The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Gritt »

Three or four years ago. Cowboys/Dolphins.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Canton, HOF.
Just remember Canton is a museum, if you're a fan you'll get into all the displays and history but some people expect Disney Land for some reason. It's great for anyone who loves the game, most people get off on the Hall of Fame Gallery Busts exhibit, it will rise a hair or two on your neck.

The HOF game, like someone mentioned for tickets, the secondary market or scalp, shouldn't be hard to find.

If you're around after the HOF game you'll be able to pick up game memorabilia for cheap at the HOF Store. I lived in Cleveland and found as the weeks go by after the game you can pick up stuff real cheap like the official HOF Game stamped NFL balls were much cheaper then you can buy normal official NFL balls. So I picked up several and used them in league play.

Watch the Road to the Super Bowl film. Look up the calendar for events and stuff they hold through out the year. It's been a while but beeen there many times over a decades and always enjoyed it.

While you're in the area Id hit the Rock Hall in Cleveland, it's worth the visit, I think you can buy discount passes to both but I wouldn't catch Canton and miss the Rock n Roll HOF.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

*Edit* My PC locked up and froze like Randy Moss going over the middle.

Anyway the NFL is exploding in all directions....CTE, ties to the Tobacco Industry, hidden concussion data. The NFL threatening The NY Times with a lawsuit. It's all lead to a mess over 30 pages long most of which shows how crooked the NFL is.

N.F.L.’s Flawed Concussion Research and Ties to Tobacco Industry.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/sport ... trref=t.co

"The real burn comes at the end of McCraw's three-page rebuttal when he notes that the NFL's own law firm represented tobacco giant Philip Morris when it was charged with violating the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act."

-------------------------------- Then you have ---------------

Two weeks ago, NFL executive V.P. of player health and safety Jeff Miller admitted to the existence of a link between CTE and football.

More owners dispute Jeff Miller’s admission of CTE-football link.

• Jerry Jones - it’s ‘absurd’ to think current data shows clear link between CTE, football, he is not convinced that the data shows there is a connection.

• Colts Owner Jim Irsay was quoted as saying that not enough is known to make a direct link between playing football and Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy.
“I can’t say I agree with that comment,” Colts owner Jim Irsay regarding Miller’s remarks. “To say you know all of a sudden there is a suicide or a murder, and to say, ‘Oh, that is football.’ I mean, that is completely ludicrous. It’s not just true. There is so much we don’t know. Whether you are dealing with Alzheimer’s, whether dealing with contact sports with concussions that can come into play, you know, we don’t know enough about it.”

• Jim Irsay compares football risks to taking painkillers, bobsledding......And continued on.
“To try to tie football, like I said, to suicides or murders or what have you, I believe that is just so absurd as well and it is harmful to other diseases, harmful to things like … when you get into the use of steroids, when you get into substance abuse, you get into the illness of alcohol and addiction,” Irsay added. “It’s a shame that gets missed, because there [are] very deadly diseases there, for instance, like alcoholism and addiction. That gets pushed to the side and [a person] says, ‘Oh, no. Football.’ To me, that’s really absurd.”

• Jets owner Woody Johnson used softer terms to reach the same conclusion between CTE and Football. Basically saying Jeff Miller is a Layman on the CTE subject....."a person without professional or specialized knowledge in a particular subject."

On C.T.E. and Athletes, Science Remains in Its Infancy
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/healt ... ref=health

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a whole lot of back n forth blah, blah, blah.....NFL train wreck in this list of story's.

New York Times Responds To NFL's Demand For Retraction, Unleashes The Burns
http://deadspin.com/new-york-times-resp ... 1768035969

New York Times declines to retract NFL article
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-article/

New York Times hits back at the NFL
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/30/media/n ... index.html

The NFL released the following response by to the New York Times story
https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Mor ... Story.aspx

-----------------------

The NY TIMES to the National Football League..............The final fuck you to the NFL.

"While your earlier letter to The Times called the tobacco industry 'perhaps most odious industry in America history,' you somehow fail to mention in either letter that it was your firm that represented Philip Morris in that RICO case," McCraw wrote.

