The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

Looks like the Flacco era is over in Baltimore:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/end-era-jo ... 48818.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am Image
Crazy finish for sure, but I suspect Mahomes and KC will still go deep into the playoffs if not all the way to the SB.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I wouldn't be surprised if choking dog Andy Reid flames out again early in the playoffs. That pass defense is horrific.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

2 in a row!!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Falcons finally play a decent game. 'Bout time, even if it is too late for the playoffs.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Lol , the Redskins can STILL win the division?!?
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

If the NIck Foles led Eagles win tonight and the next two games he’s due a 1.5 million dollar bonus.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:48 pm If the NIck Foles led Eagles win tonight and the next two games he’s due a 1.5 million dollar bonus.
Ughhh, Dallas. Well, that went completely according to how this seasoned vet Cowboys fan would see it going. LOL...

Eagles look like a different team with Foles at QB. Or, does the Rams secondary suck that bad? I am betting on Foles and Eagles side. I wouldn't be surprised to see em take the division.

Wentz could be holding a clipboard next season.

Good Pats lost. Bad, Steelers won.

GO CLEVELAND!!!!
Pierce Foreskin

LAPoet wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm I wouldn't be surprised if choking dog Andy Reid flames out again early in the playoffs. That pass defense is horrific.
I just can't see a world where Andy Reid is a SB winning coach. Sorry, just can't. Mahomes is the real deal, for sure. But Andy has a way of fucking it all up once the playoffs start.
Last edited by Pierce Foreskin on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Pierce Foreskin

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:42 pm
Pierce Foreskin wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am Image
Crazy finish for sure, but I suspect Mahomes and KC will still go deep into the playoffs if not all the way to the SB.
My Pats aren't long for the playoffs this year, I would much rather see Rivers get his ring than watch Andy hoist the Lombardi.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

The Panthers are my team but Scam Newton plays every game with complete indifference, the guy is great athlete but just doesn't seem to give a fuck if they win or lose.
Pierce Foreskin

Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 am The Panthers are my team but Scam Newton plays every game with complete indifference, the guy is great athlete but just doesn't seem to give a fuck if they win or lose.
His cadence really bothers me too, sounds like he is slowly falling asleep back there.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 am The Panthers are my team but Scam Newton plays every game with complete indifference, the guy is great athlete but just doesn't seem to give a fuck if they win or lose.
I've seen that guy throw the ball 50 yards, off his back foot, while falling backward. Last night he looked like he was struggling to throw it 10 yards. Should've shut him down 2 weeks ago.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 am
I've seen that guy throw the ball 50 yards, off his back foot, while falling backward. Last night he looked like he was struggling to throw it 10 yards. Should've shut him down 2 weeks ago.
Yeah, but even when he is healthy he's not a leader or a fighter, which trickles down to the rest of the Offense. He's mister showman when they are winning, but as soon as they are down he gives up.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am He's mister showman when they are winning, but as soon as they are down he gives up.
Eh. I've seen him lead too many 4th quarter comebacks to buy that. I question his maturity, but not his will to win.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am
Tenacious_Dio wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 am
Yeah, but even when he is healthy he's not a leader or a fighter, which trickles down to the rest of the Offense. He's mister showman when they are winning, but as soon as they are down he gives up.
I think he is having shoulder issues, looks like he might be dealing with chronic pain.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:37 am
Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am He's mister showman when they are winning, but as soon as they are down he gives up.
Eh. I've seen him lead too many 4th quarter comebacks to buy that. I question his maturity, but not his will to win.
Cam currently has 15 4th quarter comebacks. Of the active QB's, he's 13th; tied with Tannehill and Luck.

The top of the list is no surprise; The King. And that fucking fraud Rodgers has two more than Matt Schaub!

1 Tom Brady 35

2 Drew Brees 33

3 Ben Roethlisberger 31

4 Eli Manning 27

5 Matthew Stafford 26

Matt Ryan 26

Philip Rivers 26

8 Andy Dalton 20

9 Joe Flacco 18

Alex Smith 18

11 Russell Wilson 17

12 Derek Carr 16

13 Ryan Tannehill 15

Cam Newton 15

Andrew Luck 15

16 Aaron Rodgers 13
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

MickeyG wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pm2 in a row!!
10 in a row!!
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

bigbuttskinner wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:27 am
Cam currently has 15 4th quarter comebacks. Of the active QB's, he's 13th; tied with Tannehill and Luck.

The top of the list is no surprise; The King. And that fucking fraud Rodgers has two more than Matt Schaub!

1 Tom Brady 35

2 Drew Brees 33

3 Ben Roethlisberger 31

4 Eli Manning 27

5 Matthew Stafford 26

Matt Ryan 26

Philip Rivers 26

8 Andy Dalton 20

9 Joe Flacco 18

Alex Smith 18

11 Russell Wilson 17

12 Derek Carr 16

13 Ryan Tannehill 15

Cam Newton 15

Andrew Luck 15

16 Aaron Rodgers 13

Not sure where you get your stats I see Rodgers 12th in Game Winning Drives at 20 with another 4 under 25 but it's a misleading stat.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... active.htm

Break it down....

Not all those QB's played in the same amount of games from behind including factors (shitty teams, coaching, RB's, OL, missed kicks or weapons they've played with) Like Ben who's had more weapons than the US Military is hard to stop....The flip side, for years Rivers numbers sucked in the 2nd half while Eli tossed enough INT's for every game to be close. QB's like Rivers, Eli to Stafford have had more opportunities for comebacks.

look at Aaron Rodgers Winning Percentage which puts him like 3 compared to those QB's even high on an all time list at .651 in what 10+ seasons? And that's before you get into Rodgers passer ratings which are in the top of all time...In a couple seasons he should be in the top ten all time in wins. If he didn't sit for 3 he'd be up there now.

