The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by eddie lee roth »

Now this is a funny prank. I'd be all pissed at first than would have to give it up to the guy. :lol:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... MT3oF1GWzA
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

kylel wrote:I'm so fucking hyped up for this game! I want to see the Panthers win a ring finally!! I hope they can pull it off.. I already took off that Monday because of how hard I am going to party if they win or be bummed if they lose it lol... Either way I hope Panthers beat the shit out of them as far as points.. People want a "close" game.. I do not. I want Panthers 45 at the half.. :lol:
What is wrong w/Cam? He is taking this opportunity to insist that he being criticized because he is incomprable. WTF!
I think Cam should shut up and worry about the game and not how he is perceived. Show some class. This might be the only time you get to play in this game. Just ask Dan Marino :lol:
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
kylel wrote:I'm so fucking hyped up for this game! I want to see the Panthers win a ring finally!! I hope they can pull it off.. I already took off that Monday because of how hard I am going to party if they win or be bummed if they lose it lol... Either way I hope Panthers beat the shit out of them as far as points.. People want a "close" game.. I do not. I want Panthers 45 at the half.. :lol:
What is wrong w/Cam? He is taking this opportunity to insist that he being criticized because he is incomprable. WTF!
I think Cam should shut up and worry about the game and not how he is perceived. Show some class. This might be the only time you get to play in this game. Just ask Dan Marino :lol:
I wouldn't go the incomparable route myself. I read he had extremely similar numbers to Colin Kaepernick, the main difference is that Carolina won the games SF lost.

I can't remember exactly where I read that, but will try to find it later. I remember reading it because my reaction was "no shit?" :lol:

I want Denver to win the SB, but think Carolina will.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yesterday, Jan 27, was the anniversary of "wide right by Norwood".
Beginning on the 4 year run of being losers :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
I was just reading a story about this draft of QB's and teams like the Cowboy's would they risk a high pick on what's out there like the Panthers did.

Then the story lead into Cam and his scouting reports from 2011 that talked about him being scary good but a high risk for the NFL. Everything from..

"Egotistical, no humility," one NFL head coach told me. "Hard for me to envision him as the face of a franchise. It's alarming to think someone would invest $50 million in that guy."

I wouldn't touch him," said an NFL offensive coordinator. "The talent is immense but let someone else make this mistake."

Egotistical or not I bet those guy's would like to have drafted him now but that's just it....A crap shoot. Cam was ran out of Florida his 2nd year, a year in Jr College then one year with Auburn wins the title.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/would- ... ant/np9b8/
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

UtahRatt wrote:Cam was ran out of Florida his 2nd year
There's a relevant little story behind that (for anyone previously unaware).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/new ... id=3718266
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Image

Calling the Bills losers shows that you are clueless.

#ETYPS
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:Image

Calling the Bills losers shows that you are clueless.

#ETYPS
did they lose 4 super bowls?
yes
or no

if you answer yes, then that confirms they are losers. they were a very good team, but they were also losers. never won when it counted the most.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

cantstopthemusic wrote:

:lol:

It figures but I didn't know Cam was a thief, I'm guessing the felony's was dropped.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

cantstopthemusic wrote:

Cam is going to talk and talk all week long and into next week. Cam is going to give every reporter that soundbite they are needing. All the while, Peyton is going to go about his business and not do anything to stir up any controversy about how he plays or his opponents.
Not saying that will make a difference in the game. Just sayin' that I am already growing tired of Cam and his agenda.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Just sayin' that I am already growing tired of Cam and his agenda.
I agree! There's just something "uppity" about the whole thing!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: Just sayin' that I am already growing tired of Cam and his agenda.
Machado hates when the colored folk get uppity.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado hates when the colored folk get uppity.
spoken like a true racist. good job, meat. BRAVO!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

You really are stupid. You are the one who spouts racist shit all the time. The funny thing is that you don't even realize it. Enjoy your day, Grand Wizard.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:You really are stupid. You are the one who spouts racist shit all the time. The funny thing is that you don't even realize it. Enjoy your day, Grand Wizard.
all the time huh? nice generalization. i'm sure you make blanket statements about
every single topic you get your greasy hands on.

YOU ARE STUPID! once again you insert yourself into a thread that has nothing to do with you and make it about you.
BRAVO!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

We're all racist according to Cam Newton. Holy fuck balls, Cam's pulling the Race Card because people don't like his flamboyant gay dance? Is that this years Richard Sherman's Super Bowl Hype?

