NFL player considering coming out of the closet?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Tebow??

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1299291

EDIT to change that google gave me that gay site... Had to change it... Ughhhh.. :oops: :oops:
Last edited by kylel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: NFL player considering coming out of the closet?

Post by Facedown »

Probably p13.
He is a member of the COLTS!!!, don't ya know.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

That is one gay ass website.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

PLEASE let it be a colt! hahaha!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Damn, it was right in front of our eyes the whole time.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Could be a Raven?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Could be a Raven?
That would be fucking awesome.

When you think of the NFL homo you think WORLD CHAMPION!
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Manti Teo will be an NFL player in a month or so.
scarred but smarter
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

sin wrote:Manti Teo will be an NFL player in a month or so.
Which means a team will waste their 1st round pick on
this bum.

He's the almost-pseudo-Brian Bosworth of his time
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Ayenbadejo? He's the big advocate for teh gheys.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Ayenbadejo? He's the big advocate for teh gheys.

I don't want to name names, but I would say he might be
towards the top of the list.

I could care less which player is gay. Does not make a difference to me.
I hope in today's world the player does not suffer a severe backlash from
his announcement.
To each their own.

When is kick-off again?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: I hope in today's world the player does not suffer a severe backlash from
his announcement.
To each their own.
NOBODY really cares about this stuff anymore, except for self-hating closet cases like P13.

Still, I'm sure a couple churched up idiots will say something stupid like that guy on the 49ers before the Super Bowl. But these will be isolated incidents.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Wouldn't bother me a bit.

I'd LOVE to see your reaction when Andrew Leaf reveals that it isn't just his passes that are being intercepted several times a day by large men.

:lol:
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: I hope in today's world the player does not suffer a severe backlash from
his announcement.
To each their own.
NOBODY really cares about this stuff anymore, except for self-hating closet cases like P13.

Still, I'm sure a couple churched up idiots will say something stupid like that guy on the 49ers before the Super Bowl. But these will be isolated incidents.
A couple? I think you overestimate America's sophistication. It's going to be a lot more than a couple. The first guy to come out is going to be a modern day Jackie Robinson. It'll go easier on him if he's a star player instead of some special teams guy, but he's still going to go through hell.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote: A couple? I think you overestimate America's sophistication. It's going to be a lot more than a couple. The first guy to come out is going to be a modern day Jackie Robinson. It'll go easier on him if he's a star player instead of some special teams guy, but he's still going to go through hell.
Nah, I really don't buy that.

First of all, there are PLENTY of NFL players who are currently on record as saying they don't give a shit. A decade ago I wonder if you could find one. Obviously, public perception has changed a lot, just look at the polls. An overwhelming majority of the American public supports gay marriage now.

And second, the retribution on these idiots who "speak out" would be fast and furious. The teams, the NFL, and of course sponsors would condemn them swiftly - just look at that moron on the 49ers. He was apologizing and backpedaling faster than P13 facing a choice between a humiliating sig or a ban.

I think this would go a lot like when Magic said he had AIDS. You had a very small handful of outspoken NBA players (I think Karl Malone was one) saying they'd NEVER play on the same court with magic, and that it would be a huge risk for the entire NBA. This of course was ridiculous. Within 5 years Magic was back in the NBA and these guys were apologizing for their past ignorance.

It's 20 fucking 13 already. An NFL player - or MLB, or any of these guys - could come out today with minimal retribution, and in fact the public would be on their side.
bane

Post by bane »

I think you have your east coast glasses on Levi. A big chunk of this country isn't that sophisticated. The 49ers guy was back pedaling his ass off because he plays for San Francisco, not because the NFL as a whole is open minded. When the first guy comes out he's going to get death threats. He's going to be taunted and there will be players that say they don't want to play with him. It'll blow over eventually just like racial integration did, especially if he's a star player, but I don't think it's going to go as easy for the guy as you make it out.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:I think you have your east coast glasses on Levi. A big chunk of this country isn't that sophisticated. The 49ers guy was back pedaling his ass off because he plays for San Francisco, not because the NFL as a whole is open minded. When the first guy comes out he's going to get death threats. He's going to be taunted and there will be players that say they don't want to play with him. It'll blow over eventually just like racial integration did, especially if he's a star player, but I don't think it's going to go as easy for the guy as you make it out.
Ok it won't be as easy as I make it out.

