The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Gritt »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Maybe the Bears can work out a trade with the Bills and get LeSean McCoy. Sounds like he can dish out the punishment pretty good. He's a real hard hitter.

I see what you did there.
I do too but it's not necessary to best us over the head with it.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Hey, look, it’s Cam Newton saying thanks for a great season to his teammates and fans on Instagram. Oh, and the Panthers QB just happened to be posing for the photo in front of a picture of Muhammad Ali! Wearing a t-shirt that says, “I win my way” … five days after his Panthers lost the Super Bowl....
http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/12/cam-ne ... instagram/

I WIN MY WAY? Isn't football still a team sport?

Hub Arkush got a lot of flack for Newton's scouting report BEFORE the Super Bowl.
The report had a lot of things–calling Newton “very disingenuous”, “having a fake smile,” and a “sense of entitlement” among a myriad of things. Arkush details how he asked Nawrocki before publishing and was comfortable with multiple Auburn and league sources who contributed to that information.

With that said, Cam is still a great player....And it's possible he'll grow up. Maybe.

---------------

*Edit* Found the full scouting report.....

Here is the portion of the scouting report on Newton that set people’s hair on fire.

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup.

“Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room ... Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
WTF wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Forte in a Patriots jersey.
-Word.

Bill has mentioned several times how much he likes Forte but you know how Bill don't do big contracts.

Seattle was being talked about but after their last 30yo disaster and big on contracts for old players.

The Panthers was mentioned and using him in a two back but they're working on keeping Josh first.

Forte's mentioned he wants to go to a SB contender, if that's the case he might want to come down on the price.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Funnelhead wrote:Not a good day for Peyton
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2530395
Indeed! But, I don't see any adverse effects to Peyton coming from this. It's not like Nationwide, Papa John, & Direct TV will cut ties with him. Fucker got away with one!
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:
Indeed! But, I don't see any adverse effects to Peyton coming from this. It's not like Nationwide, Papa John, & Direct TV will cut ties with him. Fucker got away with one!
Can't remember her job title but.....
Is this about that athletics trainer bitch where Peyton did something like leaned back and basically tea bagged her as she bent over or some shit? She also had a slew of other complaints then went around collecting settlement after settlement?
Fuck her. I wounder if her settlement money ran out. I read about it back then, she seemed like trouble. Not that I would put it past a tool like Manning either. But she collected pay checks if she wanted it blown up she should have added a lot of stipulations to her settlements. It was the 90's, the media wasn't up everyone's asshole like they are now.

I brushed over that report and stopped at the RACE CARD. Fuck off, like white athletes don't get nailed, how many blacks get away with shit. It's not about RACE it's about college sports and what they'll do to win. Just like the NFL or any SPORT professional or college would do.

She took her money now piss off. She's angry that Peyton grew up and moved on to greater things.

How many college athletes go into the NFL with a little dirt all the way up to a rap sheet...........A LOT.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

This whole holding athletes accountable for sexual assault is helping the pussification of the NFL.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:This whole holding athletes accountable for sexual assault is helping the pussification of the NFL.
For sure. Pussy vagina tampon, right neversurrender?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:This whole holding athletes accountable for sexual assault is helping the pussification of the NFL.
Only if it's against a female.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

And they're not holding them accountable in the NFL........It's at the combines!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Tell us what you really think, Utah! Quit holding back!
I think if the Packers didn't suck and won the Super Bowl none of this Peyton or Cam shit would be talked about.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Holding to the same accountability as Bill Clinton sounds reasonable enough.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

I wholeheartedly agree with UtahRatt that if a woman is sexually assaulted, she should just shut the fuck up about it.

Bitches, amirite?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Holding to the same accountability as Bill Clinton sounds reasonable enough.
Who asked you, you twisted old fruit?

Don't make me post that sig dude. I will. Get out of the locker room. You aren't wanted here.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Fuck off, faggot.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I don't understand why cantstop - noted women's rights activist, and generous benefactor of women who need airline tickets - keeps bringing up Bill Clinton in a discussion about Peyton Manning.

So here:

cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

That's because you're a dense hypocrite.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

cantstopthemusic wrote:That's because you're a dense hypocrite.
1. I didn't say a fucking word about Peyton Manning or offer an opinion on this Daily News article. So where's the hypocrisy?

2. I don't recall defending Bill Clinton on Sludge on ANY issue relating to alleged sexual harassment. So where's the hypocrisy?

3. You've already lost one sig bet to me and disappeared for literally THREE YEARS in embarrassment. Would you like to make another sig bet with me about issues 1 and 2 as listed above?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with UtahRatt that if a woman is sexually assaulted, she should just shut the fuck up about it.

Bitches, amirite?
Was she? How do you know she was? Whats your scoop.

As it's been said, she needs to have DANGER tattooed on her forehead.