The NFL has been pushing back on the Times' story since its publication last week. It's written two letters to the Times and even paid for advertisements on the Times website. But as for a retraction from the Times? That is something the NFL cannot buy.

The National Football League's attempt to take on The New York Times has backfired.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Prominent NFL agent Eugene Parker dies at 60.........CTE! :twisted:

One of the most prominent agents in the football world passed away on Thursday.
His client list was exhaustive and littered with stars, All-Pros and Hall of Famers. He represented Deion Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Rod Woodson, Walter Jones and Curtis Martin.

Parker’s list of active players is lofty as well. He represents Larry Fitzgerald (ARI), Jason Pierre-Paul (NYG), Allen Robinson (JAX), Alshon Jeffery (CHI), Jairus Byrd (NO), Jared Odrick (JAX), Kelvin Benjamin (CAR), Michael Crabtree (OAK), Sammy Watkins (BUF) and Carlos Hyde (SF) among others.

Parker played college basketball at Purdue University and was a fifth round selection of the San Antonio Spurs in the 1978 NBA Draft. Instead of signing with the Spurs, Parker became a graduate assistant at Vanderbilt University, where he worked to get his law degree.

--------------------------------------------

• Veteran defensive tackle Terrance Knighton picks Patriots over Redskins, one year at $4.5m

• Thomas Rawls says he’ll be back running soon. Rawls rushed for 830 yards and four touchdowns in 13 total games and seven starts for Seattle last year after his Rookie season came to a halt when he suffered a broken ankle and ligament damage against the Baltimore Ravens in December. With Lynch retiring (though he hasn’t submitted the paperwork as of yet), Rawls is in line to be the workhorse in Seattle.

• J.J. Watt 2015 was the toughest on his body so far. He played through 5 torn abdominal and groin muscles a broken hand, played in every game and still racked up 17.5 sacks, eight passes defended, three forced fumbles and 76 total tackles. Watt's has yet to miss a game in his career. Lawrence Taylor puts J.J. Watt in top four all time defensive players.

• Broncos reportedly still want Kaepernick. The Broncos want Kaepernick to reduce his compensation package to facilitate a trade or the49ers to pay some of his 11.9m base salary.

• All teams that play on Thursday this year will wear a Color Rush uniform even after the ugly mess last year, Nikefication will continue with the whole red-green colorblind glitch from the Bills-Jets game to the ketchup-mustard vibe between the Bucs and Rams, and a Star Trek homage when the Jaguars faced the Titans.

• Josh Norman seeking a long term $16 million a year for being the biggest shit talking CB in the NFL. Darrelle Revis averages just over $14 million a year with the Jets, giving him the highest per-year average for a cornerback in the NFL. Josh Norman wants to blow that number away.
Norman has indicated he’s in no hurry to get a deal done, saying he wouldn’t report to Organized Team Activities if the Panthers haven’t shown him the money.

"Team Player" He wont have the same type of season with as many balls as he's seen in 2015 not to mention the weak schedule, plays ZONE and could work on tackling....A good bet why no team made him an offer and the Panthers aren't jumping at his asking price. That's a lot of dough.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Leaguewide Disgust at the Manziel Disaster.......

Manziel has become a symbol of the Browns' inability as an organization to help themselves, to avoid bad decisions. They're the equivalent of the person who's been divorced three times and thinks the drummer in the rock band who keeps asking to borrow a credit card would make an excellent fourth spouse.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2623 ... istake-yet

But he was destined to be a Brown, because Browns gonna Brown. Never forget their infamous list of starting quarterbacks since 1999:
Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thad Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown and Austin Davis.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The reason the Jet's are having problems resigning quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick?
As of Friday morning, the Jets had just $719,647 in salary cap space. :lol:

They have virtually no money to spend, are still at an impasse with would-be starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, and will need about $5 million to sign their draft picks.
General manager Mike Maccagnan, a lifelong scout, has admitted the salary cap is not his area of expertise. He leans on Jacqueline Davidson, the team’s director of football administration, when it comes to managing contracts. GO JETS!

