The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:FYI.

Ken Stabler died on July 8, a victim of colon cancer.

If he wasn't my favorite player I'd say, like machado he could have got CTE because his head was up his ass.
Ute
What are you babbling about this time?
Don't tell me when he passed away. I am fully aware when he passed away. Stop pretending you are educating anybody around here.
Did anybody say CTE caused his death? What is being said is here is another former NFL player that was suffering from CTE.
Then why didn't you bring it up? Why blame the NFL? Funny how you didn't mention it before.

What about blaming his College and his High School? You seen CTE and went into a rant over the NFL laughing when back in his days no one had a clue about CTE! And still don't.

Your "submit" was as empty and incomplete as the inside of your skull. Admit it, you didn't know shit.

How about being an alcoholic, cocaine hard partying football player from High School on who put in 20+ years. Think that's a bad combination like a lot of these guys did.

Look at me, I'm talking to Mr SAT's.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

What's lame is Stabler wasn't/isn't in the HOF before his death.

Stabler was the fastest to win 100 games as a starting quarterback, having done so in 150 games, which bettered Johnny Unitas' previous mark of 153 games. Since then, only Terry Bradshaw in 147 games, Joe Montana in 139 games and Tom Brady in 131 games have reached 100 wins more quickly. Stabler is also the only quarterback from the NFL's All-1970's team not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Preaching to the choir on Stabler being in the hall of fame.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Preaching to the choir on Stabler being in the hall of fame.
Not that it matters much now, it's unjustified Stabler had to die before the NFL I'm guessing will finally put him in the HOF.

Ken's been blackballed for his off the field shit.
Ever read his book or some of his story's? He was an insanely cool partying dude with brass balls who had more then his share of problems.

Like, at the age of 16, Stabler's drunk father stuck a shotgun in his face......To the big story of Ken planting cocaine on a journalist and had him busted.

There's no proof Ken had anything to do with it and everything I've read is that Padecky the journalist tried to dig up dirt and asked too many questions to the wrong people and they treated him with small town hospitality. I don't believe Ken was involved but I've have my guesses who schemed it up.
Stabler comes from Alabama and played for the tide, in 1979 as a journalist you don't go into small towns looking to dig up dirt and smear one of their stars players. You know how small town people and College Alumni take their football and their stars. My theory is some of the towns people and the police were involved.

Either way, Stabler was a hell of a football player, my childhood #1 favorite who also had a lot of vices during his day. He ended up with a lot of good, bad and interesting story's but deep down was a good likable guy who had a hell of a ride.

Ken Stabler:
“The collecting of female undergarments became an annual rite of training camp for many of the Raiders,” “I liked to tack my collection up on the walls.”

This is the most bizarre Ken Stabler story
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... ler-story/
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

I have to admit, even though I was not ever a Raiders fan I liked Stabler. And Lester Hayes. One of my other favorite QBs from that era was Billy Fucking Kilmer.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Holy fuck balls! I pulled up Amazon an hour ago to buy Ken Stablers book "Snake"

Prices were all over the place, sometimes I see shit like that. Hard covers were around $84 up to $480 new, used and collectible. Same with paperback but there were several around $15 with the rest $40 on up to $80.

So I put a used $15 in my shopping cart and was going to buy when I got my card out. So I got side tracked for a few and at most ONE HOUR LATER I get my card, pull up my shopping cart and "This item is no longer available from the seller you selected."

They all jumped up to $80 to $200 to $500! In the blink of an eye, never seen anything like it. One Unknown Binding was $1,503.42

Same fucking thing with barns n noble at the same fucking time. It said $4.99 paperback, $15.99 hard copy but when came back I clicked on the paper back the price said $604 paperback and it don't show the hard copy.

"Snake" by Ken Stabler is selling faster then Jimmy Buffett Tickets WTF? Clearly the book is out of print and I guess with the new news they exploded and I lost my shot just because I got side tracked. Mother fucking fuck a duck, what's the saying, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

FUCKKKKKKK! Instead of kicking the FG I went for it on 4th down and lost.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

UtahRatt wrote:Holy fuck balls! I pulled up Amazon an hour ago to buy Ken Stablers book "Snake"

Prices were all over the place, sometimes I see shit like that. Hard covers were around $84 up to $480 new, used and collectible. Same with paperback but there were several around $15 with the rest $40 on up to $80.

So I put a used $15 in my shopping cart and was going to buy when I got my card out. So I got side tracked for a few and at most ONE HOUR LATER I get my card, pull up my shopping cart and "This item is no longer available from the seller you selected."

