Rugby on NBC

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sinderella
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Rugby on NBC

Post by Sinderella »

Ive never seen a rugby match before, but this is an insane sport! These dudes are crazy and no one is wearing pads. This is just fantastic!
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Rugby on NBC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Is this the "Sevens" or the full version?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

I have no idea!
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The "seven a side" is a modified version of normal Rugby who has about double that amount per team. They are trying to promote it because it is a new Olympic sport. Rugby is pretty cool, you should try it out. I know there are women's and co-ed leagues.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

Ahh, Yes, this is the "sevens" This is awesome!
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

I saw that while I was looking for hockey. Looks like I should have actually watched it huh?
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

Aerosmith87 wrote:I saw that while I was looking for hockey. Looks like I should have actually watched it huh?

Its still on NBC right now. I was watching hockey and this came on after. Pretty cool
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I approve of this thread. Although my favourite version is the 15 a-side version. Speaking of which, England beat Ireland meaning we are the only team who can win the grand slam this year. :D Although no doubt Wales will spoil the party :x

There is also Rugby League. Most popular in Australia.

And Aussie rules where I have no idea what is happening!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

League is better than Union.

That is all.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:League is better than Union.

That is all.
Not at all.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Sinderella wrote:Ahh, Yes, this is the "sevens" This is awesome!
Ahhh... That would have been the Vegas tournament. The Wellington (New Zealand) tournament is the biggest party of the year here. Kinda like our Mardi-Gras or something. Half the crowd in costumes, 24/7 drinking etc.

As for the game, it's a faster, simpler version of the rugby where a whole tournament can be played over a weekend. It's going to be in the Olympics.

It's exciting, but if you're impressed by the toughness - it's got nothing on 'real' rugby.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

demolition23 wrote:
Ahhh... That would have been the Vegas tournament. The Wellington (New Zealand) tournament is the biggest party of the year here. Kinda like our Mardi-Gras or something. Half the crowd in costumes, 24/7 drinking etc.

As for the game, it's a faster, simpler version of the rugby where a whole tournament can be played over a weekend. It's going to be in the Olympics.

It's exciting, but if you're impressed by the toughness - it's got nothing on 'real' rugby.
That sounds awesome.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

pieceofme wrote:
demolition23 wrote:

That sounds awesome.
The tournament's held on Friday and Saturday and my office is right near the stadium. As well as all the hotties in slutty costumes, there's a certain charm to walking down the street at lunch time and seeing Zorro and Tigger locked in a serious conversation. :lol:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/ne ... he-streets
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
DoubleVodkas
Opening for Slaughter

Post by DoubleVodkas »

League is better than Union.

That is all.
Word.

I play both, Union in the winter and League in the summer. I prefer League. It tests your basic skills of passing, running and tackling more. Both are tough as fuck though. Union for the rucks and mauls and League for getting back 10m and some big cunt trying to put you into next week with a shoulder charge.

Either way, your beer always tastes good after a game of rugby. Canada has a decent team and the U.S are getting there. With the amount of freakish athletes in the States I would expect them have a good team with the right coaching and funding.
My strength is as the strength of ten because my heart is pure. -Tennyson
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

DoubleVodkas wrote:
It tests your basic skills of passing, running and tackling more.
Tackling, yes. Running, maybe. Passing, not so much. Outside of the fifth tackle there's a fraction of the passing in league. Far less spinning it out through the back line etc.

As for the states, the problem is attracting athletes who can get more money/glory from high-school onwards by playing football (or even hockey). That's why sevens is so great internationally though. It gives the 'lesser' rugby nations a chance.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I watched a little of the world cup last year...or maybe it was 2011. Just confusing. It's always a big pile in the middle with dudes standing there watching it...suddenly one guy decides to jump into it, then it starts all over again.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

FullDJacket wrote:I watched a little of the world cup last year...or maybe it was 2011. Just confusing. It's always a big pile in the middle with dudes standing there watching it...suddenly one guy decides to jump into it, then it starts all over again.
End of 2011. Very disappointing world cup. The one four years before was way better.