---------------------------------------------Rumor Mill

Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne wants the team to draft a player who could finally make Claiborne irrelevant. "I didn't think Morris Claiborne was relevant in the first place!"

Washington has released its offseason workout schedule, so at least fans will know when to anticipate seeing TE Vernon Davis begin to drop passes while wearing burgundy.

Former Lions K Jason Hanson didn’t want to see the team do well the year after he walked away. "That's playing in Detroit for ya"

----------------------------------------------

After the Browns released practically everyone, safety Donte Whitner said he wasn’t worried about getting released by the Browns and that he wanted “to win a championship in Cleveland myself.”
The Browns released Whitner on Saturday.

Whitner was pissed.......Browns are “playing MONEYBALL now.
DonteHitner ‎@DonteWhitner
I just wish they had common courtesy and would've done it weeks ago when free agency was going on...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The Major League Football, MLFB, the proposed professional American football league pulls plug on inaugural season and reschedules to launch in March of 2017. MLFB, a publicly traded company announced a two-year television deal with the American Sports Network.
MLFB president Wes Chandler explained that the withdrawal of the league’s major investor has prompted the league to treat 2016 as a developmental year, with no “competitive games.” The teams will spend this current season to further develop players, plan for staffing in cities and provide ample time for ticketing agencies and the League’s broadcasting partner to advertise and market the League’s formal kick-off in 2017.

http://www.mlfbmedia.com/

The League has filed trade marks, "now" nine proposed teams.
Alabama Airborne
Arkansas Attack
Florida Fusion
Northwest Empire
Ohio Union
Oklahoma Nation
Texas Independence
Utah Stand
Virginia Armada

Coaches
Team Dave Campo
Team Charlie Collins
Team Ted Cottrell
Team Robert Ford
Team Wayne ‘Buddy’ Geis
Team Galen Hall
Team Larry Kirksey
Team Chris Miller

----------------------------------MSN.......

The mere fact that the NFL continues to resist launching a minor league system confirms the difficulty of turning a profit from anything other than NFL-quality football, even though there are plenty of capable and willing athletes, given the number of college football programs, who could fill rosters for another league.

At some point, if the NFL continues to dilute the product in the name of safety, a new professional football league selling itself as a throwback to earlier days of the sport could emerge, with the kind of unapologetic brutality that allows sports leagues like UFC to hide in plain sight. Thanks to the NFL’s experiences over the past decade, there’s no way that anyone would be able to claim they didn’t know the risks inherent to an Old School Football League.

So whether it’s five years, 10 years, 30 years, or 50 years from now, the next time (and first time) an alternative to the NFL will have a chance of thriving is when it embraces all the things that have become taboo for the NFL. Which would give American football fans the same kind of guilt-free thrill that comes when consenting adults repeatedly punch and kick each other in the head with nearly bare knuckles and fully bare feet.

Until then, anything that isn’t NFL football won’t come close to having the financial success that NFL football enjoys. Every few years, however, another group of folks with plenty of money to lose apparently will be willing to try.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Dear god those team names are terrible.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Dear god those team names are terrible.
That's no shit. As the "Nation" takes on "Independence" after ending the "Empire" streak, they'll battle with the "Union" as they face the "Attack" at the hands of the "Armada".....Details at 2am on CSPAN.

I have my doubts but they have the foundation, a few names and full teams with a year to beat them into shape. Now they need to publicize this shit. No one knows this league exists but they, like others in the past are trying to get something of an NFL minor league system going. But without the NFL logo it will fold. There's no money without the NFL logo and the NFL is content with College and without a minor system. With the lack of QB's alone the NFL would benefit from a small developmental league but the NFL is a tight monopoly so it will never happen.

Levi is always laughing at the XFL, in it's short span it produced a few players. The USFL produced a some HOFers, even Curt Warner from Arena shows if there was at least some dedication from the NFL into a developmental league and stuck with it like the MLB farm system they would get results. The NFL has some positions that needs filling and they can no longer afford to have players learn and develop with the money they make. It's out of college onto the field or bust.

