The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:Tom Brady/Belichik>Joe Montana/Bill Walsh

Tom and Bill have surpassed the great duo from SF.
The proof is in the work. On offense, Tom was rarely surrounded
by great players or future hall of famers. Other than Gronk, can someone name the best WR, RB, FB, O-Line that played with Brady.
Like him or not, Brady has done the most with the very least.
I never saw Joe Montana throw an interception in the Superbowl. The first one he won he didn't have John Taylor or Jerry Rice. He had Dwight Clark. You remember Dwight Clark?

I never saw Joe Montana lose to a fucking Manning. Twice. Plus, while I think Brady is one of the all time greats and best since Montana. Spygate is a serious black eye on the Belchik legacy, whether you want to admit it or not.

Oh, how about Randy Moss? :wink:
Brady - one and done twice, 2009 and 2010. Montana - 3 in a row and 4 overall.
Playoff appearances /Wins Brady - 13/22, Montana - 11/16
Playoff INT Brady 26 in 30 games, Montana 21 in 23 games
Montana didn't lose to a Manning in a Superbowl because he never played one.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

I have had Brady as 1B behind Montana at 1A since he won his 3rd SB ring.
When he won last Feb I bumped him up to 1A over Montana at 1B, for the same reasons others have said, free agency and the Salary Cap.

If he wins a 5th, in my opinion he becomes 1
and Montana falls all the way down to the #2 spot.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:I have had Brady as 1B behind Montana at 1A since he won his 3rd SB ring.
When he won last Feb I bumped him up to 1A over Montana at 1B, for the same reasons others have said, free agency and the Salary Cap.

If the Pats reach the SB this year it would make for a great story.
Brady coming home to the bay area for SB.

Manning has defeated Brady twice, losing just once. Can Brady even the score this weekend?
If Denver loses, will that be Manning's final game of his career?
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

No doubt that Manning does not come back next season. He'd be even worse on the field, and would probably suffer the indignity of being cut before next season and signing on to play for some shit team that's desperate to sell tickets. This is a guy who has never turned down an endorsement, and I don't see him ruining his reputation by hanging on for another season.

He's already hung on for one season too many, he's not gonna make it two.
Pierce Foreskin

Machado wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:I have had Brady as 1B behind Montana at 1A since he won his 3rd SB ring.

If the Pats reach the SB this year it would make for a great story.
Brady coming home to the bay area for SB.

Manning has defeated Brady twice, losing just once. Can Brady even the score this weekend?
If Denver loses, will that be Manning's final game of his career?
While Brady is 1-2 in AFC Championship games versus Manning, he is otherwise 11-5 against him.
And this is not the same Manning that beat him the last two times.
If Denver wins this week it is because of their defense, I just don't see this year's Manning beating this year's Brady.
Should be a good game though.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

ESPN Bomani Jones Brady sending Peyton to the Curb

Bomani Jones is funny, says Peyton plays like he is 137 years old, LOL Go Pats!! :mrgreen:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14598176
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

On the commute into work today I overheard an interesting statistic.

Palmer vs Newton
1st time two Heisman trophy winning QB's will face each other in the playoffs
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:On the commute into work today I overheard an interesting statistic.

Palmer vs Newton
That's not a statistic, but I suppose it is interesting.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:On the back of the lettuce truck going to work today I overheard an interesting statistic.

Palmer vs Newton
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

kylel wrote:1 more game!!! Please let them beat Arizona.. If they go to the bowl they are winning it.. Period.. GO PANTHERS!!!!

Are the Panthers ground crew going to make sure the field conditions are in prime shape come kickoff time again? :lol:

Not sure if anyone remembers.......I was honestly laughing.
I vividly recall all those 80's Raiders games. Many teams did, but it was well known the Raiders would mysteriously soak or change field conditions the night before. Then after kickoff it was a riot watching the other sideline scramble to hand screw extra 1/4'' spikes into their cleats.

They showed the speed framed video of the Bank of America Stadium from night to kick off how they go a bit of sprinkle but it was funny watching Seattle slip on banana peels at kick off and in the 1st quarter....Then the video of Seattle's bench scrambling on the sideline to change cleats had me rolling.

It was funny but.....Planned? Naaaaa no teams wold do anything like that to get an edge anymore.

I might say it was more unplanned by Seattle. I'd like to see the video clip during the game of Seattle's bench again. It was like a close out sale at Footlocker with players and personal opening up boxes and lacing up shoes as fast as they could.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
kylel wrote:1 more game!!! Please let them beat Arizona.. If they go to the bowl they are winning it.. Period.. GO PANTHERS!!!!

