The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:

Not fanactical, nore do I need a sports bottle with a pacifier lid on it. I just stated I would've been pissed on that play as well. Do I condone it? No. Can I do anything about it? No.. Do I care if he is pissy? No. Do I care if he is not pissy? No.

When they win, I am happy. When they Lose? Well, yeah, gimme the sports bottle. As long as there is some liquor in it..

Don't put me in the same category as other Cowboys fans in here. I am not even close to the same as that.
Utah lives on fantasy island. Its amazing how much he talks about a team that he dislikes so much. Its amusing to me how the "haters" here were so upset and shocked that Dallas won a game on the road.
These clowns search and search for any "infraction" on a Dallas player and they all question their motives.
Dez wants to win. He was open. Was not thrown the ball. Utah, should Dez be ecstatic he was not thrown the ball on that play or is it ok to show passion for wanting to win and be the man will the ball in his hands?

I personally will enjoy this victory, while Levi takes the week off(in shame)
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I actually feel bad for D. Murray and his status on the Eagles. You have to think that Chip Kelly told him all the right things and Murray actually trusted the guy. Then you look at how many carries he has so far this season and you wonder who made the biggest mistake
Murray for going after the money
Kelly lying to Murray about how many touches he would get per game
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

I don't necessarily feel bad for him but you have to wonder what is going on in Philly with how much the players Kelly got rid of hate him.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Elway is doing his best using Brock to secure a first week bye for Manning in playoffs

He will return toss 3ints first half, be booed from 70,000 and get the hell out of Denver next night
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I feel as bad as for Murray as He feels for Dallas being in the shitter.

Which, is not feeling bad at all. Like he doesn't give two fucks about Dallas. I don't give a shit how he doing on his new team.

Fuck him
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:I actually feel bad for D. Murray and his status on the Eagles. You have to think that Chip Kelly told him all the right things and Murray actually trusted the guy. Then you look at how many carries he has so far this season and you wonder who made the biggest mistake
Murray for going after the money
Kelly lying to Murray about how many touches he would get per game
Fuck Murray, he wanted to be paid so he got a check. What he should have done was give a good chunk of that check to the Cowboy's O-Line.

"Kelly lying to Murry about touches?" "he trusted the guy!"
Are you on acid? What dream world do you live in? Where do you come up with this shit Oprah?
Murray hasn't done much with the 150+ he's received. Ryan Mathews ran like a beast but Mathews can't stay healthy. It should have been, Ryan Mathews with Murray as his back up or a dual back. It's not like their offense is a power running game but they've done OK. Kind of hard running the ball playing from behind.

If I feel sorry for anyone it's the Eagles fans. Letting everyone go including LeSean McCoy to give Murray a payday was stupid. No one on this planet even sports writers thought Murray was going to be a stud. Except for Dallas fans when he was in Dallas but once Murray left even they knew he wasn't going to lead the league, he'd be lucky to lead the division.

Chip's moves are like he's on bath salts. He's dismantled a good team and created a mess. The whole division is a mess. From the owners and coaches down to the teams and players they're the joke of the league.

I hope LeSean runs all over the Eagles then like he said, walks across the field and doesn't shake Chip's hand.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... snt-right/

Anybody else hear about the "unfunny joke" Staubach told in front of a crowd that included Roger Goodell the other night?
:shock:

Goodell laughing tells me he still could care less about player safety. He could have taken a stand, walked out of the room or just not laughed, but he chuckled and chuckled and seemed to think the joke was just fine.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Geeze, fuck's sake, it was a JOKE..

Man up pussy..

No wonder the pussification is strong in this country..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Geeze, fuck's sake, it was a JOKE..

Man up pussy..

I don't mind so much that Staubach made the joke or the crowd was laughing, but Goodell has no reason to laugh at all.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Geeze, fuck's sake, it was a JOKE..

Man up pussy..

I don't mind so much that Staubach made the joke or the crowd was laughing, but Goodell has no reason to laugh at all.

