beating is his wife.
scarred but smarter
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

UtahRatt wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
kylel wrote:Hahahaha. I love the NFC South division this year.. All of those losses with the Panthers having a bye was great.. I just need Saints to lose tonight and I will be happy..

I think the Saints win big tonight and win most of their remaining games. I bite my tongue saying that with a suspect D but I believe the Saints take the West and will have it sewed up with a few games left.

If the Saints don't win tonight.....Fuck that entire weak division. I hope Tampa runs the table and makes it in.

Got your wish.
Looks like the Panthers have their shot or Tampa is running the table. Saints suspect D has been confirmed as shitty. NFC South - Every team in the entire division has been minus in point differential for most of the season except for the Saints for a couple weeks. Saints are currently +2.

Atlanta's only 4 wins are Division wins so they have a leg up. Atlanta's schedule is tough, Panthers is soft. Watch that Panther TIE be the deciding factor. I wonder how many Hot Seats are in the division.

Yep, I was pretty happy about that game last night. Ol Smitty kept us alive lol.. Now I just hope the Panthers can do something with this second chance..
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

eddie lee roth wrote: Um hello he was kicked off the team under Tomlin explain to me how Belichick would of handled it any differently?

The Patriots have been called for more penalties than Pittsburgh. And please don't tell me how it's some conspiracy, cover up, look the other way BS about Big Ben that you're bringing up as far as off the field issues. Where is the court case? And Tomlin has yet to draft anybody that has killed somebody.

If you still want to argue about Tomlin or the Steelers than you're just nitpicking shit cause that's nothing to be ashamed about.
Belichick would have had him scoring 2 touchdowns that game, like on Sunday!!! Just kidding, kind of. Belichick gets results from players on a much more successful and consistent scale. Are we really going to compare Mike Tomlin to Bill Belichick? We could compare Chuck Noll and Bill Belichick, but Tomlin isn't anywhere close to Belichick's league.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I consider Belichick to be the best coach in the league by far Tomlin isn't anywhere the coach Belichick is.

I might of misread your earlier post. I didn't really get the whole Tomlin's team aren't disciplined remark so I was just comparing that to the amount of penalties called on the patriots.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Best coach right now? Hell, I'd say all time.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I wouldn't argue with that. The greats of the past didn't have to deal with a salary cap.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Or free agency.
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Belichick traded a hall of fame wr to the vikings because he didn't want a diminished role. Why? Because he already had the next offense set, Gronk and Hernandez with Green-ellis as RB. And when it came to light the Hernandez' came from a long line of illustrious gangbangers no problem, fit another couple mini-me's in and draft Lafell. Next man up.

And then Moss, Randy Moss, complimented Belichick on the way out the door lol.

"I resign as the HC of the NYJ"

Greatest of all modern coaches.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Lafell was a free agent signing from Carolina.
Blizzard of Cos

Gritt wrote:Lafell was a free agent signing from Carolina.
Thank you for correcting me, I was thinking Dobson. Again, pick up a key free agent at a decent price. Guy never looks like a deer in the headlights like Wrecks or Mike Smith. It helps to have a good owner to boot.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The thing that amazes me is that one game they pound a running back 40 times and the next they throw every down. His game by game planning is so wonderful.
Blizzard of Cos

Gritt wrote:The thing that amazes me is that one game they pound a running back 40 times and the next they throw every down. His game by game planning is so wonderful.
That's why he left the jets, he knew johnson was coming in after hess died and would doofus it up. He knew Kraft would say "what do you need from me to make it work, and I'll get out of the way." Two guys who probably do handshake deals.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Both Geno Smith and Colt McCoy have been told they will start at QB this Sunday.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

AFC North!
That is all.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

eddie lee roth wrote:Both Geno Smith and Colt McCoy have been told they will start at QB this Sunday.
I am not in favor of this move (McCoy). Unadulterated buffoonery as usual.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

UtahRatt wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Got your wish.

There is a very real possibility of winning this division, hosting a playoff game, and being fired. Actually, I'd say Lovie's job is the only 100% safe one because he's on year one.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Tymaster wrote:AFC North!
That is all.
Eh. They're playing the NFC South this year.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
That is all.
They also have the AFC South this year which is almost as awful. Still, no division has EVER had all four teams at three games above .500. It's going to be a dog fight to win that division. It's what everyone thought the NFC West was going to be. From here on out, AFC North intra-divisional games are essentially playoff games. Probably looking at 10-6 teams and 9-7 teams staying home. It would take nearly complete collapses from any of the four teams to finish at 8-8 with 7-4 records going into the homestretch. That tie Cincinnati had could come back to be deciding factor - and that could be good or bad. This week it's the only reason they are number one. In a week or two that very tie could cause them to drop to last place in the division.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
That is all.
They also have the AFC South this year which is almost as awful. Still, no division has EVER had all four teams at three games above .500. It's going to be a dog fight to win that division. It's what everyone thought the NFC West was going to be. From here on out, AFC North intra-divisional games are essentially playoff games. Probably looking at 10-6 teams and 9-7 teams staying home. It would take nearly complete collapses from any of the four teams to finish at 8-8 with 7-4 records going into the homestretch. That tie Cincinnati had could come back to be deciding factor - and that could be good or bad. This week it's the only reason they are number one. In a week or two that very tie could cause them to drop to last place in the division.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Gritt wrote:Best coach right now? Hell, I'd say all time.
Whoa I respect Belichick and all but I don't think he's even close to being the greatest ever, Of his era def but Walsh, Lombardi, Shula, all those guys are well ahead of Bill IMO, and like it or not spygate will always factor into his legacy, it may not be fair but there will always be those who'll bring up the fact that He's 0-2 in SB's since that scandal.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Tymaster wrote: There is a very real possibility of winning this division, hosting a playoff game, and being fired. Actually, I'd say Lovie's job is the only 100% safe one because he's on year one.
Mike Smith is gone, no matter what. The Falcons have underachieved for far too long, one playoff win. That resume would work for the Bengals though, it's more than Marvin Lewis can say. Sean Payton and his vicodin habit will be secure though.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

AliceManson wrote:
Tymaster wrote: There is a very real possibility of winning this division, hosting a playoff game, and being fired. Actually, I'd say Lovie's job is the only 100% safe one because he's on year one.
Mike Smith is gone, no matter what. The Falcons have underachieved for far too long, one playoff win. That resume would work for the Bengals though, it's more than Marvin Lewis can say. Sean Payton and his vicodin habit will be secure though.
He's precisely the coach I'm thinking about. Atlanta has the best chance of stealing that division (arguably) but I think he's fired either way.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

dtmfs wrote:
Gritt wrote:Best coach right now? Hell, I'd say all time.
Whoa I respect Belichick and all but I don't think he's even close to being the greatest ever, Of his era def but Walsh, Lombardi, Shula, all those guys are well ahead of Bill IMO, and like it or not spygate will always factor into his legacy, it may not be fair but there will always be those who'll bring up the fact that He's 0-2 in SB's since that scandal.
Walsh, Shula, and Lombardi didn't have to deal with the salary cap or free agency.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Gritt wrote: Walsh, Shula, and Lombardi didn't have to deal with the salary cap or free agency.
no, but those guys dealt with strikes and other shit, Shula had to deal with losing 3 of his best players to a rival league right after winning 2/3 super bowls, completely changed that era and in 30+ years of coaching dude still only had like 2-3 losing seasons and his wins record is next to impossible to catch. As said before no one is even close to BB in the modern era and He is a future HOFer but I think he blew his chance of being mentioned with the other guys.