Any Love For The College Game?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Re: Any Love For The College Game?

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

BodyBagz wrote:Ohio State played Alabama football just a bit better than Alabama did tonight.
LMFAO. Don't kid yourself and don't let the score fool you. They were outclassed, period. Look at the stats and accept the embarrassment. Ezekiel Elliot ran for 230 yards against an Alabama defense and a third string quarterback lead Ohio State to a resounding defeat of the #1 team in the country on HIS SECOND CAREER START.

"A little bit better" my ass.

On another note, I'm glad the Ducks hurt FSU so badly. Not only because I hate the SEC and it was awesome, but also because they'll be riding that high and they'll underestimate the Buckeyes, too. As we've seen time and time again this season, that'll be a big mistake.

DaveB wrote:The pure hatred toward a given school...is truly the best gauge of where dominance really lies.
Hahahah...no. Case in point: Fuck *ichigan.

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Dave B, STFU already.

The best part was all the sad SPN announcers as they called the game.

"Well, this team can hang with the SEC, they have sec speed"

Uhhh, looks like everybody has SEC speed. That SEC shit all year was a myth. And just remember some of us were laughed at for just suggesting that maybe, just maybe the SEC was comepletely overrated. Who is laughing now?
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Guess I gotta check in here and take my medicine... My Noles got whooped. Oh well, it's been a hell of a run and we have a lot of young talent to replace the ones that we lose this year.

And not that it matters much... but FSU left the field because ESPN briefed the teams that the loser needs to exit quickly so they could stage the trophy presentation for the winner. Alabama hustled off pretty quickly too.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

That whole they didn't shake hands bullshit was just more ESPN propaganda.

This isn't hockey, and there are no handshake lines.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Dear Big Ten, thank you for not embarrasing me...for once.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The only was a conference can embarrass you is if you talk about it like the whole conference is your team, you know like SEC honks do.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

FamousJames wrote:Guess I gotta check in here and take my medicine... My Noles got whooped. Oh well, it's been a hell of a run and we have a lot of young talent to replace the ones that we lose this year.

And not that it matters much... but FSU left the field because ESPN briefed the teams that the loser needs to exit quickly so they could stage the trophy presentation for the winner. Alabama hustled off pretty quickly too.
I don't remember reading a bunch of obnoxious shit from you leading up to the game so I got nothing for you, sorry.

Hey you're team had one hell of a run these last two years and I don't know about you but I was surprised at how quickly Fisher turned them around after Bowden left.

And as far as that unsportsmanlike stuff after the game it works both ways. Oregon's players mocked Winston after the game. Go check it out if you haven't heard about it already.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote:
BodyBagz wrote: Ohio State played Alabama football just a bit better than Alabama did tonight.
:roll: Is that what it really was? Last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with you guys but c'mon man give it a rest.

Alabama got outplayed and outcoached. Football is football the university of Alabama doesn't own the copyright to it.
I stand by what I said. Alabama has been known for the last 5-6 years as a "power run" football team...exactly what Ezekiel Elliott did last night is exactly what Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson did during Alabama`s Championship runs. Had it not been for the the hiring of Lane Kiffin, Blake Sims would have never been able to open up the air attack as much as he did...and Alabama would have most likely crapped out sooner and finished 8-4/9-3 on this season. The fact that Cardale Jones was able to burn the secondary was of no surprise to us Alabama fans...Ole Miss did it, Auburn did it and even Mizzou. Cardale Jones took some lumps and still managed to make his connections..he earned it.

Did Alabama help beat themselves...damn right they did...they are not mythological you dopes...they fuck up just like everyone else. But to try and mitigate what that coaching staff has done in 8 years is ridiculous.

