The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Facedown »

Boring game, Denver D was awesome again. Von Miller = Beast.
Denver could have won with Ryan Leaf at QB, Peyton flat out sucked.

Can a Manning brother win a SB without it being gift wrapped or once in a lifetime catches? :mrgreen:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

sin wrote:You thought Marshawn Lynch's tweet was classy? I consider it attention whoring. You want to talk about Seattle in a good light then we can talk about how Cam Newton took a giant step in eliminating the comparisons between himself and Russell Wilson. Wilson has proven he can knows how to lose with dignity and respect.

I don't think you know what "attention whoring" means. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't like the media spotlight.

HE'S FUCKING FAMOUS FOR IT.

So let me catch you up on what the term "attention whoring" means.

"Attention whoring" is holding a press conference and crying like a bitch, retiring, then immediately petitioning the NFL for reinstatement.

"Attention whoring" is calling a press conference, retiring from basketball, going to minor league baseball, then un-retiring, then holding a second media parade to announce your retirement numero dos.

Attention whoring is NOT a wordless, poignant tweet posted when the entire sports world is looking the other direction.

You're fucking-a right about Wilson, though.

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Getting back to Dungy in the hall of fame. What credentials does he have?

Person A: four super bowl championships (two as player, two as head coach), 97-87 regular season record, 8-3 postseason record.

Person B: two super bowl championships (one as player, one as head coach), 139-69 regular season, 9-10 postseason record.

Person A has never been had a sniff of the hall of fame even though he won two Super Bowls as a head coach and had a far superior postseason record.

Person B was elected to the hall of fame because he's likable.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

exitflagger wrote:I love how before the game if you didn't like Cam Newton you had racist tendencies. But now after the game he acts like a pouty little bitch and suddenly everybody's on the same page.

He is a gloating winner and a sore loser and it has absolutely zero to do with the color of his skin. So can we get over that shit already?
his peers are slaying him online and rightfully so.
thanks to whomever posted the Romanowski tweet. if Bill and Cam were face to face, Bill would have spat on him :lol:
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote: his peers are slaying him online and rightfully so.
thanks to whomever posted the Romanowski tweet. if Bill and Cam were face to face, Bill would have spat on him :lol:
I don't care for Cam's on the field antics, but anyone defending Romanowski (whether his "boy" comment was racist or not) is a douche. Romanowski is one of the cheapest, dirtiest cunts ever in the game.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I happy to be dead wrong about the score. Fuck Cam Newton.

The antithesis to his lack of class yesterday was this:

Goodbye, you Skittle-eating motherfucker of a monster. We'll miss ya.
I don't think doing it during the Superbowl was particularly classy.
Last edited by demolition23 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Romanowski has always been a dirty, roided out creep.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:
Machado wrote: his peers are slaying him online and rightfully so.
I don't care for Cam's on the field antics, but anyone defending Romanowski (whether his "boy" comment was racist or not) is a douche. Romanowski is one of the cheapest, dirtiest cunts ever in the game.
yes, Romanowski was a dirty player. he also took PED's, so that might explain why he was very high strung.
tbh, i didn't pay attention to his "boy" comment. i was more interested in knowing that another NFL player was critical of Cam leaving the press conference in the manner he did.
i guess one cannot dap after a LOSS!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Gritt wrote:Getting back to Dungy in the hall of fame. What credentials does he have?

Person A: four super bowl championships (two as player, two as head coach), 97-87 regular season record, 8-3 postseason record.

Person B: two super bowl championships (one as player, one as head coach), 139-69 regular season, 9-10 postseason record.

Person A has never been had a sniff of the hall of fame even though he won two Super Bowls as a head coach and had a far superior postseason record.