They all jumped up to $80 to $200 to $500! In the blink of an eye, never seen anything like it. One Unknown Binding was $1,503.42

Same fucking thing with barns n noble at the same fucking time. It said $4.99 paperback, $15.99 hard copy but when came back I clicked on the paper back the price said $604 paperback and it don't show the hard copy.

"Snake" by Ken Stabler is selling faster then Jimmy Buffett Tickets WTF? Clearly the book is out of print and I guess with the new news they exploded and I lost my shot just because I got side tracked. Mother fucking fuck a duck, what's the saying, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

FUCKKKKKKK! Instead of kicking the FG I went for it on 4th down and lost.
Probably sold as fast as this one did (back in Nov.), from someone underpricing it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snake-Kenny-Sta ... Sw7hRWPTw8
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Ya and now on Amazon you see a bunch of new sellers.....Not even one fucking hour and they blew out the door like cops busting a party.

Fuck I'm pissed, I had the book at one time ages ago but I loaned it to a friend or gave it away. I just want to read it again. Wonder what the odds are on a reprint. I'm shocked.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Dez: Cowboys are 'step closer to Super Bowl' Bryant still believes 2016 can be special and believes the Cowboys can make a Super Bowl run.

Completely delusional. No chance.
Got tired of listening to music on the drive home yesterday so I switched over to the local sports radio station. They had a caller who reminded me of you with his statement.

He claimed to be a big Cowboy fan and said he could already tell you how Dallas's season will go next year. He said Jerry will sign Manziel because he loves a circus.

Romo will start season's first four games before the inevitable injury winning 3 of 4. Manziel will start next 3 or 4 games winning 2 then will get a DUI and that will be the end of Dallas's season. :lol:

You didn't make any long distance calls to a OKC sports radio show yesterday afternoon did you? :lol:
Haahaha.. Nope, not me, but, that is some funny shit, and could possibly turn out to be true.

I can agree with that Jerry does love a circus, and , wouldn't put it past Jerry to sign either Griffin or Manziel. Both would sell jerseys as Levi stated in here.

Can also agree that Romo is going to be more vulnerable to injury this coming season, so, who knows.

I see a very shitty off season in store for me.. lol
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Who here gets a little melancholy this time of year knowing that football is almost over? :lol:

I know I do I'm not talking like the holiday blues or anything like that but for me the NFL and college game are really the only sports I follow real close.

I keep up with the NBA but nothing like I do with football?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Who here gets a little melancholy this time of year knowing that football is almost over? :lol:

I know I do I'm not talking like the holiday blues or anything like that but for me the NFL and college game are really the only sports I follow real close.

I keep up with the NBA but nothing like I do with football?
I usually do ok because just three weeks after the Super Bowl comes the new fiscal year so it means guys getting released and the start of free agency and draft hype.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Are you throwing a bye bye to RG3 party this year? :lol:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Are you throwing a bye bye to RG3 party this year? :lol:
It's definitely a celebration since he will be in Dallas and we all get to see Matardo proclaim him the savior of the franchise.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Hey UtahRatt have you bothered to look to see if Stabler's bio is available in kindle?

I've bought a few books for my iPad and it's actually pretty cool to have them on there.

You can kick back in your comfy chair to read them and not have to hold on to anything or have any bad lighting issues.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Are you throwing a bye bye to RG3 party this year? :lol:
It's definitely a celebration since he will be in Dallas and we all get to see Matardo proclaim him the savior of the franchise.
I might have to buy a Dallas RG3 Jersey. I never got around to buying a Skins one.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I would say you and Matardo could be jersey buddies but we all know he's too cheap to buy one.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

So Manning had hired muscle go to the house of the parents of the guy who spoke to Al Jazeera. He recanted his story two days later. Hmmmmmm.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:So Manning had hired muscle go to the house of the parents of the guy who spoke to Al Jazeera. He recanted his story two days later. Hmmmmmm.
I like where this story is going.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:So Manning had hired muscle go to the house of the parents of the guy who spoke to Al Jazeera. He recanted his story two days later. Hmmmmmm.
As a person who despises Manning and think he's a complete phony, I'm loving every bit of this.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
As a person who despises Manning and think he's a complete phony, I'm loving every bit of this.
And yet for whatever reason he's still hated less than Brady and his deflated balls...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

It's sickening.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

I actually can't stand Brady more than Manning. I'd still prefer to see Cam and the Panthers lay the smackdown on the Broncos...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I can understand not liking a player or team but every time I hear Brady deflated balls I laugh inside. Even after the QB's who admitted they did it and it's always went on. Compared to what Goodell, the NFL and every team in the league does it's so trivial. It's been happening since the day the game was invented. If Ray's video wasn't leaked he'd still be playing with the truth swept under the rug.