Why? It was a joke that Staubach said about himself. It wasn't against anyone else..
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

12-0!!
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

LAglamrocker wrote:Elway is doing his best using Brock to secure a first week bye for Manning in playoffs

He will return toss 3ints first half, be booed from 70,000 and get the hell out of Denver next night

Yeah, if they insist on handing the starting job back to Peyton... makes no sense to do it until the playoffs. If the Broncos manage to get a first round bye, that would set him up two wins away from the Super Bowl. John Elway has a tough decision ahead. Will he go with his gut? ...or with his heart? I suspect that Brock will manage to suffer a "ghost injury" in week 16 that will cause him to be listed as "questionable" for the first playoff game... enough to where Manning gets the start.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Please, the kid is the future you let him get all the play off experience he can before he starts choking. Then you bring out THE Manning to save your playoff hopes.
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

So the cowboys are 4-9 and still alive in the division?

I still think 9-7 makes it in the end. One of these teams will win their last three.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

First place in the NFC East: Washington Redskins
Last place in the entire NFC: Dallas Cowboys

I'm loving every second of this.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:First place in the NFC East: Washington Redskins
Last place in the entire NFC: Dallas Cowboys

I'm loving every second of this.
All of a sudden you are a flag waving Skins fan. Let me guess, your fantasy team scored you some points. What a pussy!
Rooting for individual players so they can score you some points.
Dec 7, 2015
Dallas 19
Skins 16
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

All of a sudden? Whatever.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

http://deadspin.com/oh-god-the-afc-sout ... 1747821060

Should the NFL take a cue from the NBA and abolish Divisions?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Rainbow Bright wrote:http://deadspin.com/oh-god-the-afc-sout ... 1747821060

I'm guessing you mean that a division winner doesn't automatically get a top four seed. If that's what you're saying then I agree. I would have no problem with a division winner being seeded behind a wild card with a better record.

Speaking of the Jags, I really like what they're building down there. I think they may be pretty stout in the next couple of years.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

So I guess Matt Hasslebeck is out of the running for comeback player of the year?

The Colts fuckin' suck. But so do the Texans. I maintain that division is worse than the NFC East.

The AFC South has two teams who are currently guaranteed losing records.

The NFC East has only one, the Cowboys of course.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

So fucking embarrassing being a Cowboys fan this season. What a pathetic showing yesterday. Not that I should be , or was surprised.

Wondering when Dez starts returning some of the 70 million he has stolen from the Cowboys. Dude is a fucking mess. Way to hold out like a prick, then get injured, then bring nothing to the team this season. Jackass..

Another year, another failed season. Nice job Cowboys.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Peyton back awesome, Chiefs will win AFC West now
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote:So fucking embarrassing being a Cowboys fan this season. What a pathetic showing yesterday. Not that I should be , or was surprised.

Wondering when Dez starts returning some of the 70 million he has stolen from the Cowboys. Dude is a fucking mess. Way to hold out like a prick, then get injured, then bring nothing to the team this season. Jackass..

How much of that 70 million is guaranteed?

Next season will be more of the same for Cowboys fans. Big contracts for aging vets as they go "all in" one more time for Balsa Wood Romo.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:So fucking embarrassing being a Cowboys fan this season. What a pathetic showing yesterday. Not that I should be , or was surprised.

How much of that 70 million is guaranteed?

Next season will be more of the same for Cowboys fans. Big contracts for aging vets as they go "all in" one more time for Balsa Wood Romo.
I am not sure. But, that butterfingers should be giving back some cash IMO.

And, yep, more of the same.. Can't deny that. Won't change until the Jones family is done with the Cowboys.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Buy bye Bungles.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:So I guess Matt Hasslebeck is out of the running for comeback player of the year?

The Colts fuckin' suck. But so do the Texans. I maintain that division is worse than the NFC East.

The AFC South has two teams who are currently guaranteed losing records.

