The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Facedown wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:51 am
Desslar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 am
Facedown wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:38 am Once again, I'm too old for this shit.
I again ask, a blowout win for the Patriots for once? Please?
Did you miss the Pats blowing out the Chargers?
Umm....what game is next?
If I had seen my team win 5 Super Bowls, I doubt I would be stressing out about a 6th.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 amIf I had seen my team win 5 Super Bowls, I doubt I would be stressing out about a 6th.
After that Atlanta SB I'd been done nothing could top it. But ya too much is never enough here shortly they're be no more Brady and it's drought time talking about the good ole days.

Unless they're like Dallas fans every season........This could be our year!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Desslar
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Desslar »

Facedown wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:38 am Once again, I'm too old for this shit.
I again ask, a blowout win for the Patriots for once? Please?

If you say the Pro Bowl, you can turn in your man card
I would say Pats' fans wildest dreams have already come true several times over, so no need to stress. Any further successes are just gravy.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 am

If I had seen my team win 5 Super Bowls, I doubt I would be stressing out about a 6th.
Well, when your team does, you can prove it to me.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Desslar wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 am

I would say Pats' fans wildest dreams have already come true several times over, so no need to stress. Any further successes are just gravy.
Right, so what's wrong with that gravy being 2 minute stove top instead of thick, cholesterol elevating, heart attack inducing goop for once?
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Facedown wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 am
Tenacious_Dio wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 am

Well, when your team does, you can prove it to me.
I'm a Panther fan (with 20 years of Jets baggage before that). One SB will do the trick for me.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Rams-Saints outcome fuels lawsuit seeking a Rule 17 do-over :lol:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... 7-do-over/

A Sunday night item explaining a rule that, in theory, gives the Commissioner the power to order a do-over as the remedy for extraordinary unfair outcomes apparently has fueled one lawsuit, and counting.

Via WDSU.com, a New Orleans lawyer has filed a lawsuit seeking to compel Commissioner Roger Goodell to invoke Rule 17 of the official rulebook and replay the balance of the NFC Championship game from the moment Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman wiped out, without consequence, Saints receiver Tommylee Lewis before a pass intended for Lewis arrived.

Lawsuits like this very rarely prevail. But the league will have to dot some i’s and cross some t’s to get out of this one, especially since D’Amico’s lawsuit undoubtedly will seek emergency relief aimed at forcing the Rams and Saints to reconvene in New Orleans for the final 1:49 of regulation, with the score tied at 20 and the Saints having a first down just inside the L.A. five.

Given that the lawsuit has been filed in Louisiana state court, the publicly-elected local judges may be inclined to take a more favorable look at this, forcing the NFL to potentially scramble through appeals courts and/or federal courts to avoid what could start as a half-joke and quickly become a deadly-serious problem for the league. At a minimum, a state-court judge could force the NFL to emerge from hiding and answer pointed questions about what happened on Sunday, when Rule 17 applies, and why it shouldn’t apply here.

Not gonna happen!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Personally, I would be happy if the refs involved were maybe given wedgies in public view. But a do-over? Come on. This is getting pathetic.

As a Saints supporter I'm satisfied with the fact that if the Rams win the SB, it's tainted because they got there by illegitimate means and if the Patriots win it's tainted because they (possibly) didn't play the team that should've been there. The flub has basically rendered the entire season moot IMO.

Solution: Try to get better refs and make the system of penalty-calling more replay-intensive. And move the fuck on.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

With each day the less I care about this SB...I'm surprised the mathematically impossible to miss play didn't create a black hole.
"hello big red truck with flashing lights" I'm still cross-eyed they overturn cunt hair ball movement catches but blew that call and not one of those flags...HOLDING 50YDS AWAY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAY. "Netural Zone Infractions either!" :lol:

Now next season there will be yet another "Saints Got Raped Rule" giving a replay for penalties inside of 2:00 of each half. A do over not gonna happen but what do the Saints do when the Ref's stole their SB ticket...You get a rule named in your honor now get over it!

----------

Fuck, I'm still stung over the TUCK RULE......... Charles Woodson's tweeter has been on 11. First he Twatted in the divisional..."Now he misses in the snow" Then Sunday Woodson had a blast with twatters.

