The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Tymaster »

Crazy Levi wrote:I watch a lot of football via rabbit ears.

No shit! I got rid of cable so that's how I watch most my NFL these days.
I imagine where you live one can pick up a better selection via rabbit ears than most of the country gets on cable or satellite. :lol:
I'm just far enough from Columbus and Dayton that I'd have build a small radio tower to pick up all the good free HD stuff.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Crazy Levi wrote:We've been hearing excuses for Bill Buckner for 30 years, but long story short, almost EVERY fat joe sitting on his couch that night could have made that play, and won the World Series for the Sox. That's why he was a goat then, he's a goat today, and he'll always be a goat.
To be honest, the hate turned around quite a bit and I think it started before the 04 WS. Last few times he made an appearance at Fenway, he's been given a standing o.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:We've been hearing excuses for Bill Buckner for 30 years, but long story short, almost EVERY fat joe sitting on his couch that night could have made that play, and won the World Series for the Sox. That's why he was a goat then, he's a goat today, and he'll always be a goat.
To be honest, the hate turned around quite a bit and I think it started before the 04 WS. Last few times he made an appearance at Fenway, he's been given a standing o.
Right. And if the Vikings ever win a Super Bowl maybe Walsh will get a pass.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Facedown wrote:
Just a nitpick, but if Buckner makes that play, it doesn't win the Series for Boston. The Mets had already tied the game. If Buckner fields the ball cleanly, they go to extra innings.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

There was also game 7.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:There was also game 7.
Damn...so that makes Walsh's goat move even worse!!!

I did remember there was a game 7, but for some reason I thought Buckner's gaffe cost the Sox an immediate win (and that it wasn't tied up already)
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:There was also game 7.

I did remember there was a game 7, but for some reason I thought Buckner's gaffe cost the Sox an immediate win (and that it wasn't tied up already)
Buckner deserved to be the GOAT in 1986.

Under his 1st base glove he wore a Cubs batting glove intentionally

Curse of the Bambino + Curse of the Goat="behind the bag" :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:
There has not been anybody famous with the last name of Walsh
from Minnesota since Brenda and Brandon Walsh appeared on 90210
:lol:
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Right. And if the Vikings ever win a Super Bowl maybe Walsh will get a pass.
Oh, man, the Ace Ventura memes started flooding in after he did that! Laces out, Blair!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

So Rams back to LA and the Chargers and Raiders are in limbo. What a clusterfuck.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:So Rams back to LA and the Chargers and Raiders are in limbo. What a clusterfuck.
Welcome Los Angeles Rams! So long St. Louis......RIP Cardinals 1988. RIP Rams 2016.

Rams are moving back, Chargers have the first option to come.

After one day of meetings in Houston, NFL owners voted to approve the move of the St. Louis Rams to Los Angeles. The Chargers have the option to join them in Inglewood.
The Rams are coming to Los Angeles next season, and soon maybe the Chargers too, but the new, $2-billion-plus NFL stadium planned for Inglewood won't be ready for action until 2019.

So where is a displaced pro football franchise to play around the Southland in the meantime?

There are limited known options.

NFL in L.A. live updates: Everything you need to know about the Rams (and Chargers) move to Inglewood
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

Some promising news.........

The Raiders -- the third team that had L.A. aspirations -- withdrew their application for relocation on Tuesday and will work with the league toward a stadium solution, most likely in Oakland. If the Chargers do not exercise their option to move to Los Angeles, the Raiders will have a one-year option to join the Rams in Inglewood.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said during a Tuesday night news conference that the league will provide $100 million to both the Chargers and Raiders if they remain in their current home markets.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Gritt wrote:So Rams back to LA and the Chargers and Raiders are in limbo. What a clusterfuck.
The Chargers would be better off staying in San Diego, but it looks like they'll end up in Inglewood with the Rams. Where they'll struggle to build any kind of fan base.

Rams = Lakers
Chargers = Clippers
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Further proof that the NFL doesn't give a shit about anything except for revenue. L.A. is getting two teams that no one really wants, a stadium that has no public vote and is more than likely getting hosed on the price tag.

The Rams left L.A. because of a lack of fan support. Despite success, two Superbowl appearances and a championship, The Rams are leaving for greener pastures because the citizens of St. Louis (And Missouri) said no to replacing a 20 year old stadium. The city and the state by the way, still owe tens of millions of dollars on said 20 year old stadium.

The practice of holding fan-bases and cities hostage for a new arena every couple of decades needs to be outlawed. Also, the practice of billing the public for three quarters of the cost of construction needs to be abolished as well.

Things like this make me loathe the fact I watch professional sports. And it makes me loathe the NFL more than I already do.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

So,
what happens next? The Rams stay in St Louis until stadium in Inglewood or wherever is built is ready? Or they will be here next year?

Speaking of Inglewood. The place is a shithole. Always has been, always will be. When Lakers were there it was a shit hole. All the concerts I saw there, it was a shit hole. Ain't no way its changing. No way baby!
If not mistaken it will be built where the horse race track used to be (might still be there) & that's right across the street from the Forum. Shit hole.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

yeahbuddy wrote:So,
what happens next? The Rams stay in St Louis until stadium in Inglewood or wherever is built is ready? Or they will be here next year?
Rams play in LA next season, probably at the LA Coliseum.

Chargers can come in 2017. Gonna be an awkward season in San Diego. The owner can use this as leverage to get his new stadium in San Diego but who knows what will happen.