---------------------------------------------------------

Eagles sign C Stefen Wisniewsk, they have one of the better Centers so it's expected he'll play Guard. Stefen was great in Oakland and a shitty cap victim after his rookie contract then a solid season with the Jag's he's with Philly. Now the Eagles have two good centers. Not sure who they'll be protecting or blocking for....

I thought Bradford 2 year @ $35m might $22 million guaranteed, AVG $17m was a bit much but I get it, he did well down the stretch and there isn't any QB's out there.....Then they add Chase Daniel @ 3 years $21 million.
On paper there's some dead money and next season is a cap hit but it's all the "what ifs". If Chase beats him out you've already guaranteed Bradford, dead money. If Bradford plays well Chase is money on the bench.

It's crafty they way they signed both of them to give the Eagles the best chance they could but it could come at a cost. If Sam has another start like last season and Chase turns into Hoyer. Plus they cleaned house, lost all their weapons and they're talking about drafting another QB.

Most interesting team in the NFCLeast. Unless the Giants get a Running game. In fact the NFC East will be interesting to watch unfold for the first couple months then the last couple weeks.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Greg Hardy continues to make things worse for himself by talking.... :lol:
In hopes of breathing some life into what has been a non-existent job market, Greg Hardy decided to talk today. As has been the case so many times in his career already, it has proven to be a mistake.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... y-talking/

Greg Hardy - “I’ve never put my hand on ANY women,”“In my whole entire life, No Sir. That’s just not how we’re raised. As you can tell, like I said again, it’s the Bible belt. It’s just something that’s, I wouldn’t even say frowned upon, just something that’s nonexistent in most southern homes.”

Then Adam Schefter pointed to the presence of photographs of his accuser’s injuries.

Greg Hardy - “I will stop you there and say that I didn’t say that I didn’t do anything wrong,” Hardy said. “That situation occurred and that situation was handled but … saying that I did nothing wrong is a stretch but saying I am innocent is correct. Yes sir.”

---------------

Steve Smith rips Greg Hardy’s claim.....Hardy’s former teammate Steve Smith isn’t buying it.

Smith posted a snippet of Hardy’s interview on Twitter and then wrote, sarcastically, “So I guess she tripped on the carpet or something.”

------------------------------

Meanwhile.........
Yes, the Raiders have re-signed pass rusher Aldon Smith. No, it doesn’t change the fact that he remains under suspension. Smith technically has been banished with the opportunity to reapply for reinstatement one year after his suspension began on November 17, 2015.
the NFL under no obligation to move swiftly or at all, there’s no reason to believe that Smith definitely will be reinstated so basically there’s no guarantee the Raiders will see Aldon Smith in 2016 even if he does do everything right. If he is reinstated the soonest will be mid November.

In other news, Overstock.com pulls name from Oakland Coliseum..... :?
------------------------

Josh Gordon is still in a holding patter after being suspended for all of last season, Goodell hasn't moved on his case either. He said in late march he was going to look over his case with staff workers in the next few days, that's been two weeks. He said in early March he was going to look at Josh's case in the next week or two...It's fucking April.....No matter what anyone says or does, it's all up to Goodell, he's the judge, jury and executioner. He'll get around to it when he feels like it and make a decision based on his mood or again, whatever he feels like.

There should be an NFL committee to handle this shit, giving Goodell the power to play god is a joke. Not sure how the union lets this stand.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I really think the Raiders are going to end up in Las Vegas.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:I really think the Raiders are going to end up in Las Vegas.
If they move I'm done with the NFL. Being my team I'm tired of the League Office releasing these meaningless misleading statements when no one has a clue what's going to happen. It's an option but not a good one for the Raiders. Then again The NFL might really like Vegas now that the NFL is a partner of DraftKings.com.

The Mayor and city leaders of Oakland are fuckheads who wont budge. The Raiders are not owned by billionaires so they need help. The City isn't even throwing them crumbs, their offers are a joke but other hopes are they'll find a site in the area maybe another county.

The only thing known is Mark Davis wants to stay in Oakland and the City don't want to help make it happen at this point. There is a rumor of an investor jumping in and making an Oakland Stadium happen.

