The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Eagles trade Sam Bradford to Vikings for 2017 1st and 4th round picks. Whoa.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Eagles trade Sam Bradford to Vikings for 2017 1st and 4th round picks. Whoa.
wasn't expecting that, good trade for philly, getting a first for Bradford who's never reached his potential, rumors were the vikes were either going to sign Sanchez or try and trade for a younger guy like Geno Smith, I'd take Bradford over both but he's about as injury prone as Romo, and I sure as hell wouldn't give up a 1st rounder and a 4th.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

dtmfs wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Eagles trade Sam Bradford to Vikings for 2017 1st and 4th round picks. Whoa.
wasn't expecting that, good trade for philly, getting a first for Bradford who's never reached his potential, rumors were the vikes were either going to sign Sanchez or try and trade for a younger guy like Geno Smith, I'd take Bradford over both but he's about as injury prone as Romo, and I sure as hell wouldn't give up a 1st rounder and a 4th.

:lol:

I'm having flashbacks, the fleecing of the Vikings continues! I'm surprised they didn't toss in a couple of defenders to be named later.

I'd take those picks for Bradford, the Eagles are a mess and Bradford isn't a reliable answer so it works out for them and could be a short payoff for the Vikings. The Vikings are ready now, Peterson is on his last legs so they have the need for a QB now while the Eagles are still rebuilding Chips foundation.

They should have made an offer for Tarvaris Jackson!

I get the feeling this will be a failure for the Vikings....Again.......Any bets Peterson will pull a Marshawn Lynch.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Ratt,

I'm just not seeing anything I like with Indy. I think 7 wins may be generous.

I made my picks without looking at schedules and went on gut feeling. Now that I know their schedule, the Jets may be lucky to win 8 games. Their schedule is BRUTAL.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Ratt,

I'm just not seeing anything I like with Indy. I think 7 wins may be generous.

I made my picks without looking at schedules and went on gut feeling. Now that I know their schedule, the Jets may be lucky to win 8 games. Their schedule is BRUTAL.
I'm just tossing darts, haven't invest a lot of time on any research let alone schedules, just blindly tossing it out there. I haven't looked at Indy's squad but think Luck will be back in shape and he's got a target. I'm more curious about the changes in Cincy, they should be ok. The Card's are always surprising. Both should be playoff bound but will have a harder road.

dtmfs wrote:rumors were the vikes were either going to sign Sanchez

I just pulled up ESPN and the first headline I read was....
Mark Sanchez's career arc: Franchise QB to the Butt Fumble to journeyman

They had to throw in the Butt Fumble! Here is a good story even tho I've never been a fan of Burrito Sanchez.
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/ ... journeyman
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
dtmfs wrote:

:lol:

I'm having flashbacks, the fleecing of the Vikings continues! I'm surprised they didn't toss in a couple of defenders to be named later.

I'd take those picks for Bradford, the Eagles are a mess and Bradford isn't a reliable answer so it works out for them and could be a short payoff for the Vikings. The Vikings are ready now, Peterson is on his last legs so they have the need for a QB now while the Eagles are still rebuilding Chips foundation.

They should have made an offer for Tarvaris Jackson!

I get the feeling this will be a failure for the Vikings....Again.......Any bets Peterson will pull a Marshawn Lynch.
The Vikings must like to be bent over because once again they were fleeced via the trade. How the fuck do you give up that much
for Bradford? Unreal!
Hey, at least the city has a brand new stadium they can look forward to reading about for the next 10 years or so.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Matardo, I'll bet you $500 that the Vikings finish with a better record than Dallas. Do you have the balls to accept?

We all know the answer.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Matardo, I'll bet you $500 that the Vikings finish with a better record than Dallas. Do you have the balls to accept?

We all know the answer.
oh, the old, "I'm on the internet w/strangers and I will offer to bet them X amount of money. then accuse them
of having zero cajones for not accepting"
:roll:

here's a better bet and maybe a bet that will actually be fulfilled.

I say Dallas gets more wins in the reg season compared to the Vikes

if I win, you cannot post under the name Gritt or any alias for the duration of 4 weeks
if you win, I cannot post under the name Machado-I don't have another log in so that will have to suffice

what do you say?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:Matardo, I'll bet you $500 that the Vikings finish with a better record than Dallas. Do you have the balls to accept?

We all know the answer.
oh, the old, "I'm on the internet w/strangers and I will offer to bet them X amount of money. then accuse them

if I win, you cannot post under the name Gritt or any alias for the duration of 4 weeks
if you win, I cannot post under the name Machado-I don't have another log in so that will have to suffice

what do you say?
Deal
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

We all know the answer.

what do you say?
Deal
Witnessed.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

What Matardo failed to do was put a time limit on his banning so I'm assuming it's permanent.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:What Matardo failed to do was put a time limit on his banning so I'm assuming it's permanent.
oh geez how stupid can you be?
now you have found a loophole huh?

listen, anybody with common sense would realize the terms of 4 weeks applies to both parties.
are you going to hire a public defender now in order to prove your case? what a loser you are and the season has not begun!
good job taking the fun out of what should be a good/friendly wager
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The season starts tonight! I'll be the 2nd to give predictions

Carolina at Denver = Panthers +10, The Panthers should dominate the Rook, I find it surprising Denver is still listed high on rankings and SB Odds. But it's at Denver and I think the Panthers have dropped a small notch.