I'm not here to defend Dungy but based solely on those numbers, I see a hugely impressive regular season record. Tempered by average postseason results, sure, but winning 67% of your games is a LOT more impressive than winning 53% over slowly fewer seasons. Without knowing the level of involvement each coach had in their wins as a player, I'd lean towards the second guy.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt

Post by Gritt »

demolition23 wrote:
Gritt wrote:Getting back to Dungy in the hall of fame. What credentials does he have?

I'm not here to defend Dungy but based solely on those numbers, I see a hugely impressive regular season record. Tempered by average postseason results, sure, but winning 67% of your games is a LOT more impressive than winning 53% over slowly fewer seasons. Without knowing the level of involvement each coach had in their wins as a player, I'd lean towards the second guy.
I don't think either guy should be in the hall of fame. My argument is that Dungy had a ten year run that was impressive but when it really mattered he didn't deliver. For me, a postseason record under .500 is inexcusable for a hall of famer.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Image

What does Cam Newton have that Tony Romo doesn't have? An MVP and a Super Bowl appearance.

Laugh it up corky. Your team went 4-12.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:Image

What does Cam Newton have that Tony Romo doesn't have? An MVP and a Super Bowl appearance.

Laugh it up corky. Your team went 4-12.
weak attempt at humor(again). talk about Romo all you want. i'm sure he is in your dreams on the regular.

4-12 and losing in the SB. just about the same thing=NOT A CHAMP!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

They're not the same thing you moron. So few players ever even make it to the Super Bowl. Newton is one of 57 men to have started a Super Bowl. His performance and behavior weren't what I had hoped for but to call him a loser is asinine.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:They're not the same thing you moron. So few players ever even make it to the Super Bowl. Newton is one of 57 men to have started a Super Bowl. His performance and behavior weren't what I had hoped for but to call him a loser is asinine.
ok Nancy. whatever trips your trigger.
IMO, he's a big time loser and that was before his post game behavior.
Cam thought that by showing up to the game someone was going to hand him a trophy. not how it works.
i didn't have a horse in this race but seeing Cam lose the way he did and then add insult to injury by walking out of his press conference cements that he is a great reg season player and nothing else.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cam has already denounced that letter :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Saw this on Twitter:

C. Carter is defending Cam. C'mon, man!I just heard Cris Carter say, he'd rather see Cam walk away than say something to "take the shine off his career." C'MON, MAN!
Cris Carter is also the guy who told players to "find a fall guy" for when they get into trouble.. C'mon Man is correct!!!
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

4-12 and losing the Suoer Bowl aren't even close to the same thing. I recall Roger Staubach losing a Super Bowl too. Nobody in their right mind could ever call that guy a loser for it. Newton probably still has some maturing to do, but he's still a hella good NFL QB. Carolina had a great year, but Denver's D was a work of art last night.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Much respect for Wilson. Dude's a stand up guy.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:4-12 and losing the Suoer Bowl aren't even close to the same thing. I recall Roger Staubach losing a Super Bowl too. Nobody in their right mind could ever call that guy a loser for it. Newton probably still has some maturing to do, but he's still a hella good NFL QB. Carolina had a great year, but Denver's D was a work of art last night.
why say probably? he obviously has a lot of maturing to do. don't go easy on him. if he wants to DAP every game and tell anybody that is listening how great he is, well it was time for him to prove that very point after losing the most important game of his career.
he failed
he choked
he is not as great as he thought he was. let's see if his social media game is on point now?
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
bane wrote:4-12 and losing the Suoer Bowl aren't even close to the same thing. I recall Roger Staubach losing a Super Bowl too. Nobody in their right mind could ever call that guy a loser for it. Newton probably still has some maturing to do, but he's still a hella good NFL QB. Carolina had a great year, but Denver's D was a work of art last night.
why say probably? he obviously has a lot of maturing to do. don't go easy on him. if he wants to DAP every game and tell anybody that is listening how great he is, well it was time for him to prove that very point after losing the most important game of his career.
he failed
he choked
he is not as great as he thought he was. let's see if his social media game is on point now?
Other than not covering that fumble last night., I don't see that loss being on Newton. He was sacked 6 times and his receivers dropped just about every contested pass that came their way. His kicker missed a field goal and it was still a six point game until the very end. I don't think Newton lost it as much as Denver won it.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Romo is this generations Jim Everett a complete joke on a sissy team