The NFC East has only one, the Cowboys of course.

:lol:

Where did this AFC South thing come about?

A few weeks ago the NFC LEAST was agreeably and clearly the worst division in football even you admitted it. But when the Giants went on a sucking streak and the SKINS took over first place oddly you went out of the blue and started pointing fingers and bringing up the AFC SOUTH?
You flip flop every week. It will be 9 wins, ok it could be 8, ok this division suck, I bet 9 wins win it.

Both Divisions suck with the East sucking on a laughable level, lead changes, Burrito Sanchez to Tim Teabow, Dallas sideline drama, RGII, Giants choking, no one wants to win, funny as fuck Kick Return to lose a game, Dallas choking in Philly, it's like watching the Keystone Cops.
The AFC South is in rebuilding and starting to show something, not like the Eagles who dismantle every year.

I'd take a healthy Luck, Bortles or Mariota over any QB if the NFC EAST. Jag's have scored more points then anyone in the N-East including the lowly SKINS who luckily beat the lowly Bears. They lead the division and its their first road win.

There's several more "better than average teams" in the AFC making the road harder. Even the Titans have lost 5 game under 3 points or less with their Rookie. They could easily be doing much better. The Jags have a good foundation, The Texans can't find a QB like half the league but have a better Defense then anyone in the Least Division.
The NFC East is a joke, you've said it, even sports writers laugh about it. The AFC south rebuilding phase is getting better.

The top 3 AFC South teams are 3-2 in the last 5, same can't be said about the NFC Least. 3-2, 2-3, 1-4

It just sounded kind of odd when the Giants had control you was all over your division hate then the moment the Skins lead you start laughing at the AFC South......Like, ok, where did that come from.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tymaster wrote:Buy bye Bungles.

Like a lot of people said......Win in the playoffs or late in the season before I buy what they're selling.

-------------

Saying every week, not worried with their losses, I think it's official Seattle is back to top team status. 4 game win streak changes a lot. I still don't think they're as good as they've been the last two years but I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. A long shot at the Division but to go in as a Wild Card without home field might take some steam out.
I hope the Pack stay the higher seed and we get to watch a Seattle vs Panthers game.

---------------------------

Panthers, can't wait to see them vs Seattle or a healthier Packer team in the Playoffs and prove a point. Panthers played both the Hawks and Packs during their losing streaks. One thing I like about the panthers, even if most of their opponents suck, they've been stomping them in the ground...They Destroyed the NFC EAST. And got nothing but suck teams left in the way. Giants, Falcons and Tampa.......College schedule, it's going to be fun watching them win out and face playoff teams. I have some rooting for the Panthers. But think at most the NFC Championship game, one win isn't a stretch.

I'd like to see the format changed.

-----------------------------------

Giants in a tough back n forth battle vs the FISH...A battle with the FISH.......Giants couldn't stop the pass if they tried.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:Giants in a tough back n forth battle vs the FISH...A battle with the FISH.......Giants couldn't stop the pass if they tried.
The dolphins have no heart whatsoever, and Tannehill needs to fucking run more, towards the end He could've easily got a 10 yard scramble instead he tries a touch pass to landry and of course overthrows him by 6 yards, and the D looked fucking gassed in the 3rd. outside of jones their secondary sucks, grimes looked bad tonight, season was already over but this loss cemented it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Get off the ledge before you get hurt. Listen, 2015 was the lost season. Romo was injured. Dez was injured. Would have been a miracle for this team to be over .500
I agree that Dez needs to stop dropping balls. I agree that this season sucks and there is no hope in 2015.
Next year could be totally different. Who's to know.
I'll take a healthy Romo over most QB's in the NFL
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Gritt wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:http://deadspin.com/oh-god-the-afc-sout ... 1747821060

I'm guessing you mean that a division winner doesn't automatically get a top four seed. If that's what you're saying then I agree. I would have no problem with a division winner being seeded behind a wild card with a better record.
Bingo.