NFC:
Apart from the Panthers, Packers and the Seahawks there's a huge drop off.

The Cardinals are 8-1, 2nd to the Pat's as favorites to win the SB. Not buying either.
Palmer is solid but wont repeat his career year, no way they end up the 2nd best passing team, points for with a top running game. I see their defense doing more of the work. Still a good team but not a SB favorite IMO. The 2nd level teams...
Cardnals
Redskins - like Palmer I don't see Kirk repeating, they should be a good second pack team but I expect some drama, injuries, set backs and typical Washington short commings.

Teams to possibly improve: The Buc's, Giants and the Lions....The Falcons again wont live up to their ability but could be a surprise while the Vikings will be inconsistent....Again, after the top 3 NFC teams it's a drop off with a few in trail.

The NFC Wild Card Race will be the only interesting battle.

----------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Cowboys have one of the easiest schedule as usual......
How typical is it that Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence charges will not be pursued....If it was any of us we'd be on trial. Word is people are sweating Ezekiel piss test....He say's he's learned a lesson and is moving forward. Good Games NFL, keep the violence off the field. With that said, they could be a surprise in the always up for grabs NFC Least. Low Odd's.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC = talk about up for grabs

Steelers - Could be contenders
Chiefs - Strong team
Bengals - Should be a good year yet they could have issues after losing key players, no #2 WR and lost some D.
Pat's - Another year for old Brady and out to start the season, if the Jet's and Bills are stronger it could be the beginning of the end in New England. I'd never count the pat's out and should be a division lock unto kicked off.

The AFC East - will be fun to watch, I'm pulling for the Bills and Jet's to make a race of it with The Pat's having to come from behind over that stupid shit, how fucking long ago? Brady should have just done drugs and hit a bitch it would have been easier.

AFC North - Another fun division. I expect Luck to be back and Indy to win in a battle, Jag's are the interesting team to watch but they're still the Jag's. No one is giving the Titans a chance, I think they'll be a surprise and do some damage. Add that to the improvements in Houston the South is a crazy division. Sadly I see Watt's having a down year, he's beat up.

AFC West - the Chief's should win the division and at least a playoff game.
I expect the Raiders to go 8-8 or 9-7 at best, Coach Del Rio sucks. The Bolts are pegged for another failed season with a lot of new faces, I say they're better then that and will win more games.
Denver has a good system and always finds a way to win but I see them fighting from the basement up. The Broncos power rankings is 5th! I'm betting their SB odds drop fast after a couple games and they're out of the top 10 just as quick.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Anyone else have DishNetwork and wont be able to watch NFC games? Last I checked I still couldn't watch FOX which isn't an issue till the season starts then we've got problems.
Cock suckers, Fuck FOX, they're a public channel holding cable providers hostage with contract bullshit. It's been off since before the MLB All-Star game. Might have to switch providers or use fucking rabbit ears.

That's some bullshit.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Anyone else have DishNetwork and wont be able to watch NFC games? Last I checked I still couldn't watch FOX which isn't an issue till the season starts then we've got problems.
Cock suckers, Fuck FOX, they're a public channel holding cable providers hostage with contract bullshit. It's been off since before the MLB All-Star game. Might have to switch providers or use fucking rabbit ears.

That's some bullshit.
Can you sign with Direct TV? If yes, they will give you NFL Sunday Ticket for free this year and possibly next year as well.

Tell 'em Peyton Manning sent you
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:Anyone else have DishNetwork and wont be able to watch NFC games? Last I checked I still couldn't watch FOX which isn't an issue till the season starts then we've got problems.

That's some bullshit.
We've got no issues with our affiliate and dish thankfully. Do you have an over the air antenna?

I haven't watched games on the regular networks in years since the advent of the Red Zone channel.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

New era Broncos starts now!

First day fan of New York Mets farm team
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:

That's some bullshit.
We've got no issues with our affiliate and dish thankfully. Do you have an over the air antenna?

I haven't watched games on the regular networks in years since the advent of the Red Zone channel.
Red Zone is good in a sports book way...Anyhooooo.

Just switched over to Fox and they're up and running. They must have signed the deal this week or last. So that's that. Game On. It's fitting, Fox knew if they held out till Football season people wouldn't stand for it. They already did it to cable and Direct....Fuck fox.

I have thought about Direct for the NFL package but I left Direct for a reason.

I tried to google how the Dishnetwork contract went down, it's a wash of lawsuits and news story's. Direct has a far better product but they're douche bags. Dish sucks but gives tons of discounts and perks to stick around if you work them over and been a customer for a while. All my movie channels have been half price for years, if I switch my bill will go up for the same package.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

And the Panthers choke again......As Scott Norwood lines up for the kick from the other side....IT'S WIDE LEFT!

