Your Picks for the Harbaugh Bowl?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Your Picks for the Harbaugh Bowl?

Post by nakedmadman »

I'm going to say SF in a bit of a shocker

31 27.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Your Picks for the Harbaugh Bowl?

Post by WOLF »

Cheering for Niners, but Ravens seem destined to win this year. If you put a gun to my head I'd bet Ravens. They are an early 4 point dog - nice bet.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

I dont have a dog in the hunt, but I have watched the playoffs this year...first time in probably 10+ years...

So, I`m gonna go with the Baltimore Ravens. The 49`s looked decent, but both the last 2 wins were comeback wins...they just dont seem to be able to get a good start and carry it throughout a game. The Ravens on the other hand have been pretty good throughout, and they seem to have everything firing in time.

Ravens 34 - 27 Niners..... :wink:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
RockDorkette
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by RockDorkette »

Ravens of course.
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Machado, your stupidity is mind-numbing. Every single post is pure unadulterated derp.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

nakedmadman wrote:I'm going to say SF in a bit of a shocker
You know they're favored, right? :?
doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

Jim vs. John Harbaugh will be first time two brothers have coached against each other in a Super Bowl since Lovie Smith vs. Tony Dungy 8)

Seriously, I'm leaning Ravens.
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

San Francisco- 24
Baltimore- 23
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
nakedmadman wrote:I'm going to say SF in a bit of a shocker
You know they're favored, right? :?
No I didn't.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I'd like to see the 49ers win, but Baltimore have that Giants vibe about them this year (limp in, storm home).
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

I'll go for Ravens. It seems like that it's their time.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

27-23 Ravens.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

CBS will be the winner. This is a great story. My wife even cares and she stops giving a shit once the Bears are (naturally) eliminated.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Niners

27-16
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I am Ravens right now only because one of my friends from San Fransisco has been on a huge shit talking role recently. Ultimately I will go with my wife's pick since she's been right every year for 10 years. Even though she seems to pick it out of thin air a few days before the game starts.
scarred but smarter
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

I see the Ravens taking it. They've been obsessed by the idea of seeing Ray Lewis ride off into the sunset with another ring. Plus they beat both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the way to the SB...that's pretty rare.

Methinks Colin Kaepernick is due for a bad game, but what the fuck do I know? Maybe he's this year's version of Kurt Warner.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Their game last year was one of the best ones I've watched, high hopes for this. Gonna cheer for the Ravens, being from Baltimore and all.
"FUN'S OVER."
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

It's hard to get a read on this game as nobody really expected this matchup. The Ravens have the look of destiny, but the same could be said about the Niners.

My gut tells me that the Niners will run out of magic and the ravens will win in a snoozefest. 31-10.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ravens will win. Team of destiny and Flacco has proven himself elite.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I think the Niners are the better team, and will win. But I wouldn't put any money on it. :|
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Going with San Fran, big.
Crazy Levi wrote:Flacco has proven himself elite.
Disagree with this. He's proven what? He can win one AFC Championship game? He needs much more than that.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:Going with San Fran, big.
Disagree with this. He's proven what? He can win one AFC Championship game? He needs much more than that.
He's played great in the two biggest games of his career this year. He outplayed Peyton Manning last week and he outplayed Tom Brady this week. What the fuck do you want out of the guy?

AliceManson was saying the same shit last week you are this week. And you'll be saying the same thing he/she is the day after the super bowl - absolutely fucking nothing because I proved you are a chump.

You are talking about last year. I'm talking last week. Just like Greggie is always doing...talking 2011 like it makes a fucking difference while the Redskins are winning the division, or talking Colts 2005 like it makes a fucking difference today.

Flacco has stepped up his game big time and he, Ray Rice, Boldin, and the Ravens' D are gonna end the 49ers little fairy tale.

Just a hunch bro. But just so you know I've been on fire in the playoffs. The ONLY two playoff games I've picked wrong were the Seahawks over the Falcons (and I was close) and the Redskins over the Seahawks. And we all know I had no choice but to pick the Redskins.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

If I had to predict today and if the game was being played tomorrow,
I think the 49ers will win by 10 points

Ask me next week and I might have a different opinion
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Crazy Levi wrote:He's played great in the two biggest games of his career this year. He outplayed Peyton Manning last week and he outplayed Tom Brady this week. What the fuck do you want out of the guy?
Win a Super Bowl or two? Consistantly win for more than one playoff?
A few QBs won the biggest games of their career this season. All of a sudden they're elite?
Tebow beat Rothlisberger last year.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:He's played great in the two biggest games of his career this year. He outplayed Peyton Manning last week and he outplayed Tom Brady this week. What the fuck do you want out of the guy?
A few QBs won the biggest games of their career this season. All of a sudden they're elite?
:roll:

Like I said, get back to me on Feb 4. I choose to believe my eyes. You choose to talk about 2011.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Facedown wrote:
:roll:

Like I said, get back to me on Feb 4. I choose to believe my eyes. You choose to talk about 2011.
Funny, I chose to talk about this upcoming game and disagreed with one of your statements.
I chose to answer your question, you chose to go all rolly eyed.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Kerry King's Pentagram wrote:I'll go for Ravens. It seems like that it's their time.

They have won one since San Fran's last Super Bowl. I am going with the Niners, the team is too damn good and they are going up against Flacco. But I wouldn't bet money on it or say that the Ravens don't have a chance.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Line opened
at 49ers -4
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

How many days until the Mayor of SF
and the Mayor of Baltimore announce their
SB bet?

What a snore :roll:
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Crazy Levi wrote:
He's played great in the two biggest games of his career this year. He outplayed Peyton Manning last week and he outplayed Tom Brady this week. What the fuck do you want out of the guy?

AliceManson was saying the same shit last week you are this week. And you'll be saying the same thing he/she is the day after the super bowl - absolutely fucking nothing because I proved you are a chump.

You are talking about last year. I'm talking last week. Just like Greggie is always doing...talking 2011 like it makes a fucking difference while the Redskins are winning the division, or talking Colts 2005 like it makes a fucking difference today.

Flacco has stepped up his game big time and he, Ray Rice, Boldin, and the Ravens' D are gonna end the 49ers little fairy tale.

Just a hunch bro. But just so you know I've been on fire in the playoffs. The ONLY two playoff games I've picked wrong were the Seahawks over the Falcons (and I was close) and the Redskins over the Seahawks. And we all know I had no choice but to pick the Redskins.
Not to brag but this is the first year I am at 100% with playoff picks.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Outplaying Peyton Manning in the playoffs isn't hard to do. Rex Grossman almost did it.