NCAA Football...why dont we have a thread for it?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: NCAA Football...why dont we have a thread for it?

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote:
DaveB wrote:I hate the time lapse between the last game of the season and the bowl games. 5 weeks in some cases. I agree with your pics with *maybe* the exception of the Ohio State. I kind of see them coming out flat. Going undefeated for two years just to have it all fall apart at the end.
THIS!
Plus, ESPN is now broadcasting all the BCS games.
Which means inferior broadcasters.

I'm ok with not having Verne Lundquist broadcasting the BCS games because
they are PRO-SEC and find a hard time saying anything remotely interesting that a non-redneck would understand or comprehend.
While they may be Pro SEC, they sure as fuck dont like Alabama! I am Pro SEC and I dont like Vern or Gary Danielson...they both annoy the fuck out of me....
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Heisman finalists have been announced: Jameis Winston FSU, Johnny Manziel TAMU, Jordan Lynch NIU, AJ McCarron Alabama, Tre Mason Auburn, Andre Williams Boston College. http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ams-120913

Glad to see AJ McCarron on the ballots at least...I still think Winston will win it, but in truth, Andre Williams should get it, he has been a beast on the ground this year (175ypg and over 2000 for the season)
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Machado wrote: Plus, ESPN is now broadcasting all the BCS games.
I saw that yesterday. Pisses me off 'cause I don't have cable and the National Championship game has always been on network...I think. I really don't want to have to find a place to watch it other than my own damn couch.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Just watched College Sports on HBO.

What a crock of shit, I might create a new thread in the lounge to get a wider opinion but it makes me wanna puke at the idea of paying college athletes.

We all know the insane amount of money college sports/football generates but the money should help lower tuition not to pay dumb people to go to school who don't want to be there.
Foster with the Texans and a lot of Pro's were bitching about not being paid while in school. They got a free ride, taught a skill, put on stage and are now making kabillions. Fuck off.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Did you hear that Gus Malzahn called Nick Saban?

He said "Hey, coach, you got a minute? I want to run something by you..."

Sorry - I'm late to the party, but it still feel sooooo good.

WAAAAAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Someone clone her now, so we have an army of Mitzis when she dies.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

MitziDupree wrote:Did you hear that Gus Malzahn called Nick Saban?

He said "Hey, coach, you got a minute? I want to run something by you..."

Sorry - I'm late to the party, but it still feel sooooo good.

WAAAAAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!
Damn... and to think I was in love with you just a mere five seconds ago.
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Ha! It's all good. We're going to try and extend that SEC streak to eight!

We're just one, big dysfunctional family, aren't we? I'm surprised Exitflagger hasn't chimed in with LSU love...
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Someone clone her now, so we have an army of Mitzis when she dies.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

MitziDupree wrote:Ha! It's all good. We're going to try and extend that SEC streak to eight!

We're just one, big dysfunctional family, aren't we? I'm surprised Exitflagger hasn't chimed in with LSU love...
Flagger was so exuberant over the Iron Bowl that he created an entire thread to disparage Nick Saban. I guess they're still a little bitter over that whole LSU to Alabama via Miami thing.

My Dad's an Auburn fan, and I'm all about keeping it in the conference and the state. Besides, my FSU fan friends have been 10x more obnoxious than my Auburn fan friends.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I can't imagine Michigan fans pulling for Ohio State to win it "for the conference." And I know for a fact that UNC basketball fans hated the fact that Duke "kept it in the state" in 2010.

I guess this 'Bama/Auburn rivalry isn't all that it's cracked up to be. :|
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:I can't imagine Michigan fans pulling for Ohio State to win it "for the conference." And I know for a fact that UNC basketball fans hated the fact that Duke "kept it in the state" in 2010.

I guess this 'Bama/Auburn rivalry isn't all that it's cracked up to be. :|
More regional pride, less pettiness. Besides, Alabama looks worse if Auburn get squashed.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

So Winston won the Heisman to nobody's surprise/ Obviously it's about more than stats, but I was surprised to see the differences when I looked at this.

Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Did anybody tune in and watch Youngstown Boys, ESPN 30 for 30 over the weekend?
I have the program recorded on the DVR. Looking forward to hearing how
Maurice and the Head Coach cheated at Ohio St.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote:Did anybody tune in and watch Youngstown Boys, ESPN 30 for 30 over the weekend?
I have the program recorded on the DVR. Looking forward to hearing how
Maurice and the Head Coach cheated at Ohio St.
I watched it right after the Heisman Ceremony. Nothing in it about Tressel cheating...it focused primarily on Clarett and his rise and struggles. Pretty cool little show. Hell of a way for someone to throw away everything...Clarett was a beast on the field and had the world in front of him for the taking...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

[quote="BodyBagz"
I watched it right after the Heisman Ceremony. Nothing in it about Tressel cheating...it focused primarily on Clarett and his rise and struggles. Pretty cool little show. Hell of a way for someone to throw away everything...Clarett was a beast on the field and had the world in front of him for the taking...[/quote]

Saw the film last night.
Clarett was screwed. Just another major football farm that chews up a player and
spits him out. Left him for dead.
The duo seemed like a perfect fit. Both from Youngstown.
There have been much more serious "crimes" committed by College Football players.
All Maurice did was get a car per the suggestion of his head coach.
Then Mr Geiger has to assert his authority and punish the kid by making him run on the field, etc....WTF!!!
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

demolition23 wrote:So Winston won the Heisman to nobody's surprise/ Obviously it's about more than stats, but I was surprised to see the differences when I looked at this.