So much for thinking the Bronco's were going to get rolled. They're a good system. I didn't think either team's D was going to be as good as last year with key loses but......Panthers go down. Broncos win.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:And the Panthers choke again......As Scott Norwood lines up for the kick from the other side....IT'S WIDE LEFT!

So much for thinking the Bronco's were going to get rolled. They're a good system. I didn't think either team's D was going to be as good as last year with key loses but......Panthers go down. Broncos win.

Is it me or is Cam Newton way too worried about his image? I mean the fucker goes out there with the Cobra Kai headband, dyed goatee, and instead of going over plays and watching film on the bench..He fucking flosses his teeth. Seriously Man, It's fucking football, not America's got talent auditions. And what was up with the taunting penalty on the Panthers Lineman, Announcers claim they're cracking down on the shit, then sure enough Newton scores, does actual taunting and, nothing!! Is there a new rule where only stars are allowed to celebrate?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dtmfs wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:And the Panthers choke again......As Scott Norwood lines up for the kick from the other side....IT'S WIDE LEFT!

Is it me or is Cam Newton way too worried about his image? I mean the fucker goes out there with the Cobra Kai headband, dyed goatee, and instead of going over plays and watching film on the bench..He fucking flosses his teeth. Seriously Man, It's fucking football, not America's got talent auditions. And what was up with the taunting penalty on the Panthers Lineman, Announcers claim they're cracking down on the shit, then sure enough Newton scores, does actual taunting and, nothing!! Is there a new rule where only stars are allowed to celebrate?
I can't take the NFL serious anymore with all these stupid rules and fucking replay then what they get away with off the field it's a joke. That was hardly a taunting penalty the you have Cam doing the macarena.....
Cam has the biggest ego in the game, it's like he's auditioning for a rap video when he takes the field. I thought the team would get better with Josh Norman gone but Cam has a big enough head to carry the team. It's the reason why I rooted against them last year with their in your face attitude. Cam is a freak of nature, if he had less of an ego and more of a team personality he'd be even better.

There's so many rules and gray area's no one can make sense of them, it's ridiculous. I hate all the changes and it's hard to watch what the game has evolved into.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:

That's some bullshit.

Red Zone is good in a sports book way...Anyhooooo.

Just switched over to Fox and they're up and running. They must have signed the deal this week or last. So that's that. Game On. It's fitting, Fox knew if they held out till Football season people wouldn't stand for it. They already did it to cable and Direct....Fuck fox.

I have thought about Direct for the NFL package but I left Direct for a reason.

I tried to google how the Dishnetwork contract went down, it's a wash of lawsuits and news story's. Direct has a far better product but they're douche bags. Dish sucks but gives tons of discounts and perks to stick around if you work them over and been a customer for a while. All my movie channels have been half price for years, if I switch my bill will go up for the same package.
I've been with dish for 16 years. Every ten months I call and haggle for a discount. This last time that I called, the woman I talked to said that since we've been with them for so long that we will always get a price match on whatever introductory rate that directv is doing in order to reward our loyalty. It ends up being a half price bill. I'll take it.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

If Denver's D can stay healthy and dominant, and the Trevor can continue to manage the game and progress from week to week, they are going to be a solid team this year.
Its also nice to know that Carolina will need to run the table to do as good as last year.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

4 and 21.. And the refs called that penalty? Puh lease.... Not another one of these seasons...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cam took to vicious helmet to helmet hits. The 1st, when he was sacked by Ware, well that did not seem intentional.
The 2nd hit, was it a DB, well that fool was "targeting".
Anyway, could not happen to a better QB. Did Cam floss his teeth after each hit? I see he wore some designer spectacles at the post game press conference.
This fool does not care about winning. He cares about his fashion.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:

If Denver's D can stay healthy and dominant, and the Trevor can continue to manage the game and progress from week to week, they are going to be a solid team this year.
Its also nice to know that Carolina will need to run the table to do as good as last year.
With a couple picks and ducks Trevor wasn't a stand out but showed some skills. Trev's clearly benefited from sitting on the bench, he's groomed and poised, time will tell if he can be polished. Overall Denver looked more prepared as a team and adjusted at the half but in the end............It came down to Ray Finkle. LACES OUT!

Neither team could stop the run. Denver's D was missing Malik and some push up the middle while the Panther's passing game was dead.

The Panthers couldn't adjust and keep the Bronco's down. It's hard to play in Denver and only one game. IMO Denver looked ready to play and that's what you'll expect to see during the season while the Panthers looked a little flat with more room to improve.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

And the Chiefs are currently getting completely dominated by San Diego. :evil:
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

What an amazing WIN!

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bad start to the season for my Falcons. Congrats, Bucs fans...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Good solid win for the Pats with a few major pieces missing.
This was the game I was sure they'd lose.
Things could be looking good for them come week 5.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.