The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

It should be a crime what the Vikings are doing to Peterson.

He isn't getting any younger.

Christian Ponder?!

Arizona and KC manages to upgrade at qb this offseason. Vikes didn't even try.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Christian Ponderous.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The Jaguars and Vikings are both humiliating themselves weekly with their starting quarterbacks.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The Lions and Vikings game could have been a lot different. The Vikings have a lot of talent in the passing game, just not a QB who can pass the ball to them. The Vikings were focused on stopping Calvin Johnson and did a good job. The Lions were focused on stopping Adrian Peterson and did a good job.

I'm sorry dude, but Ponder sucks.
scarred but smarter
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I have to agree with Levi. If you had Alex Smith, Carson Palmer or even grabbed Vince Young after his preseason game with Green Bay it could have easily resulted in a win.
scarred but smarter
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

sin wrote:The Lions and Vikings game could have been a lot different. The Vikings have a lot of talent in the passing game, just not a QB who can pass the ball to them. The Vikings were focused on stopping Calvin Johnson and did a good job. The Lions were focused on stopping Adrian Peterson and did a good job.

I'm sorry dude, but Ponder sucks.
Truth. Another 5 yard hail mary at the end of the first half didn't help either. He does that constantly. I can remember 5 times last year he did the same thing. Off the top o0f my head.

Did anybody else notice the lack of kick returns yesterday? They are totally erasing that part of the game without totally getting rid of it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

NeverSurrender wrote: Did anybody else notice the lack of kick returns yesterday? They are totally erasing that part of the game without totally getting rid of it.
It was glaringly apparent. They might as well eliminate them at this point. The only time I saw a kickoff matter was when that idiot got the safety by stepping out and then back in the end zone and taking the knee.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote: Did anybody else notice the lack of kick returns yesterday? They are totally erasing that part of the game without totally getting rid of it.
It was glaringly apparent. They might as well eliminate them at this point. The only time I saw a kickoff matter was when that idiot got the safety by stepping out and then back in the end zone and taking the knee.

Gotta make the lawyers happy.

It almost reminds me of what they are doing with fighting in hockey. Getting rid of it, without actually getting rid of it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Did anybody else notice the lack of kick returns yesterday? They are totally erasing that part of the game without totally getting rid of it.
On this I agree.

Just get rid of kickoffs if that's the intention - it's silly to keep moving the ball so far up the field that you get touchback after touchback.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Worst offciating call of the weekend?

Roids Matthews clotheslines Kapernick so far out of bounds, he's almost with the fans in the stands. Staley the o-tackle runs up to Roid boy and roid boy slaps Staley in the head, and then they call offsetting penalties.

As karma would have it, they blow the call even further by allowing the Niners to have another 3rd down play instead of it being 4th down.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I wasn't aware there was evidence that Mathews takes roids.

When did this come out?

We don't "make shit up" around here, right?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I also think I saw more turnovers yesterday than anything.

Except for the Gay Bay - San Fran game I saw, that was some ugly ass football.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Groundhog Day continues for the Panthers. :|

Are you a Cam Newton supporter? I've never liked him, and it seems he has regressed since his rookie season.

Oh yeah, how did I forget. Suh is a bitch. That was acheap shot, and I rarely say that about anybody.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Was it my tv or my eyes either way the Vikings helmet looked like a darker purple to me.

I might of been side tracked a little bit during the game but I never heard the announcers bring it up.

Why is it that great RB's from the state of OK always get saddled with shit teams?

(Billy Sims/Lions, Barry Sanders/Lions and AD with the Vikings)
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Did I hear they made Suh a co-captain? THAT'S ridiculous.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

eddie lee roth wrote:Was it my tv or my eyes either way the Vikings helmet looked like a darker purple to me.

I might of been side tracked a little bit during the game but I never heard the announcers bring it up.

Why is it that great RB's from the state of OK always get saddled with shit teams?

(Billy Sims/Lions, Barry Sanders/Lions and AD with the Vikings)
They went back to the old school purple and more old school stripes. It's basically a throwback but updated.
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Did I hear they made Suh a co-captain? THAT'S ridiculous.
Sounds like something Jim Schwartz would do. One of the biggest problems is losing to the Lions is, I believe they are the worst coached team in the NFL.
WTF

Post by WTF »

NeverSurrender wrote:
They went back to the old school purple and more old school stripes. It's basically a throwback but updated.
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Did I hear they made Suh a co-captain? THAT'S ridiculous.
Sounds like something Jim Schwartz would do. One of the biggest problems is losing to the Lions is, I believe they are the worst coached team in the NFL.
Yup. He's a perfect choice for a captain on that fucking team.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yea they did make probably the dirtest player in the league a captain, unfucking believeable.

