CFL 2014 thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: CFL 2014 thread

Post by pieceofme »

Fletch wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:27 am Sorry for the old thread bump, I knew there used to be good CFL convo on here. Watched the BC Montreal game last night. What’s the deal with the locals? HoF coach in his last year, great uniforms, good QB...2nd week of the season and there’s a ton of empty seats near field level. Upper deck looked completely shut off.

Bad weather or bad fans?
Good weather!

Yeah CFL is a footnote in Vancouver really. I remember going to a game when I first arrived in Vancouver. It was fun and cheap (except the beer of course), but I don't really know many people into it tbh. I think a lot fans come from the suburbs like Surrey.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Finally reason to watch CFL game..it’s Johnny Football time!!!!!

Extra long field and goal posts so stupid
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Manziel is the only real reason I give any kind of shit about this league any more.

As a one time huge BC Lions fan, the product and game experience is atrocious now. BC Place is a dump and the entertainment value is horrid. The marketing of the BC Lions is a joke and the only game I would have considered going to would have been if Manziel played but that ain't happening. They haven't made any new fans. It's all suburb people and old people. The younger generation is all about the NFL now and this is where I lean.

I'd rather go see a Single-A Vancouver Canadians game any day of the week.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Royal Dudeness wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 am Manziel is the only real reason I give any kind of shit about this league any more.

As a one time huge BC Lions fan, the product and game experience is atrocious now. BC Place is a dump and the entertainment value is horrid. The marketing of the BC Lions is a joke and the only game I would have considered going to would have been if Manziel played but that ain't happening. They haven't made any new fans. It's all suburb people and old people. The younger generation is all about the NFL now and this is where I lean.

I'd rather go see a Single-A Vancouver Canadians game any day of the week.
Has it deteriorated in the last several years? Or did it start before that?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Oh my...Here's another big blow to li'l Johnny Football's career! Blacklisted and everything! :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/johnny-man ... 04669.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for