RIP Stuart Scott

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

RIP Stuart Scott

Post by lemmysmole »

Just saw them talking about it on NFL Gameday. Rich Eisen was a mess.

RIP to him. :cry:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/espn- ... -1.2065232
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: RIP Stuart Scott

Post by WOLF »

Always sad when someone so young succumbs to the big C. Fuck cancer. RIP Stuart Scott.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

That's a damn shame.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

I always hate whenever someone dies and people are falling all over themselves talking about what a great person they were and such. I obviously didn't know him personally but from a professional standpoint...you didn't get much better. I absolutely loved to watch this guy.

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You're guilty of what you were just talking about. He wasn't some great announcer unless you liked listening to people make a fool of themselves with all their moronic from the street talk.

Because of him every jackass on ESPN thinks they have to have some stupid fucking catch phrase. I'm sorry he lost his battle with cancer but I'm not gonna talk like he was some announcing legend.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Then don't. I'm just saying that I really liked the guy. What's so hard to understand about that?
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

RIP, I remember seeing him on Sportscenter as a kid.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

lemmysmole wrote:Just saw them talking about it on NFL Gameday. Rich Eisen was a mess.
Here it is:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/4 ... isen-video
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

DaveB wrote:Then don't. I'm just saying that I really liked the guy. What's so hard to understand about that?
Then why preface it with some bullshit disclaimer?

"I usually hate when someone dies and everybody says they like a guy. But I really liked this guy!"

What the fuck is that? So it's always bullshit when others do it but this one is straight from your Christ-lovin' heart.

What kind if a fucking Christian are you anyway? You violate like 3 tenets of the bible everytime you post.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I really liked Stuart Scott - alway hate seeing cancer take it's toll on someone. Sad.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

eddie lee roth wrote:You're guilty of what you were just talking about. He wasn't some great announcer unless you liked listening to people make a fool of themselves with all their moronic from the street talk.

Because of him every jackass on ESPN thinks they have to have some stupid fucking catch phrase. I'm sorry he lost his battle with cancer but I'm not gonna talk like he was some announcing legend.
I used to think like that but if that jackass Chris Berman can pander to goofy white guys like me then why couldn't Scott do the same for the American black male demographic? He really did change things for broadcasting - nobody was doing the kind of stuff he was doing before. He also was one of the network's best pure reporters - any time he had a serious story he nailed it. Whether you like the persona or not you can't deny his legacy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Really bummed about this. Dude fought that shit hard. FUCK Cancer! :cry: The Colts held a moment of silence for him. Class.

#booyah
Fuck sigs.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Crazy Levi wrote:
DaveB wrote:Then don't. I'm just saying that I really liked the guy. What's so hard to understand about that?
Then why preface it with some bullshit disclaimer?

"I usually hate when someone dies and everybody says they like a guy. But I really liked this guy!"

What the fuck is that? So it's always bullshit when others do it but this one is straight from your Christ-lovin' heart.

What kind if a fucking Christian are you anyway? You violate like 3 tenets of the bible everytime you post.
What the fuck are you talking about? What does this have to do with my faith?

Maybe I should have worded it this way:

"I always hate whenever someone dies and people are falling all over themselves talking about what a great person they were and such. You always hear comments like, 'He lit up the whole room with his personality. He always had a smile on his face. He touched the lives of everyone that knew him." Personally, I find it disingenuous at times. It's opportunistic statements that people make. I pointed out the same thing when Joan Rivers died. I didn't like her before and I wasn't going to praise her when she died. That's not my thing. I personally tend to only say things about someone I really liked. That said, I really liked Stuart Scott and I'm sad to hear the news that he has passed."

Is that better? Does that make more fucking sense to you and Eddie? Are you both so simple fucking minded that you sincerely didn't know what I was saying?

It wasn't a bullshit disclaimer and if you had quoted my full statement rather than shortening it to, "I usually hate when someone dies and everybody says they like a guy. But I really liked this guy!" and twisting it out of context then maybe you would have understood what I was saying in the first place.