Then shit like this goes down, Overstock.com pulling their name from Oakland Coliseum takes needed revenue AND their the lease agreement went from $925,000 to $3.5 million with options for a pair of one-year extensions.

Mark Davis knows they wont have a fan base in Vegas. In LA they'll have a mixed fan base. By extending the options at the Coliseum for a pair of one year deals is a key to give them more time to work out a deal keeping them in Oakland. The thing is, Mark isn't wanting a 1.7Billion Taj Mahal he's just trying to work out a 55,000 seat 800mill to 1Bill stadium.

One interesting factor would be is if the Raiders started winning and make noise. It would help make the city's interest go up. But, if I had to say, I'd guess it's a split between LA and staying in Oakland with Vegas a long shot. Mark's tossed out St Louis but even that deal sounds appealing money wise but he's dead set on staying in the Bay.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
If they move I'm done with the NFL. Being my team I'm tired of the League Office releasing these meaningless misleading statements when no one has a clue what's going to happen. It's an option but not a good one for the Raiders. Then again The NFL might really like Vegas now that the NFL is a partner of DraftKings.com.

The Mayor and city leaders of Oakland are fuckheads who wont budge. The Raiders are not owned by billionaires so they need help. The City isn't even throwing them crumbs, their offers are a joke but other hopes are they'll find a site in the area maybe another county.

The only thing known is Mark Davis wants to stay in Oakland and the City don't want to help make it happen at this point. There is a rumor of an investor jumping in and making an Oakland Stadium happen.

Then shit like this goes down, Overstock.com pulling their name from Oakland Coliseum takes needed revenue AND their the lease agreement went from $925,000 to $3.5 million with options for a pair of one-year extensions.

Mark Davis knows they wont have a fan base in Vegas. In LA they'll have a mixed fan base. By extending the options at the Coliseum for a pair of one year deals is a key to give them more time to work out a deal keeping them in Oakland. The thing is, Mark isn't wanting a 1.7Billion Taj Mahal he's just trying to work out a 55,000 seat 800mill to 1Bill stadium.

One interesting factor would be is if the Raiders started winning and make noise. It would help make the city's interest go up. But, if I had to say, I'd guess it's a split between LA and staying in Oakland with Vegas a long shot. Mark's tossed out St Louis but even that deal sounds appealing money wise but he's dead set on staying in the Bay.
I'm surprised they aren't taking the niners up on sharing their stadium.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I'm surprised they aren't taking the niners up on sharing their stadium.
The conversation between these 2 franchises sharing a stadium is nothing new. T
Al Davis marched back into Oakland and ruined whatever was left of the A's baseball stadium. Mount Davis was built and that portion of the stadium is an embarrassment.
If the 49ers have to share Levi's Stadium, I would bet anything that the Raiders would ruin that venue as well. Better to leave well enough alone. I'm sure the Mayor of Santa Clara
envisions dollar signs and of course that's the bottom line.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The Colisseum was a really nice baseball stadium before the Raiders came back. Shame.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:I'm surprised they aren't taking the niners up on sharing their stadium.
From day one it was clear the Niners don't want the Raiders there and from Day one the Raiders made it clear they don't want to be there. Sharing stadiums can be a mess especially if they're not partners.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:The Colisseum was a really nice baseball stadium before the Raiders came back. Shame.
Not sure about really nice, it's been beat up since the 60's, it's the smallest NFL and 2nd smallest MLB homes. After the Raiders left for LA the A's were sold and was going to move to Denver but the City blocked it not wanting to lose both. It was Davis who had it at least renovated when the Raiders came back.

It's butt fucking ugly for football that's for sure. Unless you're in the endzone you feel a mile away at the 50yd line. And that's before you talk about a dirt infield and the smell.

It needs to go.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:The Colisseum was a really nice baseball stadium before the Raiders came back. Shame.
Not sure about really nice, it's been beat up since the 60's, it's the smallest NFL and 2nd smallest MLB homes. After the Raiders left for LA the A's were sold and was going to move to Denver but the City blocked it not wanting to lose both. It was Davis who had it at least renovated when the Raiders came back.