Are the Panthers ground crew going to make sure the field conditions are in prime shape come kickoff time again? :lol:

I vividly recall all those 80's Raiders games. Many teams did, but it was well known the Raiders would mysteriously soak or change field conditions the night before. Then after kickoff it was a riot watching the other sideline scramble to hand screw extra 1/4'' spikes into their cleats.

They showed the speed framed video of the Bank of America Stadium from night to kick off how they go a bit of sprinkle but it was funny watching Seattle slip on banana peels at kick off and in the 1st quarter....Then the video of Seattle's bench scrambling on the sideline to change cleats had me rolling.

It was funny but.....Planned? Naaaaa no teams wold do anything like that to get an edge anymore.

I might say it was more unplanned by Seattle. I'd like to see the video clip during the game of Seattle's bench again. It was like a close out sale at Footlocker with players and personal opening up boxes and lacing up shoes as fast as they could.
I'm to the point that all fields not in Florida, Arizona, or California should be field turf. Washington and Carolina have terrible fields that look like ass. They're not exactly the safest either.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

Your tale reminds me of the 1992 NFC Championship game in SF. Dallas at 49ers. Major storms devasted the SF Bay Area the week of the game and the 49ers felt like it was a good idea replace the current sod with brand new sod, to make the field conditions more playable. That played into the hands of Dallas and their strong running game. LOL!
The media shredded 49ers management for choosing to make the field better on the eve of the game and it was well deserved.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

George Allen used to order the rfk stadium crew to open these huge gates which would bring wind from the Potomac into the stadium, just in time for a big FG attempt from the visitors.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I blame the bad field on the Belk Bowl. It was played in some pretty heavy rain on 12/30, and the Panthers played a home game 4 days later. They've been trying to fix it ever since.

Any Cardinals fans that are coming to the game better get here today. Looking at ice on Friday and snow on Saturday.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

If Denver wins, Peyton gets a $2 million bonus. I need a job like that! But, my genetics said, "noooooooooo".
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Predictions for Championship weekend

Cardinals over Panthers

Pats over Broncos

I think both games are going to be very, very close.
Pierce Foreskin

My prediction is that the Pats and Panthers will be playing in Superbowl 50
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:My prediction is that the Pats and Panthers will be playing in Superbowl 50
It's Super Bowl ... not Superbowl.

Just like it's the World Series (in baseball) ... not Worldseries.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I think Panthers prevail.

The Patriots / Broncos game is real tough to call for me. I think the Patriots ultimately prevail, and if their offense performs like they did against the Chiefs, it could not even be that close. But something tells me that the Denver pass rush and corners are going to be a real equalizer this game.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Panthers and Patriots. Both cover.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I think Pats win big. Denver offense is pathetic and as good as their defense is they'll wear down eventually. Even if they get turnovers Denver is only gonna muster up field goals.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Panthers and Patriots. Both cover.

Agreed.

I would love to see Palmer get a ring or at least make the Super Bowl for himself and Cardinals. They got the shaft last year plus I hate the Panthers.

Lets see what the field looks like.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:I think Pats win big. Denver offense is pathetic and as good as their defense is they'll wear down eventually. Even if they get turnovers Denver is only gonna muster up field goals.
Hope you are right, but Denver has been a horror house for the Pats over the past few years.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

veritas wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:I think Pats win big. Denver offense is pathetic and as good as their defense is they'll wear down eventually. Even if they get turnovers Denver is only gonna muster up field goals.
Hope you are right, but Denver has been a horror house for the Pats over the past few years.
The last time the Broncos beat the Pats at Gillette Stadium was in 2006.

"Jake The Snake" Plummer was the Broncos QB.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Well it's a good thing the game isn't being played at Gillette, disphit.

Broncos are the #1 seed.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Crazy Levi wrote:Well it's a good thing the game isn't being played at Gillette, disphit.

Broncos are the #1 seed.
It is a good thing, for Denver.

That way they'll stand a tiny chance, rather than almost no chance.

Not gonna be a horror house, in any case.

38-23 Pats.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Former Raiders DE Anthony Smith gets life without parole, for the killings of three men.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:Well it's a good thing the game isn't being played at Gillette, disphit.
:lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cantstop totally successfully played that one off. You'd really have no clue he had no idea the game wasn't in Boston. Very smooth.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Crazy Levi wrote:Cantstop totally successfully played that one off. You'd really have no clue he had no idea the game wasn't in Boston. Very smooth.
Foxboro isn't Boston either, dumbshit.