Instead of having it all come out in court.......
Naughright has settled and settled and is still suing and settling. What I gather from Naughright is she's a very intelligent vindictive crazy bitch. She's never let it go and picked another good time to nail a smear campaign. All this from allegedly being MOONED by a 19yo. There's a lot more going on then just the Peyton incident and this is coming from someone who worked with domestic violence victims.

I remember when it went down and everything I've read paints a different picture depending on what journalist you pull your information from. Even the court doc's from FSC sounds like she's bipolar and devised another settlement out of court again with the Manning's.
Something did happen with Peyton while at the same time she was apart of all the fun and games until she started filing suits vs everyone. She claimed Peyton's book got her fired from FSC but she never went after the school, no wrongful termination she went after Peyton again. She's made 33 different claims against personal, students and everyone at Tennessee and she's still going.

Fuck, just a few years ago Naughright sued a fashion designer for hooking her up with a physical therapist....Claiming the PT screwed her back up and it's the Designers fault for recommending the PT and that it was done in designer’s bedroom. But she didn't go after the therapist?
I don't like Manning, he probably was a spoiled punk in college but EVERYTHING I've read on Naughright say's she's boiled a rabbit.

I'm the last person on these forums who'd side against a sexually assaulted victim but I'm not buying her story. I also think the Manning's are over privileged brats as well.

This story would make a good movie on the lifetime channel.
-------

The good part is Peyton kept playing and choked vs Nebraska in the 98 Orange Bowl. Ahman Green stomped the Vol's into the ground, Nebraska finished #1 and Peyton barely broke 100yds before being yanked in the end.

As for Naughright being sexually assaulted, she took advantage of a payday and has continued to do so.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

1) NY "rag" Daily News

2) Didn't even notice the author the first time around (BLM "pretend black guy" Shaun King) - which discredits every word he types.

3) Timing (co-ink-e-dink?) = Leave Cam alone!

4) Nope. No agenda there! :lol:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... es-go.html

Wonder when his column on Kobe will be coming out.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Hey you old fossil, how about that sig bet?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dr. Meredith: Always...no, no...never...forget to check your references.

The internet is a cesspool of shoddy biased journalism every time I click a link and read a story anymore I find myself calling bull shit and having to surf ten sites then add that with what I remember just to get some resemblance of facts and the truth. Most story's read like blogs and Facebook posts. Using that crazy bitch as an opening to pull the race card is a Stretch Armstrong. Then being the internet it will get picked up and passed around like an STD.

It would make for a good story, Real Sports, 60 minutes or whatever, a source that would dig it all up and tell it like it is without an agenda. I bet they both would look like they came out of a mud wrestling match. With her on the losing end, except her bank account.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Took this from an article online
Here's the 2016 strength of schedule for each NFL team (Combined 2015 record of all 16 opponents, combined winning percentage)

T-1. San Francisco 49ers: 142-114, .555

T-1. Atlanta Falcons: 142-114, .555

3. Los Angeles Rams: 141-115, .551

4. New Orleans Saints: 140-116, .547

T-5. Seattle Seahawks: 139-117, .543

T-5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 139-117, .543

T-7. Arizona Cardinals: 136-120, .531

T-7. New York Jets: 136-120, .531

9. New England Patriots: 134-122, .523

10. Buffalo Bills: 133-123, .520

11. Miami Dolphins: 132-124, .516

12. Carolina Panthers: 131-125, .512

13. San Diego Chargers: 130-126, .508

14. Denver Broncos: 129-127, .504

15. Oakland Raiders: 128-128, .500

16. Kansas City Chiefs: 127-129, .496

17. Washington Redskins: 126-130, .492

18. Minnesota Vikings: 125-131, .488

T-19. Houston Texans: 124-132, .484

T-19. Baltimore Ravens: 124-132, .484

21. Cleveland Browns: 123-133, .480

22. Indianapolis Colts: 122-134, .477

T-23. Pittsburgh Steelers: 121-135, .473

T-23. Tennessee Titans: 121-135, .473

T-23. Jacksonville Jaguars: 121-135, .473

26. Philadelphia Eagles: 120-136, .469

T-27. Cincinnati Bengals: 119-137, .465

T-27. Detroit Lions: 119-137, .465

T-27. Dallas Cowboys: 119-137, .465

T-30. Chicago Bears: 118-138, .461

T-30. New York Giants: 118-138, .461

32. Green Bay Packers: 117-139, .457

If you're curious about the scheduling formula, here's how the NFL does it: Under the formula implemented in 2002, every team plays 16 games as follows --

Home and away against its three division opponents (six games).
The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (four games).
The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (four games).
Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (two games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions that the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.
Beginning in 2010, a change was made to how teams are paired in the schedule rotation to ensure that teams playing the AFC and NFC West divisions would not be required to make two West Coast trips (e.g., at San Francisco and at Seattle), while other teams in their division had none (e.g., at St. Louis and at Arizona)
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Oh god. Now are we going to have to explain what first place schedules are again?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

This is a cool way to say I'm outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdmHqTH2oug
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Oh god. Now are we going to have to explain what first place schedules are again?
Responding isn't going to help. Give the fucker an etch a sketch and figure it out. It's like BINGO or fucking KENO. OK?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

B/R NFL 1000: Ranking the Top 50 Quarterbacks from 2015
Feb 15, 2016

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607 ... -from-2015

Not sure about your teams or how you'd rate the QB's but....
9. Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders.