It's butt fucking ugly for football that's for sure. Unless you're in the endzone you feel a mile away at the 50yd line. And that's before you talk about a dirt infield and the smell.

It needs to go.
Utah, I have a feeling Gritt was being "sarcastic"
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I wasn't being sarcastic. I guess I should have qualified my statement better. Before the Raiders came back in 94, it was a nice stadium compared to many other teams. Remember, this was before the new wave of new stadiums. The Phillies, Pirates, Reds, Cardinals, Mets, Braves, Brewers, Orioles, Padres, Twins, Angels, Mariners, Giants, and probably a couple others were playing in those 1970s cookie cutter multi purpose stadiums/domes that had zero personality or appeal. Oakland had a better stadium than all of those teams at the time.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:I wasn't being sarcastic. I guess I should have qualified my statement better. Before the Raiders came back in 94, it was a nice stadium compared to many other teams. Remember, this was before the new wave of new stadiums. The Phillies, Pirates, Reds, Cardinals, Mets, Braves, Brewers, Orioles, Padres, Twins, Angels, Mariners, Giants, and probably a couple others were playing in those 1970s cookie cutter multi purpose stadiums/domes that had zero personality or appeal. Oakland had a better stadium than all of those teams at the time.
The football team does ruin the stadium, it is built more for baseball.
The Raider renovation didn't do much to help, I dig the stadium till it's game time for football, I liked it for the A's. It was a good crib but they both need new homes.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Greg Hardy is upset Aldon Smith signed before him! :lol:

"Is he dumb as a box of rocks? Talk about a mental egotistical woman beating dumb ass who can't shut up." "Maybe everyone on the planet watched Hardy get into arguments on the sideline, push people around, knock a clip board away from a coach and get into a fight in camp last year"

Panthers Charles Johnson’s advice to Greg Hardy: “Don’t do interviews”

Greg Hardy may know he’s viewed as an off-field problem in NFL circles, but he doesn’t think he’s as big a problem as Aldon Smith.
That’s the word from Jason Cole of Bleacher Report, who says that Hardy got upset when Smith — who is currently suspended and has a long history of off-field problems — signed with the Raiders while Hardy is still looking for work.

Who’s worse, Hardy or Smith? That’s a hard question to answer. But Smith got no signing bonus and nothing guaranteed from the Raiders, and Smith remains suspended by the NFL and won’t even be eligible for reinstatement until November. So the Raiders weren’t taking much of a risk when they signed him.
NFL teams do think, however, that signing Hardy is a risk. He was suspended after an ugly domestic violence accusation in 2014 with the Panthers, he clashed with teammates and coaches in 2015 with the Cowboys, and he showed no remorse for his actions in an interview that aired this week on ESPN.

Eventually some team may decide that Hardy is worth the risk. But it shouldn’t be a surprise, to Hardy or anyone else, that no team has reached that point yet.

--------------------

What team picks him up? Thinking of cap strapped teams or teams that might jump on this coward.
The Skins, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Bills or Cincy. Hardy and Adam dick Jones would be a great combo. The BROWNS!

-------------------------

Patriots fans sue over lost #Deflategate draft picks!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

UtahRatt wrote: Patriots fans sue over lost #Deflategate draft picks!
That's gonna go well.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: Patriots fans sue over lost #Deflategate draft picks!
That's gonna go well.
Even worse,

“The Court is denying plaintiffs’ motion without the benefit of an evidentiary hearing or an opposition brief,” The Judges order explains. “The federal courts are courts of limited resources, funded by the taxpayers, and it would not be a prudent expenditure of those resources to permit the motion to progress to the hearing stage.”

Judge Saylor’s hints at the possibility of an award of litigation costs and other penalties against Seth Carey, the Maine lawyer who signed the civil complaint. Judge Saylor’s initial reaction to this specific lawsuit suggests that a much stronger reaction could be coming later.

The Judge is clearly an Indy fan and sounds pissed.