But then again, I guess it's more just an opportunity to pick on me because I'm a Christian because I have absolutely NO IDEA what Biblical tenets I violated by posting what I did. Try to pay respects to someone that I appreciate and you guys turn it into this shit storm. Nice.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Fuck sigs.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'm pretty sure there's something in there about not judging others lest ye be judged or some bullshit.

And yet here you are with "People who claim to mourn celebs are frauds and liars. Except me. I mourn Stuart Scott and take my word for it cause I'm better than you. Also I'm into torture."

People pick on you for being a Christian because you are full of shit.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Whatever makes you happy, dude. Knock yourself out with that.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

The fact that Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are still alive is the ultimate dick punch. Stu was a game changer at ESPN. And when he was paired with Rich or Dan or SVP, it was pretty good viewing while I waited to catch the school bus. To say he was one of the last legit dudes employed at ESPN wouldn't be an understatement.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Crazy Levi wrote:I'm pretty sure there's something in there about not judging others lest ye be judged or some bullshit.

And yet here you are with "People who claim to mourn celebs are frauds and liars. Except me. I mourn Stuart Scott and take my word for it cause I'm better than you. Also I'm into torture."

I don't know what stupid shit Dave B may be saying elsewhere to get you so riled up, but his post here was pretty harmless, and pretty clear. I don't see any contradiction in disliking the way many responses to a public figure's passing whitewash their personality while simultaneously acknowledging the guy's work.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Pretty touching eulogy from Rich Eisen and I'm sure it was off-the-cuff but when eulogizing someone, don't mention "the haters." I have only a cursory familiarity with Stuart Scott but it left me thinking "Wait, what did he do?" Turns out he just said "BOO-YAH!!!" but it's best to leave the haters out of it, if only to just not acknowledge them.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Turns out he just said "BOO-YAH!!!"
:lol:

I remember hearing Rich Eisen talk on some podcast about how Stuart would poke fun at him for his Seinfeld references. He said something like, "Brothers ain't watching Seinfeld! They're watching Martin."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

demolition23 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:I'm pretty sure there's something in there about not judging others lest ye be judged or some bullshit.

I don't know what stupid shit Dave B may be saying elsewhere to get you so riled up, but his post here was pretty harmless, and pretty clear. I don't see any contradiction in disliking the way many responses to a public figure's passing whitewash their personality while simultaneously acknowledging the guy's work.
That's just Crazy Levi. He makes sense most of the time. Not saying he is or not, but he's just being CL.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

That sucks I dug Stuart all of his years. I'll always remember his one liners to his segment about busting people up while playing full contact flag when I was in the game. As he got older he didn't shit his pants like Berman. Always funny in the ESPN Commercials and one of the few ESPN guys I never got sick of even tho I got sick of ESPN.

RIP.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

washed up
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

I'm a big Sports Center guy and I grew tired of his delivery after a while. But there is no denying that he changed the game when it comes to sports broadcasting. Much like Dandy Don Meredith brought announcing to the everyman, Stuart made is accessible to urban youth. Incredible talent gone too soon.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

hated him at a time when sixdgritt was watching him like a dummy

sux for anyone to go out this way though
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Hated Stuart Scott on ESPN, but respected and prayed for him and his fight against cancer. Loved his speech at the ESPY's and was pulling for him
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Hey Crazy Levi! If he was white I would have hated his delivery on ESPN too!
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LillianRoxyFA wrote:I'm a big Sports Center guy and I grew tired of his delivery after a while. But there is no denying that he changed the game when it comes to sports broadcasting. Much like Dandy Don Meredith brought announcing to the everyman, Stuart made is accessible to urban youth. Incredible talent gone too soon.

+1

Everything you wrote is true.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Heenan Snuka wrote:hated him at a time when sixdgritt was watching him like a dummy

sux for anyone to go out this way though
Huh?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.