Anyway, old news.....Current funnies.

Goodell said this year the NFL was going to do a lot of random PSI inspections across the league as a deterrent to prevent this from being a problem. When asked what he found at the end of the season he basically said.....We looked the stats and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. When asked about the stats Goodell said they didn't keep the stats and wont be doing it this coming season.....Ya big deal. That's how bid of a deal it wasn't.

There's a book Cheating Is Encouraged: A Hard-Nosed History of the 1970s Raiders. Every team was guilty then and now. How did PED's become the monster it turned into. Because the NFL, Teams and players were all involved in gaining that edge. And it's still going on today. Marcel Reece will start the season on a PED suspension.

But 2PSI out of a ball? Teams have doctoring balls down to a science.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

With that said it's been quite. Kam's dance is stupid and after the Panthers spank the Bronco's there's going to be a lot of....LOL FU HATEORS!
When really it's been the Panthers D that don't get enough credit. I'm sure Hardy won't be watching the game.

Worse is going to be Peyton, I doubt he'll play again. I hate the Bronco's with a passion, not even a fan of Manning but he's one of the greats and I'll miss watching him play. The same with Brady, he wont be far behind.

There really needs to be another QB Class of 1983 draft.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
ISIS or a dissatisfied Papa Murphy's customer?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Unless the Panthers are your team I think the majority of football fans would like to see the fairy tale type ending for Manning and see him ride off into the sunset ala just like his boss Elway did.

Only problem with that is the reality of the situation. The Panthers are going to make this a more one-sided game than a close game that could be a nail biter going down to the wire.

I see the Panthers winning by at least 10 points if not more. If Carolina jumps out to a big lead early it's going to be ugly.

Manning got to beat Brady in the AFC Championship game and that'll be his final good feeling type game for Manning fans.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Pussy vagina tampon?!

-----

NFL: Rooney Rule for Women Execs:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/nfl-ro ... index.html

he NFL's push for diversity is growing.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Thursday at the first NFL Women's Summit that the so-called Rooney Rule will expand to women for all executive positions.

The rule -- named after Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney -- requires that NFL teams interview a diverse group of candidates. For example, teams are required to interview a minority candidate whenever there is a head coach opening.

"We're going to make that commitment, and we're going to formalize that we as a league are going to do that for women as well as in all of our executive positions," Goodell said.

Goodell kicked off the two-day event in San Francisco with references to his twin 14-year-old daughters and 11 nieces.

Condoleezza Rice gave Thursday's keynote address. Thursday's session also featured female sports leaders of past and present, including tennis legend Billie Jean King; champion pro golfer Annika Sorenstam; Sarah Thomas, the first female NFL official; and Jen Welter, the first female coach in the NFL.

The summit sought to bring together prominent leaders from sports, government, media and other fields to support the future success of young women personally and professionally.

Friday's keynote speaker is Serena Williams. Others participating include Jane Goodell, wife of the NFL commissioner; ABC's Robin Roberts; and ESPN's Jessica Mendoza. The summit concludes Friday.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

eddie lee roth wrote:Unless the Panthers are your team I think the majority of football fans would like to see the fairy tale type ending for Manning and see him ride off into the sunset ala just like his boss Elway did.

My reasons for pulling for the Broncos in this one are different. Fuck Peyton Manning, but fuck the Panthers too. (I'm a Saints fan). I'm pulling for the Broncos here because of Demarcus Ware.

He's the most famous football player to come out of my alma mater, and also one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Yeah, Mario Addison for the Panthers is a Troy guy too, but I've never drank beer with him.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Unless the Panthers are your team I think the majority of football fans would like to see the fairy tale type ending for Manning and see him ride off into the sunset ala just like his boss Elway did.

My reasons for pulling for the Broncos in this one are different. Fuck Peyton Manning, but fuck the Panthers too. (I'm a Saints fan). I'm pulling for the Broncos here because of Demarcus Ware.

He's the most famous football player to come out of my alma mater, and also one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Yeah, Mario Addison for the Panthers is a Troy guy too, but I've never drank beer with him.
I'm a Falcons fan from Northeast GA, and I'm only rooting for the Panthers because they're the closest team to my hometown. Let me know when Matty Ice and Julio lead the Dirty Birds back to the SB so I can truly start caring about the actual game and not just the ads again...
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Matt Ryan will never be a SB QB.