As a fan of a team that's only had a couple great QB's in their franchise history and only for a short time there might be some hope. I like Carr but not totally sold on the future if he'll ever become a top QB. I see holes in his game that some QB's never over come. Don't really agree with all the writers ratings but that's his break down.

Let's say I'd make more then a few changes.

50. EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills
49. Case Keenum, St. Louis Rams
48. Geno Smith, New York Jets
47. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
46. T.J. Yates, Houston Texans
45. Luke McCown, New Orleans Saints
44. Mark Sanchez, Philadelphia Eagles
43. Michael Vick, Pittsburgh Steelers
42. Ryan Mallett, Baltimore Ravens
41. Nick Foles, St. Louis Rams
40. Matt Cassel, Dallas Cowboys
39. AJ McCarron, Cincinnati Bengals
38. Zach Mettenberger, Tennessee Titans
37. Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
36. Brandon Weeden, Houston Texans
35. Matt Schaub, Baltimore Ravens
34. Brian Hoyer, Houston Texans
33. Blaine Gabbert, San Francisco 49ers
32. Sam Bradford, Philadelphia Eagles
31. Landry Jones, Pittsburgh Steelers
30. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
29. Josh McCown, Cleveland Browns
28. Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins
27. Matt Hasselbeck, Indianapolis Colts
26. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills
25. Brock Osweiler, Denver Broncos
24. Ryan Fitzpatrick, New York Jets
23. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs
22. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
21. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
20. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
19. Eli Manning, New York Giants
18. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
17. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
16. Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars
15. Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans
14. Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
13. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
12. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
11. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
10. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
9. Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders
8. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
7. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
6. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
3. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

---------------------------------------------------------

Derek Carr’s 53 TDs through two years second only to Marino.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-marino/

Marino - 68TD's
Derek Carr - 53 TDs
Peyton Manning - 52TD's
Russell Wilson - 52TD's

Marino had an incredible start to his career, passing for 20 touchdowns in 1983 and then setting a new NFL record with 48 touchdown passes in 1984. His total of 68 touchdown passes in his first two seasons obliterated the previous mark (set by Fran Tarkenton, who had 40 touchdown passes in 1961-62) and has never even been approached since.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

On this day in 1989, Jerry Jones purchased the Dallas Cowboys
for $140M. Today the team is estimated to be worth over $4 Billion.
Great business decision.
3 Super Bowls later, but 20 years of not winning definitely ruins the legacy of Jerry Jones.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:3 Super Bowls later, but 20 years of not winning definitely ruins the legacy of Jerry Jones.
Fuck Jerry Jones, it's the legacy of Herschel Walker. Without Herschel and the Vikings it would be Hot Tub Time Machine 2 in Dallas and Jones would be shot in the dick.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Resume: Jerry Jones

In an online poll from October 8, 2003, Jones was named the least favorite sports personality by Sports Illustrated.

During the early years of Jones' tenure as owner, the Cowboys had one of the highest payrolls in the NFL, his critics easily point out that the team's success was not due to Jones but rather the result of his willingness and ability to outspend any other team.
The NFL's implementation of a hard salary cap in 1994 eliminated the ability of The Cowboys to significantly outspend its rivals resulting in their last residual Super Bowl in 1995.

He is still vilified by fans for his unceremonious disrespectful firing of fan-favorite NFL legend Tom Landry and his successor Jimmy Johnson. Some of the criticism is due to Jones high visibility passion wanting to be a celebrity and involvement as the "face of the team", a team that's struggled to make it into the playoffs since the salary cap but when they do it's by default and they fold.

Jones also appeared in the episode "Go Fund Yourself" of South Park, Jones is depicted as having huge, bulging chameleon-like eyes, as a young woman's head pops up from his lap.

Jones most recently starred in a commercial for Papa John's still holding onto the dream of celebrity status. Jones more so thought it might actually help him get back to the Super Bowl since Peyton Manning appears in Papa John's commercials and won another Ring.

Some of his latest nickname is being called Donald Trump Jr or Donald Mini-Me Jones. His lust for attention and total command of something he knows little about.

Legacy.