And I did like the new look uniforms the Vikes had on too bad they didn't have a new look offense to go with it.

Could you imagine what kind of yards AD could get if he played on a team like Emmitt Smith played on?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Anybody miss HookerLingus13's Monday morning rants after a Colts win?

I thought I would...but I don't. At all.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

At times he was fun to have around here but the longer he's gone the more I realize what a asshole he was and how much better this place is without him around fucking up every thread.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WTF wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:
Yup. He's a perfect choice for a captain on that fucking team.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Jerry Jones accuses the Giants of faking injuries Sunday night. That has NEVER been in the Giants game plan.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Image
8)
Yes. Heading in the right direction. Defense looked awesome. Yeah, it was the Jags, but we'll see. 6 sacks, Hali gets a pick 6, Poe was owning the line of scrimmage, Jags didn't cross the 50 until halfway through the 4th quarter.

Heard that the Chiefs hadn't won opening day on the road since 2002 at Cleveland. I was at that game. Dwayne Rudd threw his helmet thinking the game was over, but it wasn't. Morten Andersen kicked the game winner.

Wasn't really crazy about Andy Reid coming in, but hopefully it will turn out well. "Well" as in when they brought Marty in from the Browns (when I became a Chiefs fan). Had to laugh at what happened to the Steelers with that fucking moron Todd Haley as OC. That guy needs to get run out of the league. He's a golf coach. But, he's Pittsburgh's problem now, so have fun with that.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Peterbilt wrote:
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Image
8)
Yeah, it was the Jags, but we'll see.
Yeah, it was the Jags.

Seriously. That team might not win a game all year. Way too soon for this kind of cheerleading.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Nice win by Dallas last night.
Defense forced 6 turnovers. After only forcing 16 all of last season, I am still in shock the defense was able to get 6 turnovers in only 4 quarters.
Hoping that is a sign of things to come.

Next up is KC
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Nice win by Dallas last night.
Defense forced 6 turnovers. After only forcing 16 all of last season, I am still in shock the defense was able to get 6 turnovers in only 4 quarters.

Next up is KC
They didn't "force" the last turnover that won the game, that was an inexperienced replacement RB fucking up and not turning around to catch the pass when he was supposed to.

It's not a sign of things to come. Very sloppy play from the Giants.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

AliceManson wrote:Jerry Jones accuses the Giants of faking injuries Sunday night. That has NEVER been in the Giants game plan.
So sick and tired of defenders faking injuries. That goes for college football and the NFL.

The giants players clearly was not injured and of course the dumb refs
could not recognize a legit injury from a bogus injury.

Any player that fakes an injury should be subject to ejection. Plain and simple. That will be the only deterrent the league needs to completely stop the
senseless process.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:Nice win by Dallas last night.

Next up is KC
They didn't "force" the last turnover that won the game, that was an inexperienced replacement RB fucking up and not turning around to catch the pass when he was supposed to.

It's not a sign of things to come. Very sloppy play from the Giants.
Fuck Off Levi
Don't try to spin that interception. Fact is the Dallas DB caught the tipped ball.
6 turnovers in one game is impressive. No matter how the turnovers were forced or not.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Machado wrote:
AliceManson wrote:Jerry Jones accuses the Giants of faking injuries Sunday night. That has NEVER been in the Giants game plan.
So sick and tired of defenders faking injuries. That goes for college football and the NFL.

The giants players clearly was not injured and of course the dumb refs
could not recognize a legit injury from a bogus injury.

Any player that fakes an injury should be subject to ejection. Plain and simple. That will be the only deterrent the league needs to completely stop the
senseless process.
If my minor league hockey league where I live, if you need help getting off the ice, you're out for the rest of the period.

Hell, yesterday, I saw Jordy Nelson get hurt, the trainers ran out there, checked him out, and he stayed in the game and played. I thought you had to miss a play if the trainers came out to attend to you.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Fuck Off Levi
Don't try to spin that interception. Fact is the Dallas DB caught the tipped ball.
6 turnovers in one game is impressive. No matter how the turnovers were forced or not.
Wow - 1-0 and you FINALLY talk some shit after a year and a half.

Romo looked like shit as usual. And the Giants 2nd-tier RBs played like shit.

But if you want to think all of your defensive woes are fixed based on the Giants giving this game away, knock yourself out. Romo is terrible and that team is going nowhere.