Charles Woodson Verified account @CharlesWoodson
I want all the people that tell me to get over the #tuckrule to tell drew Bree’s and the @Saints to get over that pass interference that wasn’t called that would have most likely ended the game in a saints win. I’ll wait

https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2019/ ... terference
------------------------------------------

It's fucked, the Saints should be headed to the Super Bowl....Fuck the Rams, it's not their fault but I hope they get spanked as the 3rd best team in the NFL...The shouldn't be there, get spanked.
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

Facedown wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:05 am
Desslar wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 am

Right, so what's wrong with that gravy being 2 minute stove top instead of thick, cholesterol elevating, heart attack inducing goop for once?
I imagine that most teams' fans would kill for the kind of stress that Pats fans have to deal with, such as where to store all their conference championship hats.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Desslar wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm I imagine
Right.
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

[/quote]I imagine that most teams' fans would kill for the kind of stress that Pats fans have to deal with, such as where to store all their conference championship hats.
[/quote]

My sports nut neighbor ran out of room in his mancave shrine. He solved the problem by keeping just the super bowl/World Series ones and sent the rest to a Long Island charity.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I want to see the Patriots win. Just as a sports fan in general we’re a lucky bunch. I’m not much of a basketball fan but I sure did like to watch Michael Jordan play. This is just like that. Tom Brady is special. I wish my team could of had a run like the one the Patriots of had.

And this goes out to exitflagger, it’s been nice to have another poster join this little thread of ours. And yes you got royally fucked just like you had happen against the Vikings the year before. Can the Saints recover from this. I sure do hope they can but damn that is some crazy voodoo you got going on.

So anyways welcome to the thread and hope you stick around even though we’re about to go into hibernation till next season.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Rooting for the Rams because I'm SICK of all the referee-obsessed hardcore football know-it-alls...mistakes happen and one call doesn't decide a game IMO. You don't need to launch a fucking Warren commission or change up the entire league because of one bad call...anyway, a Rams win would be a nice FU to those people.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

We could get a team together off of here to give the Rams a game. So piss poor.
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

Well that’s that. NE Patriots on top 13-3. No big surprise there.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Even on not his greatest night, Goat's gonna Goat.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:05 pm Even on not his greatest night, Goat's gonna Goat.
Yeah. He had to earn that one, though. Personally, I thought the whole game was pretty boring. Maybe if there had been more scoring going on...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Al Bundy GOAT
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FullDJacket wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:06 pm Rooting for the Rams because I'm SICK of all the referee-obsessed hardcore football know-it-alls...mistakes happen and one call doesn't decide a game IMO. You don't need to launch a fucking Warren commission or change up the entire league because of one bad call...anyway, a Rams win would be a nice FU to those people.
I thought the idea of all the replay's and technology is to get it right and fix mistakes....But seriously?

If a great TD throw/catch or Turn Over can win the game how the hell can't a clearly blown call do the same? It is the same...If it was ticky-tack it wouldn't have been a big of a deal but it was so blatant and obvious Coleman himself admitted he expected a flag and all he could do to break up what would have been a game ending 1st or TD.

How about every rule they add when someone gets injured...Roy Williams Horse-collar, can't hit Carson Palmer "QB's" low at the knee, not being able to take your helmet off because of Emmitt Smith now touching helmets = yellow hanky

If you watched the SB two FLAGS took the momentum outta two Rams drives and they couldn't overcome them....A blown call is no different then a flag that can kill a drive a score or the game......See KC vs PATS Neutral Zone Infraction, nothing to do with the play but KC would be in the SB if they didn't call it.

The NFL got half of what they wanted, LA in the SB........
------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy PATS WIN!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Pierce Foreskin wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:05 pm Even on not his greatest night, Goat's gonna Goat.
Yeah. He had to earn that one, though. Personally, I thought the whole game was pretty boring. Maybe if there had been more scoring going on...
As a defender screw that.......I'm sick of the no contact basketball scores the NFL is implementing....If I want wide open WR, gaping RB holes and poor tackling 75 point games I'll watch College scrub matches.

It was a great game, LA brought the pressure vs the well oiled machine and a brick wall game plan.....It was a tank battle in the trenches. They moved the ball but the lines stopped before the red zone.

Time of possession and field position FTW...Without Gurley on the field or a strong WR core Goff couldn't get it done the offense was stuck in the mud.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:07 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:35 pm
As a defender screw that.......I'm sick of the no contact basketball scores the NFL is implementing....If I want wide open WR, gaping RB holes and poor tackling 75 point games I'll watch College scrub matches.

