Bill Simmons suspended

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Bill Simmons suspended

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anybody a fan of this guy?
Personally I can't stand him. He's an opinionated ass hat wind bag that has
never played a sport in his life.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/e ... nti-735565

One of ESPN's top media personalities has run afoul of network guidelines once again.

Bill Simmons has been suspended for three weeks over heated remarks he made during his popular B.S. Report podcast, ESPN said in a Wednesday statement.

"Every employee must be accountable to ESPN and those engaged in our editorial operations must also operate within ESPN's journalistic standards," the network stated. "We have worked hard to ensure that our recent NFL coverage has met that criteria. Bill Simmons did not meet those obligations in a recent podcast, and as a result we have suspended him for three weeks."

Read more ESPN to Launch Bill Simmons' 'Grantland Basketball Show'

On Monday, Simmons had seemingly issued a challenge to the network to respond over comments he made about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's recent response to the Ray Rice domestic abuse scandal.

"I really hope somebody calls me or emails me and says I'm in trouble for anything I say about Roger Goodell. Because if one person says that to me, I'm going public. You leave me alone," Simmons stated in the podcast. "The commissioner's a liar and I get to talk about that on my podcast. … Please, call me and say I'm in trouble. I dare you."

Simmons, a columnist, NBA TV analyst and editor-in-chief of ESPN's sports and culture site Grantland, had been suspended briefly from Twitter in March 2013 over pointed comments made about ESPN programming. A network spokesperson confirmed Wednesday that his latest suspension includes all platforms.

Read more Bill Simmons Slams "Liar" Roger Goodell, Dares ESPN to Discipline Him
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Bill Simmons suspended

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

He sucks but I completely support him here.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:He sucks but I completely support him here.

Yep. Don't like him. But this isn't okay.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

I miss Archie Bunker.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Its such a charade to attack the comissioner. Its sheep mentality. We see it every sport. They always antagonize the league and the comissioner.

How do you know for a fact that godell saw the video? Why would he bother with that?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Every television station that can afford it would love to air NFL games. ESPN doesn't want to lose their contract, so I can understand why they have handled Goodell with delicacy. I'm sure there are a lot of people there behind the scenes cheering him for saying it, but for the sake of their business relationship with the NFL they felt he needed time off.
scarred but smarter
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:He sucks but I completely support him here.

Eh, this looks like nothing more than a publicity grab for him. I can't imagine being that outraged at Goddell. It's ridiculous.

Where are Al and Jesse on this?
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Yeah, it's self serving but at the same time he's probably the biggest media member who has spoken out so pointedly about Goodell's ineptitude. I despise ESPN now so I'm all for people who shed light on how their business relationships get in the way of fair reporting on big stories.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:Every television station that can afford it would love to air NFL games. ESPN doesn't want to lose their contract, so I can understand why they have handled Goodell with delicacy. I'm sure there are a lot of people there behind the scenes cheering him for saying it, but for the sake of their business relationship with the NFL they felt he needed time off.
It's fucked up.
I brought this up in the other thread about controlled media. All the main media outlets are on a leash so the masses don't get to see half the shit the gets swept under the rug not to mention the other half the more info seeker will never see.
FullDJacket wrote:Its such a charade to attack the comissioner. Its sheep mentality. We see it every sport. They always antagonize the league and the comissioner.

How do you know for a fact that godell saw the video? Why would he bother with that?
Seriously? What do you think Goodell does? If its such a charade to attack the commissioner and sheep mentality I hope you don't make posts about Obama.

Why would Goodell bother with that? Because it's his fucking job! He'd want every copy of that Rice tape on his desk and burn them personally. He'd want every abuse case kept behind closed doors. This shit is damaging to the NFL and he's the commissioner that's why, DUH.

Why would our president want to see missiles being sent to Cuba on a boat from Russia or sell weapons terrorists in Iran then try to hide it? Why would he bother with that?

There's every indication and no doubt both the Raven's owner and Goodell seen the video and heard the report long before the season started. Not to mention lack of action, lets talk about the lack of punishment against all the players who've been nailed and are still playing or got a slap on the wrist for these criminal offenses. The NFL is in a fucking shit storm and Goodell is driving the boat.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

FUCK ESPN.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

As mentioned before, to me Simmons is a windbag.
With that being said, he should be able to say whatever
he wants with no repercussions especially on his podcast.
The ballsy thing for him to do is to quit ESPN.
Will he do that? Probably not.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

UtahRatt
Come on...unless you know for fact that someone is lying.....dont call him a a liar. Thats no.1. I think Goddell has meetings all day with media, referees, team owners. He probably has a couple of people in charge of monitoring players behaviors. A CEO cant be bothered with that kind of footnotes. Now its a big deal and stupid sports writers and fans go on a witch hunt. Rice punched the woman, not Goddell
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

FullDJacket wrote:Its such a charade to attack the comissioner. Its sheep mentality. We see it every sport. They always antagonize the league and the comissioner.

You're a fucking imbecile.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

NeverSurrender wrote:

You're a fucking imbecile.
Look at my registration date and show some respect dumbass
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Bill indeed is a windbag that swings from LeBron's dick like a kid on a jungle gym, but he does has his moments. Him, Jacoby and Jalen should start working for Deadspin already.