----------------In other court news

Jury finds "Brandon Marshall" Didn't Punch Woman's Face ...A Juror stated the deciding factor was the grainy quality of video was insufficient. The video showed one of Marshall’s arms going forward; that’s when Christin Myles said he punched her, Marshall said he was trying to keep his balance while getting away from the scrum.

-------------------------

Raiders sign ex-Bengals Safety Reggie Nelson, gets $4 million guaranteed.
Technically a $12 million over two years with the incentives "pro-bowl, workout bonus"
Reggie finished 2015 with 72 tackles and made his first career Pro Bowl after recording a league-best eight interceptions

--------------------

Starting Left Tackle Ryan Clady has been traded from the Broncos to the Jets for a fifth-round pick, Denver in exchange for Clady and a seventh-round pick. "Injury plagued solid tackle"

------------------------------

Former Saints defensive end "Will Smith" was shot and killed in New Orleans late Saturday night.

Staff photographer DeMocker attributes to unidentified witnesses the news that Smith has died and his wife was wounded. One photo posted by DeMocker shows former Saints running back Pierre Thomas at the scene.

---------------

Von Miller wants Johnny Manziel on the Broncos!
Meanwhile in Hollywood, the unemployed NFL quarterback started his night off at the Lakers game then rolled into The Nice Guy before moving the party over to Warwick nightclub ... where he stayed until 2 AM.

"I'm not really partying though. I'm just out hangin' with the boys." He added, "I'm out at the spots. I'm eating dinner. I'm eating good food. I'm not doing anything crazy though. I'm being smart."

------------------

Michael Vick's brother Marcus Vick is charged with assaulting a police officer.....Apples don't fall far from the tree. Marcus Vick, a great college quarterback who never had more than a shot of espresso with the NFL....also faces charges of obstruction of justice, destruction of property, and resisting arrest.

After a brief chase on foot, Vick was taken into custody. "clearly not as fast as his brother."
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Rams trade for the #1 pick. Would be hilarious if they swooped in on the QB the Browns were gonna take at #2
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

LAPoet wrote:Rams trade for the #1 pick. Would be hilarious if they swooped in on the QB the Browns were gonna take at #2
They gave up way too much. When will teams figure this out?
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Two retirements in two weeks: First D'Brickashaw Ferguson and now Percy Harvin. Harvin could have been a big star if he hadn't been plagued by so many injuries...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAPoet wrote:Rams trade for the #1 pick. Would be hilarious if they swooped in on the QB the Browns were gonna take at #2
A NFL has never had this many picks since Dallas acquired all the draft picks from the Vikings. Also known as, The Great Trade Robbery.
Titans fleeced the Rams here. Look for the Titans to become a superior team in about 3 years, unless they swing and miss with the draft
picks they just acquired. Which is always possible.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Does this list of former NFL QB's have a common denominator?

Todd Marinovich

Ryan Leaf

Jamarcus Russell

Johnny Manziel

Indeed they do. All busts in the NFL. All failed to live up to expectations but also were never NFL material. Just good college QB's who felt the NFL owed them a living.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Does this list of former NFL QB's have a common denominator?

Todd Marinovich

Ryan Leaf

Jamarcus Russell

Johnny Manziel

Indeed they do. All busts in the NFL. All failed to live up to expectations but also were never NFL material. Just good college QB's who felt the NFL owed them a living.
Going into the drafts I listed them all as failures except for Leaf, I blew that call. After watching Peyton choke in the Orange Bowl vs Nebraska I thought both would be starters but thought Leaf was a better QB. OOPS!
Ironically enough Ryan Leaf recently said to the press he see's himself when he see's Johnny Manziel. Two idiot peas in a pod.

I got mad cow disease when Oakland picked Jamarcus and Marijuanovich. I had no doubts they were busts just waiting for a contract. Davis was already in a senile stage when they picked Marijuanaovich and a total vegetable when Russel was drafted. Who cares if they could actually play......Senile Davis's draft card was listed by who's the faster and who could throw farthest.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Same here. I honestly thought Leaf was going to be an elite quarterback. I fell in love with his arm when he was in college. The others guys listed I also never thought would do anything.