Kelly is HOF qb because of going 0-4 in Super Bowl, Cam is fun player in No Fun League
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

bane wrote:
Machado wrote:
he failed
he choked
Other than not covering that fumble last night., I don't see that loss being on Newton. He was sacked 6 times and his receivers dropped just about every contested pass that came their way. His kicker missed a field goal and it was still a six point game until the very end. I don't think Newton lost it as much as Denver won it.
How many drops did Carolina have last night? It was pretty brutal.

I also agree that Denver won it. Their defense was insane. When a quarterback as mobile as Cam gets dropped six times and can't get away you know they ran into a buzz saw.

One thing that I don't think has gotten enough attention is the refs completely blowing the first Carolina challenge on the catch that they ruled incomplete. The ball never touched the ground and it seemed pretty cut and dry. That was a big play as Carolina was starting to get a bit of rhythm and that just snuffed it out.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Hear what Chris Harris Jr. said to make Cam Newton storm from his presser

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/02 ... s-presser/
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:

I also agree that Denver won it. Their defense was insane. When a quarterback as mobile as Cam gets dropped six times and can't get away you know they ran into a buzz saw.

One thing that I don't think has gotten enough attention is the refs completely blowing the first Carolina challenge on the catch that they ruled incomplete. The ball never touched the ground and it seemed pretty cut and dry. That was a big play as Carolina was starting to get a bit of rhythm and that just snuffed it out.
The NFL has no idea what a catch is and what an incomplete pass is. That was clearly a catch. What more can a receiver do but not allow the ball to hit the ground?
I think a big play in the game was when Stewart, the Panthers RB has to be forced out of the game with that bum ankle. He never seemed to be the same runner after. Take him away and that duel threat Cam wants to run so often is not a threat anymore.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:

The NFL has no idea what a catch is and what an incomplete pass is. That was clearly a catch. What more can a receiver do but not allow the ball to hit the ground?
I think a big play in the game was when Stewart, the Panthers RB has to be forced out of the game with that bum ankle. He never seemed to be the same runner after. Take him away and that duel threat Cam wants to run so often is not a threat anymore.
The call was brutal. The ball never hit the ground and he had it under control.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Yeah,

So was Calvin Johnson's and Dez Bryant's..

Big deal..

One fuckin play didn't ruin that game for them. They came in cocky and got owned by the Broncos Defense.

And, Machado. Just shut the fuck up... There's no fucking reason to post pics of crybaby like that, considering he has gotten further in the NFL gamewise than ANY player that is on the Cowboys right now.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

[/quote]

I don't think you know what "attention whoring" means. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't like the media spotlight.

HE'S FUCKING FAMOUS FOR IT.

So let me catch you up on what the term "attention whoring" means.

"Attention whoring" is holding a press conference and crying like a bitch, retiring, then immediately petitioning the NFL for reinstatement.

"Attention whoring" is calling a press conference, retiring from basketball, going to minor league baseball, then un-retiring, then holding a second media parade to announce your retirement numero dos.

Attention whoring is NOT a wordless, poignant tweet posted when the entire sports world is looking the other direction.

You're fucking-a right about Wilson, though.

[/quote]

I'm not surprised that a guy with oversize yellow font doesn't think that Marshawn Lynch wasn't looking for attention.
scarred but smarter
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

There's no two ways about it, Cam and the Panthers came in showboating and got beat. After the game Cam walked out before saying something else stupid.
If the Panthers won Cam would still be in front of a camera. I went from liking the Panthers to wanting to see Denver win. That's mentally insane considering the hate I have towards Denver.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.