I'm not a Rodgers fan boy but to say he's fake or not on this generations best list is crazy talk.

9-7 in the playoffs......There's HOF QB's with a worse record but that's an argument eh not really. His 16 post season game stats are a great year for a QB apart from the W/L. 36TD - 10INT's....4,500+yds....Aaron Rodgers in on the top list of a lot of records that counts.

Playoff Peyton Manning - 14W 13L...............Matthew Stafford hasn't won a playoff game in 3 shots, Andy Dalton is 0-4 but they have a bunch of comebacks!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Rogers goes down with a concussion and Bucs fire their coach. What a day of endings...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:57 pm Rogers goes down with a concussion and Bucs fire their coach. What a day of endings...
And the Falcons are watching the playoffs from home with the Buc's and Pack. How Atlanta can suck so hard with that teams talent is beyond me.......Coaching not injuries. Bring back Bartkowski and Andrews.

Personally I loved the Steeler's and fans still on the field stuck to the big screen watching the Browns go down to the wire............INT! INT!

I wanted the Steelers to go just to fuck off Bell but they choked down the wire...How do you always have a problem in Oakland, they normally play early in the season and fail but to lose to them late this year. Pittsburgh shit the bed and I bet every AFC playoff bound team likes it. I'd rather face the Ravens D then chance the Steelers offense clicking.

Cleveland played hard this year, cheers....That Division just might have some shuffling in the future.
Hats off to Indy, come back QB and team of the year.

Go Vikings! Guess both teams struck out on the QB shuffle. At least Alex went down with a snap Cousins got paid to fall short! I loved the cat fight between Cousins and Thielen on the sideline. Over paid sniveler. Kirk Cousins = 20/33 132yds, 101yds after sacks....He blows vs good teams and vanished towards the finish line.

Kirk Cousins is 4-24 against teams with a winning record. Leave it to Minnesota, at least they got Latavius Murray restructured.

The news is out, the top 6 QB's in the NFL all have something in common!
1. Aaron Rodgers: $33.5M
2. Matt Ryan: $30M
3. Kirk Cousins: $28M (3y x 28m = 84M @100% Guaranteed) :x
4. Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M
5. Matthew Stafford: $27M
6. Derek Carr: $25M

If the numbers are right only Luck and Brees "24+ & 25m?" are in the top ten paid and in the post? Flacco is down for the count, rookie contracts is the new QB for 2018.....Shit and Russell I think or he sits at 11th.

Maybe it's one of those Collins vs Dilfer seasons....A lot of mediocrity. No Bears and let KC go down in the Divisional pleaz, thanks.

Saints vs Pats, Brady FTW is my wish not my call. I'd dig on the hate.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Fucking Vikings, they ruined a perfect scenario.

All the shitbag teams (Titans were at least respectable) that beat the Pats this year and celebrated like they won the Super Bowl, missed the playoffs. Aim a little higher, guys. :lol:

Then the Vikings let the fucking Eagles in.

Pats aren't going to win it all this year but the Eagles don't deserve another miracle run.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well Nitrogaz it looks like hell has finally froze over in Cincinnati. About fucking time huh?
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

eddie lee roth wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:46 am Well Nitrogaz it looks like hell has finally froze over in Cincinnati. About fucking time huh?
Yes, about 6 years too late.

It wouldn’t shock me if Hue Jackson is promoted :evil:
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

HOW ABOUT THOSE STEELERS!?
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Nitrorulz wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:29 pm HOW ABOUT THOSE STEELERS!?
Thankfully they won't fire Tomlin. We can laugh at this dumpster fire for years.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

UtahRatt wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:35 am
bigbuttskinner wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:27 am

1 Tom Brady 35

16 Aaron Rodgers 13

Not sure where you get your stats I see Rodgers 12th in Game Winning Drives at 20 with another 4 under 25 but it's a misleading stat.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... active.htm
I used pro football reference and the list I posted is for 4th Quarter Comebacks; you posted Game Winning Drives. That's the difference.

Also, fuck the steelers and each and every one of their fake, dick sucking fans.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bigbuttskinner wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:10 pmI used pro football reference and the list I posted is for 4th Quarter Comebacks; you posted Game Winning Drives. That's the difference.

Also, fuck the steelers and each and every one of their fake, dick sucking fans.
Gotcha, still kind of miss leading. He's good enough to win a Ring and for the most part carry the team.....Like Brady, Rodgers could restructure his contract and win more. His hit towards the cap hurts more than his 4th Quarter comebacks....Well that and he dose have a Danica Patrick of the NFL vibe going on...GO DADDY!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:37 am
bigbuttskinner wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:10 pmI used pro football reference and the list I posted is for 4th Quarter Comebacks; you posted Game Winning Drives. That's the difference.

Gotcha, still kind of miss leading. He's good enough to win a Ring and for the most part carry the team.....Like Brady, Rodgers could restructure his contract and win more. His hit towards the cap hurts more than his 4th Quarter comebacks....Well that and he dose have a Danica Patrick of the NFL vibe going on...GO DADDY!
Fuck never mind through the mix up of constant quotes I see this is more about Cam Newton......

Cam works harder on dance moves than his playbook. Whoever said he has heart but questions his maturity is a contradiction, if he had heart he'd work harder at winning. Probably the most inconsistent QB in the game, showing up on Sunday and trying don't mean he has heart I bet he dances while playing xbox. I can't picture him being a leader of a team unless it's the Solid Gold Dancers....He cares more about himself on the field.