I think the Raiders are in the same boat...they could eventually come to LA if the Chargers end up staying put.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:So,
Rams play in LA next season, probably at the LA Coliseum.

Chargers can come in 2017. Gonna be an awkward season in San Diego. The owner can use this as leverage to get his new stadium in San Diego but who knows what will happen.

I think the Raiders are in the same boat...they could eventually come to LA if the Chargers end up staying put.
The owners set up some very contentious times in Oakland & Sand Diego, during the 2016 season. How are those fans supposed to feel knowing their teams could leave? Maybe those fans should stay away, have the stadiums empty, not buy the merch or the $14 beers :)

LA does not want football. If the demand was so high for the NFL, the owners would have realized this two decades ago.
Looking forward to a HUGE fail down in So Cal
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Lawrence Phillips, the former Nebraska football star who was facing a murder charge, was found dead Wednesday morning in his California prison.

Authorities at Kern Valley State Prison said they are investigating the death as a suspected suicide.

The prison staff was conducting security checks shortly after midnight local time Wednesday when they found Phillips, 40, unresponsive in his cell, according to a release from the prison. Phillips was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead about 90 minutes late.

Phillips was on trial for the alleged murder of his former cellmate at the prison. If convicted, he could have faced the death penalty.

He has been in prison since October 2008, where he was serving a 31-year sentence on various charges including inflicting bodily harm including domestic violence, corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment and vehicle theft.

Phillips played running back for Nebraska in the 1990s before a brief stint in the NFL. His pro career was cut short by a series of off-field incidents and legal issues.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Facedown wrote:
Wasn't he also managing in the farm system for the Sox before 04 too?
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:Wasn't he also managing in the farm system for the Sox before 04 too?
Not sure but a quick Wiki check says he came back to Boston as a player in 1990 and got a standing o on opening day.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Former ESPN & NBC announcer Jim Simpson passed away at age of 88

The NFL Network is scheduled to televise Super Bowl 1 & viewers will be treated to Jim Simpson's radio broadcast, Friday Jan 15, 8 pm
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Former Husker football standout & colossal fuckup, Lawrence Phillips has been found dead in prison. Suspected suicide, authorities say.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Gritt wrote:The Packers offensive line is not getting set when Rodgers is doing the quick snaps to catch Washington with 12 men on the field. Should be flagged for illegal procedure and the penalties should offset.
NFL said Green Bay should have been flagged. Those were big momentum shifts for the packers. Instead of a first down it would have been third and nine. Not saying the outcome would have different but that is when the game shifted.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
Gritt wrote:The Packers offensive line is not getting set when Rodgers is doing the quick snaps to catch Washington with 12 men on the field. Should be flagged for illegal procedure and the penalties should offset.
NFL said Green Bay should have been flagged. Those were big momentum shifts for the packers. Instead of a first down it would have been third and nine. Not saying the outcome would have different but that is when the game shifted.

That guy chugging wasn't going to get off the field even if he had a full play clock...
You only have to be set for a second before the snap plus the motion was sideways which is allowed for motion....So ya it looked like illegal motion on the Strong side the "TE" was off the line so IMO it really wasn't while it was obvious there was too many men on the field.
The argument could be made the left OT might of been rockin but IMO they was set and it was such a quick snap the only clear call was too many men.

I didn't consider it a big deal as did with a dozen other of the tinker tot fouls they called.
I'm more tired of the PI and WR pushing off fouls. Like that Pass interference that landed out of bounds, it was pass interference but the WR gave up to help draw the flag and wouldn't have caught the ball. I didn't watch the whole thing and seen at least three clear pass interference calls let go and two they shouldn't have thrown the flag. Those are killers and piss me off......Let them fucking play.

Tell me I'm wrong in today's game on every incomplete pass someone is getting up looking for a flag and acting like they got mugged. It use to be you win some you lose some, walk back to the huddle. Now it's all replay and more flags then balls Peyton could throw in a game.

After every catch, pass defense or tackle everyone gets up looking at the ref's to see if a flag is thrown. It's totally taken over the game.

----

The Ref's was on a blistering record pace for flags then they stopped talking about it, the commish must have put his foot down on talking about it......Anyone know if they broke the record?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Chip Kelly is the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Chip Kelly is the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers.
Media reported the 49ers were deciding between Kelly or Mike Shanahan.
Unreal the 49ers chose Kelly. I guess they don't want to win as much as management says they do?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Chip Kelly is the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers.

If Chip learned that he doesn't have a fucking clue about personnel decisions it may work out. If not...well good luck and seeya back in college in three years chip.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Crazy Levi wrote:

If Chip learned that he doesn't have a fucking clue about personnel decisions it may work out. If not...well good luck and seeya back in college in three years chip.
They hired Kelly over Shannahan because Kelly doesn't want personnel decisions. Which means that Baalke still controls the team, that translates to more of the exact same thing.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The media in Philly is saying that Chip really wanted Kaepernick as his QB which is why he reached out to the niners.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:The media in Philly is saying that Chip really wanted Kaepernick as his QB which is why he reached out to the niners.
I read that he wanted to organize a trade for Kaep when he was in Philly. CSN was saying that Gabbert's style of play is more geared for Chip's offense. Steve Young thinks Kaepernick can return to form. I think he was a one trick pony that the league figured out and hope they move on.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Haven't seen anybody say their picks for this weekend's games here's mine.

AFC - Broncos over Steelers and I'll take the Chiefs over the Pats

NFC - Panthers over Seahawks and Cardinals over Packers - I doubt Rodgers will be able to finish the game.