I will be right here next season...and I will still be cheering for the Tide...whether they stack up and make it to a bowl or a championship will be up to them...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

So BodyBagz...are we seeing a changing of the guards in the SEC? The mighty West going 4-2 with the only wins coming with the weakest teams, Arkansas and A&M. On the flipside, the "weak" East has gone 4-0 with one more game left in Florida.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Alright I've finally figured you two guys out. You're Phyllis from Mulga and Tammy from Clanton.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

eddie lee roth wrote:Alright I've finally figured you two guys out. You're Phyllis from Mulga and Tammy from Clanton.
I have absolutely no idea what that means.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Google Paul Finebaum show. :lol: And don't get all pissy I'm just fucking around.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

eddie lee roth wrote:Google Paul Finebaum show. :lol: And don't get all pissy I'm just fucking around.
I'm not getting pissy at all...I just didn't know. And I'm not a fan of Finebaum at all so I seriously didn't know. But I did look up each of those references.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Phyllis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6jxMKUluE

Tammy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9COuNkgL8dg
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

DaveB wrote:So BodyBagz...are we seeing a changing of the guards in the SEC? The mighty West going 4-2 with the only wins coming with the weakest teams, Arkansas and A&M. On the flipside, the "weak" East has gone 4-0 with one more game left in Florida.
I would have to say No at this point. While the East has some good teams, they still at this time, dont measure up to the SEC West (SEC Championships back this up, West 12-11 East (Florida being the predominant team from the East with 7 wins). It seems to me that far too many people are giving post-season wins far more credit than it deserves. Does the fact that a West team lost a bowl game mean they are weaker compared to an East team that won? To imply that is beyond short-sighted and damn sure foolish. Now, given some more time and better recruiting, I can see the field being almost perfectly level as far as the SEC goes.

The West will always have 4-5 good-great teams...the East will have about the same. What would make it better all around is for the SEC to play more Power 5 teams outside conference play. Teams get into a rut and get used to seeing the same match-ups and schemes year in and year out...branch out and regardless of the travel costs, go out west and play the UCLA`s and the Oregons...or at least invite them out here. Win, Lose or Draw, your team will be better for that type of play...it just make take a few years to get to where you want the team to be, but ALL teams go through a re-build process anyways.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

eddie lee roth wrote:Alright I've finally figured you two guys out. You're Phyllis from Mulga and Tammy from Clanton.
Kudos to you for the links...I dont listen/watch Paul Finebaum either....and I'm slightly amused with these 2 women... :shock:

I nevr lose my shit like that. I'm far too intelligent and articulate for that to happen...I can make my statements and arguments without going bat-shit crazy. :lol:
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

BodyBagz wrote: I nevr lose my shit like that.
Yeah, I can't say that I'm that nuts over anything...much less a sports team.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I hope the Ducks fucking choke. Hands down the worst bunch of Superfans I've ever encountered. Downtown Eugene should be avoided during Gameday. Especially after a defeat. They're like Raiders fans with a worse color scheme and no winning history to back it up.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Rainbow Bright wrote:I hope the Ducks fucking choke. Hands down the worst bunch of Superfans I've ever encountered. Downtown Eugene should be avoided during Gameday. Especially after a defeat. They're like Raiders fans with a worse color scheme and no winning history to back it up.
Eugene is the home of the Ducks...I'd expect it there. Out here on the coast, though, you'll also see a ton of green and yellow. Or orange and black. Even during the really bad years. Which have been too many to mention. Even the Beavs will fill the stadium every time. And yes, it's the only sticker on my car, a Beaver logo.

Is it because it's the only football in the state? Even with the population rise since the PNW became "cool", Oregon is a small state, with a lot of local alumni from both schools. Hell, before the Seahawks the closest NFL team was the Bay area in Cali. (My husband is a die hard 49'er fan to this day, he hates the Seahawks. )

Whatever happens, the new system of playoffs has changed the game. And the SEC doesn't like it. :lol:

Though I did get a chuckle when I heard someone call the Ducks "Phil Knight's pets"...

I think I'll go find some TV free space on game day...it will be nuts here.

That reminds me...how do you keep a beaver out of your yard?

You put up a goalpost.

What happens when you cross a beaver and a groundhog?

Six more weeks of bad football.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

vlad wrote:[
Whatever happens, the new system of playoffs has changed the game. And the SEC doesn't like it. :lol:
Really? Not sure how that hurts the SEC but whatever you say.

Either way, here's how things have stacked up to this point. Banner year for the boys on the West Coast, I'd say.