WOW! That's a MUCH bigger difference than I'd have expected. But if I were a coach, I'd pick AJ 100 times out of 100.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Machado wrote: Saw the film last night.
Clarett was screwed. Just another major football farm that chews up a player and
spits him out. Left him for dead.
The duo seemed like a perfect fit. Both from Youngstown.
There have been much more serious "crimes" committed by College Football players.
All Maurice did was get a car per the suggestion of his head coach.
Then Mr Geiger has to assert his authority and punish the kid by making him run on the field, etc....WTF!!!
Clarett was not some poor victim. They left some shit out to make him seem more sympathetic, because a redemption story is more appealing. They didn't explain why he lived in Youngstown but played for Warren Harding.

They didn't touch on Tressel and his issues at YSU - one of their former trustees served 10 years in a federal pen. They did interview Ray Isaac, though.

The editing was pretty bad too - one of the supposed clips from 2002 spring practice was actually Carlos Hyde from earlier this year, not Clarett.

Geiger was always a pompous ass.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

OK where are the Bama fans around here?

Sooners vs Bama Thurs night.

Predictions right here.............
GO!!!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

2 of Arizona's touchdowns yesterday over Boston College were caught by Ken Griffey Jr.'s son.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote:OK where are the Bama fans around here?

GO!!!
Here I am...Roll Tide Roll...

My prediction is Alabama 42 vs Oklahoma 28...AJ McCarron will be the game MVP...he will pass for 120 or so yards, run for about 15 w/1 TD...TJ Yeldon will go for 100+ and 2 TD`s...Kenyon Drake will have 40+ and 1 TD...Omari Cooper will have about 50yds receiving and 1 TD...Kevin Norwood will have 35+ and 1 TD....around 350-375 yards of Total Offense....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Teddy Bridgewater heading to NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/ ... -nfl-draft

Bridgewater, 21, is the top-rated quarterback prospect by ESPN's Todd McShay and the No. 8 player overall. He graduated last month with a degree in sports administration, the first member of his family to graduate from college.

Two weeks ago, Bridgewater told ESPN that if he decided to turn pro early, it'd be so he could "finally say I reached my ultimate goal, and it would change my mom's life [financially]."

"I can make an impact on my environment, where I grew up in Miami, showing there's no restrictions what you can reach," Bridgewater said on Dec. 16. "That someone from the same neighborhood can make it out."
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

UtahRatt wrote:Teddy Bridgewater heading to NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/ ... -nfl-draft

Bridgewater, 21, is the top-rated quarterback prospect by ESPN's Todd McShay and the No. 8 player overall. He graduated last month with a degree in sports administration, the first member of his family to graduate from college.

Two weeks ago, Bridgewater told ESPN that if he decided to turn pro early, it'd be so he could "finally say I reached my ultimate goal, and it would change my mom's life [financially]."

"I can make an impact on my environment, where I grew up in Miami, showing there's no restrictions what you can reach," Bridgewater said on Dec. 16. "That someone from the same neighborhood can make it out."
Very good QB and truly seems to have his shit together.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Sorry, Alabama. :(
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Well, I missed the final score by 3 points on each team...and I had them reversed... :?

Gotta hand it to Stoops and the Sooners, they came in with a game plan and they stuck to it. It looked like they studied a lot of game film from Texas A&M and Auburn as they were running the no huddle/hurry-up offense, and like the latter 2 teams, it caused the Tide to lose focus.

I will say though, had Alabama not given up 3 turnovers, the 2 McCarron pics and the Yeldon fumble, this game may have stayed tighter. To that end though, you have to lay equal blame on Alabama`s Offensive and Defensive lines...neither one seemed to have a clear idea as to what the fuck they were doing tonight.

Unlike a lot of Alabama fans, I can admit when my favorite team falls the fuck apart...and this was a prime example...and this loss was not a direct reflection of a fucked up play call such as the Auburn game. This was fundamental football not being executed the way it should have been from a 2 time defending National Championship team...

Never-the-less, its over now, and time to get ready for next season and the starting playoff system! Roll Tide Roll!
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

The real question is: What kind of felony will a deranged and despondent Alabama fan commit in the French Quarter tonight? Place your bets.

Murder?
Weird rape?
Botany poisoning?
All of the above?

:?:
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Beautiful morning here in the sooner state.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Roll tears, roll. :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

BodyBagz wrote:
Machado wrote:OK where are the Bama fans around here?

GO!!!
Here I am...Roll Tide Roll...

My prediction is Alabama 42 vs Oklahoma 28...AJ McCarron will be the game MVP...he will pass for 120 or so yards, run for about 15 w/1 TD...TJ Yeldon will go for 100+ and 2 TD`s...Kenyon Drake will have 40+ and 1 TD...Omari Cooper will have about 50yds receiving and 1 TD...Kevin Norwood will have 35+ and 1 TD....around 350-375 yards of Total Offense....
Stoops had Saban holding his ankles the majority of the game and kept sticking it to the
Bama coaching staff for 60 minutes.
AWESOME!!
Nobody gave OU a chance last night.
ESPN was pro Bama
The ESPN gameday experts were pro Bama
The ESPN director and his camera crew were pro Bama

OU smacked Bama in the mouth over and over.
OU tooks Bama's best shots during the game and did not flinch.

Trevor Knight played like a Senior, not a RS Freshman. He has a bright future in Norman.
Big Game Bob gets a signature W in New Orleans.
GREAT GAME!!!
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Machado wrote: Nobody gave OU a chance last night.
ESPN was pro Bama

Speaking of ESPN: Mark May can suck my dick.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
Machado wrote: Nobody gave OU a chance last night.
ESPN was pro Bama

Speaking of ESPN: Mark May can suck my dick.