It also won't be ANYWHERE as near as difficult as you seem to think it is. All it will take is one high profile guy on each team to say what Justin Verlander did - "I don't care we just want to win" - and I don't think we'll see any trouble with team's making that quota. That and a lost endorsement contract here or there will quickly make the outspoken homophobe morons shut up.

Come on man, I may have "east coast bias" but you aren't giving this country enough credit. We've come a long way. The polls on gay marriage have basically flip flopped over the past decade, gays in the military - a HUGE wedge issue back in the 90s - blew over with nary a fox news pip squeak recently. And outspoken homophobes take a swift public PR beating these days.

You compare this to Jackie Robinson, but there is no fucking way that the gay rights movement is anywhere near as close to the starting line as the civil rights movement was back in 1947.

Breaking the homo line today is on par with breaking the color line is say, 1971 instead of 1947. Maybe even further along than that. It's a completely different ball game.

Just my opinion...we'll see how it plays out.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I'm sure most of the players going to opposing teams stadiums are used to being called cocksuckers, so it won't be that different.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
bane wrote:I think you have your east coast glasses on Levi. A big chunk of this country isn't that sophisticated. The 49ers guy was back pedaling his ass off because he plays for San Francisco, not because the NFL as a whole is open minded. When the first guy comes out he's going to get death threats. He's going to be taunted and there will be players that say they don't want to play with him. It'll blow over eventually just like racial integration did, especially if he's a star player, but I don't think it's going to go as easy for the guy as you make it out.
Ok it won't be as easy as I make it out.

It also won't be ANYWHERE as near as difficult as you seem to think it is. All it will take is one high profile guy on each team to say what Justin Verlander did - "I don't care we just want to win" - and I don't think we'll see any trouble with team's making that quota. That and a lost endorsement contract here or there will quickly make the outspoken homophobe morons shut up.

Come on man, I may have "east coast bias" but you aren't giving this country enough credit. We've come a long way. The polls on gay marriage have basically flip flopped over the past decade, gays in the military - a HUGE wedge issue back in the 90s - blew over with nary a fox news pip squeak recently. And outspoken homophobes take a swift public PR beating these days.

You compare this to Jackie Robinson, but there is no fucking way that the gay rights movement is anywhere near as close to the starting line as the civil rights movement was back in 1947.

Breaking the homo line today is on par with breaking the color line is say, 1971 instead of 1947. Maybe even further along than that. It's a completely different ball game.

Just my opinion...we'll see how it plays out.
Jackie Robinson is an exaggeration, I'll admit. I do think the guy will have a very tough time though, not so much from players, but from the public. I think you're right that must people really don't care, but the vocal minority will be very vocal in my opinion.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

And so it begins....
Former San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Kwame Harris confirmed that he is gay & said he wished he would have come out while he was still playing.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Facedown wrote:And so it begins....
Former San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Kwame Harris confirmed that he is gay & said he wished he would have come out while he was still playing.
Yeah but we knew that back in January when he had legal trouble with his boyfriend. Old news here...
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

bigbuttskinner wrote:
Yeah but we knew that back in January when he had legal trouble with his boyfriend. Old news here...
Never heard about it before.
Oh, well. Disregard.
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

Redman77 wrote:I'm sure most of the players going to opposing teams stadiums are used to being called cocksuckers, so it won't be that different.
And being a Lions fan, you're used to taking it up the ass.

Fag.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:
Why would it matter if he was gay?
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

And he ain't the first one that came out after retirement.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

demolition23 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Why would it matter if he was gay?
P13 gets lots of mileage out of gay slams during recess...he must think that stuff has some impact around here.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Brendon Ayanbadejo, a highly visible defender of gay rights and same-sex marriage, told the Baltimore Sun that there are four current NFL players who are considering coming out as gay.

"I think it will happen sooner than you think," Ayanbadejo told the newspaper. "We're in talks with a handful of players who are considering it. There are up to four players being talked to right now and they're trying to be organized so they can come out on the same day together. It would make a major splash and take the pressure off one guy. It would be a monumental day if a handful or a few guys come out.