PAC 12 6-2 (So Far)
SEC 7-5
ACC 4-7
Big 12 3-4
Big 10 5-5 (So Far)
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Nike's title-game uniforms for Oregon and Ohio State feature a surprise look for the Ducks.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Those are both lame-ass uniforms. Really? Silver on white?
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Ohio State's is pretty basic, except for the black numbers on the shoulders.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Dave you still want to talk about that stupid conspiracy theory of yours about Wisconsin taking a dive so Ohio State could get in the playoffs?
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

eddie lee roth wrote:Dave you still want to talk about that stupid conspiracy theory of yours about Wisconsin taking a dive so Ohio State could get in the playoffs?
Who said that? I didn't say that. Pretty sure someone hacked into my account and posted that nonsense.

No, I'll be the first to say that OSU is the real deal but I still don't think that they should be in the playoff. It's painfully obvious that they're good enough, but TCU got fucked.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Winston has declared for the NFL draft. NFL draft advisory committee has given him a first round grade. Do you draft the kid with the #1 pick? If you are TB do you invest all your hopes and dreams into a kid that obviously has off the field problems and is not very mature?
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

DaveB wrote:I still don't think that they should be in the playoff.
LMFAO

They handily knocked off the #1 team in the fucking country with a third-string quarterback AND ran the ball against them better than any team this year...maybe the last two years. You think TCU could have done that?

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
LMFAO

They handily knocked off the #1 team in the fucking country with a third-string quarterback AND ran the ball against them better than any team this year...maybe the last two years. You think TCU could have done that?

Pay attention, dumbass...you're late to the party. Read what I have said earlier.

TCU was ranked 3rd going into the last week of the season. The selection committee believed that TCU was the third best team in the country. Then they beat Iowa State 55-3.

After doing exactly what they were supposed to do, TCU then FELL to number 6 in the poll.

I'm not saying that OSU isn't a good team...that's not my point. I'm saying that the selection committee fucked TCU. NO WAY they shouldn't have been in the playoff based on what thee committee had said week in and week out. It was only at the very end did they decided that OSU should be there and TCU shouldn't.

Furthermore, I *do* think that TCU could have beaten Alabama. They destroyed Ole Miss and could have put another three touchdowns on them if they wanted.

I'm not taking anything away from OSU. They've impressed the shit out of me but I'm not sure that I'd say they "handily" beat 'Bama. They won by a touchdown.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

TCU shouldn't have been ranked above Baylor, anyway.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DaveB wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
LMFAO

Pay attention, dumbass...you're late to the party. Read what I have said earlier.

TCU was ranked 3rd going into the last week of the season. The selection committee believed that TCU was the third best team in the country. Then they beat Iowa State 55-3.

After doing exactly what they were supposed to do, TCU then FELL to number 6 in the poll.

I'm not saying that OSU isn't a good team...that's not my point. I'm saying that the selection committee fucked TCU. NO WAY they shouldn't have been in the playoff based on what thee committee had said week in and week out. It was only at the very end did they decided that OSU should be there and TCU shouldn't.

Furthermore, I *do* think that TCU could have beaten Alabama. They destroyed Ole Miss and could have put another three touchdowns on them if they wanted.

I'm not taking anything away from OSU. They've impressed the shit out of me but I'm not sure that I'd say they "handily" beat 'Bama. They won by a touchdown.
The playoff system is flawed. There will always be an argument for several teams that feel they are more deserving.

I think this season there were 6 teams that deserved to be included in the discussion for the 4 team playoffs. Then again I would like to disqualify any team that has a very weak out of conference schedule.
Playing teams like Northwestern St or Samford is just awful.
Alabama this year scheduled Florida Atlantic to kick off the season
and inexplicably W. Carolina late in the season.
Who cares if just about every national power team does this. Does not make it right.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

There *should* be 8 teams. But let's face it, we'll NEVER see it happen. I'm sure that the committee is sitting back saying, "Ok...you wanted a fucking playoff and you got it. Now shut the fuck up."

Maybe this will put a stop to these cupcake games though. Sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.