It was a great game, LA brought the pressure vs the well oiled machine and a brick wall game plan.....It was a tank battle in the trenches. They moved the ball but the lines stopped before the red zone.

Time of possession and field position FTW...Without Gurley on the field or a strong WR core Goff couldn't get it done the offense was stuck in the mud.
I loved the game, it was tense going into the 4th with a tie, because you just knew whoever scored first in the 4th was going to win.
One of the best Defensive games in Pats history.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I guess a 10 point win is as "blowout" as they're gonna get.

*Insert massive Patriots logo here*
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 pm
FullDJacket wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:06 pm Rooting for the Rams because I'm SICK of all the referee-obsessed hardcore football know-it-alls...mistakes happen and one call doesn't decide a game IMO. You don't need to launch a fucking Warren commission or change up the entire league because of one bad call...anyway, a Rams win would be a nice FU to those people.
I thought the idea of all the replay's and technology is to get it right and fix mistakes....But seriously?

If a great TD throw/catch or Turn Over can win the game how the hell can't a clearly blown call do the same? It is the same...If it was ticky-tack it wouldn't have been a big of a deal but it was so blatant and obvious Coleman himself admitted he expected a flag and all he could do to break up what would have been a game ending 1st or TD.

How about every rule they add when someone gets injured...Roy Williams Horse-collar, can't hit Carson Palmer "QB's" low at the knee, not being able to take your helmet off because of Emmitt Smith now touching helmets = yellow hanky

If you watched the SB two FLAGS took the momentum outta two Rams drives and they couldn't overcome them....A blown call is no different then a flag that can kill a drive a score or the game......See KC vs PATS Neutral Zone Infraction, nothing to do with the play but KC would be in the SB if they didn't call it.

The NFL got half of what they wanted, LA in the SB........
------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy PATS WIN!
IMHO your team has 60 minutes to score enough touchdowns and fieldgoals to win the game. One bad call from the referees, or one time-out called at the wrong moment....that shit doesn't decide the game. The idea of killing the momentum is theoretical....

It just makes me sick. They already destroyed the NFL for me...I don't watch the games live anymore. Too many time-outs, challenged calls,commercial breaks, injuries and it takes 10 minutes to get player off the field....and now EVERYONE wants to use more technology and replays? We are going to end up with 5 hour long games
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FullDJacket wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 pm It just makes me sick. They already destroyed the NFL for me...I don't watch the games live anymore. Too many time-outs, challenged calls,commercial breaks, injuries and it takes 10 minutes to get player off the field....and now EVERYONE wants to use more technology and replays? We are going to end up with 5 hour long games
Replay to sissy rules it's just about over for me.
Couldn't agree more, from commercials to replay I hate anything that delays games..It's a joke when a TD is scored you jump off the couch then have to sit back down for the review. Since the whole thing is to get it right and that's what everyone wants then fucking do it...The Zebras in the NFL are amazingly shitty so I bet there will be a "Rams Rule" within the last 2 minutes of a half to review penalties next season.

I say reviews should fall under coaches bean bags and times outs taken if wrong "or similar"...That cuts wasted time, pressure on the Ref's leaving it in the hands of your team and coach.

Many coaches and players have said the outcome of the majority of games can come down to a couple of plays...Anything from dropped balls to penalties.

FullDJacket wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 pmThe idea of killing the momentum is theoretical....
Crazy talk..........They call time outs in Basketball to kill momentum swings...Baseball, hitting is contagious....It's even in video games so fact: If a flags can extend a drive they most certainly can kill the momentum in them. "Called back because of holding, FUCK"..Then the next play turns into a INT or Sack....

Fact.......
A great player or one getting hot raises the level of those around him....Getting in the zone makes people play harder. All winning coaches have something in common they can get their team pumped up focused and momentum is HUGE and absolutely can take over the game.
There's a reason for pre-game and halftime speeches.....Like Gang mentality. Good QB's are leaders and good players are captains, it's why they huddle to call the play and get riled up.....Fan's getting loud fills players and teams with momentum....Home Field Advantage.

