The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:The Lions organization is denying Calvin Johnson's retirement so far. NFL.com hasn't mentioned anything yet and everyone who is reporting it is getting their info from Adam Schefter on ESPN. I'm holding out hope that he was reaching in order to break a story first.

Not like it hasn't been one of the most talked about stories all January I won't get all P-13 like if he does retire though.
You're right about Schefter but there isn't a lot of denial and a ton of well wishes.

I totally believe he was set to retire. Reading the feeds it's clear he told some family, friends and teammates including the Lions but now the seasons over I bet Calvin plays it differently.
Not exact, but if he retires wouldn't he owe or lose like 3m? Money isn't the major issue but letting the Lions release him instead of taking a cut or whatever the Lions try and work out he'll bank his last check rather then lose money.

Personally, I think he's finished either way. He's beat up and towards the end of the season he looked like a player who lost all passion. Then again his mate Burleson thinks if the Lions offer him 15m he'll play. The Lions should and owe it to him.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Sunday's news......

It's been said before and expected, Calvin Johnson retiring. Bummer.
Any well-paid NFL player who doesn't at least consider retiring at 30 is out of his mind.
Why are they going to play in Iraq, spend time being crab fisherman or go into roofing?

Never mind, it's another it's too dangerous CTE scared argument.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Sunday's news......

It's been said before and expected, Calvin Johnson retiring. Bummer.
Any well-paid NFL player who doesn't at least consider retiring at 30 is out of his mind.
Why are they going to play in Iraq, spend time being crab fisherman or go into roofing?

Never mind, it's another it's too dangerous CTE scared argument.
MORE PUSSIFICATION OF THE NFL!!!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Pussy vagina tampon.

And nobody was crying about Art Monk besides Redskins fans. The "establishment" was saying stupid shit like "all he did was catch 9 yard passes." Dude, at one point in the 1990s, was the NFL's all time reception leader, and his countless first down receptions kept the Skins moving through several Super Bowl season.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:It's true. People don't like his gay dance because he's black.

I'm not even joking. You remember that stupid letter that white cunt wrote that was forwarded by 100 % uptight white people on facebook, right?

Call a spade a spade. People who are genuinely bothered by Cam's gay dance (not. "gee that's a gay dance." I'm talking "Think about the children!!!" idiots) are absolutely, on some level, pissed off because an uppity black man is gettin' gay in the end zone.

Fact!
That was a hyped up social media story for soccer moms. The only reason it was a blip is because The Charlotte Observer or a news feed blew it up. Did you even read the page? There was as many mocking as supporting with a majority in between simply saying it's a bit much. That story represents .0001 of NFL fans.

------

People don't like Cam's gay dance because he's black? That's like saying people hated Jeremy Shockey antics because he's white.

The truth is much simpler.......
Cam pulled the race card and even if some people are running with it, it's total bullshit. No one likes a showboat. There's celebrations and there's Showboating. One of them is taunting that rubs people the wrong way, opponents, players and fans alike. Showboating has always been a controversy. Chad Johnson's what dance this week, Terrell Owens pen in his sock to Mark Gastineau Sack dance "which is still banned!"

That's rubbing it in your face and no one likes shit rubbed in there face. If your celebration last more then a few seconds before you hit the sidelines you're a fucking showboat. Also no one has issues with dances that are not offensive and more of a cheer to goofy. Cam's dace, the Dab, is coughing after taking a hit...Like that's going to go over well with a lot of people.

In the NFL there was some fun ones that people laughed at like Ickey Shuffle or that stupid FUN BUNCH. Watch any NFL/ESPN or Halftime Highlights and they slam or laugh at almost every end zone dance. The Fact is growing up your taught not to do it, act like you've been there, no one likes a showboater.

Now it's a black thing? I don't know anyone who hated Billy White Shoes, his was a cheer with groove. Players like Cam or say Ray Lewis is a rub it in your face and that's where it's crosses the line.