Cam Newton:
“I’ve said this since Day One,” Newton said. “I’m an African-American quarterback that scares people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to." "I'm true to my roots......"

-------------

People are scared? Of what, an end zone dance? What haven't we seen? A moron athlete? If Terrell Owens was a QB..........And haven't we got past the "True to my roots" era?

You're not Dick "Night Train" Lane and if your name isn't Bill Gramatica I seriously doubt Cam is scaring anyone with his dance.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

It's true. People don't like his gay dance because he's black.

I'm not even joking. You remember that stupid letter that white cunt wrote that was forwarded by 100 % uptight white people on facebook, right?

Call a spade a spade. People who are genuinely bothered by Cam's gay dance (not. "gee that's a gay dance." I'm talking "Think about the children!!!" idiots) are absolutely, on some level, pissed off because an uppity black man is gettin' gay in the end zone.

Fact!
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

UtahRatt wrote: and if your name isn't Bill Gramatica I seriously doubt Cam is scaring anyone with his dance.
:lol:
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Crazy Levi wrote:It's true. People don't like his gay dance because he's black.

I'm not even joking. You remember that stupid letter that white cunt wrote that was forwarded by 100 % uptight white people on facebook, right?

Call a spade a spade. People who are genuinely bothered by Cam's gay dance (not. "gee that's a gay dance." I'm talking "Think about the children!!!" idiots) are absolutely, on some level, pissed off because an uppity black man is gettin' gay in the end zone.

Fact!
I think all end zone dances are gay. I also think all dances made after a sack are gay. I am attempting to visualize my favorite player of all time, Walter Payton, doing an end zone dance. Nope.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I like how he hands it to the other guy to spike it. Sweetness had his teammates do the gay dirty work!
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Already?

Been sick of him for years now.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:

Already?

Been sick of him for years now.
well in previous years Cam was not in the SB, so it was easy to pay him no mind. this season Carolina has been a force since week 1.
Cam has been in the spotlight and now instead of concentrating on the game, he is going out of his way to tell the media people don't like him, blah blah blah. get over it Cam.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Exactly what agenda does Cam have?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Exactly what agenda does Cam have?
Sticking to his roots.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:It's true. People don't like his gay dance because he's black.

Fact!
That was a hyped up social media story for soccer moms. The only reason it was a blip is because The Charlotte Observer or a news feed blew it up. Did you even read the page? There was as many mocking as supporting with a majority in between simply saying it's a bit much. That story represents .0001 of NFL fans.

------

People don't like Cam's gay dance because he's black? That's like saying people hated Jeremy Shockey antics because he's white.

The truth is much simpler.......
Cam pulled the race card and even if some people are running with it, it's total bullshit. No one likes a showboat. There's celebrations and there's Showboating. One of them is taunting that rubs people the wrong way, opponents, players and fans alike. Showboating has always been a controversy. Chad Johnson's what dance this week, Terrell Owens pen in his sock to Mark Gastineau Sack dance "which is still banned!"

That's rubbing it in your face and no one likes shit rubbed in there face. If your celebration last more then a few seconds before you hit the sidelines you're a fucking showboat. Also no one has issues with dances that are not offensive and more of a cheer to goofy. Cam's dace, the Dab, is coughing after taking a hit...Like that's going to go over well with a lot of people.

In the NFL there was some fun ones that people laughed at like Ickey Shuffle or that stupid FUN BUNCH. Watch any NFL/ESPN or Halftime Highlights and they slam or laugh at almost every end zone dance. The Fact is growing up your taught not to do it, act like you've been there, no one likes a showboater.

Now it's a black thing? I don't know anyone who hated Billy White Shoes, his was a cheer with groove. Players like Cam or say Ray Lewis is a rub it in your face and that's where it's crosses the line.

----------------

This story couldn't be said better. Barkley nailed it.

Charles Barkley “As much I love Cam, if I played against him I would put a hit on him, no question. Because they [The Panthers] rub it in pretty good.”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/29/the ... -not-race/

"Hello: Black Stars Are Nothing New to Football

As far as the “we’ve never seen a quarterback like him” claim, he’s all the way wrong on that, too. Randall Cunningham was a scrambling QB with a big arm. Michael Vick was one of the most dangerous QBs (and dog sitters) we’ve ever seen. And let’s not forget Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Russell Wilson, and Doug Williams. All black quarterbacks, all stud players, all embraced by the league and its fans.

I’m not denying that some people are rubbed the wrong way by the fact that he’s black, but let’s leave the Oscar’s voters out of this. The truth is, most people have no problem with the way Cam Newton plays. *Other then him dancing after just about every big play he makes.*
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WTF wrote:I think all end zone dances are gay. I also think all dances made after a sack are gay. I am attempting to visualize my favorite player of all time, Walter Payton, doing an end zone dance. Nope.

How many posters think this GIF of Walter Payton is cool as fuck? How many respect him and how he played the game like handing the ball to the Ref after scoring?

How many posters thought the same of Barry Sanders?

Now how many posters think endzone dances are awesome and who's their favorite?

Celebration is great, the choreographed and group dances are stupid.

*add*

Richard Dent isn't a fan of Cam Newton's celebrations.

“It’s disrespect. I’m going to knock your ass out of the game. That would’ve been my approach. At some point in the game, not with a cheap shot [maybe today, but not back in 1985– CC] I’m going to try to get a shot that puts you out for the day. That’s the risk when you want to showboat all the time.”

“Act like this is what you’re getting paid to do. But these kids, that’s what you get in the Twitter, Facebook world. It’s ‘Look at me!'”
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Sunday's news......

Anyone watch the Pro Bowl? Didn't even think about it.
I did see the video clip of punter Johnny Hekker burning Richard Sherman.

Johnny Hekker @JHekker
That completion was for my Sister in law Catie! It's her birthday today! #Aloooooha baby! Gotta love roasting @RSherman_25 for a first!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/69396454 ... =twsrc^tfw

-----------------------------------

It's been said before and expected, Calvin Johnson retiring. Bummer.

---------------------------------------

Dez: Cowboys are 'step closer to Super Bowl' Bryant still believes 2016 can be special and believes the Cowboys can make a Super Bowl run.

---------------------------------------------

Ft. Worth police confirm Manziel had an 'altercation' with his girlfriend
Police used a helicopter to look for Johnny Manziel after alleged assault

------------------------------------------

Owner Dean Spanos wrote a letter to Charger fans: Dear Chargers fans we've decided to stay in San Diego for the 2016 season and hopefully for the long term in a new stadium.

------------------------------------------

Oakland owner Mark Davis was in Vegas, talks of building a stadium there.
Like sands in the hour glass so are the day's of this shit team.

----------------------

Ex-Rams coach: 'Ridiculous' T.O. is HOF finalist

Former Rams coach Mike Martz took umbrage over Terrell Owens becoming a Hall of Fame finalist in his first year of eligibility while Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt haven't gotten similar looks.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:Sunday's news......

It's been said before and expected, Calvin Johnson retiring. Bummer.
Any well-paid NFL player who doesn't at least consider retiring at 30 is out of his mind.

---------------------------------------

Dez: Cowboys are 'step closer to Super Bowl' Bryant still believes 2016 can be special and believes the Cowboys can make a Super Bowl run.

Dez Bryant is out of his mind.

---------------------------------------------

Ft. Worth police confirm Manziel had an 'altercation' with his girlfriend
Police used a helicopter to look for Johnny Manziel after alleged assault
Shaping up to be the poor man's Ryan Leaf.
----------------------

Ex-Rams coach: 'Ridiculous' T.O. is HOF finalist

Former Rams coach Mike Martz took umbrage over Terrell Owens becoming a Hall of Fame finalist in his first year of eligibility while Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt haven't gotten similar looks.
TO was better than either of those guys.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The Lions organization is denying Calvin Johnson's retirement so far. NFL.com hasn't mentioned anything yet and everyone who is reporting it is getting their info from Adam Schefter on ESPN. I'm holding out hope that he was reaching in order to break a story first.

Not like it hasn't been one of the most talked about stories all January I won't get all P-13 like if he does retire though.
scarred but smarter
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Ex-Rams coach: 'Ridiculous' T.O. is HOF finalist

TO was better than either of those guys.
No shit,
It's the same situation players jumping in on their first ballot ahead players like ART MONK who ridiculously waited 8 years, you remember that crying game.

Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt were all better then Art Monk. Putting T.O. ahead of Harrison isn't right and it's creating a log jam. All of these guys don't have to go in on the first round especially the modern era players. The NFL is in a WR HOF clusterfuck.

There's already arguments if Calvin Johnson retired today he may never make it with the likes of Holt and Bruce still in the wings and others like Andre Johnson hanging on and others coming up. Add in new modern era stat fighting, who won Super Bowls and Playoff games it's fucked.

The Baseball Hall of Fame has it's issues but they make Canton look like a Joke.