William Wallace would say you're high in the night......They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom! RAWRRRRR!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

UtahRatt wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 pm
FullDJacket wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 pm It just makes me sick. They already destroyed the NFL for me...I don't watch the games live anymore. Too many time-outs, challenged calls,commercial breaks, injuries and it takes 10 minutes to get player off the field....and now EVERYONE wants to use more technology and replays? We are going to end up with 5 hour long games
Replay to sissy rules it's just about over for me.
Couldn't agree more, from commercials to replay I hate anything that delays games..It's a joke when a TD is scored you jump off the couch then have to sit back down for the review. Since the whole thing is to get it right and that's what everyone wants then fucking do it...The Zebras in the NFL are amazingly shitty so I bet there will be a "Rams Rule" within the last 2 minutes of a half to review penalties next season.

I say reviews should fall under coaches bean bags and times outs taken if wrong "or similar"...That cuts wasted time, pressure on the Ref's leaving it in the hands of your team and coach.

Many coaches and players have said the outcome of the majority of games can come down to a couple of plays...Anything from dropped balls to penalties.
I know that there are sports where only one time-out per game is allowed. I think that's the case in handball and volleyball. I don't understand what's wrong with that? That's why I'm curious about XFL and the Alliance league.
Crazy talk..........They call time outs in Basketball to kill momentum swings...Baseball, hitting is contagious....It's even in video games so fact: If a flags can extend a drive they most certainly can kill the momentum in them. "Called back because of holding, FUCK"..Then the next play turns into a INT or Sack....

Fact.......
A great player or one getting hot raises the level of those around him....Getting in the zone makes people play harder. All winning coaches have something in common they can get their team pumped up focused and momentum is HUGE and absolutely can take over the game.
There's a reason for pre-game and halftime speeches.....Like Gang mentality. Good QB's are leaders and good players are captains, it's why they huddle to call the play and get riled up.....Fan's getting loud fills players and teams with momentum....Home Field Advantage.

William Wallace would say you're high in the night......They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom! RAWRRRRR!
That scenario is true in many cases but at another time maybe the running back is better off catching his breath for two mintues or for the quarter back to change up the strategy on the next play. I stand by that it's theoretical.

Self-important tv and radio pundits and monday morning quarter backs with their "that time-out ruined the game", "we need to act against these bad calls".
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

You know what really makes the game not fun? Whining fucking crybabies that never stop complaining about replay and rules they don't like. Seriously, on behalf of the real fans of the game, do us a favor and go away. If the NFL sucks so bad, you're tired of this and that, ACTUALLY WONDERING WHY THEY DON'T HAVE ONLY ONE TIMEOUT LIKE VOLLEYBALL, then it's time to get the fuck out of here and stop watching. God damn, miserable dumb fucks!

NFL isn't perfect but it's not going to change for you, no matter how many tears splash off of your keyboard. If you don't understand that by now, your probably never will because you're so stupid. REPEAT: THE NFL IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE FOR YOU! More/less replays and challenges? Bring em on. I hope the games stretch to 8 hours just to rid us of the fake fans crying every damn week.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

bigbuttskinner wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 am You know what really makes the game not fun? Whining fucking crybabies that never stop complaining about replay and rules they don't like. Seriously, on behalf of the real fans of the game, do us a favor and go away. If the NFL sucks so bad, you're tired of this and that, ACTUALLY WONDERING WHY THEY DON'T HAVE ONLY ONE TIMEOUT LIKE VOLLEYBALL, then it's time to get the fuck out of here and stop watching. God damn, miserable dumb fucks!

NFL isn't perfect but it's not going to change for you, no matter how many tears splash off of your keyboard. If you don't understand that by now, your probably never will because you're so stupid. REPEAT: THE NFL IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE FOR YOU! More/less replays and challenges? Bring em on. I hope the games stretch to 8 hours just to rid us of the fake fans crying every damn week.
Actually, ahem, "real football" fans don't like the replays and challenges at all. Leave everything on the field and let it be that. Like in the actual old days.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

BigLoadOfMeltdown: Crying and whining about crying and whining.

Go eat a turd you miserable puddle of referee jizz.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Some fans you two fagolas are. Fine then, let's just say fuck the rules, let all calls stand as is, and let any and all teams get fucked over weekly because two FAKE fans don't want to spend 30 seconds to figure out if a play was called correctly. Why even play the games, then? Go back to 1960 and make sure to not make it out alive.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie