The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Bludegeon »

The money part has ruined this game, no doubt.

Gruden is gonna get "his guys" players through the draft. I give it a couple of years and he will have them in the right direction.

I think a 2nd round pick and another pick, possibly a 3rd IF production comes from Cooper.. I still think a 1st is too high..
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Bludegeon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:01 am The money part has ruined this game, no doubt.

Gruden is gonna get "his guys" players through the draft. I give it a couple of years and he will have them in the right direction.

I think a 2nd round pick and another pick, possibly a 3rd IF production comes from Cooper.. I still think a 1st is too high..
Totally. 2nd rounder should have been enough, think someone is panicking.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Does Marino work for the Dolphins now? They showed him on the sidelines. The volume was down & I didn't know which State the game was being held? Thought maybe his number was being honored in someway at Miami.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:21 am
Bludegeon wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:01 am The money part has ruined this game, no doubt.

Dallas is in the hunt the deadline was up while their passing game and WR core sucks. You'd rather them not make a move? I'd be happy.

Cooper was a #4 overall who's already proven himself on a shitty team coming into his prime at 24 years young. A far better choice then that last Dez contract or taking a 1st RD WR for next season when you're contending NOW. Cooper's is an instant upgrade they had a hole and filled it. IMO they need at least another WR and TE but if Coop stays healthy Dank's game just improved and opens more holes for Ezekiel Rice.

Can't wait to see him on a good team with a running game. Jones just gave the O a weapon with more upside and proven potential, I don't see an issue there...What I do see is Cooper getting doubled because they don't have another threat. I bet teams still load the box but a few TD's down field will open them up.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

I don't like the 1st pick for him. When Gordon could've been got with a 5th. But, any help at WR is good.

Dallas has more holes than just WR to fill. They still don't know if they have to look for another center. Looney is average. He is no Frederick. They also still need help at FS/SS... As well as LB and DT. Lee barely lasts a full season and Crawford is getting older.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Bludegeon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 am I don't like the 1st pick for him. When Gordon could've been got with a 5th.
Unfair comparison. Way more involved than simply a player vs. another player.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Cooper has hands of stone. Perfect for the Cowboys.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

LAPoet wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:19 pm Cooper has hands of stone. Perfect for the Cowboys.
Days old news and another unoriginal, lame take. It's Sunday now so just stick with the games at hand. I hope the Rams fucking destroy Rodgers today.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
referring to Queen movie
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Skins Defense keeping us on top of the NFC East!
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

bigbuttskinner wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:36 am
Bludegeon wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 am I don't like the 1st pick for him. When Gordon could've been got with a 5th.
Unfair comparison. Way more involved than simply a player vs. another player.
If you mean an unfair comparison because one WR is playing with possibly the best QB of all time, and the other gets Dak, Well then, yes. LOL.

Otherwise, I don't see it being unfair. Two WRs with Cooper playin a little bit more football in his career.
Gordon will be putting up some numbers this season. I don't think Cooper will do as well. Fine by me if I am wrong. But, a 1st rounder is too much. At least it wasn't 2 1st rounders like Jerry dealt to get a washed up Galloway.
Einstein Lawless

Cleveland cuts Hue and Haley loose:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2511 ... us-seasons

Not sure why they make the move now as opposed to last January.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Panthers are starting to click. Made the #1 nfl defense look pretty bad... Go Panthers!
Blizzard of Cos

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Einstein Lawless wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:16 am Cleveland cuts Hue and Haley loose:

Haslem's kept his Browns business tens of millions under the cap in recent times likely due to the lawsuits by the trucking companies he was ripping off. Can't be seen spending money while trying to explain how you were dipping into others pockets. Hue was never more than a loyal foot soldier and fall guy. I hope he got a nice parachute on the way out the door.
Pierce Foreskin

UtahRatt wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:14 am

Dallas is in the hunt the deadline was up while their passing game and WR core sucks. You'd rather them not make a move? I'd be happy.

Cooper was a #4 overall who's already proven himself on a shitty team coming into his prime at 24 years young. A far better choice then that last Dez contract or taking a 1st RD WR for next season when you're contending NOW. Cooper's is an instant upgrade they had a hole and filled it. IMO they need at least another WR and TE but if Coop stays healthy Dank's game just improved and opens more holes for Ezekiel Rice.

Can't wait to see him on a good team with a running game. Jones just gave the O a weapon with more upside and proven potential, I don't see an issue there...What I do see is Cooper getting doubled because they don't have another threat. I bet teams still load the box but a few TD's down field will open them up.
I'm not saying I don't like him. I just don't think he was worth a 1.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:01 am

You would be correct too. It's not worth a 1st. Especially if Dak keeps shitting the bed. Where are they gonna find a future QB for the team? Or, a center if Frederick cannot come back... This Cooper trade is good on one end, if he can produce. But, there are too many other holes on this team to think that Coop is the all win situation.
Einstein Lawless

Rumor is my Skins traded a 4th round pick for Ha Ha Clinton Dix.
Cons: We actually need help at WR more and Golden Tate went to Philly.

Also this is the last year of HHCD’s contract and he could easily walk or want big money next year.

Pros: We are getting a 3rd round comp pick for losing Cousins anyway.

And as they say, Defense wins Championships... though I remain dubious about a deep playoff run this year.

Pierce Foreskin

Bludegeon wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 am
Pierce Foreskin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:01 am

You would be correct too. It's not worth a 1st. Especially if Dak keeps shitting the bed. Where are they gonna find a future QB for the team? Or, a center if Frederick cannot come back... This Cooper trade is good on one end, if he can produce. But, there are too many other holes on this team to think that Coop is the all win situation.
I think it will likely work out fairly well for this year. But long term? That is the question, and Dak has come way down to earth in the last two years. Should be interesting if they don't start producing better results with Cooper in the mix.
Pierce Foreskin

Einstein Lawless wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 pm Rumor is my Skins traded a 4th round pick for Ha Ha Clinton Dix.
Cons: We actually need help at WR more and Golden Tate went to Philly.

Also this is the last year of HHCD’s contract and he could easily walk or want big money next year.

Pros: We are getting a 3rd round comp pick for losing Cousins anyway.

And as they say, Defense wins Championships... though I remain dubious about a deep playoff run this year.
The Packers must have figured they were not going to pay him, so why not get something for him, but I would have thought they would've gotten a bit better than a fourth rounder for him.
But like you said, I'd be pretty surprised if the Skins paid him next year, so most likely a rental.
Einstein Lawless

I’m just glad the front office made some kind of move. I would have liked to have gotten golden Tate ourselves because we have a problem scoring in the third quarter… As in we have not scored a touchdown in the third quarter yet this year and have always been anemic the last couple of years.

At least we possibly made a move to counter Philadelphia and Dallas’s tactics. Skins are in unfamiliar territory leading the division this long and hopefully know how to act.

Pierce Foreskin

Looking forward to this weeks game between the Pats and Packers. Social media surrounding the game has been lively so far. When asked who was the best QB Rogers said "He's got five championships," Rodgers said. "I think that ends most discussions."

I agree with him. But nevertheless Rogers is next level as well. Should be a shoot out with two of the best QB's and two of the worst defenses. I predict a Pats win by a field goal. I only give them the edge because they are playing at Gillette.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Einstein Lawless wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 am I’m just glad the front office made some kind of move. I would have liked to have gotten golden Tate ourselves because we have a problem scoring in the third quarter… As in we have not scored a touchdown in the third quarter yet this year and have always been anemic the last couple of years.

At least we possibly made a move to counter Philadelphia and Dallas’s tactics. Skins are in unfamiliar territory leading the division this long and hopefully know how to act.
The more I look at how it folded out Dallas paid a desperation price to try and keep up with the division since the Eagles scored with Tate then Houston took D-Thomas off the board both were solid pickups leaving the Cowboys going for a Hail Mary...The Eagles was in talks with Coop but wouldn't come off a 1st RD Pick and IMO got a much better deal with Tate, Tate comes with baggage but leaves his guts on the field like Steve Smith...They know exactly what the got.

I'm not sure Coop or Dank can step up at this point but if Coop is able to be a #1WR and Dallas makes the Playoffs all arguments are off......Then it will turn into a Dez Jr situation keeping him around for long. I bet he's either dropped or franchised tagged in the near future.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Blizzard of Cos wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:18 pm
Einstein Lawless wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:16 am Cleveland cuts Hue and Haley loose:

Haslem's kept his Browns business tens of millions under the cap in recent times likely due to the lawsuits by the trucking companies he was ripping off. Can't be seen spending money while trying to explain how you were dipping into others pockets. Hue was never more than a loyal foot soldier and fall guy. I hope he got a nice parachute on the way out the door.
This is all 100% bullshit. You're fucking dead wrong.
referring to Queen movie
Blizzard of Cos

bigbuttskinner wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:28 am

Prove me wrong hoss.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Blizzard of Cos wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Prove me wrong hoss.
Well, first of all, calling anyone "Hoss" tells me a lot about you. Fucking moron.

"Haslem's kept his Browns business tens of millions under the cap in recent times likely due to the lawsuits by the trucking companies he was ripping off."
You assert this, now prove it. No truth to this at all. This is some dumbass, jack off NFL fan that doesn't follow the Browns at all just throwing out his thoughtless opinion.

"Can't be seen spending money while trying to explain how you were dipping into others pockets."
Stadium upgrades and renovations for 2 straight years, also bought and paid for several football fields and equipment for local high schools. The Browns certainly pay their fair share for many players over the years and they've had cap space forever, going back to before Haslem bought the team, so it's not just him.

"Hue was never more than a loyal foot soldier and fall guy. I hope he got a nice parachute on the way out the door."
This is the one that proves you don't know shit. I would be typing the rest of the day to tell you about the last 3 years but you're a fucking idiot so I'll leave it with, as always, YOU'RE WRONG.
referring to Queen movie
Einstein Lawless

Thanks for shitting the bed and getting exposed yet again, Redskins.

Blizzard of Cos

bigbuttskinner wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:28 am
Blizzard of Cos wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Prove me wrong hoss.
Well, first of all, calling anyone "Hoss" tells me a lot about you. Fucking moron.

"Haslem's kept his Browns business tens of millions under the cap in recent times likely due to the lawsuits by the trucking companies he was ripping off."
You assert this, now prove it. No truth to this at all. This is some dumbass, jack off NFL fan that doesn't follow the Browns at all just throwing out his thoughtless opinion.

"Can't be seen spending money while trying to explain how you were dipping into others pockets."
Stadium upgrades and renovations for 2 straight years, also bought and paid for several football fields and equipment for local high schools. The Browns certainly pay their fair share for many players over the years and they've had cap space forever, going back to before Haslem bought the team, so it's not just him.

"Hue was never more than a loyal foot soldier and fall guy. I hope he got a nice parachute on the way out the door."
This is the one that proves you don't know shit. I would be typing the rest of the day to tell you about the last 3 years but you're a fucking idiot so I'll leave it with, as always, YOU'RE WRONG.
Here you go hoss, you from Cleveland?

“Who buys the Raiders shit? Niggers,” Hazelwood said he told Haslam on the tape. “You think they’re going to wear something that says the fucking ‘Browns’ on it?” Hazelwood went on to say that in Cleveland “it ain’t nothing but niggers."
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

I'm digging the white horns on the Rams helmet. Feels throwbacky.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Blizzard of Cos

It does have a nice Hue.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Dirty Birds win three in a row! Rise up!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Pierce Foreskin

Pats Packers was not nearly as good of a game as it should have been. Either Rogers is not in synch with his younger receivers or he took the knee brace off too soon. He didn't look sharp. Neither did Brady. Surprised that defense was the bigger factor in the win.