----------------

This story couldn't be said better. Barkley nailed it.

Charles Barkley “As much I love Cam, if I played against him I would put a hit on him, no question. Because they [The Panthers] rub it in pretty good.”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/29/the ... -not-race/

"Hello: Black Stars Are Nothing New to Football

As far as the “we’ve never seen a quarterback like him” claim, he’s all the way wrong on that, too. Randall Cunningham was a scrambling QB with a big arm. Michael Vick was one of the most dangerous QBs (and dog sitters) we’ve ever seen. And let’s not forget Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Russell Wilson, and Doug Williams. All black quarterbacks, all stud players, all embraced by the league and its fans.
Colin Q and russell Wilson.....not so much
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Pussy vagina tampon.

And nobody was crying about Art Monk besides Redskins fans. The "establishment" was saying stupid shit like "all he did was catch 9 yard passes." Dude, at one point in the 1990s, was the NFL's all time reception leader, and his countless first down receptions kept the Skins moving through several Super Bowl season.
I was crying about Art Monk, damn it.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:MORE PUSSIFICATION OF THE NFL!!!
YELLOW! The lot of ya! A season of flags, 2015.

It cracks me up that it's too rough of a game for the fans of today. They should feel guilty for watching it. Feel sorry for the players who have everything and get any injury. Parents are afraid of their kids playing football....Dogs and cats hating each other again!

Have to hand to the the NFL they sure hyped up and sold the pussification of the new game. You're still more at risk driving down the road. I bet it's not in the top 500 dangerous occupations or hobbies but has the highest pay.

----------------------------------------------------

This was one of the worst years since the strike. It was an odd year all the way around.

The worst officiating year by far.
I wished I could find the stats because after the NFL crushed a record with 733 penalties through three weeks they shut the story down and it vanished. I can't find anything else, no season stats no nothing. The games were full of replays, delays, flags, PI's and Personal fouls. Everything is replayed it's turning into the speed of Golf.

The flags has to be here somewhere....
http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?y ... view=total

--------------------------------------------

I just stumble across a lot of clips from other seasons and seen this one today..the 4:55 mark says it all. 2012 Packers vs Hawks. It wont be long before the Red Jersey comes out. Even the announcer said it's Flag Football.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... highlights

----------------------------------

The team moving drama was the cherry on top. The Ram's in LA, again.......Whatever. My team signed another one year lease holding the fans captive...Whatever. It's a weaker different game, get over it, like it or move on.

It's NHL time. I don't hear their fans crying about the game being too rough, they've cleaned it up but it's still a contact sport where you like a good hit.

------------------

So who has money on the game?
Panthers +5.5 ? If I get the chance I'll lay down a few bills and some side bets. Olsen first score possibly.

Don't plan on watching but not expecting a good game. I'm sad I'll miss the new NFL baby ad that's part of the league's "Football Is Family" campaign.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Pussy vagina tampon.

I was crying about Art Monk, damn it.
One of my favorite players, it was a joke he had to wait so long.

But it's going to get worse with the major backlog and insanely crazy stats they're faced with between era's and now the new label "Modern Era" of the game.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Dez: Cowboys are 'step closer to Super Bowl' Bryant still believes 2016 can be special and believes the Cowboys can make a Super Bowl run.

Completely delusional. No chance.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Dez: Cowboys are 'step closer to Super Bowl' Bryant still believes 2016 can be special and believes the Cowboys can make a Super Bowl run.

Got tired of listening to music on the drive home yesterday so I switched over to the local sports radio station. They had a caller who reminded me of you with his statement.

He claimed to be a big Cowboy fan and said he could already tell you how Dallas's season will go next year. He said Jerry will sign Manziel because he loves a circus.

Romo will start season's first four games before the inevitable injury winning 3 of 4. Manziel will start next 3 or 4 games winning 2 then will get a DUI and that will be the end of Dallas's season. :lol:

You didn't make any long distance calls to a OKC sports radio show yesterday afternoon did you? :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: Dez: Cowboys are 'step closer to Super Bowl' Bryant still believes 2016 can be special and believes the Cowboys can make a Super Bowl run.
Got tired of listening to music on the drive home yesterday so I switched over to the local sports radio station. They had a caller who reminded me of you with his statement.

He claimed to be a big Cowboy fan and said he could already tell you how Dallas's season will go next year. He said Jerry will sign Manziel because he loves a circus.

Romo will start season's first four games before the inevitable injury winning 3 of 4. Manziel will start next 3 or 4 games winning 2 then will get a DUI and that will be the end of Dallas's season. :lol:

You didn't make any long distance calls to a OKC sports radio show yesterday afternoon did you? :lol:
Today someone on the Skins or a former Skins player is claiming that he knows RGME is going to Dallas next season.
Thanks but no thanks. Dallas does not need RGME or Manziel.
Matter of fact, Manziel needs rehab and RGME probably needs a tutorial on how to be a QB.
These 2 are both losers and neither of them deserves a job in the NFL.
Just my two cents
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Stop digging a hole for yourself, dickhead.

Either Manziel or RG3 WILL be a Cowboy next season, and you are gonna have to backpedal and pretend you love them.

I've been telling you this all season. Get ready, muchacho.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Stop digging a hole for yourself, dickhead.

Either Manziel or RG3 WILL be a Cowboy next season, and you are gonna have to backpedal and pretend you love them.

I've been telling you this all season. Get ready, muchacho.
no i will not. forget about it. those 2 combined are not much better than a HS quarterback.
one is a drunk and the other loves social media & making commercials.
what's the common denominator? neither loves playing the QB position.
WTF

Post by WTF »

I'm pretty sure RGIII at least has the ability to be a good QB somewhere. Manziel? Nope. Spoiled rich kid. He's fucked. But someone will pick him up. Maybe the Texans?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:I'm pretty sure RGIII at least has the ability to be a good QB somewhere. Manziel? Nope. Spoiled rich kid. He's fucked. But someone will pick him up. Maybe the Texans?
WTF-I think the odds of Manziel getting picked up are probably less than 25%. About time this kid is shown the door for good. Poor Browns "wasted" another 1st round pick on a QB that clearly never had the makings of a NFL quarterback.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
WTF wrote:I'm pretty sure RGIII at least has the ability to be a good QB somewhere. Manziel? Nope. Spoiled rich kid. He's fucked. But someone will pick him up. Maybe the Texans?
WTF-I think the odds of Manziel getting picked up are probably less than 25%. About time this kid is shown the door for good. Poor Browns "wasted" another 1st round pick on a QB that clearly never had the makings of a NFL quarterback.
It's a beautiful thing that the Browns keep drafting Bust #1 QBs, and they keep ending up in Cowboys uniforms.
:lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WTF wrote:Jerry Rice: LYFT driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9gJYGkfyM
I played some High School ball but just couldn't get to the next level! :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of San Fran, they're pretty upset over the Super Bowl. Talk about a bunch of shit between the NFL and the Mayor. This is how people and the community gets fucked.

Why is everybody in San Francisco so mad about the Super Bowl 50 statues?
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/29/1 ... rification

In the run-up to Super Bowl 50, gigantic, 1,600-pound "50" signs have been placed around many of San Francisco's most charming locales: the Palace of Fine Arts, Alamo Square and City Hall, among other planned locations.
The statues made news this week because, well, San Franciscans keep defacing them. On Wednesday night, the City Hall statue's letters were rearranged to read "SUP BRO." Alamo Square's "50," which was modified to "SUPERB OWL" this week, has previously been tagged with the words "F*** ED LEE," after the mayor.

But why, you might ask, would the good people of San Francisco be unhappy? The Super Bowl is a moment for the city to shine -- shouldn't its residents be thrilled? Why wouldn't they be excited to have Super Bowl 50 signs around the city?

The Super Bowl is actually in Santa Clara

The obvious one: The Super Bowl is not, in fact, taking place in San Francisco. The game will be some 45 miles south -- an hour's drive if you luck out with traffic. The Super Bowl 50 Committee is still holding a lot of events in the city, however, and has closed off a section of downtown San Francisco to build Super Bowl City, a fan-oriented pavilion that opens on Saturday.

This is particularly sensitive, because ...San Francisco is footing a lot of the bill

San Francisco taxpayers have good reason to be concerned. A Jan. 15 report from the San Francisco city controller's office noted the people of San Francisco are currently on the hook for more than $5 million. Among these costs? A $12,000 bill for security at a dinner for NFL owners at City Hall.

The controller's report also noted that San Francisco, unlike Santa Clara, failed to negotiate a written agreement with the Super Bowl Host Committee, meaning a lot of IOUs can be expected.

Also of note: the city waived the bulk of the standard fees to install the "50" statues. "The permit fees were waived as this is part of the civic celebration," said San Francisco Recreation and Park Department spokeswoman Sarah Madland.

---------------------------------------------------------

Simply put......

San Francisco is flipping a 5 million dollar bill for a Super Bowl that's going to be held in Santa Clara. Santa Clara made written agreements with the NFL Committee to pay for shit while San Francisco took IOU's........A $12,000 bill for security at a dinner for NFL owners at City Hall? :lol:

Don't worry NFL Rich Guys, My City's tax payers will pick up the check, don't bother.

I'm sure San Fran will pull in some accommodation revenue and such but who'd really going to be banking. The NFL as always.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Took this from ESPN. With every single new report, the leaders of the NFL must be laughing all the way to the bank. The league does not care about the current or former players. Very sad situation that is only going to get worse with each new case
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... -cte-death
Doctor: 'No question' that NFL great Ken Stabler had CTE

He's a quarterback, but we've found CTE now in every single football position. He played for a very long time. And, you know, that's something that is a red flag for us because in all our studies, we're finding that CTE risk is really associated with duration of playing football.

"He played for 28 years. He began at the age of 9. He played a very long time in the NFL. So it's not really a surprise that he might have developed this disease."
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado wrote:
no i will not. forget about it.
And there it is in a nutshell.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Machado wrote:
no i will not. forget about it.
And there it is in a nutshell.

Pretty much. But there are so many fucking nutshells with this idiot that the floor around his computer must look like a dive bar.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

It's funny that Matardo is so quick to call Griffin and Maziel losers. They both won Heismans, were first round draft picks, and both are millionaires. That's really gotta suck.

On the flip side, Matardo doesn't know how to use indoor plumbing.

Matardo wins.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:It's funny that Matardo is so quick to call Griffin and Maziel losers. They both won Heismans, were first round draft picks, and both are millionaires. That's really gotta suck.

On the flip side, Matardo doesn't know how to use indoor plumbing.

Matardo wins.
Gritt-It's a new month and you are still obsessed. Move on, son!

My reference to both of them being losers is mostly based on their achievements in the NFL. Neither has done much in the NFL.
Who cares that each won a Heisman. Who cares that they were 1st round picks. And last but not least, who cares they are millionaires.
None of that equates to being a NFL Quarterback, let alone a successful one.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Took this from ESPN. With every single new report, the leaders of the NFL must be laughing all the way to the bank. The league does not care about the current or former players. Very sad situation that is only going to get worse with each new case

He's a quarterback, but we've found CTE now in every single football position. He played for a very long time. And, you know, that's something that is a red flag for us because in all our studies, we're finding that CTE risk is really associated with duration of playing football.

"He played for 28 years. He began at the age of 9. He played a very long time in the NFL. So it's not really a surprise that he might have developed this disease."

NOW......Start compare these fucking CTE findings to anyone else already. ANYONE for fuck sake!

Other then a boxer and football players! How many millions of people die from the same symptoms that they are not studying, find a link to this disease already.

For the love of fuck lets see them compared to Alzheimer's and dementia patients or the millions of others who suffer from the same symptoms from other walks of life. When they get around to doing that they might be able to move ahead but all the headlines want is Football and CTE.

This shit is so incomplete it's global warming and people are buying it. I'm years into this fucking subject and I'm tired of this one sided story's.

One study of a Military man in the artillery division who was proven with CTE isn't enough. When they open this up, when they find CTE is in ALL walks of life and everyone who pointed fingers OMG NFL there's going to be a lot of quiet people.

That's the fine print they don't tell you but the sheep will jump off the cliff screaming it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Took this from ESPN. With every single new report, the leaders of the NFL must be laughing all the way to the bank. The league does not care about the current or former players. Very sad situation that is only going to get worse with each new case

NOW......Start compare these fucking CTE findings to anyone else already. ANYONE for fuck sake!

Other then a boxer and football players! How many millions of people die from the same symptoms that they are not studying, find a link to this disease already.

For the love of fuck lets see them compared to Alzheimer's and dementia patients or the millions of others who suffer from the same symptoms from other walks of life. When they get around to doing that they might be able to move ahead but all the headlines want is Football and CTE.

This shit is so incomplete it's global warming and people are buying it. I'm years into this fucking subject and I'm tired of this one sided story's.

One study of a Military man in the artillery division who was proven with CTE isn't enough. When they open this up, when they find CTE is in ALL walks of life and everyone who pointed fingers OMG NFL there's going to be a lot of quiet people.

That's the fine print they don't tell you but the sheep will jump off the cliff screaming it.
Roger Goodell just walked into the locker room and posted
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

SB NATION COWBOYS HOME PAGE!

Cowboys News: The Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III Rumors Fly Again
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/2/3 ... iii-rumors

Former Redskins TE Chris Cooley On Robert Griffin: "He's going to go to Dallas." - OCC, Blogging The Boys

------------------------------

USA TODAY - It's going to be so awesome when Johnny Manziel goes to the Cowboys!
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/johnny- ... so-awesome

-------------------

5 teams desperate enough to sign Johnny Manziel
1. Dallas Cowboys

The obvious choice. Manziel wants to go there, and Jerry Jones wanted to pick him in 2014. Following the Cowboys’ signing of Greg Hardy, Jones also talked repeatedly about using football as an avenue to rehabilitate players, so that same logic would obviously apply here for Manziel. The Cowboys are still Romo’s team, but given his propensity for injuries a dynamic backup would certainly help.

------------------
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Roger Goodell just walked into the locker room and posted

He has more important issues like watching replays of Cam Newton's dance while getting San Francisco to flip the bill for all those stupid signs they planted across the city that's being vandalized.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Roger Goodell just walked into the locker room and posted

FACT - in 90 years all doctors can do is diagnose it via brain autopsy. It's been found in people who did not play sports after high school or college. They, don't, know, enough, about, this, degenerative, disease.

“We know CTE affects a small group of high contact-sports athletes, primarily boxers and football players, who have absorbed repeated blows to the head,” says Mannix.

But there’s a great deal experts don’t know.

They have not determined the prevalence of CTE in the general population, and the events leading from concussion to CTE are not well described.

“More research is needed to understand CTE and determine whether risk factors such as sports participation, multiple concussions and subconcussive blows are the only cause of CTE,” says Mannix.

“Our knowledge of CTE is extremely limited,”
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FYI.

Ken Stabler died on July 8, a victim of colon cancer.

If he wasn't my favorite player I'd say, like machado he could have got CTE because his head was up his ass.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:FYI.

Ken Stabler died on July 8, a victim of colon cancer.

If he wasn't my favorite player I'd say, like machado he could have got CTE because his head was up his ass.
Ute
What are you babbling about this time?
Don't tell me when he passed away. I am fully aware when he passed away. Stop pretending you are educating anybody around here.
Did anybody say CTE caused his death? What is being said is here is another former NFL player that was suffering from CTE.